L'Oreal Voluminous in Carbon Black

3.5

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

My HG mascara, unless I find something better. But until then, Voluminous all the way!! I don't need length, but I do need thickness, and this is exactly what I get. The extreme black colour is also great and this makes my lashes look thick and full. This flakes sometimes, but it doesn't happen often to me. And while the formula is a bit dry, that is what is expected from a volumizing mascara. Reviews here have also mentioned the formula building up on the ends of a the brush, but that's easily fixed by dabbing it on a tissue or something for me. Def would repurchase.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this because all the makeup gurus on YouTube seem to be OBSESSED with this mascara, so I wanted to try it too! At first, I hated it. The formula is super thick, and it takes a lot of getting used to. Yes, you have to scrape off the brush to get all the excess product off. (I just scrape one side of the brush on the inside of the bottle as I take it out...that works too.) My other major complaint is that it doesn't separate at all and can lead to clumps if I'm not super careful. But I have to say, it volumizes very, very well.

This mascara worked well on my stubby thin lashes. It grabbed the lashes and lengthened them with one/two coats. I have to use waterproof because my lashes have no upward curl. So I use the eyelash curler, then apply the mascara. It stays on well and I found it removes easily with the right product. For me, Neutrogena oilfree eye makeup remover is excellent and does just as good a removal job as Lancome Bifacil.

The only minus is that I have to replace the mascara more often, but the low price makes up for that. It seems to be a very popular mascara and the waterproof version must sell quickly because it's hard to find in the usual selection of drugstores around here.

I purchased this product because I wanted a cheaper alternative to MAC's Zoom Lash. I will not be repurchasing this product. It is really gooey and does not make my lashes as thick or long as the Zoom Lash. I will stick to my MAC mascaras.

EDIT: I added two lippies. I really put my foot in my mouth with this product. I tried this again this morning after not using it for a month, and I actually really like it now! It made my lashes thick, dark, and long. I guess I will continue to use it! The first couple of applications did not go on well but after a couple of uses, I really like how this applies on my lashes.

I have mixed feelings about this mascara. I bought it on the advice of Marlena from makeupgeek.com. This mascara does exactly what it's meant to do. It gives you thick, voluminous, gorgeous lashes, probably better than any mascara I've ever used. My one and only beef with this product though, is that it is a freakin' mess to get off! This mascara smudges so badly that even after using eye-makeup remover and giving my whole face a major washing, I still have racoon eyes. I have to fight to get this product off of me. It's very aggrevating because I really want to use this mascara everyday but I've come to dread my face cleansing ritual as a result of it. I would still recommend it because it does give you beautiful lashes. I however, have put it away and am trying CG mascara, which isn't giving me the smudge issues. I'll save the L'Oreal for a special occasion when I want my lashes to have extra oomph!

Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I like the mascara but too much product comes out of tube onto brush, I have to wipe it off on top of tube to get a good application otherwise it clumps my lashes. The color is payoff is great and it gives my lashes volume definately but they need to put in a better stopper.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

HG!!! Best mascara I have tried yet and I've tried lots! I love dramatic eyelashes and this gives both awesome volume and length. You can layer it pretty good as well!

I previously had tried the waterproof version of Voluminous and liked the dramatic eyelashes it gave but hated the clumps and flakes. My grandma, yes I took a makeup rec from my grandma, told me L'oreal Voluminous was her fave so I tried it again - this time non-waterproof and was sold!

P.S. This one is better then the curved brush as well which gets clumpy more easily and the curved brush needs to be wiped off every couple uses boooo

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like this product! Im using it in Carbon Black! It is really similar to the Loreal Extra Volume Collagen Mascara in Blackest Black, which i also have. the only difference is that the extra volume collagen clumps a little more, and the Voluminous mascara makes your lashes feel soft. So this mascara is a little better.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Bought this since my HG mascara Max Factor 2000 Calorie is discontinued in the US. This mascara is really black and gives good volume, but it started smudging and flaking a couple of hours after I applied it. It also doesn't dry completely and gives a wet feeling to your lashes.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

EDIT: Ok, after reading a few more reviews on this mascara after I had tried this, it was mentioned that this mascara gets better with age, and it does. I went throught the first tube, bought the second and just had to suffer through the first few days of wet and clumpy mascara. It only lasts a few days, after that, not only is it great, it's one of my favorites!

I don't like this mascara. I do like the intensity of the black however, it's not the blackest black I've ever used. The formula, and maybe it's just me, is very differnt from the Original formula. On me, this is clumpy and thick to the point that a spoolie can't even help and I like thick, clumpy mascaras. Bring 'em on...Not this one. It is voluminizing in that it's so thick that it leaves a solid clump at the base of my lashes but I can't get any seperation through my lashes at all. I didn't know it was possible but my lashes actually look shorter than they did before I applied this. I like the Original Formula. I bought this because it was the only Voluminous Mascara, the only tube-period, at the NEX. I'm really disappointed, I was actually excited to try it but unfortunately it didn't work for me. That's not to say it won't work for anyone else, I didn't like it.

Popular Mascaras