August 28, 2014 | 1509 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2008 12:19:00 PM More reviews by hexgrrrl311

I've been using the foam version for a week now and so far I'm happy! It has significantly reduced the amount of oil on my face and the need for blotting throughout the day. My pores seem cleaner (no new breakouts yet) and I actually LIKE the scent of the product. I've been using this AM & PM but am thinking of finding something slightly less drying for night. I have had no problems with severe dryness or flaking while using this, and always follow my cleansing with a hydrating serum. Will update if anything drastic happens!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2008 5:17:00 PM More reviews by dancergurl630

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Its harsh on my skin on its own. But if I use the foam cleanser and add aveenos calming cleanser in foam to it, its perfect :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2008 12:52:00 PM More reviews by roxystarr

This is a good cleanser for clearing blemishes and reducing oil on my oily, sensitive, acne prone skin. However, after using it for several days it does begin to dry my face out really bad.I find the most effective way for me to use this is wash with it first on my breakout areas only, and then wash all over with my Purpose Cleanser. The Purpose helps to balance out the dryness. It does suck to use two cleansers...but when I have a breakout the Purpose alone just isn't enough.So far this is the best combo for my skin. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2008 7:08:00 PM More reviews by JenJenofAz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Broke me out. Didn't like smell. Greasy. Yucky goop!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2008 9:11:00 PM More reviews by hararprincess1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For a person who has used this for the past 10 years then switched to another cleanser this year, i can say this is a very great product that will reduce the pimples you get on your face, the downside being the dryness that will come with it. But you shouldnt use this in the first place if your skin is at all dry. Now for those with oily skins, then i would fully recommend this product for use twice a day along with a benzyl peroxide to clear your face. btw i use acnefree.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2008 7:47:00 PM More reviews by AFtennisbabe04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this product on and off for years. I have acne prone skin and tend to change my face wash frequently always looking for the next best thing. I really want to be able to use a basic cleanser that isnt intended for acne and have tried many but simply cant because I start to break out. To sum this up I have once again came back to this product after another unsuccessful attempt at finding a basic cleanser to use. It cleared up the breakouts that I had developed pretty quick. Still, I do get the occasional pimple so this is by no means a miracle product, it is just the best I have found so far.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2008 9:01:00 PM More reviews by CelesteB

No - I hate this stuff. Too drying and it smells bad. LOL

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2008 3:16:00 PM More reviews by jaqi16

Overdrying. Too foamy/bubbly. Not crazy about the smell. Will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2008 2:39:00 AM More reviews by sat4ngurl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's a basic cleanser... doesn't do much. Gets rid of dirt decently. It smells like soap. It didn't do much for my acne. I used this whenever I needed a quick pick me up

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2008 5:01:00 PM More reviews by bbgreen

sucks on face. irritating..... BUT made a great makeup brush cleaner.