Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 8/4/2006 2:08:00 PM

I just got this yesterday and I tried it on this morning. I was just wondering if this product was supposed to be so oily? It seems very thin in consistency and didn't seem to fully dry. It's been several hours now since I've had it on and when I touch my eyelids, they feel a little tacky. Is this normal?

on 8/2/2006 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

well wow !!

Im so glad i decided to spent the 14 dollarso n this
a little high in price for such a small containor.. i dont think the packaging is all the greatest u dont rally seem to get a lot but u dont have to use a lot

i work at ar ehab center and im constantly in my feet and i hardly ever get eaks and i tested this one day working a 16 hour shift.. i had MAC eyeshadow on top of this and o my gosh ! it stayed put all entire day !

i still have yet to do the smokey eye look but once i do i'll update !

on 7/31/2006 6:08:00 PM

I've been using this for over a month now. I really like it. I never had super oily lids or anything, but this was for me - more of a way to get my eyeshadows,etc. to POP! It does the job well. I had this on for over 20 hours one time..and it never budged. Works well on all my other eye products that I use. I have no problems getting it to blend and it does a great job of just by itself making the eye lid appear smooth and even. I will continue to purchase this. It will take me awhile to use this one, so I'm hoping that I get the use of the entire bottle, as I know some have posted that getting all out of the bottle is questionable. Two very enthusiastic thumbs up for Primer Potion! Get some...you'll love it!
Ingredients:
Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trihydroxystearin, Triethylhexanoin, Isopropyl Lanolate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Propylene Carbonate, Phenoxyethanol, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Methicone, Isobutylparaben

May Contain:
Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride)

on 7/31/2006 12:21:00 PM

I bought this product about a week ago and must agree with most of the other reviews...it's pretty great. I have very oily eyelids and my eyeshadow tends to crease, and then disappear almost completely a few hours after I apply it. Particularly with powder shadows, this primer keeps my eye makeup looking freshly applied all day long. I first tried it with some cream shadows and it did help them last longer, but with powder shadows...it's fabulous. I haven't noticed any problems with my eyelids looking wierd that some others have mentioned. It does make blending a little tougher, but not too bad. Would definitely buy this again.

on 7/28/2006 12:47:00 PM

So I bought this due to all the great reviews it was getting. I have to admit it works well. I can wear it all day and the eye makeup stays on. However I do agree with one previous review that it makes the eyelids look strange sometimes and that it gets hard to blend shadows. Another negative is that my eye doctor told me not to wear it anymore. I went to see him because I thought I had eye allergies and when he took a look he said both eyes were extremley irritated, most likely due to the primer. So I figure now I will only use it from time to time.

on 7/27/2006 7:07:00 PM

I am on my second tube of this, and I have to agree that it's good stuff. It holds eyeshadow like glue! My only complaints are that it sometimes makes shadows hard to blend, and it has a tendency to make my lids look a little crepey (which they really are not). However, the positives outweigh the negatives with this because it is the only primer I have tried that keeps my eyeshadow from creasing. The tube lasts a long time, so I have no problems with the price.

on 7/27/2006 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased this based on all of the excellent reviews here and I'm really glad I did! I have terribly oily skin and eyeshadow creases on me something awful. This stuff really does what it claims to do. Yes, blending can be a tiny bit trickier, but I really haven't noticed it to be an issue. The only thing I don't like is the packaging, the cream tends to goop up toward the top of the wand and get messy when you put it back in. Otherwise, I would definitely repurchase this and highly recommend to anyone looking for a nice eyeshadow base/primer - that WORKS.

on 7/27/2006 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

LOVE this stuff! I have oily skin and I'm a manicurist and I sweat when I do pedicures. This stuff is so amazing that I can work 8 hours and still not have a crease. My shadow doesn't move. One thing I do, though, is apply a little with the wand and work it in all over my lid with my finger. That way I don't have a line or a light base that you can see (on us black folk, hehehe).

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I was a little skeptical about this product at first but was amazed after I used it! I generally apply my eye-shadow wet so that it stays on longer. I tried using this and applying my shadow dry and it stayed on a long time! I got even better results applying my shadow wet over this and it stayed on the whole night! No creasing what-so-ever! It might be a little expensive but it's a really great product that does work.

on 7/26/2006 4:32:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

THE BEST PRIMER POTION EVER!!!! I bought this in early May and let me say that my eyeshadow last the whole day!!! It has been REALLY hot and humid here in So.Ca and the rest of my m/u might slide off but not my e/s. I wish the made this in a face potion. The only down side is the packaging. it's kinda expensive but consider how much you spend on e/s and to have them crease. A little goes a long way.

Video Reviews & Tutorials