July 29, 2014 | 1998 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - SuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2009 6:33:00 PM More reviews by lusciouslyna89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Months after using this I realized, it was encouraging more oil production on my face, that I would have to blot like more then 10 times a day. The claim "superstay 24hr MU" is a load of crap and all hype, because I would notice mid-day this would slide off my forehead and nose, I would look as if I had just ran a marathon...not appealing at all!
The only thing I loved about this product was that the shade "nude" was the perfect match for me, it is hard for me to find yellow-toned foundations that suit me, so I was disappointed when I had to give this up :(
It will probably work better for people with dry skin...

rated 2 of 5 on 10/18/2009 11:42:00 PM More reviews by starlit2100

I like that this foundation feels very light on the skin. It's like I'm not wearing foundation. The coverage is medium and buildable. It does transfer some though which I don't mind much. It doesn't do much for controlling my oily skin so I wouldn't recommend this for those with oily skin. It doesn't seem to make my acne worse which is good. My main issue is that this foundation does oxidize to a peachy-orange color. It's such a shame because if it didn't, it would be a good color match for my yellow-based skin. :( I prefer Revlon colorstay for combo/oily skin even though that's not the best color match either. Revlon wears better for oily skinned gals like me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2009 8:13:00 PM More reviews by itsjoyeeeboy

This foundation is amazing... I've been using revlon colorstay for a year and it felt like a mask on my face and it was just too heavy. The superstay is great. Its really light and it has great coverage... I have acne prone skin, redness, oily skin, and dry in some areas and this product is just amazing. Its only about 10 dollars and u should just try it. The concealer is great too. I think this is a great great great foundation for school because it does stay on your face. Just try it u won't regret it. Way better than the revlon

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2009 4:03:00 PM More reviews by flamencovixen

I purchased this foundation a few weeks ago when they were BOGO in Rite Aid.

I'm an NC 20 to 25, neutral to warm undertones. My face is paler than my neck and my neck has a lot more yellow than my face so my goal when buying foundation is always to make sure to match my face to my neck.

It's always been a challenge for me to find a drugstore foundation that works for me...I have yet to find the perfect match and always end up mixing two different shades, which is something that I am willing to do as long as I can get a close enough match and avoid spending $ on high end foundations.

I purchased Sand Beige and Nude to mix. Sand Beige was just too pale on its own but it had enough yellow. I purchased Nude after reading raves on the board. Nude looks like it has peachy-beige undertones but I was hoping that mixing with Sand Beige would work. The results weren't bad but I still wanted a better match. After seeing a swatch of Classic Beige on the board, which showed it to have yellow/brown/olive undertones, I exchanged Nude for Classic Beige.

I have to say that the mix of Sand Beige and Classic Beige looks pretty good. The foundation of the formula is creamy and like a souffle and it does dry to a matte finish (not as matte as Revlon Colorstay). Unlike Revlon Colorstay, you have more time to blend the Maybelline foundation on your skin (I use my MAC 217 brush to apply the foundation).

Unfortunately, this doesn't last all day...my skins starts to get oily after a few hours. Also, these foundations would have been better in a pump bottle because it's hard to get the foundation out of the bottle. I am going to use this foundation in the winter time and then use my Color stay in the summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2009 12:50:00 AM More reviews by Cecilia13Angelina

This lasts all day on me. I love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2009 2:47:00 PM More reviews by vbarger28

I finally tired this 24hr myth, and i have always worn the revlon color stay.

I was EXTREMELY upset about the color selection, with Revlon, I am the pale porcilin, and i can still where the next three shades up without looking like a pumpkin or bein too dark

with the maybelline, i was forced into either the porcilin shade, which was WAAAY too pink and not pale enough, or the sand beige, which i chose to go with but when i put it on it turned my whole face orange, luckily i had my revlon color stay powder as well to put on over it and the color looked better.

they deffinately we not jokin about the stuff not comming off, it really doesn't haha the coverage is pretty light to medium

i prefer the revlon for color and coverage

the bottles are the same though and maybelline doesn't have a smell, if only revlon could make this in 24 hr :(

ill try the procilin though it looked too red and if that don't work im done with this foundation, ive noticed almost all maybelline foundations have orange and yellow undertones and turn me either yellow or orange, and i unfortunately have red undertones so revlon is the best choice...for now...

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2009 5:56:00 AM More reviews by VickiinOregon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best foundations drugstore and high end. Though I will say I have only tried half a dozen high end and almost all drugstore brands. Not perfect but best I can find thus far. This is one of the very few that stays on a bit longer and less oxidation. Gives better coverage than most.

Will use it till I find better but this is the best thus far and I have tried dozens. I despise the container though. Long and skinny, hard to get anything out of it once 20% is used, because its so thick. I like the thickness gives great coverage but better in a shallow container or one with working pump.

By the way, Revlon Colorstay, ALL of them, original and the new mousse one, NONE give much coverage for me and all oxidize within short time. The good reviews for them blow me away, dont get it. All Revlon foundations do this to me, not just Colorstay.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2009 2:29:00 PM More reviews by sl40

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this but for a very smooth buildable finish I have to use a damp sponge and make sure I use my Vanicream to moisturize. It has great coverage and it does wear for quite some time. The only problem is that my skin is so sensitive I can only wear foundation for two or three days in a row.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2009 3:52:00 PM More reviews by buttercup16

hhmmmm idk maybe its just me, but this foundation didn't really work for me =/ i bought this in "Nude" because every other shade was either too dark or too light; while i thought this color matched me perfectly, when i looked in the natural light the other day, it made me look orange! did not match me at aall, but it was a BOGO at Walgreens so i bought a lighter shade as well and i guess i could try to mix them.....
The Pros were that it deff lasted a long time and it gave me really really good coverage even though i only used a little bit (i applied it with Mac's stippling brush). It evened out all of the redness and made my blemishes practically disappear.
I would deff recommend this for someone who has oily skin, but this made my dry skin look even more dried out and cakey.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2009 1:40:00 PM More reviews by JessAriel7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I swear by Everday Minerals (Golden Fair Pressed Powder<3), but as the winter is coming my skin tends to get extremely dry, and I wanted a liquid foundation that wouldn't accenuate the dry patches. I am also going to a rap concert at the end of the month and was looking for a foundation that would have excellent staying power. You never know, maybe one of the rappers will pull me up onstage to sing and I'll want my foundation to look good ;]

I bought this after reading the good reviews.

The Pros:
Was perfect for my dry skin - I didn't wash this off at night ( I know, bad me!) to test the staying power...and when I woke up the foundation was mostly intact and my skin felt very mouisturized. Yay!

The staying power is really good, I did experience some fading while testing the whole "24 hour thing"...but while it might not last 24hrs, it will last the day. I'll have to update after wearing it to the concert.

Cons:

The bottle: Agh, I wish they had this in a pump bottle instead, it's pretty hard to get the stuff out of the bottle, plus I feel like a pump is all around more hygenic. Oh well.

The color selection: There are barely any colors, and at most stores I visited the lightest was "Sand Beige" which was noticeably darker than my super pale sunscreen obsessed skin. I finally tracked down a Porcelain Ivory @ Walgreens, but it isn't warm enough for my skin (Sand Beige is more golden, Porcelain Ivory is cooler). It's going to be a pain to get both to come out of the bottle, but if I mix them the color is pretty darn close, so I'm going to try mixing and storing in a pump bottle if I can find one in my closet. =]

Overall good makeup, I will use it on days when I'm feeling exceptionally dry to give my skin a break from the mineral makeup (which can dry out) or when I'm going out for awhile....but Everyday Minerals Golden Fair Pressed Powder is still as close to an HG as I'm going to get and I'll be using that too.

UPDATE: Bumped it down to 3 lippies...While the stayin power is great and the makeup doesn't transfer, the color selection is really way too limited. Even when I mix the two lightest shades, it's not close enough for me (although I'm kind of picky). I'll keep this and pull it out occasionally but won't repurchase.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No