MAC Face and Body Foundation

Water, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Tocopherol, Tocopherol Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange), Fusanus Spicatus Wood oil, Xantham Gum, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens]

on 8/5/2011 12:37:00 AM

This is one of my favorite makeup essentials. It's definitely not for somebody who likes a thicker, high-coverage foundation but with the right concealer it works wonders. It glides on like a dream and is very easy to build for more coverage. A little goes quite a long way so this product has lasted me a long time. Definitely a good choice!

on 8/2/2011 8:33:00 AM

I highly doubt that I would buy this again. I really wanted to like this product, because of the sheer coverage that it gives. The dewey look is beautiful. However, this look only lasts for 1 hour. How is it water resistant if it separates on my face soon after I put it on? I put on thin facial lotion, primer, and then layer this stop on with a stippling brush. OH yea the color C4 matches my face like none other, but dammit! It just doesn't dry or absorb into my skin! WHYWHYWHY? Even after I put translucent OR powder foundation on, this stuff still feels sticky! Everyone's been staying the same things over and over (sticky, doesn't absorb, oiliy...etc..) but it's for a reason. It's true!!! lol I seriously think that people who love this product reviewed it too quickly. I returned my bottle, but poured a small sample into a small container. I want to try this stuff during winter. If it works during winter then maybe i may repurchase. But this is definitely a NONONONONO for summer! Good luck everyone!

on 8/1/2011 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'd definitely buy this again. My skin is pretty good and doesn't need heavy coverage. This evens out my skin tone, and with concealor under the eyes and the occasional blemish my skin looks really good. I do put powder over this for a little extra coverage and to set it. Formula doesn't break me out and I love the way it feels... it's so light. People have commented on how good my skin looks lately too :)

on 8/1/2011 4:21:00 PM

Love this! I am Asian, relatively even-complexioned with a few broken capillaries on my cheeks, with combination skin and I am a C4. I apply with my fingers, a MAC 190, MAC 109, or a Beautyblender. It is sheer coverage which means I either double up on trouble areas and/or use a concealer when I wear this foundation. Has a light citrus smell which doesnt bother me. It definitely imparts a "dewy glow," which is exactly what i wanted. Which is to say, yes, it is slightly tacky to the touch with a bit of shine, but I simply powder my nose and under my eyes and am good to go. The MUA mentioned it is what is usually used on the runway to even out models skin and leave it looking fresh, which sounded good to me! It delivers on that; you look fresh and dewy with natural looking coverage. Will definitely repurchase.

on 7/31/2011 9:59:00 AM

Gives an artificially shiny, almost wet, sweaty oily look. Feels STICKY AND GROSS. Disgusting. To describe how this looks...it gives that shiny greasy Beyonse/JLo look (which is not the goal here). That's the best way I can describe it. All I want is a super super product that gives a hint of color and a matte finish. Way too much coverage for good skins. Feels very sticky. On the body you can really see how glimmery & shiny & sticky this stuff is. Plus, the colors are just, well, RIDICULOUS. Not everybody is orange, yellow or pink. Why doesn't MAC understand that?? I am just pale, even the C1 was too YELLOW for me. I noticed the pictures for this product, the girl in the blue shirt even has a yellow forehead compared to the rest of her! Overall, between the artificial looking unnatural greasiness of this product, and the unnatural color selection, my sample was tossed in the trash where it belongs. Oh, and it broke me out.

on 7/31/2011 6:26:00 AM

I like it for the Body use, but on the face it tends to go very oily very quickly no matter how much you work it in. Seems to cause minor breaks outs. Overall affordable and versitile product. I would use it for short periods of wear.

This foundation is great for the summer. Very sheer and light weight. You get a lot of product!

It won't cover up major flaws, but after two layers it covers up a lot. I really like it because it does last and last, but I still find I have to set it with a setting powder to feel like it is set on my face. Otherwise I feel like it never fully dries on my face. I do have oily skin, so maybe that's why, but I don't have the same problem with Make Up For Ever's Face & Body Liquid Makeup.

YES! I absolutely love this product! It passes my "foundation checklist" with flying colours!
For reference, I'm an NC25 and I have this in C3. I do not have problematic skin, just a little bit of redness and unevenness due to freckles and such. I LOVE my freckles and didn't want to cover them up, but I just wanted by face to seem more even. I used the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer and also Stila's Tinted Moisturizer during the winter months (winter lasts about 5-6 months where I live!) and I still love both, but F&B has definitely become HG for me...

METHOD OF APPLICATION: I apply my concealer first, in order for it to look more natural (i.e. under the foundation). I use my fingers to warm up F&B and then apply it as I would moisturizer. I really rub it in well to make sure that it will not just sit on top of my skin all day. I use a big fluffy brush to LIGHTLY dab some studio fix powder on my chin, nose and forehead.

FINISH: The finish for this is perfect. I love a fresh, dewy look and this definitely delivers! It makes my skin look radiant and healthy.

LASTING POWER: This lasts a good 8 hours with no need to blot on me (I have combination skin). 14 hours later, when I go to wipe my face with a cleansing towelette, there is STILL a substantial amount of product! This really does last a long time. The only issue with this is that I do get a tiny amount of transfer onto my glasses, on the part that rests on the bridge of my nose, after about 6 hours. I cannot vouch for its claim to be waterproof, but I can confirm that this does not budge even when I sweat.

PRICE: The price is great. It costs CAD$ 39 (so 9.75$/ oz). A penny for your thoughts: Revlon Photoready comes to CAD$ 14/oz! So the MAC F&B comes out to less! This bottle will last me ages, I've used it every day for a month and I haven't even made the tiniest dent in it (I use about a nickel-sized amount for my whole face).

SKIN COMPATIBILITY: This has not affected my skin negatively in any way, although it hasn't positively affected it either (which isn't even part of the marketing for this product, anyways). My skin looks just as good as it always does.

I will keep on buying this and I have already recommended it to everyone I know who wears foundation!

I am a little angry at myself! I have bought so many highend foundations like Guerlains Parure, EL's DW, Lancome Teint Miracle, Kanebo's Cream Finish, Chanel`s Pro Lumiere, MAC's Pro Longwear as well as high quality Mineral Foundations (Lucy Minerals, Meow MM) and a lot of drugstore brands which weren't too bad either (I do believe good looking skin is the most important feature even moreso the older you get). You can say that all of these foundations I have named have certain advantages. But along with those, why haven't I tried the famous Face and Body Foundation beforehand? The MAC girls always told me, I'd need more coverage for my skin (I have some redness around the nose and some discolourations on the cheeks, nothing really bad but definitely visible) so F&B wouldn't be adequate. They said. So I walked out of the MAC store having bought so many other things, feeling that my skin was unfortunately not as nice as I'd like it to be in order to wear the foundation that models wear.
One day after a saleswoman sold me Guerlain`s Parure in the wrong shade (too dark) I swore not to trust anyone except myself. So I went to the MAC store, asked for F&B, ignored the puzzled face of the MUA, asked for C2 instead of the recommended C3 (Why on earth would anyone want to look like a roasted chicken? Can't they see that this shade was WAY too dark?) for my NC 25 skintone, went home, washed my face, applied the MU with my fingers (it's really important too warm it up), took a VERY close look from all angles in broad daylight and felt that this was the BEST FOUNDATION I have ever come across. Why?
It's as simple as that: Because it doesn't look like one, it's really not detectable! The magical word is NATURAL. And therefore youthful.
The best thing is: It stays on all day (even on my rather oily nose) and doesn't accentuate the dryness on my cheeks. Makes me look younger than I am because it has a very subtle luminosity (unlike Prolumiere that first looks good and fresh and 1 hour later it transform to an oilslick). It just makes skin look "clean" and even. I also noticed that my blush stays on much longer because the foundation doesn't evaporate like the others usually do (my skin seems do drink up the MU). Funny enough, it is a fluid, that I find highly pigmented. It has the ability to even out dark liverspots without covering them with a thick texture like many fullcoverage foundations do. Maybe it is the way the light is reflected. All I know is that my skin, now that I am 34 years old, looks healthy, glowy and fresh with F&B. A good reason to calm down!
Update: a) In summer, to get a more bronzed effect, I mix a little drop of N5 to my C2 foundation. C3 was way too orange for my skin and I was recommended N5 to get the non-orangey bronzey look. This time, I was lucky with my MUA. Looks fantastic and natural!
b) I've noticed how important it is to warm this up little bit and really work it into the skin. On days I was in a hurry and didn't apply it properly my skin looked shiny and I had the feeling as if the foundation was sliding off. The best way for me is to warm it up on the back of my hand, then I apply it with my fingers and circular motions to my face until I have the feeling that it dries or sets. Then I wait for 2 minutes and comb hair. Finally, with my fingertips I lightly pat the foundation into my skin. The result is a velvety fresh skin with a subtle glow that looks absolutely natural. Sometimes when I feel a little bit oily around the nose I will use my HG Prep+Prime Loose Powder.

on 7/29/2011 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

It seems other reviewers have had terrible reactions to this foundation, I only suffered two pimples & a generally irritated, red skin. MAC foundations are notorious for wreaking havoc on good skins...they say use a MAC foundation & give yourself skin problems. It may not happen the first week or two, but it will happen. They weren't joking. I never, never, never get acne, and believe that most people shouldn't get acne from a foundation, as long as they have a good skin care routine. I have only had two foundations in my life break me out, & this is one of them. I got two new pimples after one use for a photo shoot. My skin felt sticky, greasy & irritated at the same time. Can't comment on lasting power b/c I washed it off immediately after I was done. The MA said this foundation has some very volatile ingredients in it, but he uses it in photo shoots b/c in spite of the fact that it has a chemical sunscreen in it, it's not so much as to leave a white cast on film & he doesn't use anything but MAC. Volatile ingredients...he wasn't kidding. The second ingredient after water is a heavy pore smothering silicone. It also contains dimethicone (more pore smothering silicone), PVP (RUBBER!), stearates, stearic acids, cetyl alcohol, polyglyceryl (all known acne causing ingredients), aluminum, a chemical sunscreen (but it doesn't even offer an spf of 15!), 3 parabens & strong smelling, stinky fragrance-y orange oil & sandalwood to add insult to injury. If anyone wants to use this on me again, I'm walking out.
UPDATE: Several of my friends have reported this is excellent for when taking body shots under hot lights, waterproof, sweatproof, makes legs look flawless in photos, & it might help some women w/ leg veins, but that they had to wash it off afterwards b/c the colors were just too ridiculous to wear outside! Too yellow, too orange, too pink. Even in the picture of the girl here wearing it (above), you can see a very yellow forehead (where F&B was applied the most heavily, it looks like) & the rest of the face & neck & arms, are a different color. MAC foundations, their formulations, their colors - just plain suck. But very good eye, cheek, lip, brush products, etc.