July 28, 2014 | 1021 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2006 9:47:00 PM More reviews by Lacey5884

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is really cute, and it works great, but a good concealer would do the same thing...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2006 3:44:00 PM More reviews by oregonclaire

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best. Product. Ever.

I have the oiliest lids on the planet. Eyeshadows tremble before them, knowing they will be but dark lines in my creases by midday. I've tried lesser primers before. Here's a quick rundown.

Origins Underwear for Lids. Feels so nice, doesn't work at all.
Mary Kay Eye Primer. Doesn't feel so nice, works for a few hours, then dies.
L'Oreal De-Crease Eyeshadow Primer. Feels okay, doesn't work at all.

But this... this is swoon-worthy. Smooth it on your lids in the morning, and allow it to dry. It's fast. Then apply your eyeshadows and notice how they seem a little more vibrant. Go on your merry way and look with amazement four hours later that your eyeshadow is still there. Jaw drops in shock when it's still there eight hours later. Swoon on the spot when it's still there 12 hours later when you're washing it off again.

Dear God. Buy it now. It'll be the best $14 you've ever spent. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2006 3:23:00 AM More reviews by lilahh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my Holy Grail eyeshadow primer! I'm almost done with my first bottle and have 2 back ups. When I switched to Primer Potion from UltimaII Fade Not, Crease Not, I noticed an immediate difference. My eyeshadow looked more vibrant and lasted all day.

The doefoot applicator makes it easy to apply just a few dabs. It dries fast so if you don't blend it in quickly, you'll be left with dry blobs of primer. The trick is to do one eye at a time and then you won't have that problem. Also, when the product seems to be running low, just pop off the rim of the bottle opening. You'll have MUCH more product than you think. :) (Costs about $14.00 on Urban Decay's site and Sephora)

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2006 2:07:00 AM More reviews by Shavwi

I cannot rave enough about this fabulous product! I ahve super oily eyelids and for years could not wear anything other than pale shimmery eyeshadows because after an hour or so I would look like I had been punched in the eye. After using this stuff, my eyeshadow lasts all day long, no matter what I've been doing. It is amazing. I use a little dab and rub it in with my finger, and that is more than enough. It is amazing and the packaging is both practical and adorable!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2006 12:06:00 AM More reviews by TessyBuggyWuggy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have wanted to buy this for a long, long time, but the girl at Sephora said it was only ok, and recomended Benefit's Lemonade. Well, Lemonade is a concealer, not primer. It didnt work, and I purchased it thinking it WAS and it had to good word of several Sephora employees. (It IS a nice eye concealer, tho)

Now, to this product. It comes in a very handy (and cute) lip-glos-like tube. It is creamy and kind of a nude color. I like the texture and you cant tell you have it on. I put this on just before i left the house this morning (around 9:30 AM) and then let it dry. This is the perfect time to put on blush. Then, i put on my eye shadow. I could feel it go on differently, like it was holding on. It didnt effect the color at all.

Now, its 11:07 and it looks every bit as good (and so does my eyeliner) as it did this morning. I have SUPER oily teenage skin, and normally halfway through a school day I look...scary. To say the least...

BUY THIS PRODUCT. NOTHING has EVER made my eyemake up last so long, and look so beatiful. If I wasn't going to remove this tonight, I would bet it would still look good in the morning. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/31/2005 9:46:00 PM More reviews by nina1ricco

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I have come to the conclusion that UD Primer Potion is best suited to younger gals or those with oily lids. For those of us 30+ something's with normal to dry lids, this product can be disastrous. I use MAC Studiofix and have made three attempts to put PP over it and each time it would not blend and made my lids look ancient. Putting powder shadow over top only worsened the cakey/flakey situation. For my age range and skin type, I'll stick with MAC paints.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/31/2005 6:17:00 PM More reviews by SuzanneATL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I thought I'd try UD Primer Potion based on the high number of recommendations from Productville and the boards. After two weeks of using this, I'm tossing it in the trash. The packaging is horrible and wastes a tremendous amount of product (overpriced that it is). The primer itself aged my eyes ten years by making my eyelids look noticeably crepey, regardless of how much or how little of the product I applied. Very disappointing overall.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2005 8:15:00 PM More reviews by tkaste

I love this my eyeshadow last all do with out creasing which in turn makes my liner last longer. I have a problem with liner lasting even though I use a sealent this is perfect. I was concerened about the reviews stating eyeshadow was difficult to blend but I have had no problem with thsi.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2005 8:09:00 PM More reviews by maj313

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Urban Decay primer potion helps my makeup stay on 10+ hours without fading or creasing. The only downside is that the packaging is cute, but it makes it hard to use up all the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2005 11:23:00 AM More reviews by vapudlak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my first review of a product on this site. (Although I have spent a many hours reading MANY reviews!!!) I have oily skin and have probably read every product review for oily skin. My background is I started using Retin-A in high school then senior year I started using Accutane. I took Accutane 3x cycles and then when I was 23 I was controlling my acne/oily skin with Birth Control Pills and Benzaclin- and this worked great. I am now 24 and have stopped taking bcp's for a medical reason and my skin is not as nice as when I was taking bcp's so I am in ultimate search for products to help my skin in this post bcp era. This product is GREAT!!! I can put eyeshadow on normally and it will last MAX. 4hours. Yesterday I timed how long my eyeshadow stayed on and it was 12 hrs. I don't think it would last all day and all through the night like some people say-but for me it lasted 12 hours and then it started coming off like usual. But 12 HOURS!!!! That's amazing!!!!! I will def. repurchase this item. GO FOR IT!!!