Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm

3.6

Polybutene, Octyldodecanol, Isopropyl Myristate, Petrolatum, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Polyethylene, Ozokerite, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter / Shea Butter, Diisostearyl Malate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Vp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Parfum / Fragrance, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Aroma / Flavor, Silica, Isopropyl Palmitate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Limonene, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Benzyl Benzoate, Centella Asiatica Extract, Aluminum Hydroxide, Citral, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Tin Oxide, Geraniol, Eugenol, Aloe Barbadensis Extract / Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Mel / Honey / Miel, Calcium Pantothenate, Ascorbic Acid, Dimethicone, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen. May Contain: CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, MICA, CI 45410 / Red 28 Lake, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 15850 / Red 7, CI 45380 / Red 22 Lake, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake. CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 15985 / Yellow 6 Lake, CI 75470 / Carmine].

on 3/23/2013 3:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I paid $3.99 for my "Baby Lips" lip balm in the shade "yummy plummy" at Walgreens. This tinted lip balm is not worth $3.99, or even $0.99 for that matter. Why do we use lip balms? Mainly to keep the lips hydrated isn't it? This balm does not hydrate the lips worth a chap... it wears out so quickly you might as well use nothing at all.
I bought it because one of my favorite YT beauty gurus raved about it. Well, I've learned a thing or two now from beauty gurus out there...and it is not always good.
If you want a good tinted lip balm go for Burt's Bees. That's what I should have done and made better use out of my 4 bucks. Oh well...live and learn!
Thanks for reading my reviews and good luck with your purchases!

on 3/22/2013 1:56:00 AM

I keep seeing these commercials on tv and noticed my sister was using the baby lips in the spf version. I asked if she liked it and she said did. I took the bait and bought the coral flavor because I thought the color was nice. Unfortunately, the smell was overwhelming, it gave me a headache. My lips did not feel any softer nor did I like the taste on my lips. I decided to return it and to never again get baited again from maybelline.

But then my best friend was using the peach kiss and said she really liked it. So I went ahead and exchanged it for that one and generally liked it. There wasn't that awful scent or weird aftertaste. The color wasn't anything great but my lips did feel kind of baby soft! haha. So, knowing this, maybe i'll buy another color, maybe. But I really like the peach kiss, I would probably buy this again once I run out.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Okay well I got this last week in peppermint, and I love it! It is so moisturizing, smells great and it applies thickly, which I like. It also doesn't feel it's just sitting on my lips. I also love how it's slippery instead of waxy like most other lip balms. Its pretty cheap too, only 3 dollars. The only thing I don't like is its packaging, it's cute but it breaks easily. It had a huge crack in it before I even opened the package because I accidentally dropped it. Other than that it's a great lip balm, and I would definitely buy it again!

on 3/21/2013 5:11:00 PM

I used to be extremely skeptical of baby lips because no lip balm other than vaseline has hydrated my lips the way I want them since my lips get extremely dry and chapped pretty often. I decided to give this a try after a long time of not even being interested in it and I have to admit that I love it. I got the flavor/color in quench and it's a sheer lip balm that goes on the lips very smoothly and actually hydrates them as much as vaseline does. I also ADORE the scent - it smells very fruity. The SPF 20 protection is also a good bonus and most days I just wear baby lips to give my lips a nice sheen. I'm in love with this product.

I bought the clear baby lips with spf 20 (the blue package!). I have found it really smoothes out my lips and it doesn't apply thinly like a lot of the other lip balms i have tried. OMG i love this packaging! A lot of people are saying it is cheap but mine really holds up. I have dropped it countless times and it hasn't broken or cracked! The only con for me was that it doesn't last as long as some, i would say the lasting power is OK. Overall i like this product a lot, but you have to apply it about every 2 hours if you want it to keep your lips smooth and perfect!

on 3/18/2013 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I'm disappointed in Maybeline for making this product look so perfect in their adorable commercials. I have never felt the urge to go out and buy lip balm so bad in my life. I don't even know why? Anyways, I gave this lipbalm a bad review because it dried out my lips. Which, lets be honest, makes no sense. That's selling a hair detangler that automatically knots your hair. It doesn't make sense. I DO love the color, I purchased the nude, or peach, one. It is really pretty and does actually leave color, which was surprising. However, it comes off in at least 5 minutes. I guess i shouldn't be so surprised considering how cheap it is, but really.. it CHAPS your lips. Why would they make something that does the opposite of what it's expected to do?

on 3/17/2013 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This lip balm is pretty tricky. Sometimes I love it, then at other times I don't. I hate that when applied to the lips, it doesn't last for very long and I constantly have to keep applying. Otherwise, this gives my lips a nice, sheer, nude shimmer (Peach Kiss). It does soften the lips, and smells yummy. I'm dying to try the Pink Punch.

on 3/17/2013 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

So... this is one of the products I bought on a moment of mind blank... I didn't use to apply much lip balm but I bought it anyway...
So, I bought it, so I thought might as well as try it. Well... I got the baby pink one, and it gives my lips a pretty natural pink colour, not that my lips are that pale to begin with, so it didn't make much difference. As for moisturising, it didn't do so well either, my lips began peeling before I reapplied. Since I started using Mentholatum deep moist, I have been using this on top to give my face a little more colour... which is pointless, as it's supposed to be a 2 in 1 item. After I wear it though, I felt like I had to use makeup remover, or else the colour wouldn't go away... Won't be repurchasing... obviously...

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! I had very severe chapped lips that would burn and inflamed. Carmex worked but not for long. I bought baby lips and it worked like a charm. I have quenched and I want to get cherry me or peach kiss along with pink punch. However it says 8 hour moisture but it only last for me about 15 minutes. where I live, I got it for 2.99 at target. Target doesn't have the limited edition so I might recommend going to Walgreens. Quenched has a very nice smell to it, Its has an AMAZING GLOSS AS WELL. I would rebuy it many times!

XOXO
Linda Song

This is one of my favorite lip balm brands. i have the peppermint, quenched and Cherry Me one. i also recently bought the Limited Ed Twinkle. it smells like light strawberry and peachy candy. i love it. it's really moisturizing and is not overly greasy at all. although the Cherry Me one is a bit too tinted. one layer would look fine, but it doesn't exactly do much so i have to put on like 3 layers. but it becomes really red like lipstick. my suggestion for the tinted ones would be applying a thick coat and then wiping it off, so that the color would still be left on your lips, which is a nice base for lip gloss. my friend has like literally all the scents, and all of them smell good. the packaging is also cute. the cap is long and not small like the ones on chapstick.

Popular Lip Treatments