April 24, 2014 | 1912 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous in Carbon Black

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2009 9:54:00 PM More reviews by chemkid

I love love love this and I kept overlooking it and purchasing products that promised up to14x and 400x the volume...most of which didn't. Voluminous only claims to give up to 5x..but uhm WOW my lashes look SO thick and it DID positively absoloutley make them longer too. It gives me the false eyelash look which is what I've been trying to find since my beloved Phys. Form. Lash-in-a-Tube has been discontinued.
I tried a lot of the top rated mascaras on here..but alas...it seems the lower rated ones work best for me.
I haven't had the smudge problem yet, but I've only had it on a couple hours now.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2009 12:55:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Pretty inexpensive. Looked okay at first.

CONS: Very quickly got smudges. Not long lasting at all. Went on pretty goopy.

APPLICATION TIPS: Shiseido's primer (even the new one) helps this stay on with WAY less smudging/transfer/flaking. I am a recent convert to using Shiseido's popular curler too.

ALTERNATES: The Falsies by Maybelline (then covered by Clarins Double Fix, to waterproof it) OR The Rocket by Maybelline (waterproof) is wonderful for volume and lots of length. For lots of volume and good length, I like Milani's Runway Lashes (covered by Clarins Double Fix) and Covergirl Remarkable Washable Mascara, which stays on very well for nonwaterproof. Many who like this, love Full & Soft by Maybelline (but it smudges easily on me too.) For H/E and more lasting, try MUFE Smoky Lash.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2009 7:12:00 PM More reviews by Jamie44

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this mascara yesterday and tried it out as soon as I got home. As I was putting it on, I noticed it kind of felt like I was painting my lashes with mascara. The carbon black color was very dark and intense which was good. It did look like it gave my lashes volume and lift, and maybe a little lengthing. But it did have some clumping and trouble seperating my lashes. It did smear a lot; and I did have the waterproof verison. I am still unsure weither I like this mascara or not; and I'm really in need of a new mascara to buy. (Drugstore only) I have my eyes on Maybelline Lash Stelleto [spelling hahaa], Maybelline Colossal, or L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara. If someone would like to recommend any mascaras to me, pleaseeeee do so! I really need your help (: Thanks! And I hope this helped! <3

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2009 5:27:00 PM More reviews by phamiie

Ok, so when I first got this mascara, I HATED it. It was clumpy and it made my lashes stick together. I didn't know how to work with the formula.
I really, really like it now though and I find that it not only gives me volume but that it also lengthens very,very well. I love how dark the coloring is and I love the fact that this mascara leaves my lashes soft and smooth instead of crunchy.
The only downside to this mascara is that it smudges :(. I would still repurchase it though.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2009 3:01:00 PM More reviews by AngeCS29

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had heard a lot about this mascara so I decided to give it a try. Although it does add a lot of volume, it also adds clumps to your lashes. It almost seems too thick. And it's a bitch to wash off. I use multiple wipes and I still have black around my eyes. Overall not a horrible mascara, but I'm not a fan of the clumps and difficult removal. Will not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2009 1:34:00 AM More reviews by hliiivue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i was in need of a volumizing mascara. i noticed all i owned were mascaras that added length only. after some research, i decided to try this mascara. i wanted to dry the extra collagen mascara, but decided on this mascara instead. i absolutely love it. it gives me great volume and i can even say some extra length, but not by much......it is there though! i do notice the wand clumping towards the end, which isnt such a big deal since the results are amazing.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2009 12:48:00 PM More reviews by bobeena

I bought this mascara since there were so many good reviews on it. Well, I bought it at CVS while they had a BOGO sale. My overall experience w/ this is OK. I find it an average mascara. It does add a tad bit volume to my lashes, but I only put one coat bc if you do more, the clumps will start showing. I notice that the wax tend to fall off during the day. Its not too bad, but I would have to occasionally check for fallen wax.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2009 6:37:00 AM More reviews by kory20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I heard a lot of good things about this mascara but I never try it before. I think this mascara is great it really gives volume to the lashes. I also liked the formula although it is kind a thick but I still liked it. I definitely would buy this mascara again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2009 11:03:00 PM More reviews by mandiluk

The worst. Once I opened it, the wand was all clumped with the product and it just left clumps all over my lashes. SO disappointed, I really wanted to love this product

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2009 2:09:00 AM More reviews by serenitytomo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

this is my HG mascarra!! <3
i loveeee love love! the color is intense! its the darkest black that i have ever found for so cheap of a price. aaaand it makes my lashes look like falsies! you wouldnt believe how many people/girlfriends ask if i am wearing 'em (even though my lashes are naturally long and curled) ..but i love the dramatic look that it gives me. even through im willing to TRY different mascarra's out there. i will ALWAYS get a new tube of this as well!