December 19, 2014 | 1592 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2012 3:08:00 AM More reviews by nuvitadoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I thought MAC foundation was the best... That's until I tried NARS sheer glow! I normally wear NC25 in MAC foundations and I have Deauville in NARS. I usually mix Deauville with mont blanc in the day time, since Deauville is still a tad bit tan for me. It's a light weight foundation that blends beautifully. I once wore it to work, and still looked fresh after a 9 hour long day. It's so pigmented that I don't need to use much

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by kinonyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have quite fair peachy-pink skin with lots of blending-together freckles. I like foundations that are sheer but finished-looking, but it's always been hard for me to find the right color--in the past most foundations have usually been too tan or too brown or too pink, and if they're off, my skin looks dull. Same with texture: if they're too heavy, my skin looks dry and it wreaks havoc with the freckles.

So for years I wore Prescriptives custom-blend, which was always perfect as long as I added lots of luminizer and didn't apply it too thickly and finished it with powder, or Prescriptives Traceless. I suddenly came to the end of my stash of Traceless on a trip and didn't really have time to order it again, so I did some research, visited a Sephora, and discovered Sheer Glow in Montblanc, which seems to be my perfect match! Color-wise, it is slightly gold with just the right pinky undertone. Texture-wise, It has a wonderfully luminous look, and it somehow lets my freckles shine through, while also covering a red mark that's looking increasingly red as I age . . . . and that mark stays covered all day long. Better yet it looks great without luminizer or powder. Applied with a brush I find it works better if the brush is damp; but mostly I've just been mixing it into my moisturizer. The packaging leaves a bit to be desired--I wish it came with a pump (you have to go out and buy one). But other than that, I am totally sod. Since I've worn Nars blush for years, I don't know why I never thought to look at their foundation before.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2012 8:58:00 PM More reviews by tabbycam

Okay, I waited a couple of months to review this product because I wanted to make sure that I wasn't giving some glowing review only to realize that it broke me out or wasn't the right color etc. etc. etc.

And now I can say fully that this product doesn't break me out, and is the only true color match I've ever found (including mufe, which everyone tells me can do pale skin but I found a little off for my neutralish/yellowish/white skin.) I wear the shade Siberia, which is yellow-tinted but still very pale. It blends beautifully - not having a pump is annoying but I just put a little product on the back of my hand and apply it from there with my fingers. I'd say definitely exfoliate and moisturize daily because this product easily picks up if you have any dry patches but it definitely doesn't create those dry patches. If I've exfoliated and moisturized - as I think most people need to do anyway - I never have a problem with Sheer Glow and dry patches, it makes the texture of my skin satiny and smooth. It doesn't oxidize to a weird, darker color like I've found with some Dior foundations either. It stays true to the color you picked out for your skin. I feel like the coverage it gives is perfect: it easily, without needing to build it up, Sheer Glow covers any red spots or unevenness. If anything, there might be a little TOO much coverage for those of you who prefer a very it's-as-if-I'm-not-wearing-makeup-but-actually-I-am kind of look.

So, the cons? I don't know, I can't give it five stars but it's the only foundation I will actually rebuy rather than just immediately trying something new. I do feel like I need to touch it up during the day to keep a flawless look because it does let oil come through, and it definitely looks like you're wearing foundation. I find it's more of an airbrushed, artificial look than a natural one.

This is the closest I've come to an HG foundation. For me, the color match of this foundation overrides any issues that I have with it, so if you feel like you're constantly searching for a foundation that isn't a shade or two too yellow/pink/beige for you I would definitely give this a try.

EDIT:

You know what - I'm going to bring this up from a 4 to a 5. I think I was unnecessarily harsh on a product that has really been such a benefit to me. I'm on my second bottle of it now - and I never re-buy foundations, I'm always moving onto the next thing. It feels lightweight and creamy to me, and blends beautifully into my skin. I have dry skin and sometimes don't need to set this with powder, if my skin gets a little shiny I just apply some pressed powder with a light touch. I haven't worn it in the summer yet so I don't know how it'll hold up but it works well within the office and in the winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2012 10:51:00 AM More reviews by hbeeteevee

My HG foundation. This stuff is perfect. I have fair, combination skin and the second to lightest shade suits me perfectly. I love this because of the way it blends into the skin(smooth and beautifully), the finish(soft, natural, medium coverage, slightly dewy), and the fact that a little goes a long way. Such a perfect foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2012 1:50:00 AM More reviews by Hairstylist17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this because the girl recommended it to me since I asked for a foundation with light coverage for dry skin that will last a work day. The first time I put it on I loved it. It made my skin look dewy and beautiful but within an hour it began to slide off and make me look greasy, I have dry skin! I purchased a primer and powder and tried it the next day that way and it made me look worse, like of my skin was peeling after a sunburn. It was disgusting! I really wanted to like this foundation and tried every application possible, with fingers, with foundation brush, with a sponge, with and without powder and primer and nothing worked. After about a month of using this I visited my mom and the first thing she asked me is why my skin looks so greasy. I gave up after that. I really don't see what the hype is about this product. It's overpriced and horrible! It needs a pump because it's very liquidy, which I like in a foundation but with this texture it would be much easier to work with if it had a pump. I wil never use this foundation again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2012 5:49:00 PM More reviews by leaveherbe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this foundation for years and really love it, the only reason i give it 4 not 5 is when I wear this foundation in the summer, it tends to melt on my face when I sweat, so i guess the oil-control isn't that great, other than that this foundation is perfect for winter time.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2012 7:32:00 AM More reviews by phy91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

HG alert!!
this foundation is awesome, I love it, and here's why:
1. formula is great, not too thick, not too thin
2. it is a dream to blend, you have so much time to make it really blend in well with your skin
3. it is so lightweight, I don't even feel like I have anything on
4. doesn't pick up on my dry patches (HOWEVER you need a really good moisturizer underneath, because otherwise it will accentuate them)
5. it hasn't broken me out (yet, will update if it will -- fingers crossed)
6. most perfect flawless finish
yet I have some cons with this product:
1. no pump, but it doesn't bother me that much because you need to shake the product really well before using it, and a pump would kind of defeat the purpose since you'd only use the amout already in the pump...
2. colormatch is mwah.. I was matched to mont blanc, and it is a little bit too pink for me, not really obvious but I like my foundation to be perfect, so what I do is I mix it with my diorskin forever (010 ivory) and it's the perfect color.
I will most definitley repurchase
****** UPDATE *****
I should go back and change every foundation review to will not buy again, because this one is everything I have ever looked for. I still love my dior, but nothing compares. I have played around with different application methods, and now I've settled on applying it with my stippling brush, it's just gorgeous. Also, it has not broken me out, I would recommend this to everyone!
YET, still not satisfied with the shade, I'm convinced the SA mismatched me, because I find mont blanc too pink for me (I guess gobi or siberia would have been a better match) however, I mix it with a drop of green corrector to reduce the pink and it's just perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2012 9:58:00 AM More reviews by littlecrush

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

My search for the perfect foundation is OVER.I have fallen in love with this.I was a little skeptical since it's so expensive and it's meant for dry skin types.But Tahoe is the absolute perfect match for my skin.I was amazed.It doesn't last really really long but I don't mind that because I'm not wearing it for that long anyway.I just wanted to test out it's longevity.It has a wonderful natural finish and medium,buildable coverage,which I also love.I kept looking for full coverage makeup when I actually don't need that much.I just need to add on to spots that need a little more coverage.For the summer time,I'll try the Sheer Matte.I took off a lippie because I have to purchase a pump.It's only $6 but it should at least be included.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2012 6:41:00 PM More reviews by xoJeniVeeox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I decided to pick this up after all the great reviews I read about this product. It definitely has a beautiful natural finish but I wouldn't recommend this to anyone who has dry skin or acne scars because its a medium coverage foundation and it looks flakey on dry skin. I recommend exfoliating and moisturizing on a regular basis if you want a flawless finish. I've also noticed that its best to set this foundation with a finishing powder as it tends to turn oily. Overall, it has a beautiful finish and its the best foundation Ive tried.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2012 3:45:00 PM More reviews by chiscoe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Color matches perfectly - Mont Blanc. I used primer and set with powder, but after 4 hours of sitting at a desk, I looked in the mirror and the make up sunk into my pores and looked cakey. Very bad.