August 22, 2014 | 1028 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2006 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Honeywell66

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff rocks. I prefer sheer, yet well-pigmented shadows, but they never seem to last. After an hour or two, poof! Shadow's gone. Primer Potion keeps the shadow in place, and looking good, for hours. Other lid primers are too dry and cakey. They might make the shadow look good, but they make your eyes look terrible. Primer Potion is lightweight, very sheer in coloring and isn't drying at all. And it works. You really can't beat it. It holds shadow and liner in place very well. Give it a shot.
UPDATE: Sounds crazy, but I've been dabbing the tiniest bit of this on my dark circles before applying concealer. It makes it last all day. I swear. This is a miracle product. LOVE IT.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2006 6:49:00 PM More reviews by Painted_Lady1981

At first, I was very reluctant to try this - partly because it seems to be like crack - you try it once, and after a while, you start going ballistic when it's OOS everywhere, and you seriously contemplate selling your eggs for a bottle. I was quite happy with MAC paints, and didn't want to get into the habit. But . . . then, I got some at a discount, and here are my impressions of it - particularly versus MAC paints.

It keeps the eyeshadow on, yes. But MAC paints win on sheer longevity - after 10 hours or so, my eyeshadow creases with UDPP. With MAC paints, it NEVER does.

Where UDPP does win, however, is appearance - it seems to intensify colors, and it never gives a "dry" appearance, which MAC paints can. This makes it easier to have dewy-looking eyes.

On packaging, both UDPP and MAC paints have their issues - MAC paints come in these annoying metal tubes that tend to suddenly expel about half the product with no way to get it back in the tube. UDPP has a tight stopper on top which makes it difficult to get all the product out - but I hear the stopper is removeable, so when it gets hard to pull out the product, I will take it out, and see how it works.

All in all, I have to give UDPP a 5 because it does the job, and it does it well. The price is also reasonable. However, if I run out and it is OOS, I don't think I will go to pieces :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2006 2:39:00 PM More reviews by lucyrox

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

At first I had a love/hate relationship with UDPP. Now, I totally LOVE this magic potion. At first I was wiping the primer on my finger and spreading it all over my eyelids. My e/s would go on splotchy that way. Now I apply the wand directly on my eyeliner (upper and lower) area, and it works best for me that way. It keeps my e/l on for 12+ hours, which is a truly amazing thing to accomplish. The bottle is the size of a mascara tube, and is $14.00, and IMO a must for anyone who wants to have long lasting eyeliner. Will buy again and stock up for sure!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2006 6:16:00 AM More reviews by Fiammetta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nice product! It keeps my eyeshadow in place for 12+ hours (unless I rub my eyes), and I even have to make sure to use some kind of cleanser or the makeup won't come off. I use the wand to apply the product to the crease of my lids, then my ring finger to blend. Then eyeliner, shadow, and mascara (because if the product gets on my lashes, they're quite pale), and I'm finished!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2006 2:27:00 AM More reviews by mjlover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like the fellow reviewers i feel like i shouldnt have waited till now to buy this stuff ... well, i didnt buy, i got it in a swap, cause you cant get it in Australia, but i digress - it is brilliant - no more creasing, fading etc

You gotta try this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2006 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Onyxopi

Excellent! But I wish I hadnít waited so long to try it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2006 11:50:00 PM More reviews by bluemelon

Unbelievable! I thought I'd never find a product that would stop my eyeshadow from creasing, but this product is a miracle. I have very oily eyelids and my shadow literally starts creasing within half an hour. But with this product, it stays put ALL day. The only problem is that I can't find Urban Decay anywhere here in Australia, so when someone I know goes overseas for a holiday, I have to get them to grab me a couple of bottles because I can't go without this stuff anymore.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2006 9:24:00 PM More reviews by IShy134

Ok, this is amazing. Simply brilliant. IT WORKS! It evens out your eyelids so you have a nice smooth canvas. Enhances your eyeshadow color. Very blendable. I tried this twice just to make sure but my eyeshadow never creased! I used a dark shimmery brown, wore it all day, worked in it, was sweaty, came home... PERFECT EYESHADOW! No creasing! No budging! No dull color! This is love. True love!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2006 2:27:00 PM More reviews by kama79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

UD PP, where have you been all this time? No kidding, this prodcuts deserves the fantastic rating it gets in P'Ville. It is a non-shimmery, milky eye primer, which works miracles. It is easy to apply (just use what is on the wand) and slim enough to find room in any MU case (I keep it in my eye brush case). It goes on smoothly, sinks in immediately and has no trace of stickiness. Due to it's slightly milky, off-white texture it evens out the lid's skintone without shading it. I doesn't negatively impact the way your e/s appears applied, but allows the colors to appear very true. I can easily blend my shadow and the finish it gives is an airbrushed one when I apply it over UD PP. The e/s lasts all day, looking like it has just been applied: no caking, creasing, greasing, melting. Nothing. Just pure loveliness. Last WE I was too lazy to take off my MU and when I woke up the next morning, my e/s looked...MINT. Absolutely flawless. Everything was till there: browbone highlighter, crease shade, liner etc. After having rubbed my face against my pillow all night long (I could tell by the way my mascara looked). If they EVER continue this I shall scream.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2006 4:30:00 PM More reviews by itshannah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The reviews didn't lie about this one.... I wore this on a hot SWEATY day and many hours later, my eye makeup looked just as it did the minute it went on. Did I mention I have super oily lids? I just swept a tiny dab of it over my lids and rubbed it in with my fingertip until the creamy color disappeared (I heard from MUA not to use too much of this stuff). I'm a loyal user now. =)