April 24, 2014 | 910 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2011 2:58:00 AM More reviews by jabugha

I've used the Mia daily for over 6 months now and I love it. My skin is normal to oily in summer and is not sensitive. I can't say if my skin has dramatically improved because of the Mia (for me the change has to be REALLY noticeable) since I started using various new products around the same time as I got my Mia. I do think my skin is better though I still get slight bumps along the forehead. I use it only at night to take off my makeup and I can say the Mia takes off all my makeup perfectly without using a makeup remover first. In that way, it saves me so much time at night, so now even when I feel lazy, I never go to bed without removing my makeup. The Mia helped me get into a good habit of always cleansing my face. If I'm really tired, all I do is use the Mia, no moisturiser after - done in one minute! And it seems to work with just about any cleanser - gel, Cetaphil, cream, oil - I've tried them all.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2011 8:07:00 PM More reviews by uyai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is a great tool for removing makeup, and that's pretty much all I use it for. It leaves my skin feeling so clean and allows my moisturizer to work better after using. In regards to it clearing breakouts and brightening the skin, I haven't really noticed a difference in that. However, it has changed the texture of my skin for the better as it used to feel very lumpy but now it feels a lot smoother. I use it 3 or 4 times a week - any more and my skin gets irritated and starts flaking (I use the sensitive brush head). Very expensive but a worthwhile purchase if you want to make sure your makeup is properly removed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2011 7:51:00 PM More reviews by ari496

i love this. i use it daily. it exfoliates and deep cleans. i use it at night because it makes skin temporarily red. i have had such horrible problems with acne and enlarged pores, but this solved it! it really got deep into my pores. i also use it on my lips for 30 sec to plump them up a little ;) its just a great product that i think everyone should own. there cant possibly be any complaints. nothing compares to this. i recommend it to everyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2011 9:45:00 PM More reviews by randi2515

Don't even know where to start with how great this thing is! Wish I had purchased this years ago! Have been using this for several weeks now and my skin has never looked better. It absorbs moisturizers so much better I can't believe it. I feel like I have perfect skin now. Have been using this with my Purpose cleanser and Walgreen's Alpha Hydrox 8% cream. Love them all. The first few times the Clarisonic may have irritated my skin a bit but no problems since. If you are on the fence about purchasing this, just do it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2011 1:40:00 AM More reviews by kathy427

I love my clarisonic mia so much that I wanted to write a review on it after my first use. This is definitely an investment item, but I don't regret buying it at all. I've had clogged pores for over a year (I didnt do much about the clogged pores, simply b/c I was pregnant and didn't wanna use any chemicals on my skin at that time), after using the clarisonic mia for a month, my pores are now unclogged and my skin never felt so soft. For $149 USD, it really is a very expensive item, but it saves me alot of money in the long run. I no longer need to buy an exfoliator. I no longer need to buy a cleansing product especially for makeup removal (it does a great job in removing makeup too). And I no longer need to buy a toner. I no longer need to use blotting papers and I can now use less powder for setting makeup (there's definitely less oil secretion after using the clarisonic). I no longer use liquid foundation in my makeup routine (because the clarisonic really clears my skin) One other great thing is that my skin care products absorb so much better. I have oily skin, I can now use heavy creams (even in the humid summer temperature) and my skin won't feel greasy.

A fully charged clarisonic lasted me two whole weeks. I use it every night and morning when i have extra time (saturdays and sundays only).

Ladies out there hesitating to buy the clarisonic? Give Mia a try.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2011 10:48:00 PM More reviews by slc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using this daily for 2 years now, and I cannot live without it! Results have continued to get better over time. The Clarisonic really cleans deep and prevents breakouts, and it also massages the skin and seems to improve circulation.
Since my skin is dry, I found it best to use it only at night. Twice a day was too much. I've used both the delicate and sensitive brush heads, but I prefer the sensitive brush now. I think my skin is stronger and in better condition -- not sure if it's from the Clarisonic or the Sothys products I've been using, but I think it's a combination of both.
The Mia is the perfect size for me -- doesn't take up too much space like the big one, and it's easier to travel with. I left this home once while traveling and I regretted it -- my skin started breaking out and looking rough within a few days. This baby goes everywhere with me!
My skin is very different than it was two years ago -- it was dry, rough, and I had to use tons of moisturizer because nothing could penetrate the dry skin. Now it's much more smooth, has a glow, and I don't need as much moisturizer to do the job. I think the combination of the Clarisonic and the right products can make a huge difference. I highly recommend this -- it is worth every penny. I got it on sale at lovelyskin.com and I've had it for 2 years and it's still going strong.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2011 10:29:00 PM More reviews by KatieLynn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Gosh I love this thing. I bought it last November during Sephora's F&F sale, and after using it for 9 months I am still very happy with my purchase. I'm glad I went with the Mia instead of the more expensive models, I can't imagine the other models doing more/better than the Mia. I have sensitive normal-to-dry skin. I'm not terribly breakout prone, but I do get a pimple out of the blue from time to time. This isn't a miracle product, but it does make the texture of my skin so much nicer. It exfoliates in ways other products just can't. My skin is very smooth, and I truly think my treatments absorb better because of it. Had the Olay version been out when I was shopping for a Clarisonic, I may have purchased the knock-off, but as it is I am incredibly happy with my Mia.
Edit 10-26-11: I've recently switched from the sensitive head to the regular head, and the results are much better. Good enough to bump it up to 5 lipsticks for me! The sensitive head is very, very gentle and was probably a good place to start, but I like the bit of extra exfoliation the regular/normal head provides.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2011 2:27:00 AM More reviews by digxmexnow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I was hesitant about buying a Clarisonic tool at first because of the high price tag, but it ended up being a great investment and within the first day of using it I could feel a difference in my skin.

I have been using the tool for over a month now and here are the benefits I've seen in my skin:

-Much, much smoother texture
-Clearer skin (I am very acne-prone)
-Much less milia on my forehead and nose area (completely clear when hormones permit)
-Smoothed out my more problematic areas of my face.
-Gentle exfoliation = no dry spots
-Pores appear much smaller (though I never had an issue before)
-I require a lot less foundation (and primer) and the product goes on more smoothly and easily. Coverage even seems better. Big plus since I tend to use a lot of expensive long-wear foundation.
-More even skin tone and acne spots fade more quickly
-Completely cleared the small breakouts I would get on my chest
-Completely removes my long-wear make-up

Aside the benefits for my skin, I like the device itself. It's portable, totally waterproof, easy to use, cordless and rechargeable, lightweight, has a great shape for holding, and has withstood a few drops in the shower.

I'm glad I invested in this little Godsend.

(Side note: I hear Olay released a worthy competitor for a fifth of the price. I am curious about it)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2011 11:13:00 PM More reviews by aeriekah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this cleanser tool. After using the clarisonic, my face feels cleaner and smoother. I have the mia version. The only downside to this is that it shuts off after I believe a minute and I like to use it for about 1.5 minutes but its not a really big deal. I just press the button again. Charging the unit does take a while but using it twice a day, one charge last me about a week.

It doesnt have an effect on my acne but I just love the fact that I know its cleaning my face better than my hands can. I did not recall experiencing a purge of acne after using this.

I bought this unit for about 110-20 dollars and it is quite expensive for a cleansing unit but I think its worth it. If you think about it, sonic toothbrushes clean your teeth better than manual brushes so I have no doubt it cleanses my face better.

I have dropped it in the shower (a good two feet) a handful of times and it is still working like a charm.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2011 11:23:00 AM More reviews by welfaresteak

After getting a facial and reading the reviews on here, I decided to buy the Mia. I had researched the knockoff brands for $30, but most of the reviews said things that while it worked great, they often weren't waterproof and/or dont expect it to last years like the Mia. My beautician who works at Sephora told me just to buy it there, try it out, and then return it if I don't like it. I bought it for $160 something with tax. Within the first time of using it my skin was smooth and soft. I ended up finding it for $115 on Ebay, so I returned it at Sephora.

While I dont think this is an acne cure, it definitely has helped me with the dry spots on my face, as well as the oily spots. It also really is great to use before I apply moisturizer and foundation because it smooths out my skin. So $115 is a lot for this product especially for someone like me, but it was worth every penny.