April 17, 2014 | 1858 users online

Crème - BeneFit Cosmetics - Some Kind-A Gorgeous

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 12/16/2006 3:55:00 PM More reviews by verseau03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I liked the texture of this foundation, felt very nice and light...not like I'm wearing foundation. I also like how the color matched my skin exactly (nw 20, Ivoire 4 N).

However, I would not buy this again. After an hour, my skin was so incredibly greasy...it feels like I covered my face in cooking oil.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2006 7:09:00 PM More reviews by juicylucy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have the sample size of it. I love it on my dry, NC25 skin. It gives me a real airbrushed look, and I don't need powder over it cos it doesn't budge (I hate powder!)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2006 1:02:00 PM More reviews by Lastcetra

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Amazing. I have very large pores on my nose and this is the only thing I have ever tried that makes them pratically invisible. I have very light skin and even though this looks dark in the container, it blended in perfectly. If I need more coverage, I put a little BE foundation over it. Before I tried this product, I could not use the mineral makeup at all because it made my pores look so huge. Now I just put Some Kind-A Gorgeous on first and my skin looks great. Lasts all day too. I can't belive it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2006 9:51:00 PM More reviews by 2muchstuff

Just shoot me. I can't believe I'm about to write a glowing review of a BeneFit product, much less a BeneFit foundation. I have tried items from this line off and on since its inception, and I've never found a winner. Until now. I got a sample of this foundation as a swap extra, and I tried it one night before bed just out of morbid curiousity--just to see how truly god-awful it was. I poked it with my index finger to try to ascertain its consistency--was it gooey, a clumpy gel, nasty, viscous cream...what sort of horrible mess might BeneFit have concocted this time? I settled on applying it with my Armani Blender Brush and stroked little, hesitant swipes across my NW25 cheeks. Hey, this stuff doens't suck! In disbelief, I loaded up my brush with more foundation and applied a full face of the stuff. The consistency was a smooth, creme to powder with a gel-like, silicone slip. It blended like a dream and the coverage, while light as air, was absolutely lovely. I even used it on my pernicious dark undereye circles. My whole face looked like my skin but better--smoother, more even-toned and glowy. I tried it the next morning, sure that it would turn green or blue or orange after a few hours' wear, but ten hours later my face still looked flawless. I can't believe it. I'm going to have to buy this product--this BENEFIT product! Maybe only the full-size product sucks? I'll let you know. Update 12/18/06: I bought the full size yesterday after burning through my deluxe sample. It's still perfect on my skin. I actually took it off the day I bought it to try the new GA "Shaping" Foundation, and I couldn't wait to get my Some Kind-A Gorgeous back on that side of my face. It's so natural looking. I'm hooked.

20 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2006 4:19:00 PM More reviews by loveis4lindsay

I'm the kind of girl who likes the staying power of a liquid foundation but hates the suffocating feel of it on my skin. Normally, I am a Bare Ecsentuals loyalist but as of late I am finding the mineral powder is not helping me out so much. My complexion is decent and my most major problems are redness around my nose, the occassional monthly blemish or two, and a forehead that tends to be a little bit shiny. So what do? After reading reviews here, I made a list of a few products and set out to Sephora. After debate and numerous trials, I settled on Benefit's Some Kind-a Gorgeous. So far (four days in) I am loving it. The product is quickly approaching personal HG status. I have a sort of medium olive skin tone so the formula seems to blend in nicely. Staying power is pretty decent, my skin looks good after a 9 hour day in the office, only requiring a touch up here and there. I like the consistency of the liquid/powder/creme and appreciate the ease of finger application. The packaging may look and feel cheap, but I am over that.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2006 6:13:00 PM More reviews by meitis

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had them use this on me at the benefit counter and EW. It just did not look good on me. Plus it only comes in one shade which is awful, because not everyone is the same color. It made me look way too dark and it actually kind of gave me a 5 o'clock shadow, So yeah, this is more for like a pre pubescent teen boy who really wants to look manly. Sorry, I don't mean this as being rude, this is just want it actually looked like on me; rugged. I guess this is more suitable for darker skin tones, then maybe it would work.
This is the truth in my opinion and also the makeup girl's, she emidately took this off of me and put on tea party with the play sticks which worked absolutely marvelous. I'm totally buying that one. This one may only work for the darker skin tones. Plus I didn't really like the way it felt. But this is just my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2006 9:07:00 PM More reviews by MelinaEck

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was having problems with having a very dull face after 6 hours on the job and needed something to keep me looking fresh all day! I was given Some Kind-a Gorgeous to try and fell in love with it! It keeps my face looking bright, fresh and totally matte all day long! I would definitely purchase again; however, the container it comes in really looks cheap.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2006 11:38:00 AM More reviews by sarahbella1012

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have mixed feelings about this product. I agree with the other recviewes that it is probably best for truly medium skintones. I am NW20 (MAC)and while it's a bit darker than what I'd choose, it blends in very well. I can get away with it in natural daylight without looking freakish. In any event, I am going to hang onto it for use in the summer when my skin is a bit darker or for a quick fix when needed. The packaging looks cheap, but BeneFit isn't known for superb packaging anyway. Also, the sponge that is provided is very thin.

I can see how some people would really love this product and some would think it's "just ok". I would not repurchase for the price. I am sure there are lower-end alternatives out there that would perform comparably.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2006 9:00:00 PM More reviews by swimchick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

AMAZING! I think this may be an HG! Looks very natural, feels like silk, hides imperfections, and takes away shine! It's sheer and soft and I just LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2006 12:45:00 PM More reviews by keahi

I got a sample of this from Sephora also and almost didn't try it because the idea of it strikes me as so absurd. One shade fits all? Are you kidding me? How many HE counters have I been to to have all number of SA's expertly match me to my foundation shades over the years? and not a single match has ever been truly perfect. Well. . . turns out I am one of the lucky ones this shade really works for--I must have truly medium skin--this stuff was MADE for me, it's unbelievable. It doesn't look like I am wearing any sort of base. . . my skin just looks better. The cutsy poopsy packaging makes me gag, and I usually hate most Benefit products, but I am buying this full size as soon as I use my 2 samples up (barring any strange skin reactions, of course).