Maybelline SuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version

3.5

Aqua/Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Isododecane, Dimethicone, C30 45 Alkyl Dimethylsilyl Propylsilsequioxane, Glycerin, Silica, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin 3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Nylon 12, Phenoxyethanol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Paraffin, May Contain ( /-): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides)

on 10/25/2009 9:37:00 PM

I bought this when CVS had a BOGO. I bought one for my Mom and one for me. Well I got the lightest shdae and it was still too dk. Other than the shade I really liked it . It had a good consistency better than the Revlon Colorstay, but since the coloring is too Dk. I will have to stick with Colorstay. Of course pkg. is not the greatest. It does not come with a pump. If they would come out with lighter shades I would defintely repurchase. But if you can find a color match in this , I would defintely try it.

on 10/25/2009 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

So I saw all the reviews on MUA and after watching most of the reviews on youtube I decided to go out and try this foundation. Before I had been using the maybelline dream liquid mousse airbrush finish and I was OK with that but when I bought this product and tried it I WAS BLOWN AWAY! I mean I'm of the African-Canadian persuasion and my skin has a golden yellow undertone so I bought this foundation in caramel. Well I tried it and it MATCHED MY FACE PERFECTLY! NOT ONLY THAT, but i have A LOT of acne scarring and I found that I only had to put A LITTLE BIT on my problem areas, which is mostly my cheeks and it basically COVERED my marks up! I am so excited!!! The only down side is that it doesn't have a pump which is pretty annoying. But for amazing coverage and at a relatively cheap price I say it's worth it and I'll ignore the packaging; I'll probably reuse an old bottle I have that has a pump. Anyway, overall great foundation especially if you have a lot of hyperpigmentation (dark spots) this is great cuz i know how hard it is to find foundation that is light weight on your face, thats your match and that gives you coverage without making you look like an ashy mask wearing ghost =D But then again this is day one for me I'm gonna test it for transfer and oiliness, so far it seems to transfer a bit nothing I'm not used too, ah well. let you guys know I hope this helps anyone who has similar problems to me, God Bless! =D

Way over due update: So it's now March, which means spring, which then means summer (YAAAYYY!!!!) and I've been using this foundation for months now ( WOOOWW!). I still feel the same way about this thing ! it has great coverage over all on its own and it doesn't make me look ashy or grey like stupid dream liquid mousse , or break me out! I also don't mind the packaging so much because like I've said before I've chosen to ignore it which means now I'm used to it. The only things that bother me now unfortunately is that it can look a bit too orange on me now. Also say i want to blend it out more I can't because it dries out too quickly also I find that after like 3hrs it fades out into my pores and makes them look huge. But those are the only draw backs, I still love this product for now until I find something better! Im still on the hunt for my HG foundation : (, it never ends!! GOD BLESS!!

P.S: I noticed that my skin looks flawless when I use the dream matte mousse as a concealer, and that it stays on a bit longer, so maybe it might work better with a primer, I don't know I haven't tried it yet!

on 10/24/2009 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I went out and bought this as soon as I heard about it. I have come to love Revlon Colorstay, and I was hoping this might be comparable or even better. Unfortunately, Maybelline foundations are always too dark for me. For reference, I have to mix MAC Face and Body in the lightest flesh tone, C1, with White to achieve a match. Even NC 15 is too dark in some formulas. Revlon Colorstay in 110 Ivory is perfect for me. I bought the lightest two shades of SuperStay. Both were too dark. I could tell immediately when I compared them to my bottle of Colorstay. Way too dark. I tried them anyway, and, yeah, couldn't blend them in with my skin tone. Sorry I can't say more for this product, but you can't wear a full coverage foundation that doesn't match your skin tone. Oh, and as always, liquid foundations in bottles need pumps, and this has none.

on 10/22/2009 1:36:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I bought this at my target on clearance with the concealer for like 6 bucks it was the last one so I grabbed it and ran. I had been wanting to try it out but I am cheap and didnt want to spend the money and not like it. I love the texture, it's silky going on and feels light, I hate feeling like I have a mask on. Only problem I have is since it was the last one, it's not quite my color, I got the nude one and the light concealer the concealer is too light, maybe more for my lighter winter skin, but I still have a summer tan and the foundation is just a hair to light I am normally on the low end of the medium color scale in maybelline products, 2-ish, and this is the darkest color on the light scale so it's not too bad, I mix a bit of my darker maybelline mineral foundation with it and it works well, again maybe when my skin loses it's tan I wont have to mix. Overall I like the product though and will probably buy again.

on 10/19/2009 6:59:00 PM

I have been using this foundation for about a week. So far I love it. Previously I was using CG whipped trublend and decided I would try this. I like it so much better. This has a nice semi-matte finish, matches my super fair skin, and doesn't feel heavy or cakey.

Update: after a few weeks I noticed this isn't a great color match and tends to oxidize and turn orangy. I switched to colorstay combination/oily and I am liking it alot better than this. I will do a review soon. I am downing this to two lippies since it looks good if I am only wearing foundation for a few hours.

I bought this in hopes that it would last throughout my long days at work. Well, it broke me out a bit and doesn't really help w/my oily t-zone...but I dunno...if I just want something cheap to put on for a couple hours this will be what I use (for now...no need in wasting money).

on 10/19/2009 6:41:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I bought this recently, It was too dark & I bought it in the lightest shade. Had to give it to my mom, would not repurchase, obviously.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Months after using this I realized, it was encouraging more oil production on my face, that I would have to blot like more then 10 times a day. The claim "superstay 24hr MU" is a load of crap and all hype, because I would notice mid-day this would slide off my forehead and nose, I would look as if I had just ran a marathon...not appealing at all!
The only thing I loved about this product was that the shade "nude" was the perfect match for me, it is hard for me to find yellow-toned foundations that suit me, so I was disappointed when I had to give this up :(
It will probably work better for people with dry skin...

on 10/18/2009 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like that this foundation feels very light on the skin. It's like I'm not wearing foundation. The coverage is medium and buildable. It does transfer some though which I don't mind much. It doesn't do much for controlling my oily skin so I wouldn't recommend this for those with oily skin. It doesn't seem to make my acne worse which is good. My main issue is that this foundation does oxidize to a peachy-orange color. It's such a shame because if it didn't, it would be a good color match for my yellow-based skin. :( I prefer Revlon colorstay for combo/oily skin even though that's not the best color match either. Revlon wears better for oily skinned gals like me.

on 10/18/2009 8:13:00 PM

This foundation is amazing... I've been using revlon colorstay for a year and it felt like a mask on my face and it was just too heavy. The superstay is great. Its really light and it has great coverage... I have acne prone skin, redness, oily skin, and dry in some areas and this product is just amazing. Its only about 10 dollars and u should just try it. The concealer is great too. I think this is a great great great foundation for school because it does stay on your face. Just try it u won't regret it. Way better than the revlon