MAC Face and Body Foundation

Water, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Tocopherol, Tocopherol Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange), Fusanus Spicatus Wood oil, Xantham Gum, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens]

on 10/13/2011 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have purchased this product twice and hated both times!

First of all, the product is sticky and never feels dry. Not even prep and prime powder sets it. The rest of my makeup looks splotchy.

It seems like a great value for the money, because you really do get a lot of product, but save your money girls. This product just isn't worth the bother.

on 9/27/2011 11:59:00 PM

I used this foundation for months and I hate it. It gives practically no coverage and it seeps into all the imperfections of my skin, making them look even worse. It also makes my skin look really shiny, greasy, and sweaty. I believe this is called a "dewy finish." I tried setting my makeup with powder to minimize this effect, but I don't think the two mixed well and the powder further emphasized my dry skin and acne.

I am almost certain that this product was breaking me out, because when I switched to a new foundation (Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua) there was a noticeable reduction in acne.

on 9/22/2011 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

i am hooked on face and body. there honestly must be some kind of addictive properties to this because i can't get enough. i have dry skin, like the kind of dry where you just wish you constantly had facial moisturizer around so you wouldn't have to flake up and shrivel up into this dry prune type thing. It leaves my skin, dewy and gives it a really nice, sheer coverage although it is buildable don't use more than three layers cause honestly who the hell puts three layers on of any foundation? overkill? i think so. also the price and the size, ahhh, thank you MAC, for the face and body foundation you pay $32.50 for 4 fluid ounces, which comes out to about $8.15 for one fluid ounces, NOW, considering most of MAC's other foundations come out to around $25-30 per fluid ounce due to their inferior sizes, this really is a bang for your buck and this economy who doesn't need that? I mean really, $8 dollars can barely even buy you a decent one ounce drugstore foundation, SO. If you a) have dry, clear skin b) need evening out of your skintone c) love a dewy finish or d) all of the above, haul yourself to MAC and buy this. By the way I'm between an NW30 and NC30 and I mix C3 and N5 and it matches perfectly! I set it with prep and prime transparent powder and Im out the door! Also, a lovely foundation for men!

on 9/21/2011 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Reference:
Dry/Normal skin during Spring/Summer
Dry skin during Autumn/Winter
Colour: C5.

Application:
1. Shake the bottle to mix the product inside.
2. Pour small amount onto clean fingers and rub between fingers to warm product
3. Personally, I apply 1-2 thin layers to gain the coverage I'd prefer.
4. Let it dry slightly, and press a paper towel against face to remove excess.
4. Set with MAC Mineralised Skinfinish Natural

I find this product easy to apply with my fingers as the warmth from my fingers helps with the blending. So this makes the F&B my everyday foundation which is good for quick application in the morning which I prefer.

As far as coverage goes, I feel this does a wonderful job for my skin! I have obvious redness as I have sensitive skin plus dryness around my mouth and eyelids. I feel that this foundation covers the redness and adds moisture to around the dry areas which I love! I find it hard to find foundation that covers obvious redness and doest look icky due to the dryness. I love that the finish is dewy, as matte makes my skin look extra dry! However, I do set with the MAC MSFN, which takes away some dewyness but it still looks good! IMO, you HAVE to set this foundation, regardless if it say's it's "non-transferable".

However, even though the product is great, the packaging is a bit frustrating! When I shake the bottle, some product leaks which is a waste! But I do appreciate that you get a lot more product than standard MAC foundations for a few more £££. I've had my bottle for about a year now and it's still 3/4 full! So I've got a long way to go!

I will repurchase this product when it finishes, if I ever get there!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is a foundation that looks like SKIN, not makeup. It has a beautiful translucence to it, that allows your skin to show through and look great. It is very sheer though, which is a good and bad thing. Good, because although the color I got would typically be way to light for me (N5), it's sheer enough that it works. Bad, because I have alot to cover and this doesn't do that... by itself. However, if set with a powder foundation I get a really natural, not quite flawless look but flawless isn't natural anyway lol. Another negative is that after 2 or 3 days of wearing it straight I break out, but keeping that in mind I still love it!

on 9/19/2011 12:26:00 PM

This stuff is quite nice, although the coverage is very light and I need to use concealer with it too. The finish is dewy, which I like.

I have fair-medium skin and I bought the lightest shade (think it's called N1 in the UK). The colour match is good.

I apply it with the much-recommended ELF studio brush after dotting it on with my fingers, which works fine.

Not bad overall, but I'll probably try something else next time.

on 9/17/2011 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I have major melasma issues, (think leopard print) & I have been using high % acid to treat, it worked but the skin appeared thin & dry.
I am NC 35-40 with yellow-beige undertone, I bought this in N3 about 3 years ago, but could never find it to work.
I have since lay off the strong acids & use Auspect Vitamin C serum & Derma-roller; the combo is working great on my skin. The other day, I was playing with all my old fdn & this baby has been sitting there all these time & did not separate, but I shaked it vigoursly anyway.
I just used my fingertip to pat it in & wait to dry, wonderful result, natural, sheer healthy finish, although the melasma still showed thru. However, I find this lay a perfect foundation for mineral powder or the Careblend powder (this is a great powder with oil in the formulation).
I tried this with the air-brush machine & it works better since the air pressure "pushes" the product deeper.
I have experiment blending N3 and C4 in various proportion & this colour variation gives a much much better colour match.
PS. Rightfully named, put it on my neck and it doesn't end up on my white shirt collar.

on 9/16/2011 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The strong film formers in this foundation clogged my pores very badly around my nose, chin, forehead, under my eyes and on my cheeks, I will try to use it up since I've had it for more than 1 month so I can't return it, but I will not repurchase. The first time I ever tried this foundation was during summer, and that was not the best idea. I have recently broken out a lot and I wanted to use something quite light so that the blemishes do not worsen. This used to do the job! It's very light, almost as if I didn't wear any foundation. I love the fact that it's water-based, but it could be rather hard to blend well. Personally, I find the 190 best for F&B, as I simply cannot work with my hands. It does require concealing, but one layer evens out my skintone pretty nicely. Chanel recently came out with a foundation called Vitalumiere Aqua which is quite similar to this one, but I do prefer MAC because of the value and the color match.

on 9/12/2011 1:12:00 PM

As already mentioned, the best (IMO) way to apply this is to put it in my palm and rub my palms together until it feels less slippery and more sticky. Then I apply it on my face and I get the best coverage and more satiny (instead of dewy) look. If applied with the 187, the coverage is more sheer and dewy (wet). Then I (very) lightly sweep a little powder on top and it stays in place all day.
That been said, and having found the best way to apply it, I just love it! It's natural, like a second skin, feels comfortable, unifies my skintone and gives me a sublte glow. The bottle is huge and easy to use, it will last me for ages, even with everyday application.

on 9/12/2011 2:50:00 AM

Overrated and overpriced. I saw this in a magazine as the #1 foundation in the history of the world once (slight exaggeration) so naturally I had to try it. Pretty disappointing. It provided decent coverage. It smelt very strongly of chemicals/metals. It was quite oily and slick on. It also kind of curdled after 6 months or so. The make up became runny with chunks, did not leave it in sun or heat just happened after a while. Its fine, but its just not really impressive or anywhere close to HG.

Video Reviews & Tutorials