April 16, 2014 | 1488 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips Lip Balm

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2012 2:46:00 PM More reviews by aksharad

I'm an absolute lip balm junkie.. I have tons and I still do not hesitate when it comes to buying more. Just the other day I saw these on the maybelline counter.. the super duper cute packaging just called out to me and I bought 3 of them : Antioxidant Berry, Mango Pie & Pink Lolita.

All 3 are okay when it comes to moisturizing.. however, my lips are quite normal with no major chapping or flaking so they do the job of basic hydration and I don't ask for more.. If your lips are on the drier side, you might wanna use something more heavy duty. They have SPF 20 which is always a plus. They claim to provide 8 hour hydration which is laughable. These might last for maximum 2 hours and then you'll feel the need to reapply. And as far as their "visibly renewed lips" claim goes, I've used these since about 2 weeks and I do not see any major changes in my lips. Some details on the variants:

Antioxidant Berry: This one comes in a super cute baby blue and pink packaging.. smells fruity (berry I presume) with some vanilla hints that I detect.. its basically a clear balm with no tint whatsoever and it gives quite a pretty, glossy sheen but then again, its not long lasting.

Mango Pie: This one is similar to the previous variant. It has no tint and goes on clear with a glossy finish. However, this comes in a yellow and pink tube which it quite catchy. It smells like fruit punch and stronger than the antioxidant berry variant.

Pink Lolita: First of all, the name made me laugh. This is the tinted balm of the bunch and gives a light, rosy pink colour to my lips which can be buildable if you like, and looks very pretty. The finish is glossy and it feels good on the lips. The packaging is baby pink and white. I personally like the smell of this one the least out of the 3 since it smells sort of like plastic and strawberries. But I can cope with the smell since I like the tint it gives.

Overall, these balms are quite mediocre and do not do anything too immense in terms of hydration and "renewing the lips". They just give some nice shine and keeps your lips moist for like a couple of hours and that's pretty much it. 3 stars for the cuteness that the packaging is, SPF content, the finish that they give and the fact that they're quite cheap.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2012 11:27:00 AM More reviews by 1funnyface

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Nothing special about this stuff at all. Didn't make my lips any different than any other run of the mill lip balm.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2012 4:33:00 AM More reviews by gemma3617

Overall I like this product, It is relatively moisturising and smells really nice. I do find myself reapplying quite often though.I have had other lip balms that are more moisturising, but I still love this one for when my lips just need that extra bit of moisture! Is small and compact too which makes it easy to carry around, and fun packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2012 8:49:00 PM More reviews by xMakeupforeverx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVE LOVE LOVE
This product is so amazing. It makes your lips so soft and is wonderful in the cold winter when your lips start getting chapped. This product is all the rage in the teen world right now and now i know why. I love it. I would DEFINITELY buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2012 1:20:00 PM More reviews by jamaicagirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

baby lips is really good i just got it yesterday an i really love it me an my two friends got one and we all really injoy it the coluers really look good on each of ower skin tone an thy really make each of ower lips much smother says my friends and i wilol say tht it dosnt last tht long but my other ones dont eather i would truly buy this product agen

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2012 7:58:00 AM More reviews by 3103ad

quite expensive for a lip balm that does not seem to be quite effective. the only pro is that it smells nice

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2012 12:01:00 AM More reviews by HoneyLovesRJ

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Didnt like it.. I got the red one . Cherry something.. nothing special wont buy again..

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2012 More reviews by Lame901

Love it! I bought this in original and I went through my first tube in about a month. It tastes and smells like fruit loops in my opinion. This makes your lips very very soft even after the first application.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2012 9:16:00 PM More reviews by rlsadc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am on the fence about this stuff. I purchased the peach shade, and I don't really have any complaints...but I also haven't really fallen in love with it either. I usually wear my lips with a clear or sheer gloss, usually pretty shimmery, so this was a big switch up for me. It's def a matte color, no shimmer at all...but it does have a been of a glossiness to it. I still use EOS lip balms as my regular go to lip care. The lid does pop off pretty easily, and has come undone in my bag a couple of times.

To me its pretty MEH. Nothing amazing. I will use it since I bought it, but the jury is still out about whether I will be buying it again or not.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2012 11:17:00 AM More reviews by tammynkey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this because I thought it would wear smooth like a chapstick with a light hint of color. When I applied it was smooth to put on, but my lips were dried out within 15 min. The color pink punch was a bit more bold than I anticipated (I don't wear a lot of makeup). I got one for my mom too and she hated it. I do not recommend this product. If you're looking for a chapstick with a hint of color a better choice would be cover girl natureluxe, the best would be sephora sugar lips!