October 21, 2014 | 1215 users online

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2003 10:08:00 PM More reviews by glamourdoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My HG mascara is Lancome Definicils, which to me represents absolute mascara perfection. I decided to give this CG mascara a try for 2 reasons: 1) the mall was closed and 2) a student of mine who worked at a nearby cosmetic manufacturing facility (45 minutes away) swore to me that this CG formula is *identical* to Lancome Definicils. The formulas smell the same and wear alike--the key difference here is the brush. The CG brush is bigger, rounder, therefore more likely to give you clumps if you aren't careful. The Definicils brush is easier to use--it is so easy to build lash thickness without having to worry about clumping. This CG formula does not flake or smear, and I can actually take a nap in this without fear of racoon-eyes afterwards (just like Definicils). Before I give up my Definicils altogether I plan on doing a parallel test with CG on one eye and Definicils on the other. For right now, I think the formulas are pretty close but that the CG brush leaves much to be desired. In fact I dislike the brush so much that I gave the packaging quality a 1! This is worth trying out, but be really patient with the wand.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2003 2:30:00 AM More reviews by Merritt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this! I usually use Lancome mascara and my mom gave me this to try. It's my new fav! I am sort of a make up snob so I didn't think I would like this but it REALLY thickens your lashes and doesn't flake off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2003 7:40:00 PM More reviews by chaoz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used to be quite devoted to Lancome's mascaras... particularly Amplicils and Magnificils... but my wallet is groaning at the big bucks I plunk down to replace these things frequently... I have tried almost every brand of mascaras in Drugstores just to try to replace the Lancome ones... but after ALL the experiences... some alright... some just downright horrid... Cover Girl's Super Thick Lash is what I stick with now... love how it works just as well as the lancome ones... volumizes and fattens my thin lashes but also helps to retain the curl... GREAT product sold in drugstores... thumbs way up!!! :D

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2003 6:23:00 PM More reviews by GemS

I tried this mascara a long time ago, but for some reason I wasn't too impressed with it so I never repurchased. I decided to give this another try after reading many raves about this. This time it's a keeper! I have tried tons of mascaras in search of one that doesn't smudge on my super oily eyelids. I also want a dramatic mascara to pump up my Asian lashes. Super Thick Lash really is smudgeproof without being waterproof! It also thickens pretty well, although I prefer an even more dramatic look. It's also a lot cheaper than other mascaras, especially if you get this on sale (got mine for $4.89 CAD). I took off a lipstick because it flakes a little bit and weighs down my curled lashes. The packaging is also rather plain. Overall, I would buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2003 11:12:00 PM More reviews by christinax1687

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i love this mascara, at first i didn't think it would work too good since it wasn't that expensive and the outside tube wasn't very inviting but i must say it is my favorite mascara sooo far!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2003 10:12:00 AM More reviews by anna70

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

One of my favorite mascaras. It gives long, thick, full, gorgeous lashes. It is quite inexpensive as well. My only complaint is that you do need to wipe the excess off the wand before applying to your lashes to avoid clumping. That is why I gave it four lipsticks instead of five. Otherwise, it is great and I will definately be repurchasing this one again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2003 9:28:00 AM More reviews by ErinK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Not bad. I have mixed feelings about this, but the more I use it, the more I think it's pretty good. It is a little on the dry side, potentially flaky if that is a problem for you. I did find it undid curl a bit too. But if I warm the curler and do a careful job curling and applying this mascara, I get a look I'm very happy with. Will use it up but will not repurchase, because there are several low-end mascaras I like as much or better.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2003 1:27:00 AM More reviews by lorien

One of the best mascara out there! When I got it for $2.50, I didn't expect much. But, hey, it made my poor short Asian lashes look full and long. It works as well as Lancome Definicil, plus it doesn't smudge!!! As 99% of mascaras smudge on my lids, so it's incredible. I admit I'm addicted, lol.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2003 10:39:00 PM More reviews by ihatespumoni

This is probably the best mascara in the Cover Girl Line. It is comparable to L'Oreal Voluminous, or the discontinued Olay Beauty Mascara. It's a thick-textured mascara that does thicken lashes quite a bit. Not too clumpy and not too flaky. I'd buy it again if it were on sale. Overall it's pretty good.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2003 7:42:00 PM More reviews by bostonchick83

I thought that thid mascara, for the price worked great. It makes my lashes look super long and thick, and does not flake off by the end of the day. I really dont have a favorite mascara that i use--i just buy wahtever is cheap when i need more, but this is definitly one of the better ones i have tried