Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

3.8

Aqua/Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG, PPG 10, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Talc, Silica Silylate, Sodium PCA, C12 15 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Stearate, Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Acrylates, C12 22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Bis PEG, PPG 14, 14 Dimethicone, Laureth 7, Lecithin, Tribehenin, Amodimethicone, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Trihydroxystearin, Dimethiconol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Parfum (Fragrance), Xanthan Gum, Propylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Carbonate, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Laureth 4, Sodium Sulfate, BHT, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methlyproprional, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Geranoil, Alpha Isomethyl, Ionone, Citronellol, May Contain (+/-):, Titanium Dioxide Cl 77891, Iron Oxides ( CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) (Feburary 2015, glass bottle with red cap ingredients) - titanium dioxide, octinoxate, water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, cetylpeg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, talc, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium pca, silica silylate, C12 15 Alkyl ethylhexanoate, magnesium sulfate, zinc stearate, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, acrylates/C12-22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, BisPEG/PPG-14/14 dimethicone, amodimethicone, laureth 7, lecithin, tribehenin, disteardimonium hectorite, phenoxyethanol, trihydroxystearin, chlorphenesin, dimethiconol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, xanthan gum, fragrance, pentylene glycol, tocopheryl acetate, propylene carbonate, hydroxyethyl cellulose, glycerin, citric acid, fructose, sodium hydroxide, urea, laureth-4, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, butylphenyl methlyproprional, allantoin, maltose, sodium chloride, sodium lactate, sodium sulfate, trehalose, benzyl salicylate, linalool, geraniol, bht, citronellol, alpha-isomethyl ionone, glucose, sodium hyaluronate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, iron oxides

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product for some reason. its not oily or cakey if you put too much. I would say this product is a medium coverage foundation. buffs out really well and I have not had any kinds of breakouts.

I love the packaging because I can get a lot of the product out and not have to waste product like I would have if it was in a bottle.

on 7/31/2011 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is a great foundation, I mix this with my Revlon Colorstay and get a great lasting finish on my face. I haven't tested it for wearing on a super long day, but the time I have had it on has been this past hot summer and few times while I was cleaning my horse stalls, and it lasted! Pretty great, and even better is the price! Will repurchase again.

on 7/31/2011 4:16:00 PM

This really lasted on a hot day even enduring rapid temperature changes.

Thanks to MUA, I tried this for the first time and will definitely keep buying. First day I tried it was a grueling test but it passed the test brilliantly.

I was in and out doing errands on a sunny, humid, 92 degree afternoon. Temperature change was drastic as I went from air conditioned stores, walked to car, sat in very hot car for a few minutes until a/c blasted cold air on me.

It also went on easily and is a good match for my fair Scandinavian complexion.

on 7/30/2011 11:28:00 PM

I go between this and Maybelline Dream Foundation. I work in a Subway, there are always two ovens going at all time and the cheap owners don't like to run the air in Florida summer heat. It lasts my whole shifts. I get so many compliments about how smooth my skin looks. It even lasted twelve hours in 104 weather at Disney in July heat. I say that beats every foundation I have ever tried! :) I wear 300 Sand. :) I apply with a E.L.F flat powder brush for full coverage.

on 7/30/2011 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was recommended this foundation by an Ulta employee who swore by it as her go to foundation in between her name brand foundation purchases for a long wearing foundation. She had normal to dry skin.... I should have known better. Besides the cheap packaging it did give decent coverage and was relatively easy to apply. However I noticed a whitish color streaking through as I applied it...almost like those foundations that come out white and "adjust to your shade" which faded after it dried a little. Since I have such oily skin, I can't confirm whether or not it was long lasting because within an hour I was beyond greasy and so shiny that I washed it off. Prob better suited for dry to normal skin. Noticing the great reviews from people who have more mature skin and typical dryer skin, this may work if you fit into that category. But oily skin consumers, beware.

on 7/30/2011 3:02:00 AM

This foundation gives full coverage yet it looks natural.

on 7/29/2011 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Normally I'm not a big foundation girl (I prefer my Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer), but after trying this out at a friend's house, I ran to the drugstore the next day to pick it up. At first glance, Ivory, the lightest color of the bunch, looks very dark, especially for someone like me who has extremely pale skin. However, I found the formula to go on smoothy and blend easily, giving a medium coverage finish while still feeling like I was wearing nothing. I would consider this foundation to be more of a foundation/tinted moisturizer hybrid. The other nice perk about this foundation is that the package is actually telling the truth when it says that it lasts for 25 hours (I haven't actually tested it for 25 hours, but it does stay on all day). While the limited color selection may not be ideal for every skin tone, this foundation blends out flawlessly, and I just use my fingers to apply it. At only $7 or $8, this foundation is definitely worth a buy.

on 7/28/2011 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I picked this up instead of my usual L'Oreal Infallible foundation. At CVS, Infallible was around $16 and this was around $7, so I figured I'd try it.
For a drugstore foundation, I found this to be extremely long-wearing. More so than Infallible. This stuff really stays on! However, there are a few problems with it. For one, the color selection I found to be rather limited. The lightest shade, called Ivory I think, was a tad to dark for me :( although, this foundation is very thick and kind of hard to apply. It will give you good coverage, for sure, but at the same time it can look unatural or overdone.
However, because its fairly cheap, I'd recommend trying it out! Even when I don't use it all over, I still can spot apply it on blemishes that are hard to cover. I don't know if I will repurchase as soon as I run out, but I might keep a bottle around!

on 7/25/2011 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love this foundation. I actually switched from Armani Luminous Silk to this and I'm so glad I did. (I thought Armani might be causing breakouts so I was looking for a cheap alternative to see if my skin cleared up and sure enough it did). The coverage is adjustable - I apply less to my fingers or more depending, but either way it does a fantastic job covering redness and they have some nice yellow-based shades. I get the best application by applying with my fingers and then using a tissue to 'press' the foundation into my skin - that may help some people who think that it gets a little cakey.

I would never leave foundation on for 25 hours. That being said, this is my HG foundation. I keep attempting to try high end foundations thinking that I will find something better and I end up returning them and coming back to this. I LOVE the fact that there is no sunscreen in this, great for photos or a night out. No breakouts or skin irritation and covers redness well.

Color selection is limited but I think I've found a good match with True Ivory 100, which isn't exactly ivory at all. I'm around NC 20/25 and this seems to blend well with my skin tone. I exfoliate and use a primer or serum before applying and have the best results with a damp sponge or fingers. I don't wear foundation everyday, but this seems to be adjustable enough for full coverage night out looks or natural looking daytime makeup.

PROS:
satin matte finish, looks natural not shiny/luminious/overly matte
cheap, easy to find
comes in a tube
provides medium coverage but can easily build up to full coverage without looking cakey.
compared to Colorstay,it doesn't set/dry as fast so you have more time to blend or add more coverage.

CONS:
limited colour range
may not be matte enough for people with oily skin