January 27, 2015 | 1721 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous in Carbon Black

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2010 4:53:00 AM More reviews by i2ismartazzi2i

I LOVED L'Oreal Voluminous in waterproof the regular one. So I figured i will love this one as well because I felt the only difference would be the color of it. Well when I applied it, I felt no difference. it wasn't darker in my opinion, it looked the same. However the formula wasn't as wet as the regular one but I figured I just got a dried out tube. Also some other issues that I found was that it started giving me racoon eyes. Which is soo weird because my regular one doesn't and I got it in waterproof so I wouldn't get the racoon eyes. And by the end of the day when I clean my face and take off my makeup, this mascara is sooo hard to get off. That is the only time when I thought the waterproof worked. With the original one, It came off a little easier, but this one took me two makeup wipes and on top of that eye makeup remover. I will just go back to the L'Oreal Voluminous original in waterproof

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2010 3:33:00 PM More reviews by flchick75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I was on the hunt for another mascara since my Max Factor 2000 Calorie mascara was being discontinued (all of max factor is). Well someone suggested this to me at Ulta so I bought it. It's decent but it stays kind of wet on your eyelashes and doesn't really dry as well as my Max Factor. I will be trying something else next time. The color isn't as black as I'd like either.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2010 2:47:00 PM More reviews by liantasee

I have heard great reviews on this mascara on youtube and in blogs, so I decided to try it out when it was on sale. Normally it is $10.99 in Canada.

I think this would be my HG mascara! One of my friends who has amazing lashes swears by lancome and I tried it and it was alright, but not as dramatic as this one! I have tried so many brands - the department brands can't beat these results!

This is not the waterproof version so it is SUPER creamy which is the best kind of mascara to use actually because it glides on better and you can control the amount you put on.

I was also told non waterproof mascara is better if you want full lashes because it has less wax. This is true because there is less flaking and tugging as you wiggle the wand through your lashes.

I forgot my eye lash curler once but I had this mascara, and I put it on...and it flipped my lashes up! Amazing.

The only con is that this takes a LOT of effort to take off at the end of the day. Usually I use one baby wipe and a Q tip dipped in makeup remover for my lash lines.

With this I have to use 2 baby wipes and I pour a little makeup remover onto the baby wipes just to help it dissolve away faster. But for the results I get from using this mascara, it's worth it!

I might try the waterproof version, just to see because I want to be able to go swimming and not having to worry about raccoon eyes.

I am amazed. No wonder people are raving about this!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2010 3:37:00 AM More reviews by ManhattanMermaid

This mascara is very wet, clumpy (as in spidery) and it makes a huge mess around my eyes every time I use it! I always have to clean the mascara up and it ruins all the hard work I put into my eyeshadow. It does make the lashes very black and with a couple of layers makes my lashes very full, long and dramatic looking. For me, this mascara needs to be worked with, cleaned up and combed through before looking it's best. Because of the low price, it's not such a bad thing as say Make Up For Ever's Smoky Lash but still, there ARE mascaras out there that work way better at a compareable price (such as NYX Doll Eyes, my HG). It feels heavy on my lashes and it seems to flake and smear off throughout the day as well. I won't be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2010 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Veneziano

This mascara started out with a great formula. The first few times I used it I loved it and it made my lashes amazingly huge, like falsies. Unfortunately as time wore on the formula got more runny and spidery, and it took forever to dry. It felt wet on my lashes and weighed them down. It got gross within a month or two after I used it only a few times! Not worth the money. Too much product gunks up on the brush and it's impossible to get the volume I want with a clumpy mess all over the wand. Disappointing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2010 11:44:00 PM More reviews by DramaqueenNYC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Loveee this! I had the waterproof version which I didn't like so much because it was so difficult to take off. When I saw this version I decided to give it a try, at 5.99 why not? I have been using this for the last 3 days and wow! Long lashes, nice curl and very noticeable! Really glad I tried this before I hit the department store!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2010 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Centro

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Gonna keep this short and sweet:
- smudges super easily
- clumpy/spider legs
- intense black
- doesn't hold curl
- looks great from far away or in blurry photos
- WILL NOT RECOMMEND!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2010 10:16:00 AM More reviews by mayer2816

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

one of the best mascara by L'Oreal. I'm usually not a big fan of L'Oreal mascara, but this one is a decent one.

Pros:
Great deep color
Gives great volume and length
Doesn't clump
Buildable

Cons:
No longer available in Indonesia nor Australia :(
Smudges at the end of the day
Annoying chemical smell after just a while

Would probably buy again

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2010 12:00:00 PM More reviews by rose1234

Edit:

I put this in my work bag and then discovered it months later and it was GREAT. First of all, I changed the brush to the one on Full'N'Soft so that it would separate lashes and it seems like this needs to dry out - a lot. I may repurchase and experiment with seeing if I leave it open overnight what happens....

Original Post**************************************************************

I have been a happy user of Full'N'Soft, but wanted something really black and thickening just for a different effect. I remembered that Voluminous has great reviews and I thought Carbon Black would just be the blackest version. I guess now that I have read the reviews, I was wrong.

My lashes have a natural curl that this mascara takes out. Also, I have a lot of lashes (but they are thin) so if a mascara can seperate and increase the volume, they can look really nice. Not the case here. Multiple lashes were stuck together creating a less volume effect and there were little clumps all over the place. Ugh.

This mascara is headed for the waste bin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2010 12:50:00 AM More reviews by haraku1

I love this mascara!
I have sparse long lashes and this product really gives a lot volume to my lashes!!
But I think this product could a bit better if it could hold the lashes...
So I am thinking to purchase the waterproof one next time.
Currently I am using this mascara with Max Factor's waterproof mascara for lengthening and they both together work really well for me!