Clarisonic Mia

4.2

Plastic

on 12/30/2011 12:19:00 AM

This is a great product that really "cleans" your face. My face has never felt this clean before so I'm totally loving it! I will say though, that this is no miracle worker for ALL skin types. If you have acne/blackheads/big pores caused by residue/oil build-up, this may do wonders for your skin. However, if you suffer from acne orother skin problem arising from hormones, stress, etc. this will probably do nothing for you. I fall into the first category, which is why I totally love Mia. I had to pay a whopping $170 for the Mia and additional brush heads becuase I live in Korea (which does make me a bit bitter) but overall, a big two thumbs up to this product!

on 12/30/2011 12:10:00 AM

I've had the pink Mia for about a year now. I bought it just after last Christmas because I had a gift card, and I have to say, if I had spent my own money on this I would be upset. I feel like for my skin (combination, somewhat acne prone), it really doesn't do anything that my fingers don't. It's nice, yes. It's convinient, yes. But I haven't noticed an improvement in my skin because of this product. If your on a budget and were thinking about splurging on this product, I would think twice. That being said, I don't dislike the product, but for the price it's not giving me big enough results.

on 12/29/2011 7:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Okay, so I just got this on Christmas (the purple one!) and I've used it once every day, because I heard its not good to use it too much, but I plan on using it twice a day after my skin is more used to it. So far my skin's texture has greatly improved. I used to have really dry skin and I'd use two moisturizers daily (Cetaphil and Neutrogena). I had also been putting 10% benzoyl peroxide on my face every night, but it was dry before I started doing that. Anyway, now I only have to use one moisturizer (Cetaphil) and it goes on so smoothly and sinks in instantly. I use the Clarisonic gentle cleanser that came with it, and I like it. Also, I definitely AM experiencing purging. I used to only get red bumps on my face, and now I am getting small white head pimples. I heard this is normal, and I'm going to keep using it. I will be updating every one or two weeks so I can document any progress.

on 12/28/2011 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I debated on purchasing a Clarisonic for about 2 years. I have pretty "good" skin with no real issues, and I couldn't justify a $150 face brush, even though I am a product whore and I wanted it. I bought the Olay $30 version, used it for a month as a trial, and decided to bite the bullet & just buy the Clarisonic. I bought the Mia2 for $150 at Sephora, which is a newer version of the Mia with 2 speeds and a travel case. So far, I am in *love.* It is a totally different brush than the Olay, which basically rotates and exfoliates. The Mia vibrates with sonic action, similar to the sonicare toothbrushes, or pro jewelry cleaners. Because of this, the cleansing action is entirely different. It cleanses much better and decongests pores. I do find that it provides mild exfoliation as a side bonus. My skin is insanely smooth after each use, but it doesn't feel stripped or exfoliated down. I use mine with Lacura hydrating cleanser ($3 from Aldi). My skin tends to be dry, and the Clarisonic really amplifies whatever cleanser you're using, so I need something really gentle & hydrating to use with this. Philosophy Purity was recommended to me by the Sephora SA, but I tried it and found it too drying/harsh with the Clarisonic. It doesn't feel like much is happening when you're using it, but I was shocked at how smooth my makeup went on and how much better my products absorbed after using the Mia. Again, my skin was pretty nice to begin with, so I was not expecting much, but I can see benefits already from using this brush. I am excited to keep using this and I would definitely repurchase.

on 12/26/2011 11:53:00 PM

I purchased this a month ago and I have used it every day. I really saw no improvements right away, but after a month I can say that I love the effect it has had on my skin. I have extremely fair skin with large pores and dark sebum plugs on my nose and chin. I have always noticed that after cleansing, my pores look smaller with less sebum, but that the look faded after about an hour. Using the Mia2, my pores STAY smaller all day. With no make-up on, my face looks the same at the end of the day as it did right after cleansing. I break out far less, and have fewer lines as well. Overall, I love this product and highly recommend it!

on 12/26/2011 8:28:00 PM

Love, love, love!!! I'm so glad I purchased this finally. I kept going back and forth because it is fairly expensive but then I thought about how easily i'll drop $80 on a facial so I decided to give this a go and cut back on the facials. I can see this saving me a ton of money in the future. My skin is so soft after using the Mia. The SA told me that it would be perfect for my skin and that I didn't need the more expensive one bc it is more for body acne which I don't have. I highly recommend this. Plus, I had a 20% off coupon at Ulta!!

on 12/26/2011 2:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

EDIT: I do like this product, but don't expect miracle results. It has improved my skin a little, but not too too much. I've kept it just because I've gotten used to the clean it gives me, and I kind of like the routine of it. I've had this for a little over a week, and am not overly impressed. Yes, it does make my skin softer and feel super clean, but not much else. I have oily skin, large pores, and some acne scarring. Nothing too crazy, but I'm a perfectionist. My boyfriend bought me this as an early Christmas present, and at first I was expecting miracle results. Truthfully, it does do what it says; it cleans your face very well. I didn't notice much of a difference to my skin, although my sister mentioned that my pores had shrunk a little, but that may be due to my makeup change. I'm going to keep it another month because it is a good product to have (it does clean your face very well), but I can't justify $130 for a clean face. Overall, I'm meh about this product.

on 12/25/2011 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I asked for this for Christmas, and I've gotta say, I was really scared. I've seen a ridiculous number of horrible reviews for this product, from people with similar skin to mine. I was going to wait a while before doing this, but I decided instead to update it as time progresses.

The first time I used the brush, I was a bit disappointed. This brush is made out to seem like a one-minute miracle worker, a fast way to perfect skin. After my first use, my skin was a little softer, but not much. I didn't see a whole lot of difference. I remembered a review I had read that stated that this brush does what it promises and nothing more, and it does. It promises clean skin. My skin definitely feels clean after using this. It promises soft, smooth skin. After three days, my mother already commented on how soft my face was. It promises portability. The day after I got it, I packed it up and brought it from New York to Atlanta, Georgia, then to Florida.

Overall, I think this is a really nice product. It isn't magic, it doesn't turn your skin beautiful overnight, but I think with time, this will be a really useful tool in keeping my skin looking great.

**Edit: Three Years Later**
I recently upgraded to the Mia2 after my original Mia decided to die forever on me. :( Still loving it though. Nothing clears up flaky skin like my Clarisonic.

on 12/23/2011 5:05:00 PM

YAY!!! My Clarisonic Mia arrived in the post yesterday, so I got to use it for the first time this evening after taking off my make up. I got mine from Amazon UK when they were on offer for around 72!!! Bargain - sadly I think they have gone up to the normal 120 on there now, but keep an eye out if you are thinking of getting one as they may have them on offer again.

So after the first use, my face definately felt good - time will tell whether it is any better than the Sisley face brush I have been using for the past year. I am almost certain it will be better!! ha! Buut will keep you posted :)

I am using my Mia with Elemis Tri Enzyme face wash in the morning, and with Elemis Sensitive cleansing face wash in the evening after taking off my makeup.

Let the test for me begin!!!

on 12/23/2011 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I absolutely LOVE my MIA!!!! I have (had) oily skin in some areas such as my checks and nose but am relatively dry around my mouth and normal on my forehead... (I know a hot mess) so you can imagine my skin care regimen has to be strict!!! When I first starting using the MIA I was a little skeptical as I did have two breakouts on my cheeck but it may have been due to my make up so not really sure but what I can say now is that those breakouts are completly gone from my face!!!! I also suffer from post acne scars which have left brown marks on my face... ughhhh... well with the help of the MIA my marks are beginning to fade and I have only been using it for about 3 weeks now... I use it twice a day with my BIORE face cleanser and I use toner and moisturizer after. Ladies and gents even if you have oily skin as I do, please please please do not skip moisturizing!!! It will balance out your skin and reduce the formation of oil!!! Since using the MIA I have seen a significant change in the way my face looks and the tone of it. I have this glow to my face now and I feel confident enough that I dont even wear foundation anymore!!! I would definately tell EVERYONE to get this product. It is a little expensive but so worth the INVESTMENT of clear and beautiful skin!!!

Video Reviews & Tutorials