November 28, 2014 | 1086 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2010 9:31:00 PM More reviews by Ijustlovemakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this almost every day. It works in so many ways and easy to use.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2010 2:35:00 AM More reviews by pemily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

when asked if i would buy this product again i HAD to tick yes! as it dries out and i refuse to use anyhing but MAC!!!
great product really really holds well (caution: do not use unless you have a really good eye makeup remover!!), however it has dried into a little ball in the centre of the pot. that is why it does not ger 5 lippies :)

edited 12.01.2011 - this product, for me does not work. i have now noticed, after using others that it makes my browns i.e satin taupe, patina etc turn a bluey grey colour, same with my purples. if i want blue or grey e/s ill just wear that. bare study and paints are much easier to work with!!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/18/2010 3:20:00 PM More reviews by ginny133

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I had really high hope on this paint pot but it didn't work for me. It is way too drying even on my oily lids. I tried rubbing it on the pot to sort of warm it up before putting it on my lids but still too drying. It instantly creased on my lids and became cakey. I had hard time spreading it out. The worst part is, it has no color at all! I know it's supposed to be a really lightly tinted color for neutral tone, but I looked no different at all before and after I put it on. If I want a neutral color or base color a $4 dollar eye shadow from Revlon will do the same trick. I'm sorry but this one is definitely not for me and I have to return it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2010 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Fibergash6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Um I don't know if I got a bad one or what, but I have normal lids. Not dry or oily. But this....this is soo hard to use. Even after I warmed the pot up, it dragged across my lids, difficult to blend. It is NOT creamy at all. I used my fingers, concealer brush, eyeshadow brush but all the applications look terrible. Idk why it's soo drying. I'm going to try it with a moisturizer underneath or a liquid/cream primer underneath but it kind of defeats the point of buying this. Sigh very dissapointed in this product. Not creamy AT ALL.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2010 7:40:00 PM More reviews by ladyaek

I admit, there's not much that I don't like from MAC (besides the prices). I really like Painterly Paint Pot because it's something I can use everyday and it does it's job. I try to be very careful, not to leave the cap off for very long, because I have heard that they dry out fairly fast. I've had it for almost a year if not longer, and I've barely made a dent in it. This product looks like it's going to last me forever! It's easy to apply, whether you use your finger or a brush, and my shadows appear darker and I never have a problem with creasing. Painterly is a nice shade if you're going for a nude or everyday look. Since I use and enjoy this paint pot so much, I will most definitely be looking into other shades.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2010 8:45:00 AM More reviews by amypanda

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is my HG eye primer. It holds my eye shadow all day! It also brightens up my eyes. Some people have problems with this product such as cracking, creasing etc but this paint pot works amazingly on me. I use this everyday, I feel so odd if I forget to put it on, and my eye shadow definitely doesn't last as long.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2010 8:02:00 AM More reviews by mijaco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Absolutely HG. Cannot live without it. I use it every single day, whether or not I wear eyeshadow. If I do decide to use ES, it holds onto the color very well and if I don't, it provides a smooth and even base for eyeliner.

This is one of the few things I use EVERY SINGLE DAY!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2010 5:57:00 PM More reviews by sabweena86

I bought this because UDPP wasn't working for me anymore (did they change their formula??) I used it before I went to work, and it lasted well over 10 hours. It doesn't last more than 18 hrs though. I still like it way better than NYX's eyeshadow base, UDPP, and Too-faced's Eyeshadow Insurance. Plus this paint pot lasts a long while.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2010 7:40:00 PM More reviews by vimsz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Eh. I'm on the fence about it. My eyeshadow does last but I feel like my Nyx pencil in milk can do the same job at more then 1/4 of the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2010 4:17:00 AM More reviews by Xdevilisious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I honestly wanted to love this product. After wanting this for ages I finally decided to buy it. And boy, am I dissapointed! I wanted to use this as an eyeshadowbase. I'm not going to give long explanations on the texture and yadayadah, I'm just going to keep it short by saying that this product did NOT keep my eyeshadow in place at all! The cheap base i was using before this which only cost me 2 euros instead of freaking 15 did a MUCH better job at keeping everything in place! Returning this asap, i've never been so dissapointed in MAC.