July 29, 2014 | 1810 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2006 8:44:00 PM More reviews by pocky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Not that anyone will ever see this but I just had to rewrite my second review. Turns out it was my contact solution that was irritating my eyes so I can use PP again. It's fantastic!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2006 1:08:00 AM More reviews by ab7905

This is a must-have whenever I use eyeshadow. What's the point of putting on eyeshadow if its not going to stay on like it should!! I love this stuff :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2006 11:25:00 PM More reviews by kjhshorty

I love this stuff! It is a girl's best friend, I swear! The way I apply it is take the primer thats stuck on the side of the wand with my finger and rub it into my eyelids, and then put on my eyeshadow. My eyeshadow really stays! One time I even washed my face after putting this and my eyeshadow on, and my e/s was still on afterwards! The only downside is that I've heard that when you think you've ran out, theres really tons left if you remove the plastic ring.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2006 8:52:00 PM More reviews by chackofied

I like this a lot! I run around a lot due to work but my eyeshadow colour still stays vibrant at the end of the day.

The downside though is that because it makes the colour stay, it's pretty difficult to wash off my eye makeup.

UDPP is not available locally in Singapore so i have to get it from Sephora. Price isn't cheap especially after including shipping.

The package is the cutest thing!! But the wand makes it difficult to scoop to last bit at the bottom. It should be made squeezable instead of a wand and this should come in a bigger package.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2006 8:35:00 PM More reviews by valleychic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE this product. I too am a member of the oil slick eyelids club and this is the only product that has ever worked for me. My eyeshadow looks just as good by 5:00 pm as it did at 7:00 a.m. when I first put it on. I haven't had any problems with blending like some reviewers and I find the packaging very cute. I haven't had a problem getting the product out with the wand. This is absolutely holy grail material. I will repurchase because I never intend to be without this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2006 5:27:00 PM More reviews by Daredash2006

With oily lids that I have, I had to do all those crazy, time consuming things to try to preserve e/s in place for at least 2 hours! The best result I have ever gotten was with Mac Bare Paints, but even that creased after a while. I couldn't wear any creme e/s, and I loved their texture and vibrancy so much!
I bought the potion without much hope and was surprised at the small size of it. I hope UD will make it bigger and more accesible, maybe, squeezable, instead of wand. That day was a success, and I could not believe how fresh and accurate my e/s looked at the end of it. I tried it with creme and powder e/s, and it works equally well. I would say that creme is preferable, because the potion is drying quite fast and is a bit hard to blend on, but makes a perfect neutral base on its own, too. I definately would buy it again. Thanks, Smiles4c!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2006 1:33:00 PM More reviews by beautyobsessed

After reading such great reviews (and me always having a problem with my eyeshadow creasing ..ugh!) I went out and picked up the Primer potion. I really love this product. It makes my eye makeup look true to its color, and the application great! I have oily skin, so my lids ALWAYS look like crap at the end of the day-oily, separated, creased eyelids. Now my eye makeup looks fresh and beautiful. Now I know the trick of great looking eye makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2006 4:30:00 PM More reviews by watch

holy CRAP this is awesome. i fell ASLEEP and i woke up and my eyeshadow was still there, just as it was before i'd fallen asleep, and NO creasing. and this was like ten hours after applying! don't know how i lived without this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2006 10:40:00 PM More reviews by kobemax

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

THIS STUFF WORKS!!!! REALLY!! Use this primer, and like magic NO eyeshadow creasing. Provides a nice matte, nude canvas for your eyeshadow. Eyeshadow colours stay true, does not intensify or alter colours. Even when I was really bad and slept in my make up, the eyeshadow still was on and looked good in the morning (of course the rest of me looked like a melting wax museum). The famous MAC Paints in Untitled also works as far as preventing creasing. However, it has a dryer texture which slightly emphasizes the crepey texture of my 47 year-old eyelids. I will be trying the Laura Mercier Eye Basics next as I am still looking for a nude primer with more coverage than the UD Primer Potion. One that I can wear alone with mascara and lipstick for a polished natural look. I find that nude colour of the UD Primer Potion is very sheer, like a sheer foundation. Nonetheless, far as it's primary purpose in preventing eyeshadow creasing, THIS STUFF WORKS!!!! REALLY!!

Note re the packaging. I dropped my tube on the tile floor of the bathroom, and astoundingly it broke! The tube cracked in half all around the bulbous part of the genie in a bottle inspired tube. It looks like a mascara tube, no brand of which have ever broken on me despite regularly dropping them on the floor. Now this is a major inconvenience & expense. In western Canada, one must order UD Primer Potion online from Sephora, it is $14.00 US plus 9.95 US delivery, which works out to $29.95 CDN, very expensive. It is such a great product that I will re-order, however.
Forgot to say that this stuff really grabs the eyeshadow, to make it easier to blend I very lightly dust my face powder brush over the lids, this does the trick and the eyeshadow goes on smoothly. Also, make sure to moisturize the eyelid area first,letting it sink in, then apply apply the UDPP, I think this helps prevent any crepeyness. And always let the UDPP dry before applying face powder very sparingly, then eyeshadow. Sounds like a lot of work but actually once you get your routine going it is very quick.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2006 12:18:00 AM More reviews by Shmabby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Holy Primer Potion Batman! A product that does what it says it will do! I've never considered using a primer on my lids, but I bought it today and it was amazing how well my make-up stayed. It always creases, but not anymore! Huh, will wonders never cease....