October 31, 2014 | 816 users online

Liquid - MAC - Face and Body Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2011 5:36:00 PM More reviews by Veebum

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

One of the best foundations I have found for dewy skin - love it. Isn't quite as light as I normally prefer, but overall a good item. Has staying power, and a bottle can last for time. Not overly keen on the packaging, however!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2011 11:43:00 PM More reviews by dv_27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Handsdown best foundation/tinted moisturizer ever! Love how this can be so so light and yet buildable.For me this works best when I use with my fingers to apply this product.Very good coverage it does cover marks/redness and noticed that whenever I am using this product I can skip the concealer..Dewy glowy finish on me. Lots od product for the price and squirt bottle is convinient.
Practical Observations -
Can be bought only at the MAC store which can be a pain coz its best to be color matched in person than online.
Its a MYSBB foundation as its liqiud based and finish is dewy, it could be a big no no for oily skin and if you are breakout prone better to test it out before buying the actual product.
Lots of concerns with the product separating..the MA said shaking the bottle helps...so we will see about that.
Overall I am happy that I got to try this product.
UPDATE***** I am so sad to write this..this product broke me out :( It increases the redness in my chin area.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2011 2:09:00 PM More reviews by beckyrocco

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

great product!
love love love it!
great glow to finish with,just needs a bit of setting powder thats all.
awesome!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2011 8:32:00 PM More reviews by princess101

Love this! This lightweight foundation is amazing for the spring/summer months when I want to even out my skin without the heaviness of a full or even medium coverage foundation. It hides the redness around my nose and any discolouration I may have.

I like that I am able to layer this for more coverage in certain areas (under the eyes, around the nose) without any cakiness. It dries to a beautiful, natural finish and hold up well to my oily t-zone.

The amount you get for the price paid is a steal. I squeeze out about half an ounce into a smaller travel sized bottle, and keep the rest in the fridge (as recommended by an SA) until I need to refill.

Best application for me is with my fingertips, as a sponge and even a brush tends to soak up the foundation. I don't like to use my fingers for application, but because of the finish and wearibility, I'm willing to sacrafice.

For reference, I'm NC20-25 and wear this in C2.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 9:55:00 PM More reviews by Shtinuh

Love this foundation, I have no acne, I mean maybe once in a while i'll get a zit, but nothing major, my problem is uneven skin tone, and this makes my skin look perfecto! Like other reviewers said, it doesnt give flawless coverage by any means, but it works great for me, its light, gives the amount of coverage needed. I have dry/normal skin. This with a primer and a good setting powder this will last a whole work/school day. And the color ratio is pretty forgiving, since it is a sheer liquidy consistency!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 9:36:00 PM More reviews by vrbing05

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Light coverage, buildable as needed. Doesn't get cakey on me and looks like my skin, but better! Very excited that it is a huge bottle and well worth the price!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 5:27:00 PM More reviews by VeryAroma

I received a generous sample from a friend to try this foundation. Lucky me!! I am absolutely in love! Will purchase in fullsize!
(For reference: C2 is pretty yellow. It matches me almost perfectly, usually I am around NC 17-20, Revlon Color Stay (dry skin) Buff - EDIT: tried N1, matches me even better! C1 works as well)

Why I love this:
1) *Application* with fingers is a must, but then it is sooo easy! The formula is quite liquid (water-based) but I like that. No streaks. Blends like a dream. Feels sticky for a minute, but then oh so light and nice!
2) *Finish*: I have pretty dry skin and I don't get a very dewy finish. After letting it sink in for 2 minutes, my skin looks absolutely natural. No dew, no glow, but not matte either. I like to call it satin.
3) The *coverage* ist rather sheer, but can be build to medium. With a second layer I can get away without concealer. This foundation doesn't give me doll-like, 100 % flawless skin, but it makes my skin appear even and soft. More like a tinted moisturizer. No one will ever Ever EVER be able to tell that you are actually wearing foundation (if you are using the right color). As others have suggested, I like to let it sink in for a minute before I continue with other face products.
4) Lasts more or less all day on me. Especially when set with a powder (but totally optional). Survives riding my bycicle every morning to work and back in the evening.
5) The price is great! You get 120 ml. Huge amount! I hope it won't turn bad before I am at least half way through my bottle. ;)

I think this is a very easy foundation to use. Slap it on and you are good to go. No washing the brush, no worrying about harsh lines, visible patches or streaks. The bottle is easy to use. Everything about this is effortless including your look! Who wants to look like they spent an hour on their make-up? So: Yay for MACs F&B!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2011 6:52:00 AM More reviews by LilMizz

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use C40 in MAC Studio Fix powder plus foundation. It is a good match except for this slightly dark grey/pink cast it would leave on me making my face look darker by the end of the day but yet ashy at the same time. I opted for the Face and Body because, for other olive girls out there like me, there are only few ranges of foundation that offer olive shades so I was pleasantly surprised that the Face and Body line had C category foundations! Unfortunately I purchased the C6 colour (I range from NW35-NC42 deep olive/golden complexion) and this turned out to be too dark. It isn't golden, it's more of a tan/bronze tone with a slight green hue. On my skin it blended in well, but if you want to go for a more tan look this would be perfect as when I had got to work about 3 people noticed my skin looked darker - not orange - but like I had been on holiday. I thought it was a good thing initially, but as the day went on I began to hate it. Here are my key points:

1) Application - MUCH better with fingers than 187 brush. I literally apply a splodge on my cheek and then using two/three fingers I massage it in with quick circular motions - sort of like when you apply body lotion or something. Its a very runny formula, but almost like magic, it transfoms under the warmth of the fingers and skin into a thick smooth consistency and sort of sticks. It easily gave me medium, natural looking coverage.

2) Finish: Very dewy. It has that wet look, a lot of sheen. I can see the appeal in the finish, I haven't seen one quite like this before. However, on me, it quickly turned into greasy looking even though I purposely skipped moisturiser in fear of this. I have combo skin ever so slightly oily in areas, but this turned greasy everywhere even in my drier patches of skin! I ended up mattifying it heavily but the matte effect just would not last. Hence, if you have dry/normal skin I think the finish would complement that skintype MUCH better than those of us prone to oily-ness.

3, Lasting power: I managed to survive a full working shift - but with a lot of struggle!!! About 3-4 hours after application, I noticed it had begun to fade and seperate. The colour had also gone a bit more darker with time, so when I looked in the mirror I could see patches where my lighter skin had begun to show through and darker patches of foundation - ew! I quickly mopped up the melting foundation with tissue, reapplied quickly, and powdered over it. But again, by the end of the day I could feel strands of hair sticking to my face, I wear a white shirt at work and there were two foundation stains on me from somewhere, and worst of all, I itched my cheek absent-mindedly then as my hand lowered I touched my top on the way and sure enough it left a big brown stain! Transfers like crazy on my phone too. On the train home I just felt disgusting and couldn't wait to get home and remove it. I had similar experiences with MUFE HD - these types of foundations just won't agree with me :-(

4. I only wore this for ONE day, but woke up this morning with tiny little flat whiteheads around. I am acne-prone, but when I wake up with 7 or 8 new whiteheads I know something that has touched my face recently doesnt' like me!

Overall, I loved the concept behind this foundation it is pretty much one-of-a-kind IMO, but my difficult skin couldn't cope with it. I would recommend it to less oily skin-types, or those that are capable of wearing foundation with no need to powder or mattify. Unfortunately that's not me, I read other reviews from people with oily skin who rated it 5, I am combo and it wasn't working for me. Ideal if you are going out just for an hour or two and need light coverage.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/7/2011 9:37:00 AM More reviews by gilldiva

After much persuasion from a friend I bought this foundation. I have tried very hard to like this product and have perservered with different ways of applying it but ultimately, I don't like this foundation and wouldn't buy it again.
This is an oil-free, water based foundation but no matter how sparingly I apply it, it leaves my skin looking shiny (and by shiny, I do mean shiny, and not 'glowy!) and feeling tacky to the touch.
This does not 'sit' well on my skin and as a result, it not a good base at all. Any powder, bronzer and blusher I put over it just doesn't look nice. Also, this product doesn't last on my skin. After a few hours I look like I'm not wearing make-up - although the shiny, tacky look remains intact!
I would liken this product to more of a tinted moisturiser. I've heard lots of great things about this product but it's just not for me.
On the plus side, it is very economical as the bottle is huge.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2011 1:59:00 AM More reviews by akmoore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I picked this up before going on an impromptu beach vacation, so my skin colour has changed a bit. BUT, with the couple times I did get to use it, it provided very sheer all over coverage that worked well on conjunction with a few dabs of concealer. I would not recommend this for anyone who needs full coverage, but it evens out my slight redness in my cheeks. It is build-able though. VERY liquidy - more so than any other foundation I've ever used. I top it off with BareMinerals mineral veil and some NARS Laguna bronzer and it looks super natural. I might even repurchase in my now tanner skin colour...

Edit: After using this a bit more and developing my routine, I've decided this is my HG. On days that I need a bit fuller coverage I'll do two "coats", letting it set for 5 minutes in between applications. I've switched to setting with Rimmels UBER cheap Stay Matte and my skin is lovely til the end of the workday and beyond.

The price is totally worth it for the volume - on par with some drugstore brands in terms of quantity for your dollar.