Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 8/14/2006 3:37:00 PM

Hooray! Yes, this does work. My eyeshadow only faded a tiny bit after having this on for 8 hours. Usually, it would have been all gone. Thanks MUA, I would have never known about this if it wasn't for you!

on 8/11/2006 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I took this primer though the ultimate test. I wore it while I cleaned my kitchen in the middle of a hummid New England summer, in a 95+ heatwave with no AC and then went to work in a Pastry Shop were I baked all afternoon and ran around like a mad woman working up a sweat. When I returned home that evening and looked in the mirror my eyeshadow was as visible as the minute I put it on w/o creases and my eyeliner wasn't smudged across my lower lid making me look like even more of a racoon then I aready am. In other words, my eye makeup looked perfect!

I hate the applicator, so I use my finger to smooth it across my lid. I wouldn't use this primer when you are looking for a really sheer wash across the eyes because it does keep your eyeshadow looking brighter. This product does go one with some pigment but disapears into your skin (even if you are darker like me, a CCC NC42) without leaving a chalky mess on your lids. The only other negative thing that I could say, and it very superfical at most, is that I do not enjoy the packaging. I understand that it is Urban Decay's Primer "Potion" but I think the Aladdin, I dream of Jeanie-esque bottle is kinda tacky. Nevertheless, I love love love this product.

on 8/10/2006 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

At last I can write a bad review (sorry it's for this one). This is all that others say--it goes on smoothly, disappears into skin, etc., and seems to hold e/s like glue. But it makes e/s impossible to blend. I actually ended up with sooty marks around my eyes that couldn't be smoothed away! Had to take it off and start again with my staple, Alexandra de Markoff. It also has no eye-brightening effect. So, this will go back to Sephora and I'll buy another pot of de Markoff instead. (However, I should note that e/s with a base usually tends to last on me--I'm not a hopeless case that way.)

on 8/9/2006 1:31:00 PM

As others have said, truly a miracle product. There is no better. Makeup stays on without creases or fading until you take it off - through sweaty workouts, even sleeping with it on (and I'm a squish-your-face-into-the-pillow sleeper). Even my lower quality eyeliners (e.g., Sephora's very hard liners) look smashing - great color, etc. Slightly harder to blend, but not worth taking a lippie away for this.

on 8/7/2006 11:42:00 AM

It only takes one word to describe this product. Amazing !
I won't repeat the other comments below but I would recommend you try it !

on 8/5/2006 7:42:00 PM

Where has this product been all my life?? Finally, a product that keeps my eyeshadow from creasing, even on the longest and hottest day! Blending shadows is a little trickier with this primer, but that's easily managed. Fabulous product!

on 8/4/2006 2:08:00 PM

I just got this yesterday and I tried it on this morning. I was just wondering if this product was supposed to be so oily? It seems very thin in consistency and didn't seem to fully dry. It's been several hours now since I've had it on and when I touch my eyelids, they feel a little tacky. Is this normal?

on 8/2/2006 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

well wow !!

Im so glad i decided to spent the 14 dollarso n this
a little high in price for such a small containor.. i dont think the packaging is all the greatest u dont rally seem to get a lot but u dont have to use a lot

i work at ar ehab center and im constantly in my feet and i hardly ever get eaks and i tested this one day working a 16 hour shift.. i had MAC eyeshadow on top of this and o my gosh ! it stayed put all entire day !

i still have yet to do the smokey eye look but once i do i'll update !

on 7/31/2006 6:08:00 PM

I've been using this for over a month now. I really like it. I never had super oily lids or anything, but this was for me - more of a way to get my eyeshadows,etc. to POP! It does the job well. I had this on for over 20 hours one time..and it never budged. Works well on all my other eye products that I use. I have no problems getting it to blend and it does a great job of just by itself making the eye lid appear smooth and even. I will continue to purchase this. It will take me awhile to use this one, so I'm hoping that I get the use of the entire bottle, as I know some have posted that getting all out of the bottle is questionable. Two very enthusiastic thumbs up for Primer Potion! Get some...you'll love it!
Ingredients:
Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trihydroxystearin, Triethylhexanoin, Isopropyl Lanolate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Propylene Carbonate, Phenoxyethanol, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Methicone, Isobutylparaben

May Contain:
Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride)

on 7/31/2006 12:21:00 PM

I bought this product about a week ago and must agree with most of the other reviews...it's pretty great. I have very oily eyelids and my eyeshadow tends to crease, and then disappear almost completely a few hours after I apply it. Particularly with powder shadows, this primer keeps my eye makeup looking freshly applied all day long. I first tried it with some cream shadows and it did help them last longer, but with powder shadows...it's fabulous. I haven't noticed any problems with my eyelids looking wierd that some others have mentioned. It does make blending a little tougher, but not too bad. Would definitely buy this again.

Video Reviews & Tutorials