September 23, 2014 | 905 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2011 12:19:00 AM More reviews by RNkids

Color 200 soft beige excellent choice for medium light skin. I use a foundation brush [Target] for even application. Feel is lightweight; moderately hydrating; lasts until I remove it. I blot the T zone area once in the day. I use Dior Forever and tried this Rimmel and was surprised by the cost difference b/c the feel/texture/wear was very similar for me. Squeeze tube is preferred for sanitation purposes.I would definitely by this again!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2011 7:44:00 PM More reviews by KT25

I would say I like this product. I'm asian with combination oily, light/med skin tone, and I got the shade 200, and it a tiny bit light for me but after powder set and contour it look fine. I think I will go get another one in shade 201 just to see if it perfect.
This does not give you a matte finish. It's in between dewy n matte I think, which I like. Does not give a mask like like Revlon color stay does.
Color selection is limited from Light to Tan skin only. So it a downfall there.
Staying power I say almost 10hr but no more.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2011 6:16:00 PM More reviews by sarahlen

Pro's
- long lasting (definitely not 25hrs that is ridiculous but much longer than most foundations)
- great coverage - this is definitely a fuller coverage foundation
-nice tone - these are definitely warmer foundations where i find that most drugstore foundations are cool and ashy
- doesn't clog pores or lead to breakouts
- is reasonably priced

cons
- colour selection - i bought the lightest colour and it is no where near light enough for my skin and I'm not incredibly pale I'm just fairish! (BE fairly light is perfect on me)
- no kind of luminosity or light reflection - too matte in my opinion
- hard to only get a little bit out of the tube always pours out

overall this is great except i wish it came in a lighter colour , i now mix this with foundation that is too light for me to get it to match

UPDATE: way way to dark and also feels very heavy and goopy/sticky and takes way to long to dry , Estee lauder DW way better

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2011 2:01:00 PM More reviews by danimari

this is my fav foundation right now. it gives great coverage, i find that applying with my fingers is the best way. the price is also great i think i paid 7.99cnd. i dont mind the packaging, the tube is better than other foundations that come in bottles with no pump. great buy, definetly will repurchase

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2011 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I just got this but the color's off on me. It matched perfectly in the store but in sunlight it's slightly a tan-pink (if that makes sense). I'm just so sad that drug store foundations are either pink or orange. I have yellow undertones and everything looks so wrong on me. The only brand, I've discovered, that doesn't do this as bad is CoverGirl.

1/22/12 Update: Did they reformulate this? It seems thinner, yet the coverage is better, and the colors are more natural. I re-bought this in 100 and it matches my skin to a T. Typically with foundations my face is pink and my neck is a pale yellow. This did not do that. Of course I had to use concealer with this but I was looking for a light weight and light coverage foundations (just wanted to cover up redness & some large pores). This did better than I expected. I work it to work twice and it did not transfer onto a white coat I was wearing nor did it melt off. The only time it did come off was when I was sweating and I went to pat my face with a tissue (still barely any came off). This lasted all day and left me looking fabulous by the end of it. I almost looked as good as when I first applied this. Also this is a hard product to get to look cakey! Most, if not all, drugstore foundations cake on me and this didn't. You really have to layer it on to get it to do that. Over all I'd truly recommend this to women who are at least an NC/NW20 or darker. Lighter than that and this make-up will be too dark. If Rimmel could come out with lighter colors to this foundation, then I'd say it could be a HG item for all.

2/29/12 update: I have since stopped using this. I kept it a 3 'cause I know others could use this as it is nice but doesn't work for me. I am very acne prone and I started breaking out. Not only that but the color was a bit darker and in the pink range. I think I look stupid with make-up that doesn't match. I've since moved on to other foundations.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2011 2:56:00 AM More reviews by sweetshiningstar

I'm sure that this product does work for others. However, this product is NOT "lasting" on my skin.

Most drug store foundations I have problems with in areas of coverage, finish, and in finding a good color match. I don't blame companies for these products.

However, as soon as I put on Rimmel's Lasting Finish foundation, I could see that it did not blend well on my nose. When I first applied it, it did not seem to blend well with my skin at all. I did wear this foundation out, because though it initially doesn't blend well (sort of streaky, even with fingers), it does give a full coverage finish after you figure out how to apply it.

The downfall is that this is the first foundation I can actually say "sits on top of my skin." It rubbed off of my nose before 4 hours, and I had to run home in the middle of my dinner break from work and take it off and put something else on. I could see cracks in my foundation next to my nose and on my forehead between my eyebrows.

I know others love this foundation, but it just does not work with my skin (with and without a primer).

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2011 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Saraelyse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

the cold weather has been making my skin quite dry and flaky in my t-zone, despite the fact that it is still oily. I find that this foundation doesn't accentuate the dry spots on my skin, which helps it appear smoother. i usually use Revlon color stay, but it tends to make my skin more matte and accentuate dry spots (which i don't normally have). I think this foundation is a bit oily and i do appear shiny after a few hours, but its worth it since my skin doesn't appear flaky while wearing this foundation. its quite affordable as well

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2010 9:22:00 PM More reviews by kims3142

I bought this in 2 shades, fist one was in 200 Soft Beige which was too light ( I am NC 30/35 & very yellow) and then I bought this in 202 Nude which is much better. Still a bit more pink, but more yellow than 200.

I love that this is in a tube, although it squishes out a lot with even the slightest pressure. The coverage is a little less than medium on me. If you apply too much, it can get very chalky looking so I do not recommend trying to layer too much on.

I have extremely oily skin, this does last better than regular foundations, but not as long as Revlon CS, but better than EL DW. DW has a weird waxy look after I wear for a few hours, I look like I have plastic skin, but this still looks pretty natural after 7 or 8 hours. No, it does not stay on for 25 hours, but about 10 hours before it starts to look really bad.

That's still really good in my opinion and it does wear amazingly well on my less oily parts like my cheeks, it is very transfer resistant which I love.

This for me looks best applied with a damp sponge or a buffing brush. I use blotting papers and blot less than I would with other foundations. A great find for $7, this kicks EL DW's ass.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2010 7:23:00 PM More reviews by catherinemariie

I wasn't sure what to make of this product when I first bought it. It felt heavier and richer than my Revlon Colorstay or Neutrogena Healthy Skin, and when I started to apply it it streaked in a way that neither of those two did. It wasn't necessarily bad, but it took some getting used to.

Fast forward to the first day I wore it to school: I stippled and buffed with a flat top brush, and then powdered and continued with my normal routine. I loved the finish as I walked confidently out of my bedroom that morning, though perhaps I neglect to mention that my bedroom (where I do my makeup) has truly terrible lighting.

When I got in my car, I noticed a dark orange smudge on my hand. I realized, with an increasing level of panicked horror, that:
a) That smudge was from this foundation.
b) The same dark orange color was covering my entire face.

Now this was surprising, because I am pale but not awfully so; NC20, shade Buff in CS, and I had selected the lightest shade in Lasting Finish: 100 Ivory. And yet, it was terribly dark. I spent the day hoping no one would notice that my face was a different color than my neck.

I let it sit, alone and friendless, on my vanity for a week or so before I picked it up again (I hate to give up on a new product). I stippled, but I brought the color down my neck and used less of it. It was serviceable; as a matter of fact I would say it looked rather nice. I've been doing this routine for the past week or so.

Here's what I really love about this foundation, that made me not want to give up on it: no flakiness. I have pretty dry skin, especially in the winter. CS flakes off terribly on my skin by the end of the day, but this stayed fairly moisturized—if anything it made my skin look OILY (which is pretty much unprecedented for me). However, a little blotting takes care of the oil and otherwise it looks pretty nice.

I would not recommend this for people with oily skin, or exceptionally light skin, or for summer wear; however, this foundation seems to be serving me well and I intend to use it until it runs out. Whether I'll repurchase remains to be seen, but right now I can enthusiastically say I will.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2010 4:54:00 AM More reviews by drunkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

it is such a nice product, especially for the price. i have dry skin and in the winter, my skin is often red and harden and starts peeling around my nose and my forehead. this foundation offers a dewy moist look. it really blends beautifully without streak marks, which impressed me a lot. the finish looks a lot alike to the MUFE HD, only a bit more moist, which i perosnaly like. it looks as natural as the HD foundation. the texture is kind of thick and waxy, watch out the spilling when you open it. the texture reminds me of estee lauder double wear light, only a bit more thick. staying power, on me, in winter, is the only con. it might be totally subjective as everyone's skin is different, but i found that as it is so moist and tacky, it doesnt dry, so it does transfer.today after i finish my face(foundation +YSL) powder, when i curled my lashes, the lash curler came in contack with inner corner of my eye(inadvoidably, right?) then it leaves a mark there, sometimes when i touched my nose, it also leaves a mark. so this might be the only downside. i would definately repurchase as i think it compares to a lot of high end foundations i have. for reference, i use revlon colorstay Buff, Guerlain foundations in Pale beige, Chanel Prolumiere 20 claire(a tad dark for me),MAFE HD 117.and i got 100 ivory in this foundation, a very close to perfect a match.
EDIT: i dont reach for it often anymore. reasons are it is thick and patchy. i found that in some lighting, it looks very greasy. didnt like that look. i might not repurchase anymore. it is not decisive yet. certainly i wouldnt pay more than 6 bucks for this. it is okey and everything but if i were to purchase a drugstore foundation, i would still go to revlon color stay.