MAC Face and Body Foundation

Water, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Tocopherol, Tocopherol Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange), Fusanus Spicatus Wood oil, Xantham Gum, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens]

on 1/1/2012 3:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I have been using this and recommended it to my best friend. I went to her house and asked her how she liked and she said she loved it too. However, when I swatched hers on my hand it was different. I literally thought that mac MUST have reformulated F&B because it was smoother and less sticky. I was so beyond shocked because it was not like the one I have. I blended it in and when I touched my hand again, it wasn't wet or sticky at all and I checked makeupalley to see if my assumptions were true, and they are. The new formula is even better than the old imo. It's not as "dewy" as people complained about and not so sticky as well. Same old lemon meringue pie-y smell that takes getting used to but I love it the product all the same. Love it! Go get it.

on 12/31/2011 8:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have had Mac's Face and Body Foundation for about 8 months.

I tend to use it on and off.

It's a very sheer foundation , that gives light coverage, but I have found it is indeed buildable.
It does give a nice natural ( no make up look ) .

I found my skin tingles a bit when I apply it , however , it does not irritate my skin or cause any breakouts ( and I do suffer with adult acne) . It has a strange smell to it.

I do use it more often on my neck and décolletage, as I have sun damaged skin there , so Mac face and body tones down that redness and blends in with my face.

It is a good product and a very good price. However , I probably won't repurchase as I have other products that I prefer to use.

on 12/29/2011 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

I like to do "real-time" reviews, so I decided to give my first impression of this product. My disclaimer, however, is that I have only used it a few times.

For reference, I have NC45 skin, which is mostly dry, but can be prone to breakouts on certain areas of my face - mostly my forehead. I have some fine lines, and no wrinkles, but a ton of sun damage.

So far, I really do like it. It's certainly a good value. I had no reaction to it - no itching, or burning. No stickiness - in fact, my first impression was that it was very watery. It covered well though, and I prefer full coverage (I generally use quite a bit of concealer too, though, if that matters). The C7 matches my NC45 skin quite well.It also layers well with my other daily routine products.

I took off a lippie only because I prefer a creamier feel and slightly fuller coverage, but neither factor will keep me from re-purchasing the product if it works out in all other respects.

I'm a bit concerned about the reviews that say that it causes breakouts. Whether that is true for me remains to be seen. I'll certainly update to share that aspect of my experience. As of now, I plan to re-purchase.

on 12/27/2011 9:17:00 PM

beautiful foundation! i was scared away from mac foundations after trying studio fix fluid, which for me personally was too thick and heavy. so i decided to try one that was more sheer. i cant do tinted moisturizers as i have a real oily t-zone and around my nose is really oily too so they just slip off my face no matter what. i decided to give this a go because it was described as being very light and liquidy and not heavy or cakey at all. well oh my goodness it was so beautiful! when you first put it on you will be shocked, as your face will look like a big greaseball - dont worry though it well set to a nice natural finish. the best thing about this foundation is that its so bulidable! i dont have spots or acne or anything like that but i have really bad redness in my cheeks and around my mouth. on those red areas i just use a little more and it covers the redness right up! this also lasts really well and photographs beautifully! just love it and i am now on my 4th bottle haha! oh and btw, i apply this with a mac 109 - perfect density for this foundation and buffs it in really nice!

on 12/23/2011 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is a great product - it's light, sheer coverage (I usually make it even more sheer by applying it over moisturizer), and leaves a very natural finish. It hides what I want it to hide and allows the good parts of my skin to show through.

This foundation also photographs extremely well - if I were getting married I'd use this on the wedding day.

The colour range is also fantastic, and the price is great considering you get a huge bottle of it. Store it in the fridge to avoid separation.

The only thing is that if you have oily skin this probably wouldn't work - it leaves a shiny finish which I use powder to set, but I imagine that if you had oily skin, you'd be shiny again very quickly.

on 12/21/2011 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I absolutely love this foundation. At fist I ended up getting MAC's Studio Fix in the compact but I found that to be too heavy looking for my face. As well it emphasized th drynes on my face more even with moisturizer.

I don't really have anything bad to say about this product except that it's only available at specific mac store. It's pricey but there are tonnes of product in the bottle. I have had mine for the last 7 months and I still have half the bottle.

Yes it has a runny texture to it and you have to shake it everytime you use it but that's not a huge deal. I apply a primer before I use this because I prefer to have a matte look since my skin is a bit oily on the t-zone area. I just use one or maybe 2 application then put the MAC blot powder on top to matte it more. I find that by putting the Blot powder on top, it makes the foundation last longer because my face does not get as oily.

This is not a foundation for people that have a lot to cover. If you have fairly good skin then this will work. This is also great in pictures and I even used this for my wedding day and looks natural in any lighting.

I was going to try MUFE F&B but I think MAC's is way better in terms of price and the amount of product you get.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Doesn't cause breakouts, no shine, no dryness, no cakiness, looks like real skin, super light scent, huge bottle, can't say enough positive things about this. I just dab a lil studio finish concealer on if I need it. I love this foundation. It doesn't look dewy on me, it just dries to a nice natural finish. My skin works so well with it. I wear C4 and it's a golden medium tan shade.

on 12/18/2011 3:41:00 PM

I took this on vacation to use as my daytime foundation while going to the beach, snorkelling, atv'ing etc etc and ended up using it all the time. I only opted to use thicker foundation like studio fix fluid on 1 evening. For me, this is by far the best foundation available for these activities. It lasted all day, looked amazing, did cover my redness and helped hide acne scars. It's so easy to apply with your fingers and I only set it with a light dusting of bronzer. I love it so much that I want to use it as my daytime foundation now instead of studio fix fluid which is showing the dry skin on my face.

The only con is that it isn't 100% natural. Would def recommend though.

on 12/17/2011 2:57:00 PM

I can't say enough good things about this product. I love it. I really don't feel, that i need another foundation but this. I have acne, but i use this anyway. I love the covering. It covers really well, but because of my bad skin condition i use my studio scalp concealer with it. Theese two products work perfectly well together. You can't swat this concealer, which i love. I have to catch a bus around 7 in the morning and i'm home again at 7 in the evening. I don't need to do touch-ups through out the day.
The only thing is the packing. I like the idea - but it kinda gets messy in the in top, which in annoying. But i will always go back to this foundation, and i love it. I've used it for a looong loooong time.

on 12/17/2011 8:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I prefer MUFE's Face and body foundation but this one is very good as well. I love the fact that it's not obvious I'm wearing foundation, in fact you can't even see it, even from up close. It does cover very minor imperfections but for everything else you need a little bit of concealer.
I have the lightest shade and although it's not a perfect color match for me (I'm probably NW12 or something like that in winter) the fact that it's so sheer and liquid-y makes it easier to blend in with your skin color.
I have dry/combo skin and I can use it without a moisturizer, I don't like to do that but it does look somewhat better. But it might be because my moisturizer is too heavy for warm autumn weather.
It has a pretty strong scent that I'm not used to because this is my first MAC foundation but I can't say it bothers me, it is pretty weird though.
I love the fact that you get soooooo much product, I haven't tried it on my body yet though. The packaging is ok, sometimes it's a bit hard to control how much product is going to come out.
Considering how much product you get the price is not high at all, I bought it in the US for a little over 32 dollars and for us Europeans this is pretty cheap.
Will definitely repurchase.
Oh I use fingers to apply it and I don't set it with a powder.