July 26, 2014 | 1115 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Black Out Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2007 5:44:00 PM More reviews by milenacka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this the day BEFORE it was supposed to be released at Holt Renfrew. One of the Dior MAs told me about it, and I kinda went nuts for it, and I was only in Toronto for that day.. so he was nice and sold it to me ahead of time :)
Gotta say, that I completely fell for the sheer idea of a blacker than black mascara. I mean, its such a perfect concept, its brilliant. And when I put it on, couldn't immediately tell the difference between it and my old Diorshow... but when I put on my black liquid liner--BlackOut made the liner look dark grey. That is when I could really tell the difference.. Also, I find with blackout, you dont get any shadowy variations of colour throughout your lashes--its just all solid black. I don't have to put eyeliner on my top lid, because BlackOut defines it enough for me, which never happens with another mascara.
I love the original Diorshow, and it gives me more volume than this one... But BlackOut gives good length, and doesnt clump at all for me. I think it is a beautiful mascara, and I will continue to purchase both Diorshow and BlackOut.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2007 11:19:00 AM More reviews by Daerena

I am in *love* with this new Diorshow mascara. I normally use regular Diorshow, but when I went to pick up a new tube I saw the Blackout and decided to give it a try instead. I'm really glad I did. It gives me beautiful, super-black, long lashes and it doesn't clump or flake on me. Even though it's not waterproof I haven't had any problems with smudging and my lashes are as long and curled at the end of the day as they were when I applied it in the morning... and this is after a full day of work in a retail establishment. I haven't had any problems with my lashes not being thick enough. In fact, I always found regular Diorshow to make my lashes so thick they stuck together, which was annoying. Regular Diorshow also always wilted after a few hours on me and then I had to reapply. Surprisingly I've even received compliments on how pretty my eyes look just in the two days I've been wearing this. I'll definitely keep buying it.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2007 5:26:00 AM More reviews by pink_stilettos

Nothing special about this mascara, in fact it was a dissapointment. firstly, the brush is a tad big so application is a lil hard, especially for lower lashes (i prefer medium mascara brushes like Lancome's or Stila's). after having it on for abt 2-3 hours, my lashes clumped together and i find it hard to blink my eyes bcoz the upper n lower lashes are like gonna clump together as well - something i've never expect to get from a high-end mascara.. Lengthening and volumizing factors are so-so. It's pricey for a mascara that doesn't do anything out of the ordinary. Won't purchase it. Lancome Hypnose is still my HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2007 10:38:00 PM More reviews by hippiechicxox

I don't know why this is getting such bad reviews.

I am in love with this mascara as it is now my HG.

It gives a perfect doe-eyed look, and really is a VERY black shade. It's not clumpy and lengthens and thickens. My only issue is that sometimes too much comes out on the brush, but this can be fixed with wiping it.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2007 7:58:00 AM More reviews by Meg82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I normally use the regular DiorShow, but when I went to my local department store, this mascara caught my eye. I was told by the salesgirl that this would be exactly the same as DiorShow but a richer black and smaller brush, so I decided to give it a go. I am taking it back tomorrow. This was dreadful!! It is so wet it clumps your lashes together immediately and smudges like mad. I am so disappointed! Especially when I paid $49 AU for this :( Like some of the other reviewers here I also found that even when using eye makeup remover, it still doesnt get all the mascara off-even though the cleansing pad looked clean, I still got smudges on my pillow!! Grrr! This is the first review I have written on here-this product was so bad I didn't want people to make the same mistake as me! STICK TO REGULAR DIORSHOW!!! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2007 6:25:00 AM More reviews by Sjjj2002

HG Mascara. I love the enormous brush. This mascara is a breeze to apply and makes me look like I have fake eyelashes on!!! Simply Amazing!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2007 3:54:00 PM More reviews by ekdumas19

So if you go into Sephora and are sucked in by this new limited edition Dior mascara, do not buy it! I was so enthralled by the dark pigment factor that I decided to purchase this instead of the classic Dior Show that i intended to buy. I asked the saleslady if she recommended it, and she gave it great reviews. So once I got home, I put it on, and while it seemed to be a little bit darker, it clumped liike nothing I have ever seen before. It was very smudgy, and didnt even really seem to lengthen my lashes at all. What a rip-off. I should returned it, as the next week I just went back and bought plain old Dior Show. Ugg!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2007 2:55:00 AM More reviews by Snowwhitie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of the worst mascaras I've ever tried. Clumps, difficult to apply, and the effect is raccoon eyes. And it hardly comes off! This is not worth the money at all. I like the standard Diorshow Mascara, but this has nothing in common.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2007 2:47:00 PM More reviews by rubyredcherrypie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Mascara is very hit or miss, and what one person loves others will hate, so if you have short, light colored, not thick lashes read on.
This isn't the "blacker" version of Diorshow- for one the brush is smaller on this version, which is nice for me to be able to build length. Color wise it's not any darker than other black mascaras, at least not enough to be noticably different. The pigment does last though, and using eye makeup remover is pretty much required(but still, there will be leftover pigment).
This gave my lashes length without making them look like spider legs, it works really great for me and i love it. It didn't smudge or flake. It gives a nice doe-eyed look.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2007 1:43:00 AM More reviews by soradical

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried several mascaras in the past few weeks and this one has been by far, the best mascara. Yes, it is a little thick and if you already have long full lashes, it would be too much but for someone like me who has really sparse short asian lashes - it really does wonders! It gave me this full thick lashes that stayed curled, did not flake and stayed curled for over 12 hours. It did smudge a bit but it was raining a bit today, so will have to see what happens on a sunny day. The price is a little high - and I found the max factor 2000 calorie to be quite close to the effect but was more dry and I felt as though I had mascara on whereas the dior blackout felt quite light. I can see how this may be a little too much for some people but for someone like me who has been searching and searching to have lashes - this has been the one.