L'Oreal Voluminous in Carbon Black

3.5

on 4/3/2010 12:55:00 AM

This mascara makes my small, asian lashes look longer and fuller like you would not believe. I apply my Maybelline XXL Pro Extensions primer and then I apply this mascara. The results are great! However, too much of this mascara will cause a lot of clumping. The best way to apply it is to wiggle at the base and pull the wand up. Also, the brush tends to be very big for my eyes so I am very careful when applying this mascara. I love this product and would repurchase but only if I couldn't find anything else to my liking.

on 4/2/2010 12:40:00 AM

I really like this mascara. It has a big brush, but even though I have small eyes it still works really well. It makes my eyelashes look longer, thicker, and darker. It coats them a lot, which I like, but I usually have to recurl them after it dries.

I have been wanting to try this for a long time now, so I went ahead and purchased one last week. I had high hopes for it but, sadly, I have to say that I'm a bit disappointed. The volume was okay, but there are other mascaras that can do better. It was a bit clumpy too. At the end of the night, it was a complete PAIN to get off - the black smudges around my eyes are a pain to get rid off. It also flakes in/around your eyes too. The one excellent thing, though, is that the black is REALLY pigmented.

on 3/30/2010 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

So i love the color carbon black since it tends to make my eyes look a bit more "mysterious". Decided to purchase this and thought it'd just be another mascara to add to the collection, but boy was I wrong. I wear this now everyday! It makes my lashes soo black and soo full and it does not flake or smudge or anything. I love this. Definitely will repurchase this!

Four lippies just cause the packaging could be a bit more pretty. Lol

on 3/29/2010 4:58:00 PM

This is byfar the best mascara I have ever used! It adds great length and volume to my extremely thin lashes. It really helps make my eyes pop and gives me an intense look that I'm aiming for. In my opinion, it works just as great as Diorshow but for only a fraction of the price! Also, it doesn't smudge and holds a curl very well. I definitely recommend this!

on 3/27/2010 11:37:00 PM

i freakin' love this mascara. this was something i had had in my drawer for a while and there was a time in my life where i just went mascara crazy and this kind of got neglected... but last week i tried it again (prob had it in there for about 5 months), and 2 coats made my lashes look fabulous and very dark! i love it and it is becoming my go-to again. 3 coats for a night out would be beyond this world.

on 3/24/2010 9:58:00 PM

Hmmmm, I wanted to like this but I just don't see any difference between it's blackness and the blackness of any other mascara. I know, I know...you're probably thinking WHAT?!?! but seriously, I don't see any difference at all. It didn't make my eyelashes look any different than any other volumizing mascara does.

on 3/19/2010 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This used to be my go-to mascara; it was then "improved" and the formula changed. Then L'Oreal remarketed the "original" Voluminous mascara. The new "old" formula is much goopier and harder to apply without spattering around my eyelids. I'm now looking for a mascara that makes my eyelashes look even half as good as my old faithful but so far I haven't been successful. I hate it when they IMPROVE things!!!

on 3/18/2010 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Anyone who follows my reviews knows i am a mascara junkie. If its out, ive tried it. I really love this mascara when i want a very dramatic eye. The color is a sensational black. Probably the blackest mascara on the market, h/e and d/s. The formula is tricky with this one. You have to apply it very slowly. You cant do the normal line to tip wiggle with this or its a clumpy mess. Just slowly appy to base of lahes and wiggle back and forth to lash tips, slowly, very very slowly. This is key. The actual mascara itself is great. Gives heaps of volume and more than decent length. This drys very quickly so if you apply multiple coats do one eye at a time for best results. The black color is majorly black, never fades, flakes or smudges. This is by far comparable to lancome hypnose with a fraction of the price tag. Great ds mascara. Probably the best one yet.

Definitely a volume builder but EACH time I have used a L'Oreal mascara they become very messy and require me to wipe the outside of the tube constantly. Big lashes and yes sometimes a dry sometimes clumpy look if you are not careful. Overall, too messy to deal with.

Video Reviews & Tutorials