Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm

3.6

Polybutene, Octyldodecanol, Isopropyl Myristate, Petrolatum, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Polyethylene, Ozokerite, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter / Shea Butter, Diisostearyl Malate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Vp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Parfum / Fragrance, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Aroma / Flavor, Silica, Isopropyl Palmitate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Limonene, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Benzyl Benzoate, Centella Asiatica Extract, Aluminum Hydroxide, Citral, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Tin Oxide, Geraniol, Eugenol, Aloe Barbadensis Extract / Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Mel / Honey / Miel, Calcium Pantothenate, Ascorbic Acid, Dimethicone, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen. May Contain: CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, MICA, CI 45410 / Red 28 Lake, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 15850 / Red 7, CI 45380 / Red 22 Lake, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake. CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 15985 / Yellow 6 Lake, CI 75470 / Carmine].

on 2/27/2013 1:20:00 PM

Hate this product. Did not moisturize my lips at all. In fact, this product made my lips worse! Never buying again.

on 2/27/2013 1:00:00 PM

I got 3 of them and wanted to see why everybody is so crazy about them and soon discovered that it's such a HORRIBLE and OVERRATED product!!! They feel very greasy and as soon as dries on the lips you have to reapply it again because it feels very dry and smell is nasty too. So dissapointed that i got into youtube hype with this and EOS lip balms, even NIvea sucks. the only one really helps it's burt's bee's lip balm they are the best.

on 2/25/2013 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Bought this because of the rave reviews.
I didn't like this product at all. Barely any pigment and it dried my lips out. It also tastes and smells weird.

on 2/25/2013 4:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I stumble on this one when Nivea lipbalm not in stock for many weeks. Not much to say about a lipbalm actually, but I find it more moisturizing than the Nivea one, more naturally softm less slipper/glossy and last longer.

on 2/25/2013 2:13:00 AM

Average lip balm. Hydrates for a few minutes, then back to normal. The best lip balm is Lypsyl (without the SPF).

on 2/25/2013 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

For whatever reason, Baby Lips was sold out in virtually every store in my area when it was first released for the longest time. All I would ever find were torn up display cases and, on occasion, an empty package. About eight months ago, the fervor finally died down a bit and I got a tube. I picked Cherry Me because I'm super boring and, well, that was the only "flavor" available.

First, the name Baby Lips is just weird to me. I suppose it is suppose to invoke images of soft, supple, unchapped lips that babies have or something but I'm still wondering how Maybelline came up with the name. The packaging is nice enough. It looks more like a cool tube of lipstick than a lip balm, mainly because of Louis Vuitton/Stephen Sprouse-esque writing. The balm itself is decent. In fact, I dare say it's just a heavier, less waxy version of good old cherry Chapstik. It has nearly the same cherry Chapstik-smell and also leaves your lips lightly tinted just like cherry Chapstik. It is fairly moisturizing, more so than Chapstik because it is heavier. I don't know if it's truly healing as I rarely get full on chapped lips unless I'm sick or sunburned. When that happens, no lip balm on the planet helps but this does manage to keep my lips from drying out and being totally devoid of color. Thus far, this hasn't crumbled or dried or become a total mess like some higher priced lip balms tend to do.

I likely would buy this again because it's cheap and the packaging is cute. It's not an HG product for me by any stretch but it's a good lip balm that is actually reasonably priced - quite a rarity these days.

on 2/24/2013 11:25:00 PM

Baby lips?? More like GRANDMA LIPS. It makes my lips even dryer and more chapped than before I put it on. And as it wears off it strips all the natural moisture from my lips. Even Vaseline is more effective. Sigh*

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE this chapstick! I picked this up right before my ski trip in Colorado (the mountain air is so dry) and it worked so well. The minute I put it on my lips I felt how moisturizing the balm was and I didn't feel like I had to reapply all the time. It also has SPF 20 which is so important to make sure lips don't get burnt! I have the quenched baby lips (it's the clear one) and I think it smells amazing; however, my sister said it just smells like sunscreen (which I disagree with...)
Definitely try this out if you have super chapped lips.

on 2/22/2013 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I absolutely love these balms! So far I have nine of them: peach kiss, yummy plummy, cherry me, quenched, grape vine, pink punch, peppermint, melon mania and pink wink. There isn't one that I don't love. They are all different and each has a unique quality. Some have a fruity scent, some have no scent, some have faint shimmer, some are more moisturizing and some have SPF and some leave sheer color behind and are glossy and some have a thicker layer of color. These are so very good and there's one for everybody. They are also inexpensive and the packaging is very cute yet sophisticated. I have seen photos of these balms in two types of packaging-one has a clear top and goes down the length of the tube with the words baby lips in a chubby font and the other are more of a traditional tube with a short cap with no printing and opaque tube with baby lips on the tube sticker. I have the clear ones (the ones sold in the US). As a 39 year old, I cannot get enough of these and if they make more colors/flavors other than the ones I already have I will happily get them! Highly recommend. They are not greasy and they wear well.
UPDATE: I just grabbed a limited edition 2 pack online with the ones called coral crush and twinkle. So happy!

i bought this in this in the berry because i heard good reviews about it~ and it was good it absorbed well into my lips and made them soft and supple :) you just have it keep it on hand and reapply when needed. i had it in berry but i lost it when my brother threw my bag into the trunk of my dad's car and it was winter and the trunk is really really messy so i couldn't find it, i was PISSED at my brother but i really liked it so i went to buy it again but i thought i'd try it in Mango Pie and like the berry, it is absolutely amazing~~!!! it's the same if not better than the berry on all aspects, it smells amazing, Mango Pie smells tropical and girly and i feel so purty C: lol it glides on well and i love lip balms and this has got to be one of my favorites :)

Popular Lip Treatments