December 21, 2014 | 1206 users online

Liquid - MAC - Face and Body Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2011 8:39:00 AM More reviews by alyssac3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a great light coverage foundation. Before buying this product I could not seem to find a sheer foundation that was not too heavy. I used to mix my foundation with moisturizer just to get the effect (and it worked out pretty well) until I a very helpful sales assistant recommended I use MAC face and body.

It blends easily into the skin and it's pretty foolproof as it's really sheer. It also lasts forever because it comes in a 120 ml bottle. It's so light on the skin that it feels like you are not even wearing foundation at all. I then use MAC mineralize skinfinish natural to set the foundation for a really natural, fresh and clean look.

If you are looking for a sheer foundation to even out your skin tone anywhere on your body then this is perfect. Personally, I use this on my face and it's great for everyday wear.

Since I've had mine for a while I've noticed that it starts to separate and you really have to shake it well before using it, it also starts to get a tad oily.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2011 9:31:00 AM More reviews by karafraser

I have a bit of a foundation addiction and had wanted to try this product for a while, however I didn't like the last MAC foundation i tried (Pro Longwear) and that had put me off trying this one. A few weeks ago i was at a MAC counter and decided to give this a try and i'm so glad that i did.

I tried several colours and eventually settled on C2 (I am around NC20, Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua B20) and this matches my skintone perfectly. As this foundation is sheer I don't think it would matter if you used a colour that didn't match your skin exactly (within reason). I must have tried 3 or 4 shades and none of them looked really wrong on my skin.

This foundation is very sheer and provides only very light coverage. In fact i don't think it really covers at all although it does even out your skin tone beautifully. For me this is a big plus as i don't like to look like i'm wearing make up but if you do like medium / full coverage this is definitely not for you. Once i put this on and it sets it is impossible to tell that i am wearing foundation, it just makes my skin look really healthy.

I know some people have problems with the finish of this being overly dewy but i haven't found that at all. This leaves my skin fairly matte, i don't feel like i have to powder over it (although i usually do just to help it to last all day). My skin is not oily however so that may be why.

I have tried various ways of applying this foundation and i honestly think i get the best finish with my fingers. I just put a few dots around my face and rub it in (just as if it was a moisturiser). Personally i think this gives a better finish that any of the foundation brushes i have tried.

Although this is a lovely facial foundation i think this really comes into it's own when it is used on the body. I was going to a wedding recently and was wearing a skirt. My legs are pale and, even with face tan on, have pretty uneven skin tone and some lumps and bumps :) I applied this foundation to one leg and was gobsmacked by the difference it made. It completely evened out the skin tone and gave my skin a glow, i can safely say that my legs have never looked so good. It also does not rub off on to clothes once it has set. I had on a tight black dress and had no foundations marks on it at all at the end of the day.

Fantastic product, it is worth owning as a body foundation alone.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2011 12:31:00 PM More reviews by realpeak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I just cannot bring myself to like this foundation. The smell is off-putting and I can smell it for hours on end after applying, it breaks me out in cysts and small clusters of red pimples over my entire face, is not that long-lasting and oxidises throughout the day. I found a good match in the shade C4 for my NC37 skintone. You do get a lot of product for your money's worth though, it works out cheaper than a lot of DS foundations! Coverage is buildable - anywhere from light to medium, gives a satin-dewy finish, and blends easily on the skin. I wanted to love it but just cannot deal with the breakouts! Now I just use F&B on my legs if I'm wearing shorts or anything now as it gives a slight sheen and evens out my blotchy legs.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2011 4:03:00 AM More reviews by xnmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

Approximately 3 weeks ago I purchased MAC Face and Body Foundation. After 3 weeks of using this product, I can confidently say that this is truly my favorite foundation of the moment.
This product is hard to find if purchasing in Australia. It can only be found at a MAC Pro store or the MAC online store. As far as I am aware the only two Pro stores are in Sydney and Melbourne and there is quite a big risk attached to purchasing foundation online. I am usually a MAC NC30 and got a C4 in the Face and Body.
My first impressions of the Face and Body were quite positive, $60AUD for a 120mL bottle of professional quality foundation is extremely good value where most drugstore brand foundations (Revlon, Maybelline etc) can cost around $20AUD for only 30mL. So if you do your math, its definitely better value.
The foundation itself is quite watery as it is a water based foundation and does have the tendency to separate if you leave it sitting for a long period of time without use. Therefore, it is important to shake the bottle well before use to thicken the foundation and mix the formula together.
The best way to apply this foundation is with a foundation brush or your fingers to get an even natural coverage. Due to the watery consistency, sponges will soak up the product too quickly, causing you to waste a lot of product. Also stippling brushes will not pick up enough product to give you an even coverage.
This foundation has a really pleasant scent that is very fresh smelling and almost citrus-like. Its light texture is cooling on the skin and is almost refreshing to apply. MAC Face and Body is buildable and if there are areas that you need more coverage you can apply a second coat without your face looking cakey. However, the coverage will still be light and will not cover large blemishes or imperfections (though a concealer would normally be used for this anyways). The dewy finish of MAC Face and Body gives your face a healthy and natural glow that I absolutely love rather than a matte finish.
This foundation is perfect for those with dry or combination skin types and gives a light everyday coverage. Since wearing this foundation I have received several compliments about how clear my skin looks and many not even realising that I was wearing foundation.
My only concern about this foundation is the lack of SPF which means I have to wear a moisturizer with SPF coverage or suncreen to protect my skin. Also if you have oily skin, the natural glow of Face and Body and the shine from your own skin may be too overpowering and make you face look overly greasy.
Overall, MAC Face and Body gives a light and natural coverage to your face, similar to that of a tinted moisturizer but with a dewy and fresh glow. I would strongly recommend this product to anyone who loves a bit of coverage on their skin to even it out but doesn’t like the cakiness that many foundations can give.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2011 1:06:00 AM More reviews by lalabeautyx3

It gives the pefect dewy finish! I love it!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2011 4:51:00 PM More reviews by ss2000uk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm loving this. I'm usually a fan of tinted moisturizers because I don't like the feeling of a heavy layer on my face and don't really need full on coverage. So this feels great and I've never had a problem with it lasting all day. It looks and feels natural. Sometimes I set it sometimes I don't. I have combo skin. Great product and you get a heck of a lot of product in it (heard it separates but haven't had any probs so far).

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2011 10:59:00 PM More reviews by becasaurus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this and it failed. For reference I have oily skin and I live in the desert so although it doesn't get humid it can get up to 120 degrees and I do sweat easily. With that said I used the 187 to apply this foundation and it does give a light coverage and it does look amazing in photos but the staying power is crap. Even with a little sweating the foundation literally slid off of my t-zone and it caked up on my cheeks! It looked horrible after 4 hours of wear. This would probaly look good if you knew you weren't going to sweat all day or if you have dry skin. Ultimately I would not recommend this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2011 6:48:00 PM More reviews by BleachSoulxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Amazinggggg.
HG status :)
one of the only foundations i will repurchaseee. but i still have one third left after sooo much time. Amazing, i cant say nothing but good things about it. favorite product. i can mix it with other foundation depending on how im feeling but i mostly use a lone because its amazing. water based so it does'nt break me out. :)
go run and buy it ! seriouslyyyyy :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2011 5:36:00 PM More reviews by Veebum

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

One of the best foundations I have found for dewy skin - love it. Isn't quite as light as I normally prefer, but overall a good item. Has staying power, and a bottle can last for time. Not overly keen on the packaging, however!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2011 11:43:00 PM More reviews by dv_27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Handsdown best foundation/tinted moisturizer ever! Love how this can be so so light and yet buildable.For me this works best when I use with my fingers to apply this product.Very good coverage it does cover marks/redness and noticed that whenever I am using this product I can skip the concealer..Dewy glowy finish on me. Lots od product for the price and squirt bottle is convinient.
Practical Observations -
Can be bought only at the MAC store which can be a pain coz its best to be color matched in person than online.
Its a MYSBB foundation as its liqiud based and finish is dewy, it could be a big no no for oily skin and if you are breakout prone better to test it out before buying the actual product.
Lots of concerns with the product separating..the MA said shaking the bottle helps...so we will see about that.
Overall I am happy that I got to try this product.
UPDATE***** I am so sad to write this..this product broke me out :( It increases the redness in my chin area.