Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Finally something that works! I put it on in the morning and it lasts all day on my oily skin. I did notice on some darker eyeshawdows the color didn't look as pigmented as the day worn on (not too bad though) but no creasing at all.

I have been hearing the massive rave reviews for this primer for soooooo long and finally caved in and bought it with my Boots points, it's usually 9.50 here in the UK. This is wonderful for keeping my eye shadow on. I dont really wear any e/s unless i make a special effort and im going out else I wear quite pastel-y shades that dont always show up very much. This primer makes them 'pop'- i still get the subtle shade i want but this primer intensifies them more, and of course my e/s lasts and lasts......:) I also have never ever had a problem with this drying my eyelids out at all. It goes on smooth, dries, i put my e/s on, wipe it off with a face wipe at the end of the day and it works great!

i can finally wear eyeliner without it smudging or completely disapreaing!
A make up bag essential for life!!!!

however i find it makes eyeshadow difficult to blend but don'tcare. i can now wear eyeliner!!!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

i LOVE this product!
It makes my e/s stay all day with no creasing.
but my only problem is that my e/s are a little bit hard to blend, so i took of a lipstick.
i love this product!
Will definitely repurchase!
:D

Like most of the other members of MUA, I completely agree that this is a magical product that does that rarest of things; it lives up to the hype.After 13 1/2 hours, my eye makeup had no creasing, fading or loss of pigmentation. Gorgeous and fresh as when I put it on. This stuff is a bit spendy, and while I am well aware that minor surgery is required to get all contents out of the pretty little tube, the packaging is adorable on my makeup table and the product is out of this world. I don't think I'll ever do without it again.

continued >>

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

A solid product, but doesn't do anything my current primer (Smashbox I-Prime) doesn't do. I've been wearing the UD on my left eye, and the SB on my right. They both make the color very true and last a reasonable amount of time. I have "normal" lids, neither dry or oily. I think an e/s primer is important if you're looking for extra wear and vibrant color from their shadow (and who isn't?) It's a good price too, and is $10 cheaper than my Smashbox, which is why I'd probably repurchase the UD instead. The only negative is that it doesn't do much to neutralize the color in my lid. Too bad the UD packaging seems prone to capturing a lot of product (such a waste) and is, IMO, pretty tacky looking.

For the price, you certainly can't beat this primer. It's a silky coverage and does the job better than some I've tried for much more money. Defintely worth buying again.

I love UDPP! After finally caving into the recs from the MU Board, i purchased UDPP with high hopes, and of course it lived up to them. Before UDPP, my e/s would last not longer than 3 hrs (even when i used WNW Cafe Au Lait cream shadow as a base). Now it lasts until i wash it off. Definitely a HG!

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about UD's Primer Potion. It's a lovely neutral color, just blend a tiny bit onto each eyelid and wait for it to dry before applying eye shadow. Your eye makeup will stay in place and look flawless all day!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have almost nothing but good things to say about this product. It does was it claims, keeps shadow from creasing and makes it stay put. The only downside I found was this product dried the skin on my eye lids bad, flaking skin bad. That being said, I might have applied too much product, so I'm still giving it 5 lipsticks.

Video Reviews & Tutorials