September 14, 2014 | 2146 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - SuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2009 6:59:00 PM More reviews by skulskc27

I have been using this foundation for about a week. So far I love it. Previously I was using CG whipped trublend and decided I would try this. I like it so much better. This has a nice semi-matte finish, matches my super fair skin, and doesn't feel heavy or cakey.

Update: after a few weeks I noticed this isn't a great color match and tends to oxidize and turn orangy. I switched to colorstay combination/oily and I am liking it alot better than this. I will do a review soon. I am downing this to two lippies since it looks good if I am only wearing foundation for a few hours.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2009 6:43:00 PM More reviews by tawnyinthepink

I bought this in hopes that it would last throughout my long days at work. Well, it broke me out a bit and doesn't really help w/my oily t-zone...but I dunno...if I just want something cheap to put on for a couple hours this will be what I use (for now...no need in wasting money).

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2009 6:41:00 PM More reviews by Kaytee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this recently, It was too dark & I bought it in the lightest shade. Had to give it to my mom, would not repurchase, obviously.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2009 6:33:00 PM More reviews by lusciouslyna89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Months after using this I realized, it was encouraging more oil production on my face, that I would have to blot like more then 10 times a day. The claim "superstay 24hr MU" is a load of crap and all hype, because I would notice mid-day this would slide off my forehead and nose, I would look as if I had just ran a marathon...not appealing at all!
The only thing I loved about this product was that the shade "nude" was the perfect match for me, it is hard for me to find yellow-toned foundations that suit me, so I was disappointed when I had to give this up :(
It will probably work better for people with dry skin...

rated 2 of 5 on 10/18/2009 11:42:00 PM More reviews by starlit2100

I like that this foundation feels very light on the skin. It's like I'm not wearing foundation. The coverage is medium and buildable. It does transfer some though which I don't mind much. It doesn't do much for controlling my oily skin so I wouldn't recommend this for those with oily skin. It doesn't seem to make my acne worse which is good. My main issue is that this foundation does oxidize to a peachy-orange color. It's such a shame because if it didn't, it would be a good color match for my yellow-based skin. :( I prefer Revlon colorstay for combo/oily skin even though that's not the best color match either. Revlon wears better for oily skinned gals like me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2009 8:13:00 PM More reviews by itsjoyeeeboy

This foundation is amazing... I've been using revlon colorstay for a year and it felt like a mask on my face and it was just too heavy. The superstay is great. Its really light and it has great coverage... I have acne prone skin, redness, oily skin, and dry in some areas and this product is just amazing. Its only about 10 dollars and u should just try it. The concealer is great too. I think this is a great great great foundation for school because it does stay on your face. Just try it u won't regret it. Way better than the revlon

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2009 4:03:00 PM More reviews by flamencovixen

I purchased this foundation a few weeks ago when they were BOGO in Rite Aid.

I'm an NC 20 to 25, neutral to warm undertones. My face is paler than my neck and my neck has a lot more yellow than my face so my goal when buying foundation is always to make sure to match my face to my neck.

It's always been a challenge for me to find a drugstore foundation that works for me...I have yet to find the perfect match and always end up mixing two different shades, which is something that I am willing to do as long as I can get a close enough match and avoid spending $ on high end foundations.

I purchased Sand Beige and Nude to mix. Sand Beige was just too pale on its own but it had enough yellow. I purchased Nude after reading raves on the board. Nude looks like it has peachy-beige undertones but I was hoping that mixing with Sand Beige would work. The results weren't bad but I still wanted a better match. After seeing a swatch of Classic Beige on the board, which showed it to have yellow/brown/olive undertones, I exchanged Nude for Classic Beige.

I have to say that the mix of Sand Beige and Classic Beige looks pretty good. The foundation of the formula is creamy and like a souffle and it does dry to a matte finish (not as matte as Revlon Colorstay). Unlike Revlon Colorstay, you have more time to blend the Maybelline foundation on your skin (I use my MAC 217 brush to apply the foundation).

Unfortunately, this doesn't last all day...my skins starts to get oily after a few hours. Also, these foundations would have been better in a pump bottle because it's hard to get the foundation out of the bottle. I am going to use this foundation in the winter time and then use my Color stay in the summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2009 12:50:00 AM More reviews by Cecilia13Angelina

This lasts all day on me. I love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2009 2:47:00 PM More reviews by vbarger28

I finally tired this 24hr myth, and i have always worn the revlon color stay.

I was EXTREMELY upset about the color selection, with Revlon, I am the pale porcilin, and i can still where the next three shades up without looking like a pumpkin or bein too dark

with the maybelline, i was forced into either the porcilin shade, which was WAAAY too pink and not pale enough, or the sand beige, which i chose to go with but when i put it on it turned my whole face orange, luckily i had my revlon color stay powder as well to put on over it and the color looked better.

they deffinately we not jokin about the stuff not comming off, it really doesn't haha the coverage is pretty light to medium

i prefer the revlon for color and coverage

the bottles are the same though and maybelline doesn't have a smell, if only revlon could make this in 24 hr :(

ill try the procilin though it looked too red and if that don't work im done with this foundation, ive noticed almost all maybelline foundations have orange and yellow undertones and turn me either yellow or orange, and i unfortunately have red undertones so revlon is the best choice...for now...

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2009 5:56:00 AM More reviews by VickiinOregon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best foundations drugstore and high end. Though I will say I have only tried half a dozen high end and almost all drugstore brands. Not perfect but best I can find thus far. This is one of the very few that stays on a bit longer and less oxidation. Gives better coverage than most.

Will use it till I find better but this is the best thus far and I have tried dozens. I despise the container though. Long and skinny, hard to get anything out of it once 20% is used, because its so thick. I like the thickness gives great coverage but better in a shallow container or one with working pump.

By the way, Revlon Colorstay, ALL of them, original and the new mousse one, NONE give much coverage for me and all oxidize within short time. The good reviews for them blow me away, dont get it. All Revlon foundations do this to me, not just Colorstay.