November 27, 2014 | 1354 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Black Out Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2007 3:47:00 PM More reviews by peeesh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This mascara is great! it makes my green eyes really pop it lasts all day long.. i dont know why this is getting bad reviews its a great mascara one of the best i have tried... and i have tried alot...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2007 11:41:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Thickens my lashes and is a nice jet black color. Does clump a bit-but easily fixed with lash comb. Nice size tube of product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2007 7:59:00 PM More reviews by OnlyKC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My HG mascara. I was never really happy with the original Dior Show mascara, so I was hesitant to try the new one. I am SO happy I did. This lengthened and curled my lashes without ANY clumps at all. I received compliments on it ALL DAY, and was asked twice if I was wearing false eyelashes. I worked out later on in the day, and although I was sweating like crazy, my mascara didn't smudge at all. Worth every penny.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2007 12:45:00 PM More reviews by escalades

I was skeptical about paying so much for a mascara since I've been disappointed in the past. However, I must say that the $$ I spent on this mascara was some of the best spent. I curl my lashes and this doesn't weigh them down; a huge plus. It's a very black pigment which I prefer over the regular Diorshow mascara. The brush is a tad big but I like the arrangement of bristles. The formula is slightly wetter than I prefer but for evening wear, it's just right.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2007 12:39:00 PM More reviews by MollyBelle

This is the blackest of the black mascaras. It is highly pigmented, which allows me to use only one coat and not look too made up. I hope they make this a permanent addition to their product line.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2007 5:44:00 PM More reviews by milenacka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this the day BEFORE it was supposed to be released at Holt Renfrew. One of the Dior MAs told me about it, and I kinda went nuts for it, and I was only in Toronto for that day.. so he was nice and sold it to me ahead of time :)
Gotta say, that I completely fell for the sheer idea of a blacker than black mascara. I mean, its such a perfect concept, its brilliant. And when I put it on, couldn't immediately tell the difference between it and my old Diorshow... but when I put on my black liquid liner--BlackOut made the liner look dark grey. That is when I could really tell the difference.. Also, I find with blackout, you dont get any shadowy variations of colour throughout your lashes--its just all solid black. I don't have to put eyeliner on my top lid, because BlackOut defines it enough for me, which never happens with another mascara.
I love the original Diorshow, and it gives me more volume than this one... But BlackOut gives good length, and doesnt clump at all for me. I think it is a beautiful mascara, and I will continue to purchase both Diorshow and BlackOut.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2007 11:19:00 AM More reviews by Daerena

I am in *love* with this new Diorshow mascara. I normally use regular Diorshow, but when I went to pick up a new tube I saw the Blackout and decided to give it a try instead. I'm really glad I did. It gives me beautiful, super-black, long lashes and it doesn't clump or flake on me. Even though it's not waterproof I haven't had any problems with smudging and my lashes are as long and curled at the end of the day as they were when I applied it in the morning... and this is after a full day of work in a retail establishment. I haven't had any problems with my lashes not being thick enough. In fact, I always found regular Diorshow to make my lashes so thick they stuck together, which was annoying. Regular Diorshow also always wilted after a few hours on me and then I had to reapply. Surprisingly I've even received compliments on how pretty my eyes look just in the two days I've been wearing this. I'll definitely keep buying it.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2007 5:26:00 AM More reviews by pink_stilettos

Nothing special about this mascara, in fact it was a dissapointment. firstly, the brush is a tad big so application is a lil hard, especially for lower lashes (i prefer medium mascara brushes like Lancome's or Stila's). after having it on for abt 2-3 hours, my lashes clumped together and i find it hard to blink my eyes bcoz the upper n lower lashes are like gonna clump together as well - something i've never expect to get from a high-end mascara.. Lengthening and volumizing factors are so-so. It's pricey for a mascara that doesn't do anything out of the ordinary. Won't purchase it. Lancome Hypnose is still my HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2007 10:38:00 PM More reviews by hippiechicxox

I don't know why this is getting such bad reviews.

I am in love with this mascara as it is now my HG.

It gives a perfect doe-eyed look, and really is a VERY black shade. It's not clumpy and lengthens and thickens. My only issue is that sometimes too much comes out on the brush, but this can be fixed with wiping it.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2007 7:58:00 AM More reviews by Meg82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I normally use the regular DiorShow, but when I went to my local department store, this mascara caught my eye. I was told by the salesgirl that this would be exactly the same as DiorShow but a richer black and smaller brush, so I decided to give it a go. I am taking it back tomorrow. This was dreadful!! It is so wet it clumps your lashes together immediately and smudges like mad. I am so disappointed! Especially when I paid $49 AU for this :( Like some of the other reviewers here I also found that even when using eye makeup remover, it still doesnt get all the mascara off-even though the cleansing pad looked clean, I still got smudges on my pillow!! Grrr! This is the first review I have written on here-this product was so bad I didn't want people to make the same mistake as me! STICK TO REGULAR DIORSHOW!!! :)