Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Wow - I can't say enough about this product. I have oily skin, which of course gives way to oily eye lids, and I've been SEARCHING for a primer to maintain my eye shadow and liner through the entire work day. This is perfect! My advice to you - a little goes a long way. I've found that if I accidentally apply too much of the "potion," then it clumps and makes it difficult to ultimately remove (and also to apply my eyeliner). I agree with previous reviews - there should be better instructions in terms of how to use the product. However, it works beautifully - my eyes look pristine through the wee hours of the morning! This has become a staple for me!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have extremely oily eyelids, and this is hands down the best eyeshadow primer I have ever used. Other products I have tried include: Mary Kay Triple Action Eye Enhancer, Mary Kay Eye Primer, Illuminaire All Day Eye Color in Cafe Latte, Origins Underwear for Lids, and Clinique Touch Base in Canvas. Most recenly I have been using MAC Paints, and I was fairly satisfied, since they gave me 10 hours of crease-free wear. But UDPP lasts 12 hours. It's one of those few products that actually is worth all the hype. My eyelids are so oily that I'm amazed by these people who claim UDPP keeps their shadow perfect overnight, but still, 12 hours is enough for most days. I haven't had any problems with UDPP reducing shadow blendability. I make sure I use a very thin layer. Then I brush MAC Blot Powder over top. Finally, I apply my liner (MAC Fluidline) and my shadow, and everything blends together just fine. I also like to use UDPP on days when I'm not wearing shadow because it keeps my lids from feeling heavy with oil for 12 hours. I put off trying UDPP for a long time because it is hard for me to get ahold of. I either have to order it or drive an hour and half to the nearest city. But it's definitely worth such inconvenience, and I will purchase it again and again. Ingredients: Isodecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium, Hectorite, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Triethylhexanoin, Isopropyl Lanolate, Sorbitan, Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Propylene Carbonate, Phenoxyethanol, Beeswax, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Methicone, Isobutylparaben. May Contain: Mica, Titatnium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride. continued >>

Eye shadow primer...now that's what I'm talking about!! If you ever look up 'eye shadow primer' in the dictionary, UD Primer Potion's picture should be listed there!
Every e/s primer I've ever tried before was thick and coated the lid so heavily that it made e/s application uneven and difficult. No so here! Very thin and silky formula that glides on and leaves the lid area smoothed and doesn't fall into lines. I lightly dust a bit of loose powder across the primer just to eliminate any drag w/ e/s application. Eyeshadow stays in place...no creasing!...and color stays strong and true ALL DAY! even in the summer heat!
A dream come true!! Definite repurchase!! =)

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

unfortunately for me, this has irritated my eyes EVERY time i've worn it. it most definitely makes my shadow last, but at the cost of runny irritated eyes... just not worth it.

I can't believe I haven't written a review for this yet. This is my all time favorite beauty product in the world! It's honestly the one thing I would spend money on if I could only buy one beauty item per month. I've tried all kinds of eye primers (MAC, Benefit, Smashbox, Too Faced, etc) and nothing comes close to this. All the others claim to increase the wear of your shadows but the biggest differences with the UDPP is that you not only have your shadow last all day, it DOES NOT crease, it does not budge and intensifies the pigment in your eyeshadow (I'm talking even drugstore brands). If you ever have the chance, put a bit of this primer potion on your hand (enough so you can still see it because it is translucent) and let it dry. You'll see how much staying power it has when you try to wash it off. I use it every day and it lasts me about 4 to 5 months since you only need a bit of it. Love it!
P.S. The only person who might not love this is someone with EXTREMELY dry, flaky lids.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This stuff ROCKS!! I've always loved UD eyeshadows,so I bought the Primer Potion for my New Years party.I have the OILIEST lids in the history of the world,and this stuff kept my eyeshadow looking as fresh as when I first applied!Lasted all night long,even the day after!Plus the cute little purple genie bottle it comes in is ADORABLE!Awesome stuff!

I love this primer!! My eyeshadow lasts all day (and night) without having to reapply anything. Wonderful, wonderful stuff and have (and will continue to) purchase it!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

If I don't use this stuff before I apply any shadow, I know to expect half my shadow to be worn off in a few hours. UDPP is awesome. Completely worth the money even if it does smell a little like cat pee to me. It goes on my eyes, it's not like I have to put it up my nose, so...

A good product, needs better instructions for its use than what it has on the bottle. Essentially, you take the "magic wand" out, swipe it over your eye, rub it all over with your finger, and put on your eye makeup. It will make heavily pigmented things STICK to your EYE like NOBODYS BUSINESS. Example: One layer of UDPP, one layer of UD Grafitti Deluxe Eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, blahblah. Long story short, Even though I showered, I had applied the grafitti wet, and it was STILL ON after my shower. THAT is how much staying power is in this little tube. WIN. Minus one lippie for being too damned expensive for the little amount you get. It's a must have, hands down.

I had been wanting to try this forever, but I was waiting to finish the MAC paint I had been using as a primer. Well the UD Primer Potion is hands down in a category of its own! With the paint I still had a little creasing and fading. With the Primer Potion my shadow had never looked brighter or lasted longer. This stuff is really amazing. Friends have actually commented at how long my shadow lasts after a long day of work when I don't have to touch it up at all! The one tiny downside is that I have to try a little harder to blend my shadows together and the Primer Potion makes them adhere to the lid instantly. But it's a small price to pay for all day wear and increased color payoff.

Video Reviews & Tutorials