November 26, 2014 | 1048 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2010 7:52:00 AM More reviews by yasij

After a few months of happily using this on my ends, I suddenly started getting oily hair that attracted a lot of dust - something I've never had before - my hair is very thick and only needs washing twice a week. I did a little research (yep, did research afterwards as I fell into the hype and bought blind), and it turns out there's barely any actual argan oil in this - so it works as good as the much cheaper brands of cone-based treatments. I tried pure argan oil (from hennasouq...cheapest I found), and my hair is back and better than before! Absolutely no weighing me down, leaves my hair super silky, no chemicals, and I'm back to getting a lot of "how do you get that hair?" comments.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2010 6:48:00 AM More reviews by Ivy_Tamwood

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff is amazing!! I thought that putting an oil on my fine, highlighted hair would weigh it down, but my hair looks shiny and gorgeous! My stylist and colorist both tell me that my hair is in great shape despite having highlights done every 8 weeks, and this product has definitely contributed to that! Only con is the packaging; a pump would be nicer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2010 3:26:00 AM More reviews by AivyLeague05

I seriously love this stuff. It almost seems contradictory that putting oil in your hair would bulk up the volume, but that's precisely what it does. This product has made blow drying my hair so much easier and more effective. Smells good, too - a little vanilla, a little musk.

However, it would be easier to deal with if it came in a pump similar to Kerastase's hair drops. It's a minor inconvenience to unscrew a bottle top, pour oil into your hands, and screw the top back on afterwards, given the risk of spilling.

It's quite pricey at 40 bucks a bottle, but I only use a couple of drops at a time (literally), and until I find an equally effective bargain version, this should last me relatively long.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2010 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Adrianne29

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVE IT! I have brown naturally curly/wavy hair that has taken a beating over the years. I was platinum blond 2 years ago and even though I'm back to my natural color with some highlights, it's still damaged. I straighten my hair a couple times a week, but the ends still look gnarly. If i decide to blow dry and curl my hair for that "tousled" look the split ends stand out even more. Now I put Moroccan Oil on the ends of my damp hair before styling and yowza! my hair looks healthy. I look like one of those people who doesn't mess with their hair too much! I was told that over time it can deposit color into your hair. I also heard that Moroccan Oil is coming out with a new oil for lighter hair.

UPDATE: I started noticing really bad pimples along my hairline, on my scalp, and along my back and shoulders. Finally realized it's the Moroccan Oil!! YUCK! I stopped using it for a week and it all cleared up. I was breaking out everywhere the MO touched. I hate the shampoo/conditioner - it makes my curly hair dry and frizzy. L'Oreal Everpure works wonders.So sad about MO.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2010 9:07:00 AM More reviews by mostlikely

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am super disappointed in this product because I really wanted it to work. I've used it twice and both times it left my thick hair looking extremely dry and lifeless. My hair just looks like it's sitting on my head. Plus, my hair was extremely unreceptive to the curling iron. Best product I've ever tried for my hair is Redken Straight - it gives my hair such a shine and richness in color that ppl ask me if I color my (naturally black) hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2010 1:46:00 AM More reviews by liveforever

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I'm sorry to be the rogue reviewer here once again, but I feel like I have to warn some women out there who may run into the same problem I did. In fact, I've awaken from my MUA slumber just to write a review for this.

I bought this because I have course, dry, THICK hair. I needed something to deflate my hair, keep the wave in tame, and just make my hair look moisturized.

This stuff I liked at first, but then I noticed my hair getting very, VERY dry. I couldn’t figure it out. I never had this reaction with my Kiehls Crème with Silk groom. Today in the shower my hair was breaking off.. No elasticity. That's when I knew this product wasn't for me. I need more nourishment than just plain oil. I need the long list of ingredients that are in Kiehls (I don't know what they all do, but they do something) and little goes a long way.

On top of all this.... this stuff was hella expensive. I recommend you ladies look into this product called 'OROFLUIDO'. It's the same kind of oil, but it seems to have more ingredients than Moroccanoil.

here's a link to it: https://www.beautymark.ca/products.php?product=4218

This sounds more interesting. Good luck.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2010 4:42:00 PM More reviews by CinnamonLee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am on my second bottle of this stuff! It's the perfect thing for my thick wavy hair, it does everything it's supposed to and smells good too. I gave a small bottle of it to my brother and he loves it as well what else can I say? It's awesome.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2010 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Flippinsushi

The only thing I hate is the price. Yea, it's too expensive, and I can tell myself all I want that it's worth it and I only use a little at a time so it lasts, but it still feels ridiculous to pay 15$ for a tiny bottle that looks like a sample.
Anyway, I have repurchased even with the price. This stuff smells wonderful, and it honestly makes my hair sooo soft! Whenever I use it, it makes my hair look really shiny and really reduces any frizz factor. And the best part? It NEVER feels oily or anything like with EVERY other serum I've ever used! Yea... it's really that good! I use it for every special occasion, but I do feel like I need to ration it out a little because of the price. If it were cheaper, I'd probably buy it by the bucketful!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2010 12:28:00 PM More reviews by akatrene

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If I could give this 4.5 I would. I'm not giving it a five simply for the packaging. It's very easy to pour out too much which can leave your hair a little greasy and weighed down. Other than that, I love this stuff. I apply after towel drying my hair then blow dry and straighten. My hair is soft and smooth and healthy looking considering the abuse I put my hair through (blow dry and flat iron at least 5 days a week). I have just above shoulder length hair and the 200 ml bottle that I got December 2008 still has product in (it's now April 2010), almost a quarter of the bottle is left. That's using it every other day for the most part, or whenever I wash my hair. So the initial price is expensive but considering how long it's lasted me, it's peanuts really. I used the John Frieda serum before. Now that stuff is expensive considering how quickly I went through those tiny bottles. I only need a dime size of Morrocan Oil to get through my hair. When I run out (which will probably be another 3 months) I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2010 11:44:00 AM More reviews by beautygirly

Pricely but really good stuff! I think there are no name copies of this stuff for far less. The argon oil in it makes it different from my other hair serums. I received a sample of it from the salon and really love how smooth and shiny it makes my hair look. I put a dime sized amount combed in after a shower while my hair is still wet.