September 1, 2014 | 998 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous in Carbon Black

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2010 11:23:00 PM More reviews by peqpatino

I bought the mascara because of all the great reviews and recommendations of the product. I wanted a mascara that gave great volume for a dramatic look. The matte finish to the mascara tube appeared very simple but chic. After trying it I was disappointed. Even with wiping the brush first, the mascara still clumped like crazy. I kept trying it for about a week but gave up because no matter what it clumped and I had to spend a lot of time combing to get rid of the spider lashes. It did add volume to my lashes after combing but I do not want to work that hard every day with my mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2010 10:42:00 AM More reviews by indigoangel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Meh... I recently found this mascara on sale for under $5 so I decided to give it a try. The word 'Voluminous' is a misnomer. My lashes remained 'skimpy' and sparse looking even after a few coats. Adding more coats just made it start clumping! What a mess! Will not purchase this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2010 12:32:00 AM More reviews by conebaby

I really like this mascara. No problems with smudging or flaking, very smooth, no clumping if you take your time. Removal is harder - this is a very black formula and it's just a mess when you take it off. The look is worth it - not sure if I would compare it to Diorshow...maybe tomorrow I'll use one on each eye and edit my review with the results. I wonder if the original formula is quite so messy on the removal? The bottom line is that I really like the final look - dark and lashy without being over the top.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2010 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

APPLICATION:
It is very smooth. I liked it. It's almost like Clinique's High Impact in my opinion, except not as creamy/silky feeling.
However, it is a bit heavy so..

CURL:
Did not hold the curl at all. My lashes which were curled in the day started drooping.. thus that led to..

WEAR:
Smudging throughout the day. :( I had raccoon eye smudges by mid-day and I know this because I've given this a try for awhile with no other makeup on as well!

This may be nice, as long as it doesn't smudge for you.
I wore it on the UPPER lashes, not the bottom, and it smudged my bottom.. lashline area? Under my eyes?

No flaking, but it smudged horribly.

I tried two tubes, so this won't work out for me at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2010 4:11:00 PM More reviews by cail08

Okay before you buy this product, make sure you are great at applying mascara, and have the time to do it.
It takes some skill not to get it on your lower eye, and your lid, as the mascara is very rich, and the results can either be beautiful or a disaster.
I like this mascara cause it makes your lashes look unbelievable and the consistency of the product is very intense, comes out oily, so thats where you have to be cautious and not get it on your lids etc around your eye.
Overall, it comes out beautifully. But if you are wearing it on your lower lashes just use another mascara, gets a bit messy.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2010 2:49:00 AM More reviews by megankm0621

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

wow the rating is a little high for this imo. this smudged so much. After like 2 hours of having it on it was all under my eye. itd be fine if u didnt wear mascara on ur bottom lashes maybe...unless it transfers from my upper lashes too. anywho will NOT repurchase. swapping this one!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2010 2:39:00 AM More reviews by adella333

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i bought this mascara thinking the review i read about it being one of the "best" was right, boy, was i disappointed! yeah, it has rich black pigment, but after a couple of hours, it smudged so much i looked like a racoon! and i didnt know it until after i got home... never buying this again. i cant even use it for an "everyday" mascara.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2010 1:50:00 AM More reviews by Bambie_Blonde

I love this mascara! its truly a black color that goes on looking very nice and rich. For reference, I only use this on my lower lashes because I wear falsies. Anywho, most mascara's that I have tried for my lower lashes wouldn't really darken them- I have blonde lashes, and on top of that most of the wands wouldn't apply the mascara correctly. It would smudge, and not sculpt correctly. The L'oreal Voluminous carbon black sculpts my lower lashes nicely, so they look even and in place and very dark :) - The only downside to this mascara is that it can smudge on occasion, many mascara's have done that in my experience. However, until I find something that doesn't smudge- I am loving this ♥

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2010 11:57:00 AM More reviews by JoyfulDe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am a longtime user of L'Oreal's original Voluminous Mascara, and absolutely love it, so I "assumed" I would also love their Carbon Black Mascara. I assumed wrong. The very first time I wore it, it clumped up my lashes, and made my eyes itch and water. When I went to remove it and looked in the mirror, I was horrified; big, black carbon smudges all over my eyelids as well as under my eyes. I looked as if I'd been in a fight and lost!

This product is reasonably priced, $7.79, but I won't be using it anymore. I purchased it because I wanted a darker lash, so I guess I'll just go back to using their original version, unless someone else comes up with something similar for a reasonable price.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2010 2:00:00 AM More reviews by neverender

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my second time trying this out. It wasn't great the first time around. I just assumed it was reformulated. It's clumpy, flakes, and worst of all, it makes my lashes break or fall off, especially when I use eyelash curler after applying the mascara. I know it's better to curl before, but I do it for extra curl.. Still, that shouldn't happen at all. My faves are Maybelline Full and Soft and Max Factor's 2000 Calorie.