Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/1/2006 8:56:00 PM

This stuff is amazing! I used it for a wedding last summer and my eye makeup did not budge. I've been hooked on it ever since!
I have hard enough time keeping my eye makeup on regular days, let alone on hot humid days....

on 11/1/2006 4:34:00 AM

a 5/5 product. Can't be without it. cute packaging. started my obsession with UD. their eyeshadows with this is love. lasts until I take it off at night. This works with all of my eyeshadows, whatever brand they may be. Some days, or sometimes entire seasons, I have lids that get a little oily. Before udpp I'd go without shadow, for fear of creasing or the fact that it would disappear in an hour or two anyway, especially a cute light shadow. Now I don't have to. One of my few HG products. I could try other shadow primers, but I don't need to waste my time.

on 10/31/2006 12:53:00 PM

This is the only primer that I've used that actually keeps my e/s on all day! I don't even need to do a mid day touchup when I use this. LOVE IT!

on 10/30/2006 5:33:00 PM

I have always had trouble with getting my eye shadow to stay on - no matter what type. This stuff worked great. My makeup finally stays on all day and comes off at night with no problem. I also have sensative skin and eyes and the product did not irritate them at all!

on 10/30/2006 6:30:00 AM

I'm sure there's a shadow base this good for cheaper, but I'm too lazy to look. It keeps whatever eye look I'm wearing in place until I take it off, which can be 12-14 hours. I think I'd rather it came in a little squeezable tube, since I just pat it on with my fingertips anyway.

on 10/26/2006 8:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

What would I do without this magic potion? I have deep set eyes, and it's the only thing that keeps my shadow and liner from disappearing rather quickly. I have dry 46 y.o. skin, but my eyelids are oily, for some reason. THANK YOU, UD!!!

on 10/24/2006 8:39:00 PM

I finally got this product and I love it! A little goes a long way, it will last forever! The package is so cute too =)

on 10/21/2006 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is GOOD. I did shimmery, smokey eyes for a big party, and this stuff kept my eye makeup looking great alllll night (and I mean until morning...it was one of those nights where I passed out with my makeup on, oops). Anyway, when I woke up I basically looked like a hungover zombie except for my eye makeup, which still looked terrific! (Hopefully I won't do that very often, but this is a testament to the power of this product). $14 is kind of expensive but it really does work, and it makes even my cheap eyeshadows stay put and look great for a long time, even through sweaty dancing (at a party or at a rehearsal)! The potion bottle packaging is, well, sort of silly I think but I get the concept, and the packaging is functional and doesn't leak so I really don't care what it looks like. Good stuff!
UPDATE: I STILL cannot believe how freakin' great this is. Buy it immediately.

on 10/20/2006 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I agree with everybody else here...this stuff is AWESOME!!!
I've tried Bobbi Brown, Benefit, Lauder, Lancome, Bare Escentuals...the list goes on. Nothing compares to this. I have oily eyelids and I had actually given up on wearing eyeshadow because it looks like crap by lunchtime. Then a SA at Sephora recommended it. YAY!!!!!!!!!!! (love that store!)

on 10/20/2006 6:25:00 PM

What it is:

Eye shadow primer/base

The Claim:

Packaged in a precious, genie-like bottle, Eyeshadow Primer Potion is an ultra-sheer, totally nude eye base that glides on with the wave of a wand and then disappears instantly. It's the ultimate eye prep for smoother, longer-lasting, crease-proof eyeshadow.

To use:

Apply and let dry before putting on your favorite eyeshadow shades, for dazzling eye looks that stay put.

Price:$15 (recent price raise of $1) for 0.34 fl. oz./10 ml of product

Ingredients:

Ingredients:
Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trihydroxystearin, Triethylhexanoin, Isopropyl Lanolate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Propylene Carbonate, Phenoxyethanol, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Methicone, Isobutylparaben

May Contain:

Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride)

This is hands down the best eye shadow primer that I've ever used.

I love that it only takes the thinnest layer over my lids to hold on eye makeup and keep it true to color.
This stuff acts like an eyeshadow magnet, brings out the vivaciousness of the color, keeps my eye makeup lasting over 10 hours straight, and keeps it from creasing.
That's quite a feat for my very oily eyelids in a very humid climate.

It goes on completely nude, so that it doesn't interefere with the color of eye makeup like some primers do.

One bottle lasts quite a while; I get mine to last 7+ months with near daily use. It takes one swipe on each eyelid from the wand when opened, and when it starts to run low, I pull the plastic neck liner out. This lets me get deeper into the bottle and I get over one month more use of this product.

I swipe a little onto each eyelid, smooth and pat it over my skin with quick, light feathery strokes. I use just enough to thinly coat each eye. Too much, and it will crease.

Some users seem to have a problem blending their eye makeup on over this, but I let it set about 15 seconds, and haven't had that problem.

I also like to use it on the lower lash line to hold color, as well as a lip primer or on the lip line in lieu of a lip liner.
When I use it all over my lips, I do apply a small amount of moisturizing balm first.

I gave it a two for price, three for packaging because it could be packaged to better get out all of the product easily, and an overall five.
I would definitely purchase again, as this is my holy grail eye primer. continued >>

Video Reviews & Tutorials