April 18, 2014 | 1829 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2006 7:57:00 PM More reviews by princess_toasted_marshmal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my new HG. Not only does it keep all my shadows on for forever, but it really intensifies all my UD shadows and even helps the glitter to stick! Therefore, if you are a fan of them it is MANDATORY you get tris. Actually, no matter what you wear, get it anyway. It's THAT good. I will be buying it until the end of time.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2006 11:34:00 AM More reviews by dreadpiraterika

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product really does give eye shadows great staying power - my eyeshadow even lasted an eight hour work day and an hour long (VERY SWEATY) work out. The downside: it ages my eyelids by making them look papery and wringly. I don't know if I'm applying it incorrectly, but it happens almost every time, hence the four lippies rather than five. I would still purchase again, however, because I don't like reapplying and I think I'm probably the only person who notices the weird wringkly eyelid effect. Most people don't look at my eyes from half an inch away, after all.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2006 4:39:00 PM More reviews by pennylane17

It really works. My eyeshadow has never stayed on this long before. Usually after a couple hours it is falling off, but with PP it lasts all day. The trick is to wait until it dries before applying eye color. The packaging could be better. I always use my finger instead of the wand. For $14, it would also be nice to get a little more product. But overall, I love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2006 11:41:00 AM More reviews by CWHF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best eye primer ever. In the past I've used Benefit F.Y.Eye and MAC Paints as primers and this is the clear winner by a landslide. After washing my face and letting my moisturizer with SPF and eye cream (below eyes) soak in, I apply a few swipes on the lids, blend in with my fingers and a quick swipe of a fluffy brush. I then let it dry for 5-10 minutes and apply my shadow (or MAC shadestick or paint). My eyeshadow does not move, it does not crease. The BF accuses me of reapplying my makeup when I get home it looks so good. I have even forgotten to take off my makeup and done a hard sweaty gym workout---makeup still in place and looking good amazingly. I can't rave enough about it. The only thing that would make it even better would be if it were in a dispenser that you could squeeze a bit on a finger tip and apply to lid rather than the sponge applicator but that's a minor quibble. BTW I'm a GGG/CCC (caramel cutie!) and this doesn't look ashy at all, it just blends in to nothingness and serves as the perfect base.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2006 7:37:00 PM More reviews by dla1027

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Over the last couple of years, I've noticed that I've had a lot more problems getting eyeshadow to stay on my lids and after seeing all the raves on MUA, I had to try this. Before my e/s would be creasing and looking awful after 3 or 4 hours, but now I can get about 10 hours before it starts to look oily and even then it doesn't look terrible. My e/s used to collect in the crease horribly after a few hours but now it doesn't. Even though I don't quite get the 12-14 hour wear that others were getting, it's still an excellent product for me and worth the $14.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2006 6:37:00 PM More reviews by SnowQueen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

There are a few tricks to know about UDPP. You have to let it dry first before applying shadow over it. If you don't let it dry, it won't last all day.
I love this product. Goes on sheer and lasts all day.
The bottle is decieving. When you start to run low, or you think you are running low with the product, take the liner out of the bottle. (Take tweezers or small pliers and pull out on the clear ring at the mouth of the bottle.) When you get that out, the wand can reach the bottom better and the sides as well. You will be amazed at how much product is left.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2006 7:23:00 PM More reviews by kaori_k

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

UD's Primer Potion is one of my must-haves! Normally, most eye shadows wear off my lid by the end of the day. After applying Primer Potion, my eye makeup stays perfect and vibrant long into the night. I've tried several other eye bases and this one is definitely the longest-lasting!

Primer Potion comes in a slim bottle with a sponge wand applicator. I find it best to not bother with the sponge wand and use my finger for the most even coverage. It goes on smooth and velvety. I've never had a problem applying or blending my shadows on top of it. However, MAC's Shadesticks sometimes don't glide on as smoothly at first - I think it just has to do with the texture of the two coming together.

My only complaint about the Primer Potion is that you can't really tell how much is inside, and I feel like maybe they could have put a little more in the bottle. Otherwise, I highly recommend it! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2006 7:50:00 PM More reviews by PattyG

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am jumping on the Rave Bandwagon on this product. I have had it on since 7 this morning and there is no creasing, no oiliness, and no smudging. I am VERY impressed with this product. I will definitely purchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2006 5:49:00 PM More reviews by buckheadbecky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I can't believe that this stuff got negative reviews! I have very oily lids and didn't believe that anything would help keep my e/s looking fresh. This primer is fantastic! I took it on a trip to Florida, thinking that if it could stand up to the humidity, I'd be astonished. After a day at a theme park, several car rides and a long flight back, I looked in the mirror, and &*)! My e/s looked like I had just applied it! I've been using it every day since and consider this my latest HG find.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2006 8:00:00 PM More reviews by ginghampop

Clearly this has a huge devoted following of satisfied customers. So much so that I'm actually a bit afraid to admit I'm not at all one of them, that it failed me. The opaque purple genie-esque tube, while cute, is inconvenient for me b/c I'd prefer to see how much product is left as I'm using it.

But more importantly, it felt too sparse on my lids and was dry, chalky, streaky, patchy and very unblendable. UD Primer Potion went and stayed on unevenly no matter how much or little I put on; and despite my best efforts to apply and blend it with my finger, the included sponge-tip wand, a brush or a combination of the 3. When I tried putting e/s on top of it, the shadow went on as patchy and uneven as the base under it was.

I ended up giving this unsuccessful purchase to my IRL friend who turned out to be the fellow MUA'r lotusfairy. Since then she's spoken very highly of it, describing how well it's worked for her. As for me... One of the now d/ced Flaming 5 Mini-Lipgunk Sets and Shimmer/Sparkle Sets, Ink in Naked, Lip Gunk in Shifty, Lingerie & Galoshes For Lashes... I rather like UD, however, out of my purchases from it, only the shimmer-shadows and Skyscraper Mascara in Gotham haven't disappointed me. I now have to toss UDPP onto the pile of products by this brand that have. continued >>