Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 12/11/2006 3:04:00 AM

I resisted this for a long, long time... I had other primers that seemed to work just fine. Why fix it if it ain't broke, right? Then I got this from a lovely MUAer. At first, it was bleh. Gals on the makeup board suggested I "swish, twirl & dip" the applicator, apply very thinly. Well, this worked. It's a fabulous primer. It really is.

My only beef is the packaging. I mean, it's cute. But my first tube burst at a seam on the bottom, and primer potion was all over everything. Also, with the shape of the packaging, there's a lot of product that gets wasted because the applicator can't get to it. UD apparenly claims the tube walls are *straight* on the inside; I know first hand that this is not the case.

All in all, an excellent product that I will repurchase.

on 12/9/2006 10:09:00 PM

This primer is incredible! I bought it on The Beauty Addict's recommendation and I'm soooo impressed. It goes on so smooth, requires very little, doesn't go on chalky and pale, makes my eyeshadow colors truer and keeps them and my liner IN PLACE. Not a budge. I love this stuff.

on 12/9/2006 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

You can add my name to the list of believers! This stuff is great. I am not an eyeshadow fanatic, I think I own maybe 10 shadows, but everyone who wears shadow needs this product. It feels silky & smooth. My eyeshadow looks better & wears longer with this underneath. The color looks truer and does not budge or crease. I only wish the full-size tube looked like the sample tube, which is simple & cute. But this is very good. It's really easy to see why everyone else likes it!

on 12/8/2006 11:53:00 AM

I've never used a primer before but was compelled to buy this after reading all the reviews. Yesterday I applied it at 9:00am and it lasted until 2:00am with no creases and looking like I have just applied the eyeshadow!

I just put the primer over my foundation, let it dry for a few minutes; then brush on my eyeshadow.

My only complaint is that the packaging is a little too kitschy for me.

EDIT: I would also like to add that it works better for tradition eyeshadows. I used it this morning with my Bare Minerals eyeshadow and found it very hard to blend.

on 12/4/2006 10:02:00 PM

I have to go with the overwhelming majority and say this product is awesome! I have never, never had powder eyeshadow last more than an hour, and those days are over! This is a serious miracle product. Whoever invented this is a genius! All I can say is bless them! I am just beyond impressed with this product. The price is great too, because I have spent loads more on quality shadows hoping the quality would help the lasting power. Just a personal FYI don't be skimpy with the product. The first time I applied, I scraped the excess of the applicator like I do with any product like this. Anyhow, the shadow did not last. But, the next time I just applied a dot on each lid (evenly applied of course) and my eyeshadow lasted all day. Truly faboo!

on 12/2/2006 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Love this! I have Asian eyes, so the upper eyelid nearly covers the crease entirely. This means that without a primer my eyeshadow just moves into the crease line within 2 hours of application.

Using the UDPP this creasing is reduced by 95%? I doubt any primer except super glue can make my shadows creaseless 100% due to my eye structure, so I definitely recommend this product 100%.

As a bonus it does make your eyeshadow colours more vibrant. I did a swatch test where I swiped some eyeshadow over primed and unprimed area, and the difference was clear even in fluroscent light.

on 12/2/2006 4:39:00 PM

Just adding another data point - this product is as awesome as everyone says it is.

on 12/1/2006 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Where has this been all my life? If not for MUA reviews, I would never had seeked this out. Have tried using foundation or concealer to prime my eyes for shadow, have also tried seemingly endless "primer specific" products (most recently, Laura Mercier, Lumene...the list goes on.) Nothing has really helped even the most pricey of shadows from disappearing from my extremely oily lids after a few hours...until now. This stuff actually works. A full workday with no "greasy crease" line. After having used it for only a few weeks, I went out and bought a few "backups," as I can't imagine being without this stuff.

on 11/30/2006 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I feel bad taking off my makeup at night because my eyes still look so good! Not only does this product work, the application process is a major bonus! The wand is like a lipgloss applicator so you just swipe in on your lids and your fingers don't have to get in on the action (which is good for not being rough on the thin skin around your eyes and just keeping things clean). So you just swipe and let it dry a little (take this opportunity to put on your blush or something) and then you apply your shadow and even the color of your shadow seems truer. It's also good for highlighting your brow bone. And okay, how cute is the packaging? It's puts you in a Disney "bippity boppity boop" mood . . .

I found this just by asking the Sephora SA which is their best eyeshadow base and without hesitation she said "Urban Decay Primer". She said that people actually get mad when they come in and the store's out of stock. Good thing for me they had planty that day!

on 11/30/2006 4:30:00 PM

This works!!!! Keeps my eyeshadow on all day!

Video Reviews & Tutorials