Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream

4.3

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

***NEW FORMULA: sweet almond oil, beeswax, lemon peel oil, cocoa seed butter, candelilla wax, tocopherol, sunflower seed oil, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, beta-carotene, canola oil, vegetable oil. ***ORIGINAL FORMULA: Sweet Almond Oil, Beeswax, Lemon Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol Vitamin E, Cocoa Butter, Candelilla Wax, Rosemary Extract, Beta Carotene

on 2/18/2008 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have to be honest here, I never thought I would have shelled out $7.99 CAN for some cuticle treatment...but I did. Thanks to other reviews on here about this amazing product my cuticles now look beautiful!!!

I'm a softball player and have dry hands and skin and no moisturizer could ever help the state of my hands and cuticles. Since I was a child my cuticles were dry, then I'd pick at them..and well you can imagine the rest! Since I've been using the Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream they've softened and have actually started healing!

I love the scent, it smells like Lemon Meringue Pie! And it does take a while to sink in because it's got beeswax in it, but it's worth the wait! I apply it whenever I put my hand cream on and ALWAYS apply it before bed.

I'm so thrilled with the results I show everyone my hands because they know how ugly they used to be :S. Hey, who knows, maybe I'll be a hand model soon! haha

on 2/15/2008 9:10:00 PM

Smells great and is very hydrating. I am glad they changed the tin - much easier to use.

on 2/11/2008 7:19:00 PM

It is ok it does make your cuticles look nice on the spot but it does not last long. Smelly really nice

on 2/11/2008 9:17:00 AM

First things first...if you hate lemons or the smell of lemons...don't buy this. It does have a very strong lemon smell to it. Although I think it smells more like a foody lemon than a household cleaner lemon.
It is a tad greasy upon applying it, but that goes away in a few minutes and leaves my cuticles nice and soft. It works well on my nails, too. I noticed they are less brittle and don't peel when I use this. The packaging doesn't bother me...I like the little tin because it is compact enough to take anywhere with me. I will buy this again when I run out.

on 2/10/2008 1:30:00 PM

I've used this stuff since high school. Before I used this my nails would split at the tips and my cuticles looked disgusting no matter what i did to them. It says on the back to use nightly but i use it in the middle of the day as well b/c of handwashing and work. It does not smell like cleaner(pine sol, lysol, etc.) to me it just smells like lemon drops just not as strong.

on 2/8/2008 11:56:00 AM

Smells good. And works well and makes my cuticles all better.

on 2/8/2008 11:44:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have been using this product for many years. I first bought it when I was in college and I kept it in my purse. I used to apply it in class all the time and the results were amazing! My cuticles were smooth and soft! I also think that this product helps to whiten nail tips a little bit thanks to the lemon oils. The smell is very natural and pleasant - just like lemons with a touch of almond oil. The ingredients are all natural - I have even used this product on my lips when I am caught without lip balm!! I can't say that I highly recommend it for that purpose, but it gets the job done in a pinch. Can't say I would EVER try that with any other cuticle creme!! I also have tried Sephora's cuticle pen and I prefer this. It is just as easy to carry around in a pocket or purse and the moisture lasts longer. Not to mention, Burts Bees is half the price!!

I noticed that someone said something about the packaging. I recently repurchased this after having my first container for years (literally - this stuff lasts!) and I noticed that the container had changed. They added an extra lip around the edge to make it easier to grip. Awesome product!!

on 1/29/2008 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

After reading the raves about this product I finally had the chance to buy some on a recent trip to the US. Can't say why it warrants so much hype. Way too greasy for me and I found it actually seemed to dry the skin out around my nails way more and I ended up with more hangnails. Mostly though it's the greasiness I don't like.

on 1/28/2008 3:27:00 PM

I used this as a cuticle cream.

Over the years I have used this stuff on and off. As a cuticle cream, it doesn't work that well for me (but I have extremely bad cuticles). But, it is fun to use because of the smell, and so I was less likely to get lazy and not put on cuticle cream before bed.

It does smell great, and the tin is cute! The tin is a bit hard to use, though - you need touse your fingers to apply, and so I have a hard time putting the cover back on. Also I find it a bit greasy.

on 1/15/2008 7:34:00 PM

I have pretty nice cuticles to begin with but I've had some dryness during winter.. well i used it last night and I LOVE it. My cuticles were back to normal by morning. good stuff. smells great.

Popular Treatments