MAC Face and Body Foundation

Water, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Tocopherol, Tocopherol Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange), Fusanus Spicatus Wood oil, Xantham Gum, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens]

on 12/6/2011 1:05:00 AM

My skin has changed dramatically from super oily into combo/dry over the years. I have noticeably dry patches on my cheeks, around my mouth, and on my chin which frustrate me to no end. I can't use MAC Studio Fix because it cakes terribly on my dry patches while slides right off my nose and forehead, which is precisely why I love F&B so much. It doesn't amplify my dry skin, just nice, smooth and supple healthy looking skin for me! Not only that, F&B really gives me that natural slightly dewy look and lets my skin texture showing through. I am really into that no makeup look so this is an absolutely perfect foundation. I just apply my moisturizer, wait for it to dry, then apply the foundation with my fingers.
On term of coverage, it is light-medium, perfectly suitable for me since my skin is pretty clear. If any occasional pimple pops up I can just spot conceal it. My face is NC 25 in MAC, but I go for C4 to match my neck and the rest of my body.
The price is kinda icky at first, I get it at $32.50 for a bottle of 120 mL or 4 oz., but it's like $8.00 for an ounce of foundation, and a very nice one at that too. Revlon is even pricier than that!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I love this. It feels fresh and light. It evens out my skintone while adding a slight glow. I feel and look like I'm wearing nothing, it's such a natural looking foundation. I will be repurchasing this. Also the ingredient list has been updated like the reviewer below has posted. The new formula is even better for sensitive skin now.

The best I ever had.

Finally a foundation which suits my skintone (C1), is non-shiny on me even at the end of the day, does not break me out and gives a very natural effect.

It is pricey, by us costs more than aborad (thanks to high VAT) but lasts 10 month even with almost everday use for me.

Using my 3rd bottle now.

on 12/1/2011 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I wear C4 and I'm a natural nc35 but sometimes self tan to a NC40 and it always matches me so perfect. I agree with the reviewer who said its like liquid skin. It seriously just melts right into my skin and it's 100% invisible, you can't even tell I'm wearing makeup, it just looks like flawless smooth even toned skin. It has a orangey fresh scent and doesn't make me shiney. I was worried about it looking shiney from reviews I read but luckily my skin does so good with this foundation. It stays in place and gives me a light dewy look. I love it so much! It doesn't oxidize to an orange color and doesn't break me out. The bottle is nice too, it's so easy to use.

on 11/30/2011 6:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

A very very light foundation with an almost pearly sheen to it (not noticeable unless you examine it closely when you squirt it onto the back of your hand). While this does absolutely nothing for me (i have acne scarring and more currently existing acne as well as crater like pores..), it works great on my sisters skin which is blemish free except for her nose and chin area. It does a great job in evening out her skin tone and provides enough coverage to give that 'finished' yet natural look. Since she has been using it, i've noticed that she has less breakouts than when she used the studiofix. Also, the price is great considering the amount you get and the squirty bottle is mess free and easy to use. Also, this foundation doesn't oxidize and turn orange throughout the day (unlike studio fix...) and C2 is a good match for asian NC 20-25 skin :) While i wouldn't recommend it for people that have skin like me, if you've got relatively good skin and all you need is something light, then i completely recommend this!

on 11/19/2011 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

So far this is the best foundation Ive ever used. I am NC40 and I have this in C4- its like liquid skin! No chalky look in natural lighting, no ashiness- just 'good skin' which is all I'm asking for. I apply this with my fingers and press it into my skin and even up close my nose and cheeks look poreless- a huge victory for me! Yes, it is very sheer and allows freckles to shine through, but that is what I was looking for so its ticking all the boxes for me. I use Mattify powder over all fdtns just because my face is seriously oily, so I cant comment on its oiliness, but the area outside my t zone looks fantastic after a full 8 hour day. This costs $75 nzd but its worth it if it continues to hold up this way - it could easily last a year if you refrigerate it. Looks fantastic on camera too!
Edit: this fdtn is the best thing ever. I've been wearing it daily for a month and my skin hasn't reacted in any way. Going to the beach, swimming and being in full sun my skin just looks pore less and even. I don't want to ever be without this <3

on 11/17/2011 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

MAC have reformulated F&B since I previously used it. I used to use it 3-4 years ago when it still had cyclopentasiloxane as the second ingredient. I just purchased a new bottle of F&B 2 weeks ago and now they have replaced cyclopentasiloxane with dimethicone. I don't know why but personally I am very happy they now use dimethicone as cyclopentasiloxane breaks me out! They've also got rid of some other ingredients aswell.

Anyway, long story short I used to hate F&B. It made my skin greasy, broke me out, oxidised, didn't have good lasting power. This new bottle I've purchased is totally different though. First of all it doesn't break my sensitive skin out. I mix the shades C1 and C2 for my NC23 skin and thankfully it no longer oxidises. The lasting power is great, at least 10 hours on my normal-combo skin. And the finish is not greasy/oily anymore - it gives a soft satin finish upon application and pretty much stays that way throughout the day, only getting slightly dewy in my t-zone if it's warm and I've been hot. I don't set with powder and I don't use primer btw (although my sunscreen does have pretty good oil control, I'll admit).

Even the texture is different now. I used to find F&B very runny. Now when I squeeze the foundation onto my hand, it doesn't slip and slide and run all over my hands. It feels creamier. It blends nicely onto my skin (I use my fingers) and gives light-medium coverage depending on how many layers you choose to apply. It hides redness but still leaves the freckles on my nose showing. It doesn't look thick or heavy, just makes my skin look polished and more even. I wear this during the day, out clubbing, where ever...it suits every occasion.

As many have already mentioned you do get a lot for your money's worth - although they recently raised the price (it used to be £21 now it's just over £25) but still a good deal for 120ml. I store mine in the fridge as my old F&B used to go off within a few months (changed colour and texture). I don't know if this new formula will do the same but I'm not taking any chances!

NEW INGREDIENT LIST:

AQUA, DIMETHICONE, HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PVP/HEXADECENE COPOLYMER, STEARIC ACID, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, POLYGLYCERYL-3 DIISOSTERARATE, ETHYLHEXYL HYDROXYSTEARATE, VP/EICOSENE COPOLYMER, TALC, TOCOPHEROL, TOCOPHERAL ACETATE, ORANGE OIL, SANDALWOOD OIL, XANTHAN GUM, TRIETHANOLAMINE, POLYSORBATE 20, MAGNESIUM ALIMINIUM SILICATE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, CETYL ALCOHOL, DISODIUM EDTA, PHENOXYETHANOL, CHLORPHENESIN [+/- MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77488), CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS (CI 77299)]

on 11/17/2011 12:35:00 AM

I've been using this product for exactly a year now, i am a male with acne prone skin and i apply this everyday. some may argue that this is expensive however, the bottle has lasted me a full year! You get 120 mil which is 3 x the usual you get with a foundation. I'm shade c3/nw25

I have acne scarring on my skin so for those who say it doesn't give coverage i have to disagree it's all about how you apply is, i cleanse and moisturize beforehand and after thats sunk in, i apply the first layer of this with my hands to warm the product into my face, as i find it needs warmth to blend into your skin to begin with. I then use my 190 brush to apply another layer and i have lovely coverage, even skintone and a healthy glow. I then apply mac select cover up or mac studio finish concealer wherever necessary and my skin is flawless and radiant.

Sometimes if i want to contour i apply mineralize skinfinish to my contours e.g. lower cheeks forehead and so on however i find i don't really need to as it stays on my skin fine and doesn't need setting. however i suggest if you are going to set use a loose translucent powder as the foundation gives a lovely colour on its own :-)

this is my absolute HG probably not best for those with oily skin, mines combo/normal.

on 11/12/2011 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was so excited about this foundation but was left disappointed. It doesn't set even with powder and it separates and looks oily after a few hours. After just wearing it for a couple of days I've gotten break outs :( I don't recommend this one unless you have really dry skin and never get break outs

on 11/8/2011 4:59:00 AM

This is a wonderful foundation for my very fair skin (I use N1). I recently swapped Chanel Teint Innocence as I realised it was too yellow and too dulling and my friend recommended this as her HG. I have good skin condition, but am freckly after the summer so like something light enough to keep me looking fresh but still with enough coverage to even my skin tone.

What is really impressive about this is the long wear for such a light feeling product, even when working up a sweat.

It is also very good value for money.

I have started applying with a brush, as that’s was the SA recommended and it blends beautifully and looks like I’m not wearing make-up.

Video Reviews & Tutorials