Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 7/24/2006 2:24:00 PM

This does a fantastic job of keeping eyeshadow in place all day. However, I noticed too that it made eyeshadows harder to blend, and it can dry out the inner corners of my eyes. I like the wand application too.

Never thought a product could make my eyeshadow look this good and last so long. Before I started using this, my eyeshadow would begin to crease almost immediately and by the end of the day you couldn't even tell I was wearing eyeshadow. Now, my eyeshadow is smoother, brighter, and lasts forever. I just spent the whole day crying (ugh! men!) and miraculously, my eye makeup remains intact. My only complaint, as some reviewers mentioned, is that it is a bit difficult to blend shadows over this product (which isn't entirely bad, because it shows you that it's working). To counteract this problem, I just apply one of MAC's Paints over the UDPP, which makes the shadow easier to blend.

on 7/23/2006 8:31:00 PM

Does a good job for its purpose. Difficult to blend with good success. The color is more fabulous than ever and eyeshadow lasts longer without need to touch up. You also need less amount of shadow to get a much better effect. I think it's worth it, without a doubt.

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

This stuff does as it promises, which these days, is nearly enough to earn the 5 stars right there. NO creasing and vibrant color when this is used. However, as someone else said, it makes color stick and stay, so it DOES make it pretty difficult to blend shadows once applied. Still deserves the 5 stars to me as it is the best primer I have tried. Way better than MAC paints.

on 7/21/2006 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

There are just some products that are a must and this is definitely one of them! I have constantly battled with eyeshadow that creases or is barely noticeable by noontime.. but this light, invisible potion keeps my eyeshadow in place and brings out the true color all day long. It's a must have!

on 7/20/2006 5:54:00 PM

This stuff really is amazing and I would never have given it a second thought if I hadn't read all the reviews on MUA. I pretty much gave up on wearing any eyeshadow since it disappears after a couple hours or turns into a greasy mess (I have oily lids, a common problem I've noticed). Well I finally got the UD primer through a swap and let me tell you that I wish I found out about this stuff sooner. Not only does it keep my eyeshadow from moving, it makes it look more vibrant. Because I don't normally wear shadow I don't usually buy it, but I have some old ones laying around. I decided to try it out using one of my old "blah-coloured" shadows and it now looks amazing on my eyes. I've been wearing the primer for 10-12 hours the last few days and it really does hold up. It's almost too good to be true. The packaging isn't really to my taste, and I'm not a fan of sponge tip applicators. What I do is use a concealer brush to apply it, there's more control that way. I highly recommend this product.

on 7/20/2006 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

I came across this product because of Make Up Alley! It was getting such great reviews. So when my dance class was taking a field trip to Toronto Eatons Mall which has a Sephora I knew I HAD to get it! So went into to Sephora and guess what it was the last one on the shelf! They had two rows of it and all cleared out! It was 20 dollars Canadian plus tax! So quite expensive but it will last a very long time for me. Only use a little each time! I love the packaging. It works wonder not only does it not crease it also I find it makes your eyeshadow colours more truer. The colours are more vibrant! I love it.:):) UPdate: Still LOVE this product! Bought more. It lasts FOREVER:D Good little tip for everyone to know when you think you have used all of the product up cut open the bottle and there it tons of MORE product inside. At least there was for me! Amazing product!

on 7/18/2006 4:53:00 PM

I love the Primer Potion! I had used F.Y.Eye from Benefit for the past 2 years and while I like that, this is so much better! A sales associate from Sephora recommended it and it is wonderful. I have not had a single problem with it since I started using it and the packaging is just too cute not to buy it!

on 7/18/2006 2:22:00 AM

This is really just as good as everyone says it is. Absolutely the BEST primer I ever used. You have to be careful not to use too much. A little goes a long way. Too bad it's not available here in Holland so I have to get it off ebay and prices sometimes run up sky high there..

on 7/16/2006 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I never thought I would say this, but it is finally possible for me to wear eyeshadow and have it stay in place until I take it off! Even through heat, sweat, oiliness, water, etc!! If are prone to oily eyelids and that stinkin' creasy eyeshadow thing after only a couple of hours wearing it, this is the answer to your prayers. Some people might take off one lippie because you absolutely CANNOT blend once this stuff is set, but for a nice neutral single shadow there is no substitute. Hallelujiah!

Video Reviews & Tutorials