September 17, 2014 | 1866 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2008 2:52:00 AM More reviews by urbankiwiii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

BEST CLEANSER EVER

pros: really keeps my acne at bay, good at preventing acne outbreaks, simple to use, not harsh on my skin, makes my skin soo smooth and clean, does not overdry my skin at all but gets ride of all the oil and shininess in the T zone, 1 bottle lasts forever- at least 6 months, when used 2x daily

cons: the weird orange color, the pump bottle is bad for traveling

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2008 4:32:00 PM More reviews by vandael

I've been using this acne wash for the last six years. I started when I was 16 and got my first pimple. Freaking out, I remembered a friend recommended it to clear up her skin. So I grabbed a bottle and used the wash everyday for the next four years. It really helped tame my acne with its built in salicylic acid medication, but as the years progressed I realized it became too drying for me. The skin naturally changes oil production and reception of medications, so in turn I had to change my routine. Since then I have been using Cetaphil, one of the most basic cleansers available in the market. My skin was being ravaged by all the overtreatment of acne medications, so I needed to take a step back. I still work Neutrogena's Acne Wash into my routine, but only once a week for the salicylic acid. It has worked wonders for my skin and I'll continue using it for as long as my skin allows.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2008 4:30:00 PM More reviews by adri721

This seems to be the go-to product that dermatologists/doctors recommend for mild acne. I use a bottle of it every so often (i like to switch up cleansers after finishing a bottle). I haven't noticed any real difference between this and other facial cleansers in terms of improving my mild but persistent acne. Like other reviewers have said, it is very drying and does strip your skin of its oils, so definitely apply moisturizer afterwards. I have yet to find my HG cleanser, so I will continue to use this occasionally...but it is just pretty average product to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2008 4:36:00 AM More reviews by krista187

DO NOT USE if you have DRY SKIN!

As many other products I try I always come back to this!
It actually helps reduce my acne.
It's also great for warm/hot seasons.
But during winter make sure to put a little extra lotion/cream on the cheeks.

UPDATE: 7/24/08

Only use this product if you have BASIC ACNE BREAKOUTS! not the kind if they are forming like hard bumps/cyst! you need to use a SCRUB to unclogg your pores because if you don't all of the seabum(sp) ( which is your skins oil) will become clogged and cause you to breakout with some painful acne! I will only use this as a back up or Im clear of acne for a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2008 5:42:00 PM More reviews by similittleone

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have combination skin with blackheads, pimples, rosacea, dark marks and sun spots.
This cleanser, which has 2% salicylic acid (BHA) works simply and effectively to remove dirt, grime, make-up and sunscreen. It leaves my skin deep down clean and exfoliated without any harshness whatsoever.
It is easy to use: Just put half a squirt of the pump bottle in your palm, mix with water and apply to your wet skin. Massage gently and rinse well.
The BHA has refined my pores and reduced my blackhead formation considerably. I also feel that the BHA improves the penetration of active ingredients that I apply afterwards (such as arbutin and kojic acid to fade dark marks).
I highly recommended this product for sensitive and problematic skin conditions like my own. I intend to buy this product for the foreseeable future.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2008 8:26:00 PM More reviews by mari2411

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I decided to search in Makeupalley before buying this product and read a lot of bad reviews, but finally decided to buy it anyway.. And I have to say, IT'S GREAT !
A lot of people complain that this product dries your skin out, and in my case, it didn't. I'm 16, my skin is very oily (specially in the T zone) and acne prone, and after using this, for the first time ever, I felt my skin really CLEAN and absolutelly SOFT, as I have never seen. And the good thing is that this clean sensation sticks, you don't feel your face all greasy three yours after washing it ! I haven't used it enough to say if helps for the acne problem, but just for keeping my skin clean and smooth all day long and with a matte effect that really lasts I would buy it again.
Have to say either, that the texture of the product is great and only a little you put in your hand you can wash the whole face with a creamy scum. I have a very sensitive skin and allergic to a lot of products (gets all red and burned out) and I was surprised I didn't get anything from these one.
My only complais are about the smell (not so good) and the packing which took me like 15 minutes to understand how it works (but I finally got it !)
For those with really oily skin,you'll not regret buying this, is worth your money !

PS : sorry for my bad english, I'm brazilian..

rated 1 of 5 on 4/23/2008 4:34:00 PM More reviews by hannax33

i used this before when i was in my teens, i didn't like it.
it's tooo over-drying and didn't seem to do anything.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2008 5:46:00 AM More reviews by bonita85

Might work for other people's skin, but definitely not for me...I had allergic reaction to this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2008 7:27:00 PM More reviews by lilchibirene

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

So far i have been using this product and my skin has gotten a bit drier. But i dont know if that is supposed to happen. I placed some of the product on my cheeks with all the whiteheads, it is slowly clearing up. My doctor recomended Neutragena, so i will continue.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2008 5:11:00 PM More reviews by nic_b

I gave this five lippies, because it's a staple for me. HOWEVER, I don't use it on my face at all. I found it ineffective on my face. I use it in the shower with a long-handled scrubbie on my back. It's the best for preventing bacne! (And if you really want a one-two punch at bacne--say you're doing a lot of sports or other activities that can cause a flare-up--use this daily, and add on Clinique's Acne Solutions Body Treatment spray a couple times a week.)