Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 10/4/2006 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Best 14 bucks ever spent! Love, Love, LOVE this product!! Keeps my es fresh all day long with no creases!

on 9/28/2006 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I finally bought this. I now can't believe I lived without it. I didn't have time for it today and my eyeshadow is totally gross; completely creased. Yuck! Never again will I forget my little genie.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

AMAZING!!!!!! I love soft shimmery eyeshadows, but by the end of the day, I usually have on line of shimmer, on the crease of eye!!! This stuff is like glue, but it won't tug on your eye and it goes on pretty invisibly. The wand makes it mess free, but I also use my finger to spread it more evenly. This with clinique color surge eyeshadows is awesome. Buy it!

on 9/27/2006 10:12:00 AM

LOVE THIS STUFF! Even got a few friends hooked. I've spent soo much money looking for shadows that don't turn yellow, fade, or crease, and with Potion Primer, I can wear the cheap stuff and it stays put and doesn't fade. This is DEFINITELY worth the money! And it's not expensive!

on 9/26/2006 4:00:00 AM

UDPP, oh how I love thee! When I use this, my eyeshadow stays perfect all throughout my 12 hour days at work. I also love how it will come right off with makeup remover...you don't have to scrub for ages to get it off! This is a definite keeper, and a must-have for any makeup bag!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I had to change my review after an unsettling discovery. The tube is not straight inside. A ton of product gets stuck in the curve of the bottle. I found this out when i sawed the bottle in half to discover i could fill a 5G jar with primer potion when i assumed it was empty. They really need to fix the packaging problem.

While i had a serious problem with the packaging, the product speaks for itself. It's the best eye shadow primer on the face of the planet. Sometimes i use MAC's paints and they just don't compare. UDPP just doesn't crease and my eyeshadow stays perfect until I take it off. An A+ product, but horrible packaging.

on 9/23/2006 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Wow, this is one of the best products I have EVER used. Not only does it work as an E/S primer but it's awesome as an undereye concealer/brightener that also holds eyeliner in place, plus it works as a lip primer too. That said, as a multi-tasker it is well worth the $14! It really keeps E/S in place even overnight or through a nap and it's the only one I've found to date that works w/cream E/S. If you buy one new item this year this is the one to grab!

on 9/23/2006 9:45:00 AM

Am so glad I bought this! I am a nurse and after coming home from the hospital one day last week, I was surprised to see that my eyeshadow was the only thing that HADN'T rubbed off my face! My only complaint is that it IS kind of hard to get your eyeliner to smudge good, but it does stay on. I don't know why either, but my mascara seems to look really good too. It's almost like some product gets on the base of the lashes and when I go to curl them, they "stand up" really nicely or something. Will definitely repurchase when I run out!

on 9/22/2006 11:29:00 AM

Love the primer potion! I used to use cream concealer on my eyelids before applying shadow but discovered the shadow would crease by the end of the day. I saw reviews for the primer potion and decided to give it a try. I am not disappointed. The bottle is really cute and the primer is super easy and convenient to use. My shadow stays put! It is pretty affordable considering the alternatives out there.

on 9/21/2006 3:05:00 PM

this product definitely makes your eyeshadow last. I am a full time student now and I don't really have time to check and see if my eyeshadow is smearing. when I use this in the morning, I KNOW my eyeshadow stays put all day long and I love that. It is even on late that night when I'm taking my makeup off. Now, that being said, if you use this product you will have to apply your eyeshadow in a different way than what you're used to because you can't really "blend" once your eyeshadow is on. It sticks the minute you put it on. To get around that, I lightly pat small amounts of eyeshadow on my eyelid in the exact place where I want it. for a smoky effect, I use the lightest shade everywhere except the area around my eyelashes, and then after that I lightly pat a small amount of darker eyeshadow around my eyelids and on top of the lighter shade. Note: remember if you do two layers of eyeshadow, only the bottom layer is going to last the longest - that's why I don't put very much dark on top of the light). I've found this gives it a "blended" look without having to blend, but it takes practice.

Video Reviews & Tutorials