October 1, 2014 | 1233 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2006 10:47:00 AM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

I bought this primer based on reviews in productville and boards. I don't think the result is very magical; it's just average. I don't have very oily lids, and sometimes e/s creases on me even when I wear this potion as a base. A big CON of this product will be its packaging. It's hard to get the product out after a couple months of using this. The wand does not grab enough product out as if I am using up the whole tube. Someone told me that I should take the plastic rim off, and there're still plenty of potion inside. I'll have to try that and see.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2006 8:09:00 AM More reviews by fayfay

This is definately my HG! I have got really oily lid and most eyeshadow (MAC, Shiseido Kanebo, Milani, Inoui ID) they will bound to crease on me even when i m using MK primer it will only last for about 4 hours. However when I am using UDPP, my eyeshadow can last for more than 8 hours w/o creasing!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2006 9:28:00 PM More reviews by 12catcrazy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I can see why other reviewers have said that this stuff is like crack - I just started using it last week and never want to be without it again!

I wear mostly loose mineral eyeshadows, and while creasing isn't a major big deal, I wanted to find something to help the mineral shadows really stick to my eyelids, and UD PP does the trick and then some. The color stays bright and true, no creasing at all, and 8 hours after I've applied my makeup, it still looks fresh. This is a HG product for sure - if Urban Decay stops making this stuff, I can imagine women every where declaring war and storming company headquarters to bring it back!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2006 10:21:00 AM More reviews by ravenlocks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wowee! I would have to say that in some ways, this primer works too well! The 1st time I used it was with Paula Dorf e/s in Safari. Without a primer, the e/s would migrate to my crease by lunchtime. However, when I applied the e/s to my primed lids, it really stuck! It stuck so much that I had trouble blending. After a lot of extra blending with a sponge, I got the look I wanted and it stayed put all day long. I prime my lids 10 minutes before applying e/s, let it dry, and then get to work with the e/s. The "drawback" is that it takes me extra time to get the look I want, but in the end, it is completely worth it. When you see the results you'll never want to be without it. Color looks vibrant and fresh all day - in fact, it makes cheaper drug store brands look like highly pigmented fancy brands. How did I get along without this product. Amazing!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2006 8:27:00 PM More reviews by filmgal66

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is the perfect product. i used it one night when i applied lots of e/s for a rock concert. after a full night of drinking, sweating, & dancing, my e/s still looked perfect. i have a pretty pronounced crease, so the fact that my shadow didn't ball up or slide off was very impressive to me. believe the hype! this is a great product. i would buy it again en masse.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2006 10:29:00 PM More reviews by MakeupISart

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was tired of using my foundation as a base. So based on the reviews here and everywhere else, I gave in! I LOVE THIS!!!!!!. IT HONESTLY does make my e/s more vibrant and really does keep it from creasing. This is no gimick. The packaging is so cute too.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2006 5:04:00 PM More reviews by ix3Chanel

I love, love, love this! I hadn't used eyeshadow primer before this, but i figured I should try something to keep my shadows from creasing. I got this based on the recs here, and I'm really glad I did! This stuff is like IRON. Take, for example, my new NARS shadow duo. Without a base, they last a max of about three hours on me. I put this on underneath them yesterday, and the colors were still vibrant through school, basketball practice, and a shower. Even after that, I still had to scrub to get the stuff off. The applicator is way inconvenient, but i'm willing ot overlook for the non-creasing results i get :) I'll buy again till they don't make it any more.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2006 4:35:00 PM More reviews by onlypanties

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is HG status. I apply it at 7am and lasted through 9pm, with no creasing. I love PP more than MACís paint in bare canvas, the paints never lasted more than 3-4 hours. I havenít gotten used to the ligloss type applicator included in the ugly Genie Type bottle. With all the imperfections Iím definitely repurchasing it when ever I run out. This is a must have in everyoneís MU stash.

*update 12-13-06* This is for sure the best thing in my MU "safe"! The wand applicator still stinks but I got over it and now apply with my fingers. Been using this product everyday since the day I first bought it and still has plenty left. I have noticed that its a bit "thicker" but still holds on MU like no other!

So its now Feb. 20, 2007 and its finally completely done! I love this :D
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2006 11:25:00 PM More reviews by libralibra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My extremely oily lids have never had it this good. I tried so many others brands, including Laura Mercier, Benefit's FYE, Loreal, You name it, I've tried it. None of them worked for me. I thought I was doomed to walk around with oily, dark lids (from the mascara touching the greasy lids). I see why they packaged it in a genie bottle: it's magic and a miracle! And I actually do not wear eyeshadow. I brush it on and my lids look highlighted, like a young child's. But most important it controls the oil all day. UNBELIEVEABLE!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2006 3:09:00 PM More reviews by sher

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

MUA-ers are always right. You can count on the fact that when a product sweeps the makeup board by storm, it really is an amazing product. I was just putting up with my eyeshadow creasing, then I started wearing more loose mineral eyeshadows with no binders. These things do not last on me at all, so I was forced to look at primers. So, of course, with all the raves for UD PP (yep, it gets its own acronym on the MU board), I had to try it. Yes, it is amazing, and I have started wearing it daily. It keeps those loose mineral eyeshadows put, as well as any regular pressed eyeshadows as well. I kinda wish the tube was not opaque though; it would be nice to see how much is left in the container. That's the only thing I can think to complain about. Great product.