Dior Diorshow Black Out Mascara

3.5

Aqua (Water), Paraffin, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Acacia Senegal (Acacia Senegal Gum), Cera Alba (Beeswax), Hydroxyethyl-Cellulose, Glycerin, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium Cetyl Phenyl Ether Di Sulfonate, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. /- May Contain: Mica, CI 77491, 77492, 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77266 (Black 2), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens).

on 7/2/2007 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I was really happy with the deep, dark color. I have fair skin and felt kind of dangerous putting this in my shopping basket. How wonderful when the darker black just brought out my blue eyes even more, made my lashes look more plentiful. Love the volume as well, and now that I've tested it in the San Fernando Valley in July, I am pleased to report that it holds up well against the heat with no smudging at all. The only two cons: it's pricey at 23 bucks and the brush is huge. But who cares? Rich pitch black! Yes, I would buy again.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really don't know why this product is getting so much hate.. I absolutely love it. It is by far the best mascara I have tried. It goes on smoothly, and if you use the wand correctly, it will not clump.
I wasn't a huge fan of the original Diorshow Mascara, but this one is the perfect mascara.

on 6/20/2007 7:46:00 AM

I don't understand why this product has such low ratings! I wore it yesterday in the 86 degree humidity to the beach, and there wasn't a smudge to be seen! I agree you can get a lot of product on the brush, but you just have to take your time. One coat is all it took to get my lashes really dark (love the pigment on my blonde lashes), long, and the curl stayed as well. I really like this, and was pleasantly surprised!

on 6/18/2007 9:20:00 PM

I am a big fan of the Diorshow brand; love the "normal" and coloured mascaras and the skinflash corrector/highlighter. But this was such a disappointment! I thought I was buying Diorshow only blacker! Instead I get mascara that is runny, clumpy already on the wand and super-clumpy on my lashes already on the first round of application. The brush seems smaller than with the brush of the original formula, and the product is distributed on it very unevenly - perhaps this is one of the reasons to all the clumpiness. Staypower is non-existent; it vritually smudges before lunch, even in an air-conditioned environment. I am soo disappointed, I thought I had found the holy grail of mascaras (Diorshow finish in jetblack, a dream right??) but I found something that does not even correspond to most drugstore brands! What a pity.

on 6/18/2007 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am a contact lens wearer and have a lot of trouble with most mascaras that add a lot of volume or length, so I typically stick to my Kiss Kiss mascara. I read some reviews of this and while in a major state of Sephoria ;) I tossed a tube in my basket. I figured it would be a mistake since my sensitive eyes mean that most mascaras are uncomfortable after a few hours of wear.

The color is just as promised -- very sooty black. The brush is gigantic, so much so that I take a spoolie and wiggle it over the Black Out brush and then use the spoolie to apply and immediately brush through it with a clean spoolie. Makes my lashes look so full and dramatic! Does a great job gently curling my lashes, too. I do two coats using this method and it lasts a long time without flaking or smudging at all. I haven't had any clumping issues, either.

This morning I tried a coat of DiorShow and then a coat of Black Out and the look is amazing, too, though we'll see how it wears as the day goes on...

on 6/17/2007 12:59:00 PM

Sorry but this mascara was HORRIBLE. I am always into buying different brands and trying them out and I bought this one because i used the Dior Show Waterproof mascara before and had liked it and thought this would be great also and maybe even darker in color. I did have some minor problems in clumping but the MAIN PROBLEM I had was that after only a couple hours of wear and that is me sitting my my air conditioned house I had RACCOON EYES. I tried this for a couple days as i though it was just me or something on that day, have a bad eyelash day but NO every day it was the same. I took this back to Sephor and exchanged it for Clinque's nerw definition mascara, the one with the cool comb on one side and I LOVE THAT, so will be reviewing that for all and not to mention the CLinque is cheaper. So this one was NO GO AND DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY.

on 6/15/2007 6:34:00 PM

AWFUL, I repeat, AWFUL mascara. For the price I paid for this, $36/CDN, I expected a clump-free, staying mascara. Boy was I wrong. It clumps like crazy, and don't even think about putting on two coats. It also smudges and flakes off. Totally gross. I will never ever buy this again. So all you girls getting sucked into ads like I did, beware, this product SUCKS.

on 6/10/2007 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This mascara is great! it makes my green eyes really pop it lasts all day long.. i dont know why this is getting bad reviews its a great mascara one of the best i have tried... and i have tried alot...

on 5/30/2007 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Thickens my lashes and is a nice jet black color. Does clump a bit-but easily fixed with lash comb. Nice size tube of product.

on 5/28/2007 7:59:00 PM

My HG mascara. I was never really happy with the original Dior Show mascara, so I was hesitant to try the new one. I am SO happy I did. This lengthened and curled my lashes without ANY clumps at all. I received compliments on it ALL DAY, and was asked twice if I was wearing false eyelashes. I worked out later on in the day, and although I was sweating like crazy, my mascara didn't smudge at all. Worth every penny.