Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash

2.8

Active: Salicylic Acid (2%), Other: Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Disodium EDTA, Benzalkonium Chloride , Yellow 5, Red 40, Fragrance 07/2013

on 9/13/2008 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I like this product. Its too harsh to use on my face but I don't need to anywaya because I don't have any more acne on my face. I use this on my back because I have some mild acne on my back and it worked! My back is clear thanks to this product and topical antibiotic from my dermatologist.

on 9/7/2008 8:33:00 AM

I tried this wash thinking it would cure me of my persistant acne, it just ended up irritating my skin and I broke out in a rash-like acne on the sides of my face and chin after a few days of use. It took a while to calm my skin down and get rid of the acne. Neutrogena makes a lot of great products, but this one definitely didn't help me. Too irritating!

on 9/6/2008 4:26:00 PM

This wash is great. I've been using it since I was 14 years old and barely get pimples or breakouts. You gotta give this cheapy wash a shot! It does take off makeup like a miracle so say goodbye to raccoon face and take off all that foundation! I also find this wash very versatile because my boyfriend loves to use it too and it's a great balance for our skin type.

on 9/6/2008 4:21:00 PM

I love this face wash! It takes off all of my makeup without a struggle and leaves my face feeling clean. It's not drying, I usually forget to put on moisturizer because it feels so good. Smell is okay, I really am more concerned with the fact that it's so great at taking off makeup! Finally, this stuff is cheap. This is my favorite cleanser.

on 9/3/2008 11:55:00 PM

I have used this for a few months and I haven't really had many problems with it, but sometimes it dries my face out too much and if I happen to get it in my eyes it KILLS me! This burns my eyes like nothing else ever has... and once I accidentally got it in my mouth... ugh. Horrible. It smells like Dial soap to me. Like, Dial hand soap. Dial is very strong and I would never use it on my face, so I hope that the only similarities with this cleanser and Dial are the smell.

on 9/2/2008 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I have read all of the negative reviews on this product, and that made me kind of hesitant on purchasing it. However, I needed a cleanser that would take off all of my makeup, as well as work on my breakouts all in one step. I have finally found that product! I just started using this product about a week ago and I am seeing major improvement with my skin! I use this along with Sea Breeze Actives Toner and I am very happy with the results. I know that a lot of people complain about the dryness factor and the way that the cleanser smells. I haven't experienced any of the dryness, and the smell goes away quickly (at least for me it does). I guess it works differently on people. I will continue to purchase this product. *I use the Family Dollar version.*

on 9/1/2008 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This product is ok, I guess. It never really got rid of my acne but it kept it somewhat under control for a while. I used it for about 5 months and during that time, I would often look for better cleansers. But I never did, so I would just end up coming back to it. After a while though, I stopped using it and started the Clinique acne solutions regimen, which works quite nicely for me :)

on 8/27/2008 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I had samples of this stuff for a long time and caved today and bought the full product, even though I still have samples laying around. I like this a lot, I use it twice a day on my face. I don't really get pimples much, but I am hoping that this product actually helps me in getting any.

EDIT: This is drying out my face something fierce, I still like it, but not gentle enough for my semi-dry face.

on 8/27/2008 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using this product for several years. It is fairly cheap and it cleanses my face pretty well. However, I wouldn't say it is a miracle product and that it has made my face silky smooth. I still have noticeable pimples. You also need to moisturize after using. But I'm still rating this highly since it does its job of effectively removing grime without leaving residue.

on 8/26/2008 2:44:00 AM

Pros: Quite cheap, lathers very well so you only need a little bit, reccommended by my dermatologist, smells light, cleans very well.
Cons: Slightly drying if you dont put on moisturizer. Probably wont clear up your acne all on its own, you'll probably need to use it with acne cream and stuff but it is a great great wash still.

I do rather like this product. Whether or not it would actually clear up acne is debatable. You could probably use this in conjunction to other acne treatments. It does however get you super clean and it lathers very well. The scent is light and probably universally pleasant. Just a normal soapy sweet scent (not the washroom disgusting soapy scent). It is however quite drying but a light moisturizer should do the trick.