BeneFit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous

3.1

This foundation is exactly what i've been looking for. It evens the skin tone, feels wonderful and light and breathable, not greasy.

on 1/7/2007 4:24:00 PM

wow! This was what I wanted the Cover Girl compact cream makeups to be! Only this product does NOT break me out or make me look pasty like the CG did! I initially thought this would be too dark for my pale olive skin, but as I blended it in all over my face, I found that it was good at evening out my skin, and looked natural in daylight. I apply concealor on my undereye circles and I am good to go! I can also apply trans powder over this, or cream blush. SKAG grabs powder blushes like a magnet so I tone those with translucent powder before applying. I would surely buy SKAG again, because it is so trouble-free to apply even on my lazy days.

on 1/7/2007 3:06:00 PM

This is a total miracle product! I tend to think some of the Benefit product concepts are a bit hokey and don't go for them, but I was first drawn to this by the adorable packaging (I'm a record collector)! When I tried it on my skin, I was amazed. I'm pretty pale with yellow undertones. It disappears into my skin. I have dry patches, too, so usually foundations are very noticeable on me. Not the case with this one! I apply with my fingers and it goes on super smooth, almost liquifies upon contact, but it dries to a powdery finish and cannot be seen in even the most harsh light! Go to the counter and give it a try... I'm sure you'll be amazed. I am always disappointed, though, in Benefit's lack of consideration for those with other skintones.

on 1/2/2007 11:03:00 AM

Very nice product. Matches my skin perfectly which doesn't shock me as I have perfectly medium skin. Don't know how it would work for those who are quite light or dark.

I've never worn much foundation in my life (36 years old) because I have decently nice skin and others I've tried have made me look, well, made-up. This looks very natural, like I'm not wearing makeup. I have a feeling I'll be wearing this a lot on days when I just want to feel nice without a lot of makeup. I don't need powder with it, either, so can just throw it on or bring along in a bag for better-looking skin, fast.

Not crazy about the record-album packaging. I like pretty packaging, not goofy. But it's fine.

on 12/31/2006 10:38:00 PM

So far, I really love this product. Benefit some kind-a gorgeous is a "one shade fits all foundation faker," and suprisingly, unlike you rebel, the shade really DOES blend into most skin tones. It leaves a truly transparent finish while still covering redness and other discolorations. The trick, in my expirience, is to use your fingers or a brush to blend the product on. The sponge applies the product much too heavy for my tastes. It feels weightless on your skin, and starts out matte but gets dewier, not oilier throughout the day. Definately try this product!

on 12/30/2006 4:00:00 AM

im obssesed!!..

benefit foundations tend to be tricky & here comes a 1-shade-fits-all product that turns out really good..its feels light & sheer, not mask-like..goes on smooth..& it lasts, truly lasts!!..i luv its quirky package, very fun..

i was paranoic about foundations cus they were so "im wearing foundation" on my fair yellow skintone, but this 1 really does the trick..WILL buy it again, again, again..

on 12/24/2006 9:10:00 AM

I can't believe I'm in love with a Benefit "foundation". I passed this by so many times at Sephora and at my counters because it looks soooo greasy. Well, a wonderful MUAer sent me her Sephora deluxe sample cus I wanted to try it out so much (because of 2muchstuff's persistance). Well after a few days of trying it I ran out and bought a full size of it. It's wonderful for me. It goes on creamy but drys and feels powdery on. Doesn't feel greasy at all! The only thing that's not the greatest is the applicator it comes with. It's not bad, but could be a little better. I would definately (and will) repurchase. Price isn't too bad, $26 USD. OK, now I need to duck from the flames I'm about to get lol.

on 12/21/2006 2:55:00 PM

This was a product I expected to try once and toss-- I received a sample from Sephora, and after reading the reviews here I didn't expect much. BUT, as it turns out, this is a nice foundation if you are looking for something very sheer. They call it the "foundation faker," and that's a good way to put it. This is NOT going to work like a normal foundation in terms of coverage-- again, it is very light and sheer. That said, I have combo skin, and like another reviewer below I find that Some Kind-a Gorgeous is AMAZING at making the pores on my nose significantly less visible. I have been applying just a little bit of this with my fingers to areas of my face that need a bit of evening-out, and following up with Everyday Minerals finishing powder. Unlike a lot of creme-to-powder foundations, this one goes on very smoothly and evenly (no streaks), and although my skin is quite fair I am not having trouble with the color looking orange or too dark. It just blends right in. Maybe the trick is to just use a little of this with your fingers, skipping any kind of sponge applicator...?

on 12/19/2006 4:29:00 PM

Good sheer tint evens out my complexion. I seem to use a lot of this product to get the velvety finish I like, but I will definitely purchase again. The compact is too large (and cheap-looking) to carry in a small bag, however, so I took points off for packaging.

on 12/17/2006 1:30:00 PM

Another sucky Benefit product. :-( With Benefit, it's about the hype, not the quality.

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products