April 19, 2014 | 1646 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2005 12:48:00 PM More reviews by just_like_gold

Ohhh yes. I wanted to wait until the REAL test (an 8+ hour event) of this stuff, but I couldn't resist. I put this on before eyeliner and eyeshadow and it lasted about ELEVEN hours. It's actually pretty hard to get this OFF at the end of the day. I can sweat, be oily, and my eye makeup will persevere, long after all my other makeup has disappeared. And then I scrub for my life with a soft neutrogena makeup removing cloth. I bet you this would make it last overnight if you tried. Fantastic. H freakin' G.
EDIT 4/3/06: STILL in love. I don't often have occassions where I need 11-hour eyemakeup, but when I need something to pull through, this always does. Always. I have trouble getting it to stop working. Buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2005 9:17:00 AM More reviews by rose_arcana

I love this product - it has greatly improved the staying power of my eyeshadows, and especially my cheaper and not-so-long-lasting eyeshadows! Love the cute packaging. I am rapt. The only down side is that it is difficult to get in Australia :( but can be bought from O/S.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2005 6:23:00 PM More reviews by NYtherapistt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this little miracle worker. I have always been plagued by creasing. We're talking looking as though I've drawn a line in the middle of my eyelid type of creasing. This has COMPLETELY corrected that issue for me. I dab a tiny bit on each lid and then gently smooth over it with my fingertip.

I've found it somewhat difficult to blend my shadows b/s the PP holds so well. I've corrected this problem by sweeping a layer of BE's Well Rested over my lids once the primer dries (about 10 seconds). I then apply my eye shadow and it does not budge!

I do think it's over-priced for the amount of product you get. I dislike the packaging because, though cute, it's not practical. I'll lose a lot of the product because there is simply no way for me to get into this Genie-like tube.

Despite those 2 issues, I'll be repurchasing for eternity, with the hopes that they'll alter the packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2005 11:13:00 AM More reviews by Sassyrred

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I finally found a tube at Ulta! I had tried 2 local Sephora's and they were sold out and Nordies was sold out, it wasn't looking good! The only eyebase that was working for me was MAC paints until now. The UD primer definitely holds my eyeshadow longer than the paints, not to say the paints don't do a great job because they do! but I definitely find I can not blend my eyeshadow as well with UD. I suspect because of the dryness of the product.

I gave this a 3 for price because compared to the paints it is high for the amount you get and I gave it a 2 for packaging because I think the design is flawed as you lose the product at the top rim when you remove it. I tried removing the ring at that top (which one should not have to do to get product out) to get more product out but wasn't successful. I think they need to redesign the packaging. It looks cute but not practical for getting the product out of the tube. I would repurchase because my lids are a tough customer to satisfy, but I probably with rotate my paints with this primer to get more bang for my buck.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2005 6:25:00 PM More reviews by Tahari

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love Urgan Decay's eyeshadow, and this little miracle just makes it more appealing! :p It does what it says it does. My eyeshadow stays put and only soap and water will get it off! Even when I wear Midnight Cowboy (super sparkely btw) the sparkles don't fall off or get in my eye or anything! This is a great product to own.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2005 11:42:00 AM More reviews by Maria25

I am so greatful that I found this product. I at first tried Lumene eye base and it irritated my eyes so badly that i couldn't wear makeup for weeks. I placed the blame on my pigments, but that wasn't it, it was the Lumene. Anyway, i gave UDPP a try on a whim, and I am so glad that i did. I put this on in the morning and my e/s or pigments last the whole day. The true test was a day i put this on at 5am, then followed with e/s and pigment, and it stayed on in FULL until at least 10:30 that night. I will buy this again and again. Oh, and speaking of, there is a ton of product in that little container. I have had it for at least 4 months and still have a ton left, so even though its a bit pricey, it does last and is worth every penny.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2005 8:40:00 AM More reviews by LeighS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Yes, it makes eyeshadow last all day but it doesn't create a nice blank canvas on the eyelids as it is transparent. I need something to cover the purplish colouring on my lids. Also, it makes the eyelids look horribly dry and crepey. I much prefer Laura Mercier Eye Basics in Linen.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2005 4:06:00 PM More reviews by prinzessin784

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Cute packaging, but honestly this didn't do anything for me. I actually had more creasing than I get when I use MAC paints as a base and the color was too yellowy on my skin and looked sallow and sickly. Definitely not worth the price for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2005 10:35:00 AM More reviews by karinmun

This is it! UD eyeshadow primer potion is a flesh colored primer, that blends easily. You only have to use a little amount of this product. It evens out the skin, and really makes your eyeshadow stay put!
I line my eyes with eyeshadow, and usually my eyeshadow creases like mad after one hour in the small skin creases on my lower lid and because I have hooded eyes, the eyeshadow along the lashline ends up above my crease. But these problems stopped when I used this product.
I have tried MAC stilife paint but it was too shimmery for a neutral daytime look and it still creased after 4 hours. My inner corners of my eyes are oily and the oil mixed up with the stilife paint became a gross whitish fluid substance on the inner corners of my eyes.
The primer potion does what it says and makes your eyeshadow stay put for hours, like freshly applied makeup. I apply a thin amount on my lids till above the crease and on my lower eyelid. I also applied it on my sparse eyebrows, filled my eyebrows in with pencil and brow powder and my brows really stayed put! Usually the skin oils make my drawn in brows look greasy and make it look even more unnatural (there's no way to make what's not there look like it's natural). But with the primer potion my brows stay matte looking and will probably photograph better. I've seen horrible photographs of myself, where because the shinyness of my skin, the brows don't show up. This product will probably put an end to these problems.
The packaging is cute, but probably impractical, like other reviewers said. I don't see how I can use this product all up with such an oddly shaped package. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2005 5:10:00 PM More reviews by dvuelta

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I previously used a product by Ultima II. I was not happy with this product although I had used it for years. I did some research and found Primer Potion. This is the best product I have ever used. I live in the HOT and HUMID South and I have oily eye lids, this product has stood up to these demands. I would highly recommend this product. Also, I purchased this through Sephora. Their service was outstanding. I ordered on a Monday afternoon and I had the product on Wednesday.