April 20, 2014 | 1956 users online

Liquid - MAC - Face and Body Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2010 1:27:00 PM More reviews by marria77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this. I had stopped wearing foundation for years and came to the point where I realized that I needed it. I didn't want anything that would be too heavy or too obvious when looking closely. This foundation gives me everything I wanted.

You literally cannot tell that I am wearing foundation- no matter how close you look. It completely melts into my skin. I have dry/dull skin and this foundation gives me a dewy healthy glow- which I absolutely love. If you have oily skin- this is not what you are looking for. If you want a matte finish- this is not what you are looking for.

The coverage is sheer/light but it does wonders for evening out my skin-tone. It is absolutely buildable but will never cover blemishes- you will need concealer for that. I prefer it that way.

I put a base quick layer on with my hands and then use a 109 to stipple more on. Absolutely love it. Also, you get a TON of product for the money.

Oh, and I am break out prone and this did NOT break me out.

I am NC30 with no tan and C3 is great- though next time I think I will go for C4.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2010 11:22:00 PM More reviews by simplystephy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like the idea of this foundation, but it seriously shouldn't be considered a foundation, I seriously can't see a difference in my skin when I use it. If I wanted a tinted moisturizer, I would've bought that instead. I don't see the point of this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2010 11:18:00 PM More reviews by JoieDeVlvre

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love absolutely everything about this foundation. I also own the airbrush machine (which I also loveee) so in order for me to like a non airbrush foundation it has some pretty tough competition to face. This foundation is very dewy and fresh. Stippling it on with a MAC 187 fibre brush gives it a pretty sheer finish, while swirling it around with a MAC 109 brush gives it more of a medium coverage, approx 20% more than with 187. It does require that you set it with a powder, and also recommend using a primer first. Some reviewers compared this to a tinted moisturizer, I personally believe that it has more coverage than a tinted moisturizer, and also lasts longer. However, I would agree with many of you and say that it's probably better as a seasonal, summer foundation. As far as the price is concerned - for 120 ml/4 fl oz I consider the price to be lower than drugstore foundations, yet better quality.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2010 2:35:00 PM More reviews by hillairreus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have only used this for 2 days but I am really enjoying it. I have really dry flaky skin and most foundations enhance the dry spots and flakes through out the day. I do put 3 layers on because this is more sheer since it is water based but it still is very natural and light feeling. Definatly needs to be set with a little powder. overall very nice foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2010 5:46:00 PM More reviews by Purplecupcake112

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I must say that I use different foundations at different times a year. So after trying a lot of foundations in the past I absolutely love this foundation.

I used it through the summer sometimes changing it with the bb natural longlasting foundation. Now in the winter while my skin is rather dry this is the perfect foundation for me.

Because of its thin consistency using a primer before is an absolute must.

But for those who want a sheer glowing coverage, this is the one from MAC you need to get. If a want a natural look I use my 187 duo fibre brush and If I want more coverage I use my 190 brush.

And For the parts of my face that need to be more Mat like my forehead or nose, I use MAC Mineralize skinfish Natural too even those parts out.

The foundation doesn't break me out which I did had before with the Studio sculpt!

Another good thing is you can use it on other body parts for example too even out the skin tone on your arms or legs.

I will definetly repurchase., allthough it is not neccesary because I still got a lot left.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2010 7:20:00 AM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Fantastic foundation. I have uber pale dry skin (NC15) and finding the right match is not easy. 90% of the foundations on the market are too dark and others are the right colour but wrong consinstency - I cannot use oil free (goodbye Nars Sheer Glow and GA LSF). I have very few spots that requires a little bit of cover (OK, concealer but I like a nice base as well). I used MAC F&B foundation over 10 years ago and I completely forgot about it. I came across raving reviews on You Tube and I ventured to the Mac shop in Soho. What a pleasant surprise. The consinstency is very liquid, but it can be built up without looking cakey, I usually do not like powder due to my skin being dry, but Mac Prep + Prime and this jewel there is no trace of cakeiness. I use C1 and the colour is a perfect match. A little bit of Studio Finish Concealer on spots, Pixi sheer cheeck gel and the effect is natural and polished. I blend it on my face with fingers as the product is very liquid and it goes all over the places with the 187 and the Becca foundation brush.
I gave it 4 lippies as I still have to try it in very cold weather. The price is great 23 for 120ml!

**EDIT: I tried the foundation at the gym (high power cardio), whilst playing golf and in cold weather. It failed miserably. It is not long lasting and by the end of the day it is gone completely. Unsuitable for dry skin as it does not add any moisture whatsoever. Not happy!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2010 1:12:00 PM More reviews by mariannejay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this foundation. After reading mixed reviews, I was pleasantly surprised at how well it suited everything I was looking for. It leaves a dewy look on your skin, while not making it look oily, although you do need a bit of power on your t-zone to take the shine away from the more oily areas. The consistency is perfect, almost like a tinted moisturiser, but with more effect. It fills your pores more than expected, giving you an almost flawless look. It also feels completely natural, as if you don't have any makeup on at all.
Overall, I would definitely recommend this foundation, as there is so much for the price, which works out probably cheaper than most drug-store products in comparison. Buy this product, it is a must have!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2010 7:59:00 AM More reviews by malabu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation was a huge disappointment for me after reading all the positive reviews. First, though I want natural coverage and try to avoid the heavy foundations, I also want it to cover atleast small blemishes and maybe some acne "scars". It doesn't cover those things well even after two layers. Its very dewy, but in an oily way and the shine enhances the wrong things such as circles under my eyes and shadows. Second, I found it difficult to apply and control. Its so watery and sheer that I can't control the amount I put on since I can't see or feel where I have applied it. Maybe this works for people with perfect skin, but not if you want just medium coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2010 12:51:00 PM More reviews by cinnamonglaze

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the easiest of liquid foundation applications ive tried. it's best if your looking for sheer coverage. but you can get more coverage by setting it with powder( I use mac msf natural)
Theres a wide variation of color to get your perfect shade, like any other mac foundation.
This bottle is so big & a little goes a long way- i cant say when id need to purchase again but when i do run out, id surly buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2010 3:36:00 AM More reviews by ssupab

I'm Asian, 20 years old, NC30 in the summer, NC25 in the winter with strong yellow undertones

Face & Body is great if you're looking for light-med coverage, more than a tinted moisturizer but not heavy like a full cover foundation. If you likethe dewy skin look it is looove. It covers my redness and evens out my skin tone. You will need a concealer for bad blemishes/dark spot tho :) also I wear C3 and the shade works when I'm both nc25 & 30. It runs very yellow IMO and that's part of the reason I like it so much!!

For the size, I believe it's an excellent value!

A few things ppl might find to be cons: because it is quite dewy, not for oily skins IMO (I have dry-combo skin). Also you have to set it w/ powder and some might find it "wet" feeling without. By no means sticky though

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No