Dior Diorshow Black Out Mascara

3.5

Aqua (Water), Paraffin, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Acacia Senegal (Acacia Senegal Gum), Cera Alba (Beeswax), Hydroxyethyl-Cellulose, Glycerin, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium Cetyl Phenyl Ether Di Sulfonate, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. /- May Contain: Mica, CI 77491, 77492, 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77266 (Black 2), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens).

on 6/18/2007 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am a contact lens wearer and have a lot of trouble with most mascaras that add a lot of volume or length, so I typically stick to my Kiss Kiss mascara. I read some reviews of this and while in a major state of Sephoria ;) I tossed a tube in my basket. I figured it would be a mistake since my sensitive eyes mean that most mascaras are uncomfortable after a few hours of wear.

The color is just as promised -- very sooty black. The brush is gigantic, so much so that I take a spoolie and wiggle it over the Black Out brush and then use the spoolie to apply and immediately brush through it with a clean spoolie. Makes my lashes look so full and dramatic! Does a great job gently curling my lashes, too. I do two coats using this method and it lasts a long time without flaking or smudging at all. I haven't had any clumping issues, either.

This morning I tried a coat of DiorShow and then a coat of Black Out and the look is amazing, too, though we'll see how it wears as the day goes on...

on 6/17/2007 12:59:00 PM

Sorry but this mascara was HORRIBLE. I am always into buying different brands and trying them out and I bought this one because i used the Dior Show Waterproof mascara before and had liked it and thought this would be great also and maybe even darker in color. I did have some minor problems in clumping but the MAIN PROBLEM I had was that after only a couple hours of wear and that is me sitting my my air conditioned house I had RACCOON EYES. I tried this for a couple days as i though it was just me or something on that day, have a bad eyelash day but NO every day it was the same. I took this back to Sephor and exchanged it for Clinque's nerw definition mascara, the one with the cool comb on one side and I LOVE THAT, so will be reviewing that for all and not to mention the CLinque is cheaper. So this one was NO GO AND DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY.

on 6/15/2007 6:34:00 PM

AWFUL, I repeat, AWFUL mascara. For the price I paid for this, $36/CDN, I expected a clump-free, staying mascara. Boy was I wrong. It clumps like crazy, and don't even think about putting on two coats. It also smudges and flakes off. Totally gross. I will never ever buy this again. So all you girls getting sucked into ads like I did, beware, this product SUCKS.

on 6/10/2007 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This mascara is great! it makes my green eyes really pop it lasts all day long.. i dont know why this is getting bad reviews its a great mascara one of the best i have tried... and i have tried alot...

on 5/30/2007 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Thickens my lashes and is a nice jet black color. Does clump a bit-but easily fixed with lash comb. Nice size tube of product.

on 5/28/2007 7:59:00 PM

My HG mascara. I was never really happy with the original Dior Show mascara, so I was hesitant to try the new one. I am SO happy I did. This lengthened and curled my lashes without ANY clumps at all. I received compliments on it ALL DAY, and was asked twice if I was wearing false eyelashes. I worked out later on in the day, and although I was sweating like crazy, my mascara didn't smudge at all. Worth every penny.

on 5/28/2007 12:45:00 PM

I was skeptical about paying so much for a mascara since I've been disappointed in the past. However, I must say that the $$ I spent on this mascara was some of the best spent. I curl my lashes and this doesn't weigh them down; a huge plus. It's a very black pigment which I prefer over the regular Diorshow mascara. The brush is a tad big but I like the arrangement of bristles. The formula is slightly wetter than I prefer but for evening wear, it's just right.

on 5/28/2007 12:39:00 PM

This is the blackest of the black mascaras. It is highly pigmented, which allows me to use only one coat and not look too made up. I hope they make this a permanent addition to their product line.

on 5/22/2007 5:44:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I got this the day BEFORE it was supposed to be released at Holt Renfrew. One of the Dior MAs told me about it, and I kinda went nuts for it, and I was only in Toronto for that day.. so he was nice and sold it to me ahead of time :)
Gotta say, that I completely fell for the sheer idea of a blacker than black mascara. I mean, its such a perfect concept, its brilliant. And when I put it on, couldn't immediately tell the difference between it and my old Diorshow... but when I put on my black liquid liner--BlackOut made the liner look dark grey. That is when I could really tell the difference.. Also, I find with blackout, you dont get any shadowy variations of colour throughout your lashes--its just all solid black. I don't have to put eyeliner on my top lid, because BlackOut defines it enough for me, which never happens with another mascara.
I love the original Diorshow, and it gives me more volume than this one... But BlackOut gives good length, and doesnt clump at all for me. I think it is a beautiful mascara, and I will continue to purchase both Diorshow and BlackOut.

on 5/15/2007 11:19:00 AM

I am in *love* with this new Diorshow mascara. I normally use regular Diorshow, but when I went to pick up a new tube I saw the Blackout and decided to give it a try instead. I'm really glad I did. It gives me beautiful, super-black, long lashes and it doesn't clump or flake on me. Even though it's not waterproof I haven't had any problems with smudging and my lashes are as long and curled at the end of the day as they were when I applied it in the morning... and this is after a full day of work in a retail establishment. I haven't had any problems with my lashes not being thick enough. In fact, I always found regular Diorshow to make my lashes so thick they stuck together, which was annoying. Regular Diorshow also always wilted after a few hours on me and then I had to reapply. Surprisingly I've even received compliments on how pretty my eyes look just in the two days I've been wearing this. I'll definitely keep buying it.