MAC Face and Body Foundation

Water, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Tocopherol, Tocopherol Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange), Fusanus Spicatus Wood oil, Xantham Gum, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens]

on 8/23/2011 4:34:00 AM

Of all mac foundations i've tried this is by far the best foundation. I have combination skin and most of the foundations doesnt last on my face well but this one does. Now i wear this everyday to school becos it is lightweight..it gives a decent coverage and more than a tinted moisturiser i must say. The best dewy/glowy foundation i've tried so far. I use powder on top to make a little matte finish. I tried with my fingers, it didnt work..now i'm using with coastal scents dome shape kabuki foundation brush...Just perfect!!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

even though i just got this foundation a couple days ago im ready to review it. I really like this foundation. some basic information about it is that is offer very light and breathable coverage but can easily be built aswell, which is a plus. you get tons of products 4 oz asopposed to the standard 30ml/1 oz in most foundations. Has a versitile finish un-powdered has a very dewy/satin look and set with a powder it has a semi-matte to matte finish. aswell as it being water resistant. now, on to why i adore it. for reference i have decent skin with an somewhat oily chin, dry cheeks and normal everywhere else. this products is great on my combo skin, it last all day. i put on a layer then on i put another layer on my chin around my nose and set it on my chin with translucent powder and nowhere else and it looks so pretty. i rearly use concealer when i wear this foundation, so i dont compromise the finish of it. i just find anything is wrong with this foundation. I own several mac foundations and i can pick out several things that i hate about all of them, but not this one.

on 8/20/2011 5:52:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Love this! Feels like a tinted moisturizer, but with more coverage.

on 8/16/2011 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

From the many reviews I've read and the people I know that swear by this I wish I could love this, but I just can't. Now, I do love my MAC eyeshadows and blushes but when it comes to foundations I can't stand them. I've never broken-out from other foundation be it HE or DS but whenever I put any MAC foundation be it SFF, Studio Sculpt, Pro Longwear. I always seem to break out.
This feels more like a tinted moisturizer than anything else, but unlike the TM this doesn't really 'sink' into your skin. It just sits there. Transfers like crazy. The coverage is build-able but can look too oily if layered too much, can make you look like a grease ball if you're oily. It comes with 4fl oz of product compared to the standard 1fl oz foundations come in. Great for people with good skin that just need to even out their skin tone. Good for dry skin.

on 8/13/2011 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is exactly what I wanted; a light water-based foundation that would give me good coverage. I wear C3 (usually NC30-35). C3 is a great match since it blends effortlessly and gives no obvious lines. I find using just one layer is a bit sheer for me, so two layers is just right and covers the redness on my cheeks. I still need to do the usual concealer around the eyes and nose since Face and Body doesn't cover that too well. It gives me a fresh dewy glow and is very natural looking. Has a moisturizing formula and didn't accentuate dry flakes of skin (which is usually a problem I find with foundation). I do have an oily T-Zone, so this still needs to be set with powder because it doesn't provide the best oil-control (in my opinion). It has a runny consistency, so I avoid applying with a brush since it soaks up too much product and wastes it. I usually just apply with my fingers then use a sponge to blend. For me, it was transfer resistant and comes off easily with my regular cleanser. Has been the most priciest foundation I've brought so far (NZD $75), but it comes in a big 120mL bottle which will last me for quite sometime. Is flash photography friendly too. :)

on 8/13/2011 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I realize I sound soo spoiled with good skin now, but this really is too covering a foundation for me. Prior to this I used MAC Studio Moisture Tint in Light (I have F&B in the lightest shade, N1), which had the perfect coverage for my skin .. However this is much cheaper (even though it's without spf, which I apply separately), so this is how I make it work: First I apply my ordinary moisturizer, then spf 15 for the face, and then I mix more of my ordinary moisturizer with this foundation (a little bit more moisturizer than F&B) and apply to my face and neck. I turns out very nice, so I don't see why I'd stop using it. And that much moisturizer all together is actually good for my face, 'cause I have really dry skin. If this is how this foundation is gonna be, I will repurchase. Five lippies.
--------------
EDIT: This broke me out LIKE CRAZY. HUUUGE boils along my entire jawbone, and more and more appeared all the time. And I am not acne prone, and never have been. Not more than a couple of days after I stopped using this, they stopped popping up. I am tossing this in the thrash can (but would actually prefer to burn it in my back yard, if I had one :D). One lippie.

on 8/11/2011 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Ohh, how I wish I could love this foundation!! I bought it at the big, big, big Sephora on the Champs Elysees in Paris; had my whole face done by the beautiful guy on the MAC counter, bought all the make up and a load of Sephora PRO brushes......... For that day, I loved it. Then I got it home. I just could not recreate that beautiful, luminous glow that looked dewy and not, well, SWEATY. That's the only way I can describe it. The bottle sits in my make up drawer and every so often I bring it out and try again. I've tried it with all my brushes, as a primer under Bare Minerals foundation AND slapped it on with my fingers. Also, I have oily Mediterranean skin which looks like an oil slick if I don't use a powder, but a powder over this makes it look cakey. It has never made me break out in spots or anything but I do have very robust skin which never really does anything. I hate to say it too, but I think the guy colour matched me wrong and I didn't notice because of all the bronzer/blusher on my face in the shop; I have NC42/NW30 depending on the time of year, and the nice man matched me an N2. I've tried friends' colours and I'm definitely more an N5. That said, some of my friends loved it, one is a model and won't use anything else. Such a shame as I really like the idea and want to love it!

on 8/5/2011 10:05:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I'm a no foundation kind of girl. I can't stand the feeling of something on my face, be it creme, liquid, powder, or whatever formulation they come in. Luckily my skin is passable without any foundation, and if I need it then a light dusting of translucent powder is all I can tolerate.

That said, this is probably the only foundation I will use if I ever had to make my skin flawless. And it really does, without being heavy or obvious. It is the most natural of all the foundations I've ever tried. It does not have very heavy coverage but is enough to cover any slight imperfections and add just a touch of glow to my skin (without shimmer!). Both C2 and C3 match well with my nc30 skin. The caveat of this foundation is that in the summer when it is humid, it can have the tendency of looking like an oil slick.

There is an enormous amount of product, which justifies the price. However I have never used up an entire bottle, and I never use more then 1/8 of it before it separates. I wish they made smaller bottles of it.

on 8/5/2011 12:37:00 AM

This is one of my favorite makeup essentials. It's definitely not for somebody who likes a thicker, high-coverage foundation but with the right concealer it works wonders. It glides on like a dream and is very easy to build for more coverage. A little goes quite a long way so this product has lasted me a long time. Definitely a good choice!

on 8/2/2011 8:33:00 AM

I highly doubt that I would buy this again. I really wanted to like this product, because of the sheer coverage that it gives. The dewey look is beautiful. However, this look only lasts for 1 hour. How is it water resistant if it separates on my face soon after I put it on? I put on thin facial lotion, primer, and then layer this stop on with a stippling brush. OH yea the color C4 matches my face like none other, but dammit! It just doesn't dry or absorb into my skin! WHYWHYWHY? Even after I put translucent OR powder foundation on, this stuff still feels sticky! Everyone's been staying the same things over and over (sticky, doesn't absorb, oiliy...etc..) but it's for a reason. It's true!!! lol I seriously think that people who love this product reviewed it too quickly. I returned my bottle, but poured a small sample into a small container. I want to try this stuff during winter. If it works during winter then maybe i may repurchase. But this is definitely a NONONONONO for summer! Good luck everyone!