Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Well, I officially like this better than Bare Canvas. Not only does it blend very easily and last forever, but my eyes are not allergic to it! I do have a love/hate thing with the applicator. I mean, its a pain but you can use it to keep the product sanitary if you do the following:

Use a concealor brush to wipe enough product off of the applicator for both eyes and then use the brush to apply onto eyes. Wash the brush every day so that nothing but the clean brush touches the applicator.

Love this stuff! My eye shadow always vanished within an hour or so, now it stays looking great all night!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Just a quick review for a truly amazing product. This really holds your eyeshadow without budging for 12 hours. But a warning! Because it mattifies your eyes, you'll find that you'll need much less shadow!

What's great too is that you don't "feel" it on. Now if Urban Decay came out with a face primer that did the same....

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I can't express in words how much I LOVE this product! I have super oily skin and every shadow I've ever owned creases on my lids like crazy. Not anymore! I should have tried this product a long time ago. It is awesome!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This is definitely a new staple of mine. It's been permanently added to the routine. I have nothing really new to say except agree with most of the reviewers here. (Although I think the reviewer below me got a spoiled one or something, because mine was smooth and blended easily.) As a devout follower of the smokey eye (I do one everyday), this is a must for me. This product can withstand my oily, oily, oily eyelids. I once thought that the nasty crease was something that I had to live with, a negative but necessary consequence of wearing eyemakeup. No longer! Go and get yourself one, you do need this stuff!

I just got this primer for Christmas and its not as good as you all are making it out to be, at least not for me... Before trying this product I had been using MAC's Prep and Prime eye. So after reading all the good reviews on here, I went out and got some... Christmas day I tried it out and it stunk! It was all clumpy and didn't blend into my eye at all. Then it dried and you could still see the color of it. So I though thats how it was supposed to be and I continued with my make up. I did one eye and got annoyed with it. I couldn't even blend my MAC shadows on my lid, it looks gross! Not only did it look really bad, but the colors weren't as vibrant as they ALWAYS are when using my usual Prep and Prime eye. So I ended up wiping it off and doing my eye make up over using my MAC primer, which goes on nice and smooth and blends into the eye. Also with the MAC primer, colors go on and actually blend.. I did not like the Primer Potion at all and will be returning it as soon as I get back to a Sephora...
~Lindsay

I agree, best primer I've ever used. The only creasing I get is if I use something that's all shimmer, such as stila kitten or a light dusting of Bobbi Brown shimmerbrick, and even then it's quite minimal. I love the way primer potion looks on my lids even without eyeshadow, it brightens my skin a little (NW20) and completely keeps oil away for around 13 or 14 hours. My only complaint is that it definitely makes blending more difficult; I have a hard time doing a sheer smoky wash when I use this, but still it's rather worth it to not have any creasing. The blending problem is minimized if I either dust loose translucent powder over the primer potion before eyeshadow, or if I mix a little translucent powder with the eyeshadow to help sheer it. I highly recommend using this under the eye when doing smoky liner to keep it from migrating down the face. Huge rave though, definitely worth tracking down a tube- the price is beyond reasonable.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hands down best eye primer I've ever tried. It took me a while to get around to trying it, but I should have done so sooner! Not too dry, not too thick, not too expensive, and not too pink! (I have a slightly olive complexion, so that's an issue for me.) I honestly think that it would look great on almost any skin tone because it blends so well. If you haven't tried it yet, buy some!

Works like a charm!! I do find though, if I want to blend various shadows, that I'm best off applying a base coat of something like BE Well-Rested or Bisque over the UDPP first. I have absolutely no creasing when using this...previously, I was using MAC Paint in Bare Canvas but this works better for me (although I still love you, MAC!!). This keeps me non-waterproof liners intact quite nicely too...highly recommend this!

Fantastic product as you probably already know. My lids aren't that oily, but I was impressed by the lasting power & color vibrancy nonetheless. I put on a very small amount of UDPP and wore some UD eye shadows with some glitter in them at about 10am. Then I went through the whole day, even took a 3 hour nap, went drinking, etc., and at 1am my eyeshadow was still on, glitter and all (although some fell off obviously. Damn you UD messy glitter eyeshadows!). Of course, it was not 100% as fresh as it was at 10am, but still presentable & pretty damn good! It was really easy to use; you just massage it into your lids like lotion, and really eay to wash off. I'd definitely repurchase if I ever run out.

Video Reviews & Tutorials