Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

This stuff does as it promises, which these days, is nearly enough to earn the 5 stars right there. NO creasing and vibrant color when this is used. However, as someone else said, it makes color stick and stay, so it DOES make it pretty difficult to blend shadows once applied. Still deserves the 5 stars to me as it is the best primer I have tried. Way better than MAC paints.

on 7/21/2006 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

There are just some products that are a must and this is definitely one of them! I have constantly battled with eyeshadow that creases or is barely noticeable by noontime.. but this light, invisible potion keeps my eyeshadow in place and brings out the true color all day long. It's a must have!

on 7/20/2006 5:54:00 PM

This stuff really is amazing and I would never have given it a second thought if I hadn't read all the reviews on MUA. I pretty much gave up on wearing any eyeshadow since it disappears after a couple hours or turns into a greasy mess (I have oily lids, a common problem I've noticed). Well I finally got the UD primer through a swap and let me tell you that I wish I found out about this stuff sooner. Not only does it keep my eyeshadow from moving, it makes it look more vibrant. Because I don't normally wear shadow I don't usually buy it, but I have some old ones laying around. I decided to try it out using one of my old "blah-coloured" shadows and it now looks amazing on my eyes. I've been wearing the primer for 10-12 hours the last few days and it really does hold up. It's almost too good to be true. The packaging isn't really to my taste, and I'm not a fan of sponge tip applicators. What I do is use a concealer brush to apply it, there's more control that way. I highly recommend this product.

on 7/20/2006 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

I came across this product because of Make Up Alley! It was getting such great reviews. So when my dance class was taking a field trip to Toronto Eatons Mall which has a Sephora I knew I HAD to get it! So went into to Sephora and guess what it was the last one on the shelf! They had two rows of it and all cleared out! It was 20 dollars Canadian plus tax! So quite expensive but it will last a very long time for me. Only use a little each time! I love the packaging. It works wonder not only does it not crease it also I find it makes your eyeshadow colours more truer. The colours are more vibrant! I love it.:):) UPdate: Still LOVE this product! Bought more. It lasts FOREVER:D Good little tip for everyone to know when you think you have used all of the product up cut open the bottle and there it tons of MORE product inside. At least there was for me! Amazing product!

on 7/18/2006 4:53:00 PM

I love the Primer Potion! I had used F.Y.Eye from Benefit for the past 2 years and while I like that, this is so much better! A sales associate from Sephora recommended it and it is wonderful. I have not had a single problem with it since I started using it and the packaging is just too cute not to buy it!

on 7/18/2006 2:22:00 AM

This is really just as good as everyone says it is. Absolutely the BEST primer I ever used. You have to be careful not to use too much. A little goes a long way. Too bad it's not available here in Holland so I have to get it off ebay and prices sometimes run up sky high there..

on 7/16/2006 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I never thought I would say this, but it is finally possible for me to wear eyeshadow and have it stay in place until I take it off! Even through heat, sweat, oiliness, water, etc!! If are prone to oily eyelids and that stinkin' creasy eyeshadow thing after only a couple of hours wearing it, this is the answer to your prayers. Some people might take off one lippie because you absolutely CANNOT blend once this stuff is set, but for a nice neutral single shadow there is no substitute. Hallelujiah!

on 7/16/2006 4:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I read and heard so much about the primer,not knowing if al the things they said about it were true. So I was desperatly seeking for it. But the only problem was, here in Belgium they don't sell it. So, searched the net to know where the nearest sephora-store was,and that was France. Lucky me, the North of France isn't that far away (1 hour drive),so, I went for a (spending alot money-)day. Wwwwooohhhhhhhhhooooooo, found the primer, bought 2 bottles(what if the thing was so good, and I couln't go to the store to buy it immediatly???)
Well, I never had something that is so good and promise what they say about it!!!!!
If I can I would by it in 5 double!!!!!
The only thing that is a pity is that from the moment u apply ur e/s,it stays on so much in place,that it is a bit difficult to blend!

on 7/15/2006 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

After reading so much about this I finally got my hands on some and I must say that this is some pretty amazing stuff. Totally worth the $15 ( and the 2 1/2 hour drive!) I was really impressed with how well my shadow stayed on and in place throughout a long day and a nap! I did have a small amount of creasing by after several hours but compared to anything else I've ever tried, who cares! I have very oily skin and no other primer for eyes or face has ever done anything but slid right off. I would prefer it to be packaged in jar or something but i definately will buy again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It's amazing! I love it and always buy it because it actually does what it says! Everyone should have this in their makeup bag. If you don't, you will forever be cursed with creased eyeshadow! It's like a magnet for any eye makeup. It stays the whole day with absolutely NO creasing and makes it stand out more, which I like because I love vibrant and loud colors. If they ever make a primer potion for lip makeup, I will love this stuff forever! I hope they never ever discontinue it!

Video Reviews & Tutorials