April 20, 2014 | 1487 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Black Out Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2007 11:19:00 AM More reviews by Daerena

I am in *love* with this new Diorshow mascara. I normally use regular Diorshow, but when I went to pick up a new tube I saw the Blackout and decided to give it a try instead. I'm really glad I did. It gives me beautiful, super-black, long lashes and it doesn't clump or flake on me. Even though it's not waterproof I haven't had any problems with smudging and my lashes are as long and curled at the end of the day as they were when I applied it in the morning... and this is after a full day of work in a retail establishment. I haven't had any problems with my lashes not being thick enough. In fact, I always found regular Diorshow to make my lashes so thick they stuck together, which was annoying. Regular Diorshow also always wilted after a few hours on me and then I had to reapply. Surprisingly I've even received compliments on how pretty my eyes look just in the two days I've been wearing this. I'll definitely keep buying it.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2007 5:26:00 AM More reviews by pink_stilettos

Nothing special about this mascara, in fact it was a dissapointment. firstly, the brush is a tad big so application is a lil hard, especially for lower lashes (i prefer medium mascara brushes like Lancome's or Stila's). after having it on for abt 2-3 hours, my lashes clumped together and i find it hard to blink my eyes bcoz the upper n lower lashes are like gonna clump together as well - something i've never expect to get from a high-end mascara.. Lengthening and volumizing factors are so-so. It's pricey for a mascara that doesn't do anything out of the ordinary. Won't purchase it. Lancome Hypnose is still my HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2007 10:38:00 PM More reviews by hippiechicxox

I don't know why this is getting such bad reviews.

I am in love with this mascara as it is now my HG.

It gives a perfect doe-eyed look, and really is a VERY black shade. It's not clumpy and lengthens and thickens. My only issue is that sometimes too much comes out on the brush, but this can be fixed with wiping it.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2007 7:58:00 AM More reviews by Meg82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I normally use the regular DiorShow, but when I went to my local department store, this mascara caught my eye. I was told by the salesgirl that this would be exactly the same as DiorShow but a richer black and smaller brush, so I decided to give it a go. I am taking it back tomorrow. This was dreadful!! It is so wet it clumps your lashes together immediately and smudges like mad. I am so disappointed! Especially when I paid $49 AU for this :( Like some of the other reviewers here I also found that even when using eye makeup remover, it still doesnt get all the mascara off-even though the cleansing pad looked clean, I still got smudges on my pillow!! Grrr! This is the first review I have written on here-this product was so bad I didn't want people to make the same mistake as me! STICK TO REGULAR DIORSHOW!!! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2007 6:25:00 AM More reviews by Sjjj2002

HG Mascara. I love the enormous brush. This mascara is a breeze to apply and makes me look like I have fake eyelashes on!!! Simply Amazing!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2007 3:54:00 PM More reviews by ekdumas19

So if you go into Sephora and are sucked in by this new limited edition Dior mascara, do not buy it! I was so enthralled by the dark pigment factor that I decided to purchase this instead of the classic Dior Show that i intended to buy. I asked the saleslady if she recommended it, and she gave it great reviews. So once I got home, I put it on, and while it seemed to be a little bit darker, it clumped liike nothing I have ever seen before. It was very smudgy, and didnt even really seem to lengthen my lashes at all. What a rip-off. I should returned it, as the next week I just went back and bought plain old Dior Show. Ugg!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2007 2:55:00 AM More reviews by Snowwhitie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of the worst mascaras I've ever tried. Clumps, difficult to apply, and the effect is raccoon eyes. And it hardly comes off! This is not worth the money at all. I like the standard Diorshow Mascara, but this has nothing in common.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2007 2:47:00 PM More reviews by rubyredcherrypie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Mascara is very hit or miss, and what one person loves others will hate, so if you have short, light colored, not thick lashes read on.
This isn't the "blacker" version of Diorshow- for one the brush is smaller on this version, which is nice for me to be able to build length. Color wise it's not any darker than other black mascaras, at least not enough to be noticably different. The pigment does last though, and using eye makeup remover is pretty much required(but still, there will be leftover pigment).
This gave my lashes length without making them look like spider legs, it works really great for me and i love it. It didn't smudge or flake. It gives a nice doe-eyed look.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2007 1:43:00 AM More reviews by soradical

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried several mascaras in the past few weeks and this one has been by far, the best mascara. Yes, it is a little thick and if you already have long full lashes, it would be too much but for someone like me who has really sparse short asian lashes - it really does wonders! It gave me this full thick lashes that stayed curled, did not flake and stayed curled for over 12 hours. It did smudge a bit but it was raining a bit today, so will have to see what happens on a sunny day. The price is a little high - and I found the max factor 2000 calorie to be quite close to the effect but was more dry and I felt as though I had mascara on whereas the dior blackout felt quite light. I can see how this may be a little too much for some people but for someone like me who has been searching and searching to have lashes - this has been the one.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/28/2007 10:04:00 PM More reviews by tagg

HATE HATE HATE!!!
I'd like to know why the geniuses at Christian Dior hate their customers so much that they have put this on the marketplace. Were they abused in some way by a mascara-wearing woman and now they're trying to get back at her by punishing all of womenkind?
This is hellish to get on and even more hellish to get off. But if you like to have three giant, clumped-together, tarantula-leglike eyelashes on each eye then go ahead and buy it.
Seriously... I loved Maximeyes, and before that Mascara Parfait... nice big flushy brushes and mascara that did not clump. For some reason they are no longer available.
I like Diorshow for evening and thought Black Out would be comparable. WRONG!! It clumps, it runs, it makes my lashes look oddly stumpy, is horrid to remove and generally is crap. Expensive crap.
I tried changing the brush to an old (clean) Diorshow one, as these brushes are much fluffier and I thought it might reduce the clumping. Well, it did help a bit, but there is still no way that I can stand to use this mascara. It frustrates me so much that this morning I threw it across the room.
Just a gross, horrible experience using this stuff. STAY AWAY from it!!!