September 18, 2014 | 1800 users online

Crème - BeneFit Cosmetics - Some Kind-A Gorgeous

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2006 10:38:00 PM More reviews by caitlinv

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So far, I really love this product. Benefit some kind-a gorgeous is a "one shade fits all foundation faker," and suprisingly, unlike you rebel, the shade really DOES blend into most skin tones. It leaves a truly transparent finish while still covering redness and other discolorations. The trick, in my expirience, is to use your fingers or a brush to blend the product on. The sponge applies the product much too heavy for my tastes. It feels weightless on your skin, and starts out matte but gets dewier, not oilier throughout the day. Definately try this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2006 4:00:00 AM More reviews by laura54

im obssesed!!..

benefit foundations tend to be tricky & here comes a 1-shade-fits-all product that turns out really good..its feels light & sheer, not mask-like..goes on smooth..& it lasts, truly lasts!!..i luv its quirky package, very fun..

i was paranoic about foundations cus they were so "im wearing foundation" on my fair yellow skintone, but this 1 really does the trick..WILL buy it again, again, again..

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2006 9:10:00 AM More reviews by nascar8girl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I can't believe I'm in love with a Benefit "foundation". I passed this by so many times at Sephora and at my counters because it looks soooo greasy. Well, a wonderful MUAer sent me her Sephora deluxe sample cus I wanted to try it out so much (because of 2muchstuff's persistance). Well after a few days of trying it I ran out and bought a full size of it. It's wonderful for me. It goes on creamy but drys and feels powdery on. Doesn't feel greasy at all! The only thing that's not the greatest is the applicator it comes with. It's not bad, but could be a little better. I would definately (and will) repurchase. Price isn't too bad, $26 USD. OK, now I need to duck from the flames I'm about to get lol.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2006 2:55:00 PM More reviews by rhorner79

This was a product I expected to try once and toss-- I received a sample from Sephora, and after reading the reviews here I didn't expect much. BUT, as it turns out, this is a nice foundation if you are looking for something very sheer. They call it the "foundation faker," and that's a good way to put it. This is NOT going to work like a normal foundation in terms of coverage-- again, it is very light and sheer. That said, I have combo skin, and like another reviewer below I find that Some Kind-a Gorgeous is AMAZING at making the pores on my nose significantly less visible. I have been applying just a little bit of this with my fingers to areas of my face that need a bit of evening-out, and following up with Everyday Minerals finishing powder. Unlike a lot of creme-to-powder foundations, this one goes on very smoothly and evenly (no streaks), and although my skin is quite fair I am not having trouble with the color looking orange or too dark. It just blends right in. Maybe the trick is to just use a little of this with your fingers, skipping any kind of sponge applicator...?

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2006 4:29:00 PM More reviews by rebelb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Good sheer tint evens out my complexion. I seem to use a lot of this product to get the velvety finish I like, but I will definitely purchase again. The compact is too large (and cheap-looking) to carry in a small bag, however, so I took points off for packaging.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2006 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Sammy311

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Another sucky Benefit product. :-( With Benefit, it's about the hype, not the quality.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/16/2006 3:55:00 PM More reviews by verseau03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I liked the texture of this foundation, felt very nice and light...not like I'm wearing foundation. I also like how the color matched my skin exactly (nw 20, Ivoire 4 N).

However, I would not buy this again. After an hour, my skin was so incredibly greasy...it feels like I covered my face in cooking oil.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2006 7:09:00 PM More reviews by juicylucy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have the sample size of it. I love it on my dry, NC25 skin. It gives me a real airbrushed look, and I don't need powder over it cos it doesn't budge (I hate powder!)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2006 1:02:00 PM More reviews by Lastcetra

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Amazing. I have very large pores on my nose and this is the only thing I have ever tried that makes them pratically invisible. I have very light skin and even though this looks dark in the container, it blended in perfectly. If I need more coverage, I put a little BE foundation over it. Before I tried this product, I could not use the mineral makeup at all because it made my pores look so huge. Now I just put Some Kind-A Gorgeous on first and my skin looks great. Lasts all day too. I can't belive it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2006 9:51:00 PM More reviews by 2muchstuff

Just shoot me. I can't believe I'm about to write a glowing review of a BeneFit product, much less a BeneFit foundation. I have tried items from this line off and on since its inception, and I've never found a winner. Until now. I got a sample of this foundation as a swap extra, and I tried it one night before bed just out of morbid curiousity--just to see how truly god-awful it was. I poked it with my index finger to try to ascertain its consistency--was it gooey, a clumpy gel, nasty, viscous cream...what sort of horrible mess might BeneFit have concocted this time? I settled on applying it with my Armani Blender Brush and stroked little, hesitant swipes across my NW25 cheeks. Hey, this stuff doens't suck! In disbelief, I loaded up my brush with more foundation and applied a full face of the stuff. The consistency was a smooth, creme to powder with a gel-like, silicone slip. It blended like a dream and the coverage, while light as air, was absolutely lovely. I even used it on my pernicious dark undereye circles. My whole face looked like my skin but better--smoother, more even-toned and glowy. I tried it the next morning, sure that it would turn green or blue or orange after a few hours' wear, but ten hours later my face still looked flawless. I can't believe it. I'm going to have to buy this product--this BENEFIT product! Maybe only the full-size product sucks? I'll let you know. Update 12/18/06: I bought the full size yesterday after burning through my deluxe sample. It's still perfect on my skin. I actually took it off the day I bought it to try the new GA "Shaping" Foundation, and I couldn't wait to get my Some Kind-A Gorgeous back on that side of my face. It's so natural looking. I'm hooked.

20 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No