Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

3.7

Aqua/Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG, PPG 10, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Talc, Silica Silylate, Sodium PCA, C12 15 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Stearate, Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Acrylates, C12 22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Bis PEG, PPG 14, 14 Dimethicone, Laureth 7, Lecithin, Tribehenin, Amodimethicone, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Trihydroxystearin, Dimethiconol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Parfum (Fragrance), Xanthan Gum, Propylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Carbonate, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Laureth 4, Sodium Sulfate, BHT, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methlyproprional, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Geranoil, Alpha Isomethyl, Ionone, Citronellol, May Contain (+/-):, Titanium Dioxide Cl 77891, Iron Oxides ( CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) (Feburary 2015, glass bottle with red cap ingredients) - titanium dioxide, octinoxate, water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, cetylpeg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, talc, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium pca, silica silylate, C12 15 Alkyl ethylhexanoate, magnesium sulfate, zinc stearate, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, acrylates/C12-22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, BisPEG/PPG-14/14 dimethicone, amodimethicone, laureth 7, lecithin, tribehenin, disteardimonium hectorite, phenoxyethanol, trihydroxystearin, chlorphenesin, dimethiconol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, xanthan gum, fragrance, pentylene glycol, tocopheryl acetate, propylene carbonate, hydroxyethyl cellulose, glycerin, citric acid, fructose, sodium hydroxide, urea, laureth-4, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, butylphenyl methlyproprional, allantoin, maltose, sodium chloride, sodium lactate, sodium sulfate, trehalose, benzyl salicylate, linalool, geraniol, bht, citronellol, alpha-isomethyl ionone, glucose, sodium hyaluronate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, iron oxides

on 9/9/2011 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is an excellent long wearing foundation but I am only rating three stars because the color selection is so poor. There is nothing, and I mean NOTHING for fair skinned peeps.

Rimmel is an English company; the English are fair skinned people, so I don't understand why the colors are so dark! To use this I have to mix it with a lighter color foundation from another brand. I have emailed this company numerous times asking why they don't make lighter colors and I receive replies stating "Use our Ivory color".

Hmmmm...I DID try the lightest color and it is STILL too dark you nimrods!

Final Verdict:
Good foundation that is long wearing. Poor color selection.

on 9/9/2011 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this foundation in an attempt to beat the "runny-makeup" blues during my outdoor wedding ceremony. It was 90 degrees all day and it was horribly humid! I had tried this foundation previously, going with a bit darker shade than normal (because they didn't have a shade close to mine) and mixed it with a lighter shade to get the perfect color for me. In previous days I had no issues with mixing the two foundations, but the wedding would be an all day event. On the big day- I applied my makeup as always and as soon as I came out- I was instantly sweating- and I don't mean a little sweaty- we are talking dripping all over like we just got out of a shower. The heat was unbelievable!
I was in total shock, but by 9pm, my make-up was still holding strong! THIS MAKE-UP ROCKS!! Even mixed with the other foundation- it still held through all night. At 3 am- I checked again, and it was still looking good! I added a little powder and I looked good as new again. This stuff is definitely worth the money. :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Ok, I know it's too early to write a review but I'm doing it anyway. I bought this foundation yesterday and and this is my first day using it but I like it so far. I haven't had to powder up all day. I may have bought a shade too light (soft beige) so I'm going to try and see if the next shade up matches better. Anyway, it was easy to blend and I only had to use a small abount for my whole face (equivalent to pump). I'm waiting to see if it causes me to breakout. If a foundation breaks me out it usually results in ugly cystic acne (yuck).

on 9/5/2011 12:09:00 AM

Gives Medium-Full Coverage. It's very easy to blend, the consistency is like a thick lotion. It gives a nice smooth finish. And lasts about 9-10 hrs on me. It says it lasts 25 hours, but seriously there's no foundation that will ever last that long. After using it for about 2 months, the smell gave me a headache. Also, remember to use powder, it melted off my face one time because it was 95 degrees outside and I forgot to apply powder /: I wouldn't recommend this for summer time. Also, the majority of the shades are beige/neutral toned. I won't be repurchasing this again until there is a yellow toned shade that matches my skin.

on 9/4/2011 1:06:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I love this foundation. I have this in the color Nude and I'm NC30 or NC 30ish. Its very smooth and has great staying power. It doesn't feel heavy and doesn't change color or get patchy. It's medium coverage but can easily be full. All long lasting foundations look dry on me at first but since I have oily skin, this softens to a very nice, soft finish. Just a little bit is needed and blends nicely. I actually prefer this to EL DW because it isn't cakey. I could never get DW to look good all the time no matter how little I used and it was totally visible. Lasting is smooth and has great staying power. Holds up in heat...totally stays put! I think I prefer this to Colorstay too. Can't beat the price!!! One of my favorites!!!

EDIT: I compare this to Lancome Teint Idole. This has great lasting power and looks fabulous. I use this more than my Dior, EL, Laura Mercier and Lancome.

on 9/2/2011 8:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

When i first purchased this product i noticed the not so very pretty bottle. It just had a red top and a giant 25 hour logo thing that caught my eye. Anyway moving on, it was fairly cheap about £8/9... which fairly good compared to MAC or Estee Lauder. So anyways, it was march 2011 when i began wearing this foundation, the sun was out and shining and the weather was beautiful. The very first thing i noticed about this foundation was the fact it was very oily... hardly any oil goes in to making this foundation. It was almost like painting my face in paint that was left out for ages.. so it didnt glide very well across my skin! The fact that its not oily/slidy means you need that little bit more for full face coverage however this foundation will last longer on those hot humid summer days!! Overall, i do like this foundation its good just not brilliant because i prefer a more slidy foundation rather than a dryish one! x

on 9/1/2011 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I really like this product because it matched my skin tone and is full coverage. idk what people mean by not waterproof I actually have to try to get this off my face. For 7 dollars you can't go wrong.. I mean it's not amazing like an expensive foundation, but it's pretty good for what you pay for.

on 8/31/2011 6:44:00 PM

I'm impressed by this foundation! I expected to be sheer coverage but it is absolutely full coverage! I would say this is better than Revlon color-stay which is a surprise to me! I am a huge fan of Revlon Color-Stay because it is a full coverage foundation. But I'm always struggling with the glass bottle cause I have a tendency to waste product. But this is controlled because it is a squeeze tube. And though they don't have a wide range of colors, meaning all you dark skinned ladies will probably have a hard time finding your shade, I was sort of limited to the color selection. But I found myself going towards 200 soft beige. I have been wearing this for at least a week and I know that's not enough time but I'm already sold. Also this foundation is a whole lot cheaper then Revlon Color-Stay. I paid 8 bucks but it ranges from 5-8 depending if their is a sale and also the place your live in. I will definitely buy this again! MY HG FOUNDATION!!!!!!!!!

on 8/31/2011 10:11:00 AM

I hate and love this product. Please continue reading if you breakout or have oily skin. when i first bough this product I L.O.V.E.D it. I got complements from my collegues and friends. after some time though i started noticing that i was breaking out more than usual. For people who have oily skin its going to make you MORE oily. for people like me that have combination skin it still made me really oily and gluggy.
YOU know you have makeup on with this product its not light at all.

Sooo i stopped using it and moved to mineral makeup (best decision of my life)
anyway, I think everyone should try and and see for themselves it may work for you?.. everyone's skin is different. I hope this helped xx :)

on 8/29/2011 12:41:00 PM

so far so good with this foundation :) i just got it today, so this is more of a first impressions review :)

i am shade 103 which i believe is true ivory. i am nw20, but this is a little light, and a little to pink, so i think im going to get the next shade up. the application of this foundation is nice. i put a dime sized amount on my flat foundation brush, and put it in streaks across my face, then blend it out, and smoothed the lines with my hands.

the true test of this foundation will be if it doesnt break me out, or clog my pores, and if it lasts! as a highschool student, it is important for foundations to last through the day, because i dont have time to touch up my makeup often.

i will report back after i use this foundation for a bit, and let you know how it works for me!