Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 8/28/2006 2:27:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

If you want to see how this product works go to Ulta, dot a little on your hand, blend it in with your finger blow on it, then put some of the urban decay shadow on that same spot. On your other hand put the same shadow . The hand with the primer and shadow is more vibrant! Now when you go to wash it off, the side with the primer also holds better. It does however wash off easy with some soap and water. I also liked this product because a little goes a long way. You dont have to smear it all over your lids, just dot it on and blend lightly with your finger. Its invisible! The shape of the bottle is good. Inside it is a straight bottle so the primer does not get stuck in the corners. Better than the little pots of primer because less bacteria gets transfered. For 15 bucks.. It was worth it!

on 8/26/2006 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Shadows always, always crease on me, but not with UDPP. Even alone, it gives my eyes a brighter, smoother look. Definitely worth the money.

on 8/25/2006 5:04:00 PM

Believe the hype! This stuff is truly amazing when applied correctly. I just dot a small amount into the creases of my lids and then blend with my finger and wait a minute before applying my shadow. My shadow stays put all day until I wash it off. I don't have to use eye makeup remover either- just my usual Cetaphyl and it comes right off. My shadow stays vibrant all dy long without creasing EVER!

on 8/25/2006 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I resisted purchasing the UDPP for several months (even though many people said how great it was) because of how disturbingly ugly the packaging was. I finally broke down and bought a tube. Even though I applied only a thin layer, it made my eyes feel as if I had stretched the skin tight and applied a layer of Elmer's or Super glue all over my lid. I had to make sure not to open my eyes all the way for at least 15 minutes after I applied it or the upper and lower parts of my top lid would have stuck together. It made eyeshadow (minerals) nearly impossible to apply, move, or blend - even when I tried applying quite a bit more color than usual. My eyelids felt creepy all day long. I couldn't wait to wash my eyes even though I frequently sleep in my eye makeup. I would never buy this again. I can't wait to get my money back.

on 8/23/2006 7:42:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

best e/s primer ever! sometimes i go days w/o it if i'm in a rush but it's never the same. my e/s really stays put all day long with primer potion. i've tried the too faced 2nd base primer and isn't nearly as good as this one. the wand is nice & soft, too, for easy application. i <3 <3 <3 this stuff. it is a hot item and i've never had any luck buying them at an actual store...thank goodness for the intersnet.

on 8/23/2006 2:26:00 AM

Um, amazing product. The eyeshadow stays put all day and night when I use this primer. What a great purchase! I used to use Clinique's touch base for eyes, but this dries out if the packaging isn't closed oh so tightly and does not work as well.

on 8/22/2006 6:21:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Ok, this is the BEST PRODUCT EVER for girls with oily eyelids. Before I had this stuff by the end of the day all of my eyeshadow would be in one line in my crease with none to be found on my eyelid where it's supposed to be. But now I don't worry about that at all because my eyeshadow stays on all day and doesn't crease one bit!!! At the end of the day my shadow looks nearly as good as when i put it on. The only drawback is the dumb packaging it comes in, but i can definitely overlook that because it does such an amazing job.

on 8/22/2006 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Awesome! I have always had problems with my eyeshadow creasing or wearing off from my oily skin. This product has stopped all of that. I can wear any of my shadows all day and they look just as good as when I applied them in the morning!

on 8/22/2006 12:02:00 PM

My HG! Been using it for a year or so now, and I love it. Doesn't change the color of my shadow, and it won't crease or run even in 100+ degrees. A tube will last a long time, I just wish UD made this in travel sizes as well so I could carry it easily. A must try!!

on 8/20/2006 12:26:00 PM

Thanks MUA for heads up on this great product. I love the way my eyes look when I apply eyeshadow, but hours later it disappears. Yesterday I bought this primer and put it on under the eye shadow and I was amazed that the makeup stayed on until I took it off at night. Wish I had known about this years ago!

Video Reviews & Tutorials