October 20, 2014 | 1981 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2010 9:07:00 AM More reviews by mostlikely

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am super disappointed in this product because I really wanted it to work. I've used it twice and both times it left my thick hair looking extremely dry and lifeless. My hair just looks like it's sitting on my head. Plus, my hair was extremely unreceptive to the curling iron. Best product I've ever tried for my hair is Redken Straight - it gives my hair such a shine and richness in color that ppl ask me if I color my (naturally black) hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2010 1:46:00 AM More reviews by liveforever

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I'm sorry to be the rogue reviewer here once again, but I feel like I have to warn some women out there who may run into the same problem I did. In fact, I've awaken from my MUA slumber just to write a review for this.

I bought this because I have course, dry, THICK hair. I needed something to deflate my hair, keep the wave in tame, and just make my hair look moisturized.

This stuff I liked at first, but then I noticed my hair getting very, VERY dry. I couldn’t figure it out. I never had this reaction with my Kiehls Crème with Silk groom. Today in the shower my hair was breaking off.. No elasticity. That's when I knew this product wasn't for me. I need more nourishment than just plain oil. I need the long list of ingredients that are in Kiehls (I don't know what they all do, but they do something) and little goes a long way.

On top of all this.... this stuff was hella expensive. I recommend you ladies look into this product called 'OROFLUIDO'. It's the same kind of oil, but it seems to have more ingredients than Moroccanoil.

here's a link to it: https://www.beautymark.ca/products.php?product=4218

This sounds more interesting. Good luck.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2010 4:42:00 PM More reviews by CinnamonLee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am on my second bottle of this stuff! It's the perfect thing for my thick wavy hair, it does everything it's supposed to and smells good too. I gave a small bottle of it to my brother and he loves it as well what else can I say? It's awesome.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2010 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Flippinsushi

The only thing I hate is the price. Yea, it's too expensive, and I can tell myself all I want that it's worth it and I only use a little at a time so it lasts, but it still feels ridiculous to pay 15$ for a tiny bottle that looks like a sample.
Anyway, I have repurchased even with the price. This stuff smells wonderful, and it honestly makes my hair sooo soft! Whenever I use it, it makes my hair look really shiny and really reduces any frizz factor. And the best part? It NEVER feels oily or anything like with EVERY other serum I've ever used! Yea... it's really that good! I use it for every special occasion, but I do feel like I need to ration it out a little because of the price. If it were cheaper, I'd probably buy it by the bucketful!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2010 12:28:00 PM More reviews by akatrene

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If I could give this 4.5 I would. I'm not giving it a five simply for the packaging. It's very easy to pour out too much which can leave your hair a little greasy and weighed down. Other than that, I love this stuff. I apply after towel drying my hair then blow dry and straighten. My hair is soft and smooth and healthy looking considering the abuse I put my hair through (blow dry and flat iron at least 5 days a week). I have just above shoulder length hair and the 200 ml bottle that I got December 2008 still has product in (it's now April 2010), almost a quarter of the bottle is left. That's using it every other day for the most part, or whenever I wash my hair. So the initial price is expensive but considering how long it's lasted me, it's peanuts really. I used the John Frieda serum before. Now that stuff is expensive considering how quickly I went through those tiny bottles. I only need a dime size of Morrocan Oil to get through my hair. When I run out (which will probably be another 3 months) I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2010 11:44:00 AM More reviews by beautygirly

Pricely but really good stuff! I think there are no name copies of this stuff for far less. The argon oil in it makes it different from my other hair serums. I received a sample of it from the salon and really love how smooth and shiny it makes my hair look. I put a dime sized amount combed in after a shower while my hair is still wet.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2010 11:17:00 AM More reviews by Coccolina

Here is the deal. My hairstylist severely damaged my hair trying to correct the color. I got the blond I wanted, but paid the price of losing a lot of hair. She suggested I try Moroccan Oil to treat my poor hair, and handed me a sample bottle. I applied a generous amount, and was impressed how fast my hair soaked it up. It did look big deal better after the oil treatment, so I immediately went online and purchased a 3.4 fl oz /100ml size bottle. After using it a few times, I became disappointed.
(1) it does give you an appearance of moisturizing, but in fact it dries the hair. once you use it a few times and then stop applying - check out the difference. my hair was twice as dry as before I started using this product.
(2) as someone already noted, the ingredients are same old chemical crap, except for the tiny bit of Aragan oil, which is not even listed first (meaning, it's not the main ingredient)
(3) it has plenty of yellow and red in it, which sets in your hair. This becomes a problem after repetitive use if you have blonde hair. I don't tolerate any product that gives my blonde a yellow tone.
(4) the price is almost extreme.

Not long ago I purchased a bottle of Coconut Milk anti-breakage serum by Organix. This stuff is 5 times cheaper and gives me way better results compared to Moroccan Oil. It also has more natural ingredients.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2010 10:29:00 AM More reviews by llmalczewski

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

MoroccanOil Luminous Hairspray is the best hairspray I have ever purchased. I have short, colored hair and I want a spray that keeps hair in place, but not like a helmet! I only wash my hair every other day, and I can use it the second day too without the "buildup" that I've gotten with every other spray. It smells great,(same as the oil which I also love) and although it is salon priced, I would pay even more rather than give it up. I forgot to mention the shine it adds. Not too much...perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2010 6:20:00 AM More reviews by Misha40

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this! I'm on my second bottle. I have thick wavy hair, with a normal to oily scalp and dry ends (from highlighting). My hair stylist used it one day before a blowout, and I loved the sheen and softness. Some days I work it through and let my hair air dry. Other days I comb it through and braid my hair while it's wet, and the next day I have soft, frizz-free waves. The key is not using too much initially and then spot applying where needed. I usually race to rinse my hands off after applying product, but I just rub this into my hands and cuticles and go.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/13/2010 9:10:00 AM More reviews by katharinesophia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I decided to try this product because I had heard girls with similar hair to mine RAVE about this stuff. I have a lot of fine straight hair so I have to walk a fine line between controlling fly aways and not weighing my hair down. I applied a very small (pea size) amount to my damp hair and let it air dry, then used a straight iron. And I've got to tell you my hair looked and felt FABULOUS. I was ready to bow down to the hair product gods and forsake all my other products. Silk Therapy? Meh.... CHI Silk Infusion? Not impressed.... And then, the breakouts started. Big zits along my hair line, forehead and all over my chest and back. Basically any place my hair touched my face or body. Now, I know this product is silicone based, but I use silicone based makeup primers and have NEVER had a problem. So, I discontinued use, let my skin clear, and then used it again hoping it had been a fluke. Nope! Breakout city!! So, I don't know what it is in this that makes my skin virtually explode, but I am mourning the loss of my fabulous hair and a bottle of product that I spent $35 on that is totally useless to me now. So so sad. 5 lippies for the hair, 1 lippie for making me breakout like a 16 year old in the throws of a hormonal imbalance.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No