September 30, 2014 | 1628 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2011 8:14:00 PM More reviews by missmegan07

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to love this product. I had saved my grade money up and after being tired of my skin looking bad, I finally splurged. I was so excited to get the skin everyone raved about, but after a few days of using it my skin began to purge. I had never had acne, just little annoying bumps on my face, but when using this I got more than ever! After two weeks, I gave up. A few weeks ago I picked it up again and tried using it. Nothing on my skin has changed, if anything, it's worse. I'm not sure if I'll return it or just keep it and hope that I'm just dealing with teen problems and it will maybe work one day. I'm disappointed in this product, especially with the price tag, but maybe it's not for everyone. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2011 6:54:00 AM More reviews by ybabe

I resisted the Clarisonic for a long time as I assumed it would irritate my sensitive skin. I don't do well with abrasive exfoliants, and I thought the Clarisonic would be similar. I was wrong!

After reading some positive reviews by people with sensitive skin, I decided to try it. My skin has been red and flaky lately and my rosacea has been getting a worse from the stress I've been under. I got the 'delicate' brush just to be absolutely sure the Clarisonic would be as gentle as possible.

After just a couple of uses, the dry flakiness had definitely improved, and I think the rosacea is a little better too. It feels gentle enough to use once a day, and my skin does not feel aggravated or stripped at all. Removes ALL my foundation without a trace! Best of all, I didn't get any of the 'purging' that some people have complained of. No break-outs! I've been using it for about a month now with no problems.

I'm very glad I decided to give this a try! The garnet color is beautiful ;)

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2011 10:37:00 PM More reviews by sweetliz312

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

unfortunately i'm one of the few that this did not work for. my skin turned red and blotchy and i broke out very badly, i know this is part of the "purging" process...but the pimples just kept coming.... i don't wear any foundation on my face period, just moisturizer with sunscreen so i didn't think i had to purge for very long....my face became very irritated and dry, i stopped using this for 3 days and my skin is starting to go back to normal. luckily Bloomingdales has a good return policy... i would say that if you have VERY sensitive skin like i do to try and purchase from a store that is willing to give you your money back. its too expensive to just sit up in your closet.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2011 3:38:00 PM More reviews by hellothere45

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Simply said it's changed my skin forever. I hated the price, but after only about 2 days of use I'll never go back. I get so many compliments on my skin now. My pores are smaller, texture even, skin tone even. It's a miracle product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2011 3:26:00 PM More reviews by BohemianMartini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Update 10/18/12: So I've had this a year. I still love it and it is still working perfectly (knock on wood). Hands down - it is still the best purchase I've made for my face. The expensive brushes are the only downside - but to have my skin look and feel as nice as it does, it's completely worth it. I've found the deep pore brush to be what my skin likes. The sensitive and regular both irritated my skin. I used it more frequently when it was purchased - but I've found 3 times a week to be the perfect frequency for my skin. Other than my hormonal break-outs, this thing has really kept my skin in check. And I've noticed old acne scars fading because of the exfoliation. Still HG. =)

I know this is an amazingly long review (for me the longest to date - but because of the cost and knowing the research most of us go through before committing - I felt it only appropriate. Thanks! =)

HG status for me! I only wish I had learned about this product ten years ago! I had heard about this product in magazines, on various boards and reviews. I, being of sound mind and body, had serious reservations about spending 130 bucks on what could very well end up being a glorified brush that sat in my pile of unused beauty products. I milled over the purchase for a good few months. I happened to mention it in passing to my boss - a super high end lady who knows her products - and she said she swore by it. (Though I'm pretty sure she has the pro - cause that's how this chick rolls.) Well that's all it took for me. I had a couple of returns to make at Sephora, so I took my credit and purchased the Mia. It was meant to be - I mean the returns came out to the penny on my purchase of the Mia - so for me, I considered it a freebie. (Yeah, I know it wasn't really free but it makes me feel better.) I picked up the Mia set that contained some various products (have yet to try them) and the deep pore brush head for $119 in white.

As luck would have it - within 24 hours of my purchase - I came down with the flu. There was no way I was going to try the Mia until I got better. About a week later, when I finally felt better I decided to try her out. My face looked awful. Over the week of being sick, I completely abandoned my normal routine. And my face showed it. I looked like hell warmed over - my mild rosacea was in overdrive from fever - I was dry and oily in all the usual places and broken out. Perfect! I figured if this thing could bring my face back - it must be the real deal. I tried it out in the shower using my TJ's Tea Tree Oil Pure Veggie Soap (all I ever use - all over). I slathered my face, neck and the very top of my chest. (Probably more skin than the Mia was meant for - but like all my stuff - you earn your keep!) It took about three minutes to get everything washed. It did tickle my nose at first, but you get used to it. The brushes don't move - but vibrate. {Am I the only one who thinks Clarisonic should really branch into other businesses considering they already have the technology ;) } I took special care on my cheeks and nose. I could see where it would be easy to go crazy. When I got out of the shower and dried off my face - I noticed all my dry flakes were completely gone. My skin had a softness to it that it's only had when I've used my Embryolisse creme. I was so excited. My face had a healthy glow. I called over my SO to feel my face. He commented on how soft my skin was. Nice! The best part - it didn't aggravate my rosacea at all! I put on my usual cream - Olay Micro-Sculpting - and it sunk in. It didn't just sit on the top of my skin like it normally would.

Over a two week period - I didn't notice a huge purge period. What purging I did have were black heads - on my chin and nose especially . I remember putting my moisturizer on and when I applied it to my chin, feeling two or three sand-like granules in my hand. (From resting the phone on my shoulder/chin when talking to clients on the phone for hours at a time.) I've also noticed that my skin looks noticeably brighter, healthier and much more clear. I suffer from large pores on my nose, and they definitely look smaller than they ever have. My rosacea has all but gone. In all honesty, my skin has never looked better or felt better.

On to the cons - and there are a few. The battery life is supposed to be 20 minutes. It feels more like ten to me. I've never timed it - and I should. Just be prepared to have it on the charger every few days. I was warned by the SA to only charge it when the battery is dead. And the brush heads - be prepared to thoroughly rinse out the brush heads and the unit itself after each use. And do not cap it wet! I did and walked away - came back the next day and I noticed it started to get a funk. I had to thoroughly soak everything in peroxide before using it again. It was fine after but this isn't a no-maintenance product. My routine with it after each use is to take the brush head apart and rinse each piece separately along with the unit and hand drying the pieces and leaving them to air dry on my counter. It takes all of two minutes but still. And as some of the other reviewers have mentioned - if you stop using it for a short period of time - you will notice a change in your skin. My SO and I have been bouncing the flu between us - so I didn't use the Mia for a few days. And I could definitely tell in the texture and look of my skin. My final verdict - I love it! The only thing I'm wondering now is if I should have bitten the bullet and gotten the Plus because I'm so impressed with the Mia! Highly, highly recommend! And like the SA at Sephora said - try it for a month - if you don't like it, bring it back (with a wink and smile).

12 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2011 1:54:00 PM More reviews by emmyboop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I scrimped and saved to purchase my Clarisonic MIA last year and I have to say, it's really not all that. Given the choice again, I would probably save my money and go with the Olay Pro-X cleansing brush. The one thing I don't like is that if I use the brush at night I have to clean my face of make-up first, then use the brush. Otherwise it is just pushing my make up into my pores. So it basically makes my cleansing routine longer. I switched to just using it in the morning. I don't really notice a difference in my skin when I'm using it, although if I stop I do notice my skin is not quite as smooth. Considering the price of the product and the price of the replacement brushes, I'm unimpressed. I will continue using it just because I've already invested in it, but I won't purchase again once it stops working. (And uggh, $25 for a replacement brush, which has to be replaced every 3 months).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2011 8:54:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

**The Mia is officially available in AUSTRALIA!!!!....But only white for now, the coloured Mia's are arriving sometime in December 2011**

Anyways I couldn't wait, so I ended up getting a friend to do a CP from USA and ship it to Australia.
I loved my Pro soo much! But with all the traveling, I really didn't want to take my Pro along with me only because I'm afraid I will damage it or the cradle.
The Mia is currently only $119USD + tax in the USA including shipping, it actually worked out to be a lot cheaper then the $149AUD Clarisonic Australia is demanding here in Australia.

I'm not going to go on about how wonderful the Clarisonic is, obviously love it to death and all the incredible things its done for my skin! ......And partly cause my review for the Pro was like 5000 word essay dedicated to praise the Clarisonic itself, Mia does exactly the same thing... So whatever I write here will technically be a repeat of all that.

The Mia is literally half the size of my Pro, small, efficient, the pLink charger is fantastic for the traveler like me.
Although I love my Pro and still use it more often then my Mia (Mia is only for when I'm away) I found if your not interested in the body function, or the pulsing T-timer, the Mia is perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2011 4:48:00 PM More reviews by centrechic

I got this for my birthday last year and I haven't looked back. I use less cleanser, my face gets cleaner, and my face feels smoother afterwards. If you're on the fence, get this! It's worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2011 3:28:00 PM More reviews by thelonelyraindrop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

While I do feel this is a bit pricy it has so far proved to be worth the splurge.
My skin is absolutely glowing from this!
It leaves my skin looking tightened (in a good way) which is a very good thing for someone like me with unfortunately large pores.
As others have said, it really does allow for better absorption of moisturizers!
I use retin A at night and this seems to have allowed me to use even less than I was, with better results. I know, it sounds too good to be true, but so far I am loving this!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2011 7:46:00 PM More reviews by fly2sky012

I am in love with my Mia! My husband bought this as a birthday present (I know, way to go!), and I am so glad he did! I was wondering if I would end up using it to find absolutely NO difference in my skin and wondering what the rave reviews were all about. Now I am one of those rave reviewers. I've had it for over a month, and it is one of my favorite beauty products. First of all, it removes make up so well, better than any liquid/gel remover or wipe out there. It's not at all harsh on the skin (which I was worried about), although I will say that my skin did seem a bit flushed for the first few days, until I realized you're only supposed to use it once a day. My skin feels so smooth, soft, my pores are smaller, and I think the exfoliation is actually helping with some hyperpigmentation on my cheeks, which is awesome. It comes with a delicate brush head, but they sell a gentle one if you have really sensitive skin. If you end up using a gel cleanser with this like I do, I would recommend putting a small amount on your skin as well as on the brush head mixed with water, and it will help it lather up more. My face wash wasn't lathering at all until I started putting it on both my skin and on the brush head.