Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 9/23/2006 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Wow, this is one of the best products I have EVER used. Not only does it work as an E/S primer but it's awesome as an undereye concealer/brightener that also holds eyeliner in place, plus it works as a lip primer too. That said, as a multi-tasker it is well worth the $14! It really keeps E/S in place even overnight or through a nap and it's the only one I've found to date that works w/cream E/S. If you buy one new item this year this is the one to grab!

on 9/23/2006 9:45:00 AM

Am so glad I bought this! I am a nurse and after coming home from the hospital one day last week, I was surprised to see that my eyeshadow was the only thing that HADN'T rubbed off my face! My only complaint is that it IS kind of hard to get your eyeliner to smudge good, but it does stay on. I don't know why either, but my mascara seems to look really good too. It's almost like some product gets on the base of the lashes and when I go to curl them, they "stand up" really nicely or something. Will definitely repurchase when I run out!

on 9/22/2006 11:29:00 AM

Love the primer potion! I used to use cream concealer on my eyelids before applying shadow but discovered the shadow would crease by the end of the day. I saw reviews for the primer potion and decided to give it a try. I am not disappointed. The bottle is really cute and the primer is super easy and convenient to use. My shadow stays put! It is pretty affordable considering the alternatives out there.

on 9/21/2006 3:05:00 PM

this product definitely makes your eyeshadow last. I am a full time student now and I don't really have time to check and see if my eyeshadow is smearing. when I use this in the morning, I KNOW my eyeshadow stays put all day long and I love that. It is even on late that night when I'm taking my makeup off. Now, that being said, if you use this product you will have to apply your eyeshadow in a different way than what you're used to because you can't really "blend" once your eyeshadow is on. It sticks the minute you put it on. To get around that, I lightly pat small amounts of eyeshadow on my eyelid in the exact place where I want it. for a smoky effect, I use the lightest shade everywhere except the area around my eyelashes, and then after that I lightly pat a small amount of darker eyeshadow around my eyelids and on top of the lighter shade. Note: remember if you do two layers of eyeshadow, only the bottom layer is going to last the longest - that's why I don't put very much dark on top of the light). I've found this gives it a "blended" look without having to blend, but it takes practice.

on 9/19/2006 9:12:00 AM

I SWEAR by UDPP ! I love it, it's sheer so it does not alternate eyeshadow color, it's easy to apply, and works like magic ! Your make up stays until forever with it ! The bottle is cute, it's easy to grab, and you can't miss it in your make up bag. I love it so much I bought some for all my friends, and always have a backups.

on 9/19/2006 6:32:00 AM

I LOVE this stuff! My shadows will stay for hours, I mean like 24 hours if I need it to, it just won't quit! If you have that "crease grease" (as I call it) thing going on where your shadows alway crease and get shiney in places it shouldn't this will fix it. Everytime I use this on a client they can't help but give praises about their eyes lasting throughout the day. You will not be disappointed! :-D

on 9/13/2006 3:17:00 PM

All I can say is - believe all the hype. I had never heard of this before MUA, and would always be disgusted by how awful both my cream and powder shadows looked by the end of the day. The first time I used this, I used it with the Stila Eye pot cream shadow, and it looked the same 12 hours after applying it. I am very impressed, and will recommend this to everyone I know.

on 9/12/2006 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I have NO IDEA where I was when the train pulled out of the station for this magnificent product!!! But I am so on board now! All the good stuff you have read about this is true. It does EXACTLY what is says it will do. I have the oiliest eyelids on the planet. This put a stop to that. KAPOW!!! Greasy creasy eyelids GONE. I did the true test today with my NARS cream shadows...you know the ones I am talking about. They stayed put. I was shocked. Usually they melt off my eyes by lunch time or crease in the most unattractive way.

I have dark skin (NW45/NC50) and I know some people worry that this will show up on your eyelids as whitish. It doesn't. The trick is to dab a little on the back of your hand and then apply it to each eyelid with your ring finger. This also means you keep your wand nice and clean. It dries quickly and is not sticky. I only apply a very small amount and have no trouble blending my e/s with this on. My colours remain vibrant and beautiful all day. This is truly one of the best products I have ever purchased.

Ingredients are:
Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Triethylhexanoin, Isopropyl Lanolate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Propylene Carbonate, Phenoxyethanol, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Methicone, Isobutylparaben, May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride) continued >>

on 9/11/2006 3:45:00 PM

I absolutely love this product! Like the previous reviewer, I was hooked on using the MAC paints like "untitled" and "bare canvas". I decided to try Urban Decay's Primer Potion for loose shimmer eye shadows, because it seemed like even the MAC paints couldn't hold those on. I was in awe! After 12 hours, not a single crease on my very oily eyelids. The trick is to put the Primer Potion on your lid and pack the shadow on while it's wet. I recommend one eye at a time since it dries kind of quickly.

on 9/9/2006 11:35:00 PM

I read the reviews here and just had to try this product. I had been using Mac's Bare Canvas as my eye makeup base but....I think I am hooked on this stuff. It makes my eyes feel really smooth and seems to adhere any eye makeup I have. Even my cheap eye makeup (Wet N Wild) to my more expensive shadows (Mac) seem to stay put for a very long time. I even use it when I am not wearing eye shadow just to smooth out my eye lids. Highly recommended. I am going back to Ulta this week with my coupon to purchase an extra to have on hand.

Video Reviews & Tutorials