Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 8/30/2006 1:45:00 PM

This is the best stuff on earth. I feel like I just have to have it on to get any color out of my shadows. Not only does it glide on with out a mess but lasts all day long. I have super oily lids in the summer, and this holds true. I have a new best friend.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

OMG Bought this cause of the reviews here, its awesome. I have tried so many different primers with no luck. I have super oily skin, but my fave makeup to wear is eyeshadow, so Im always annoyed that within an hour of putting eyeshadow on its either gone or smudged into my crease-ick!
So I went out the day I read about this and its amazing, I can go through an entire 8 hr school day and honestly my eyeshadow is still in place. I do agree though it does make it difficult to blend, but thats easily overcome.
And I dont think it really makes the colors pop so I tend to apply more eyeshadow then normal just to get a vibrant color, but even with these 2 flaws this is worth it, especially if you have oily skin and have problems with e/s staying on

on 8/29/2006 10:02:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This product works very well. My shadow looks amazing, even after it's been on for several hours. Makes eyeshadows brighter, & they never crease!

on 8/28/2006 2:27:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

If you want to see how this product works go to Ulta, dot a little on your hand, blend it in with your finger blow on it, then put some of the urban decay shadow on that same spot. On your other hand put the same shadow . The hand with the primer and shadow is more vibrant! Now when you go to wash it off, the side with the primer also holds better. It does however wash off easy with some soap and water. I also liked this product because a little goes a long way. You dont have to smear it all over your lids, just dot it on and blend lightly with your finger. Its invisible! The shape of the bottle is good. Inside it is a straight bottle so the primer does not get stuck in the corners. Better than the little pots of primer because less bacteria gets transfered. For 15 bucks.. It was worth it!

on 8/26/2006 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Shadows always, always crease on me, but not with UDPP. Even alone, it gives my eyes a brighter, smoother look. Definitely worth the money.

on 8/25/2006 5:04:00 PM

Believe the hype! This stuff is truly amazing when applied correctly. I just dot a small amount into the creases of my lids and then blend with my finger and wait a minute before applying my shadow. My shadow stays put all day until I wash it off. I don't have to use eye makeup remover either- just my usual Cetaphyl and it comes right off. My shadow stays vibrant all dy long without creasing EVER!

on 8/25/2006 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I resisted purchasing the UDPP for several months (even though many people said how great it was) because of how disturbingly ugly the packaging was. I finally broke down and bought a tube. Even though I applied only a thin layer, it made my eyes feel as if I had stretched the skin tight and applied a layer of Elmer's or Super glue all over my lid. I had to make sure not to open my eyes all the way for at least 15 minutes after I applied it or the upper and lower parts of my top lid would have stuck together. It made eyeshadow (minerals) nearly impossible to apply, move, or blend - even when I tried applying quite a bit more color than usual. My eyelids felt creepy all day long. I couldn't wait to wash my eyes even though I frequently sleep in my eye makeup. I would never buy this again. I can't wait to get my money back.

on 8/23/2006 7:42:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

best e/s primer ever! sometimes i go days w/o it if i'm in a rush but it's never the same. my e/s really stays put all day long with primer potion. i've tried the too faced 2nd base primer and isn't nearly as good as this one. the wand is nice & soft, too, for easy application. i <3 <3 <3 this stuff. it is a hot item and i've never had any luck buying them at an actual store...thank goodness for the intersnet.

on 8/23/2006 2:26:00 AM

Um, amazing product. The eyeshadow stays put all day and night when I use this primer. What a great purchase! I used to use Clinique's touch base for eyes, but this dries out if the packaging isn't closed oh so tightly and does not work as well.

on 8/22/2006 6:21:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Ok, this is the BEST PRODUCT EVER for girls with oily eyelids. Before I had this stuff by the end of the day all of my eyeshadow would be in one line in my crease with none to be found on my eyelid where it's supposed to be. But now I don't worry about that at all because my eyeshadow stays on all day and doesn't crease one bit!!! At the end of the day my shadow looks nearly as good as when i put it on. The only drawback is the dumb packaging it comes in, but i can definitely overlook that because it does such an amazing job.

Video Reviews & Tutorials