Clarisonic Pro Skincare Brush

4.3

bliss beauty trio

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

First off, I'm very sad to see that the earliest review for this product was in 2005. I had no idea that it had been around for almost 3-4 years. To think that I could have been using the Clarisonic since 2005, and may have saved thousands in acne products, painful embarrassment, and dealing with three dermatologists makes me want to cry.
Ok enough of that :-) I've been using this product for about a month now. It's probably the best thing that has worked for my acne-prone skin, and I've been dealing with acne issues for about 10 years now (since I turned 12). My skin looks healthier, it has a glow to it. It feels clean, I can tell all of my makeup is removed. I also haven't had any breakouts. Yes it is expensive, but to think of the thousands and thousands that I spent on facials, lasers, antibiotics, birth control, plus all of products that they have for acne makes me ill. I think it is a great investment.
I know some people have had bad experiences with this product, but for every one bad review there are 20 good ones. Give it a try. I actually wish my dermatologists could have recommended this to me. It would have saved alot of time and embarrassment.

on 4/17/2009 2:21:00 PM

let me first say that this was a gift. i wanted this really badly, but i never would have ordered it myself because of the price. even with the great reviews, i was not spending $200 on what is essentially an oversized toothbrush for the face.

now that i've been using this since christmas, i would happily go out and buy another if this one ever died on me. i hope to god it doesn't obviously, but it's just that good. my skin requires a lot of exfoliation so i was mixing st ives apricot scrub with a regular cleanser every single day, it irritated my skin but any less than that and my skin wasn't soft.

the clarisonic has truly saved my skin. my skin is softer and for longer in the day than it has ever been before, my pores are smaller, and best of all, my skin isn't irritated at all.

this won't cure acne, but it does a great job of removing blackheads. everything sinks in faster, too. i always hated how long it took for my moisturizer to absorb, now it's like my skin sucks it up upon contact. i love this thing, idk how i went without it and still felt pretty.

on 4/17/2009 2:08:00 PM

I've been using the Clarisonic now for four months and I like it. I have very fair, sensitive skin and use the gentle brush on the gentle setting and have no problems. I have pretty clear skin, and I feel like this keeps it clear and really cleans well. I don't think this is a "must have item", and I could certainly live without it, but I do like it and it has become an enjoyable part of my skin care routine. I use it once a day (at night) to get my skin super-clean and prepped for my collection of serums/night creams and other anti-aging potions. It supposedly helps your skincare items work better, and I can definitely see how that could be true. It's still a "luxury" product for me at this point, but I can understand how this could be a HG for people with more oily/acne prone skin.

on 4/11/2009 1:06:00 PM

I started using the Clarisonic back in October. Originally, I used the "sensitive" brush head that came with it. My skin felt clean, but I would still get teeny little whiteheads every once in a while (I get these weird ones that are so small, and they start out as a small bump, rise to the surface overnight, and are ready to pop by morning. I know it could be worse, but they are still annoying). Also, I experienced an initial breakout using it. After 3 months (they recommend you change brushes every 3-4 months) I changed to the "normal" brush head. Since then, it has been smooth sailing. I haven't had a blemish since January--not one. My skin looks great. I use this morning and night with Alpha Hydrox Foaming Facewash. In the morning I apply MUAC gly-luronic serum afterwards (sometimes I use Alpha Hydrox 12% souffle instead. I alternate). At night, I apply Acne.org's BP afterwards. Once a week I use a French Green Clay mask--and I could not be happier. I do still have to extract blackheads on my nose because the brush head is too large to reach some places. Make sure you do not press this too harshly on your skin, especially with the "normal" brush. Give it some time; it's not a miracle worker after all :) But if you are patient, you will likely see good results.

on 4/10/2009 12:16:00 AM

I bought this at a discounted price..so I'm happy I didn't pay full price for this. I think it works good but it isn't great. If you can afford to spend $150 - $200 then go for it, but if not and you still want something that can clean just as good then I would suggest buying th Buf Pufs facial sponges. They have them in single use squares and it works just as good as the Clarisonic. I'm happy I bought my Clarisonic just because I own one..but I could live without it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

For removing all traces of makeup and dirt, this thing is great. I don't know if I'd use it every day, but once or twice a week or depending how my skin feels. I'm not sure if my skin feels any different than it used to, aside from just cleaner. It is very expensive, and I wouldn't have bought it if I couldn't pay in installments, but it's a nice tool to have for a nice facial massage/cleaning! I do still break out, so it's no miracle product. Maybe I just need to use it longer...

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I know this works for many people & they love it. However, this is not for people w/sensitive skin, imo. I tried not only the sensitive brush but the one for delicate skin too & they were both horrible on my sensitive skin. My skin loves microdermabrasion but not this. Also, I just hated the overall feel of the sonic vibrations...it was unnerving.

on 4/9/2009 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Ok, I bought the Clarisonic back in October and after 6 months, feel that I can now write a thoughtful review. I was a total skeptic, but my skin was going through such dramatic problems, I was desperate. My pores around my nose are huge and I have problems with periodic clogged pores. I also have mild acne flare ups, that can be more intense around my monthly, but overall, I generally have pretty good skin. I use the Clarisonic twice a day, every day except for two evenings during the week when I use the Olay Microdermabrasion kit. Clarisonic did not give me shout it from the rooftop results, but I will say that it helped diminish the severity of breakouts (except hormonal ones) and seems to keep my pores pretty clear. But what I love the most- I feel it DEFINITELY helps my products perform at their best. So, my Ambi Even & Clear moisturizer can truly do what its supposed to and my acne products work much, much better. The pimples that I do get, don't last as long because the products work better and the fade products I use for hyperpigmentation from breakouts seem to bring about results quicker.

The cleansers that come with the brush are too harsh, even the one created for my skin type. I tried it for a few days and it provided decent results, but after a week of use I felt like I was using detergent on my face and had some breakouts on my chin. I now alternate using the brush with my Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleanser and Olay Dual Action Cleanser + Pore Scrub. And I've had positive results. I got this brush for a discounted price, but after using it in my normal regimen, feel that I can't live without and if I had to pay full price for another, I would do it without hesitation.

on 4/8/2009 1:30:00 PM

After using this product for two months, it is finally time for me to write a review. I purchased this product mainly to try to get the blackheads on my nose under control. My pores are huge and clogged. I have mild acne that flares up mainly around my period but normally my skin (except for my nose) is usually acne free. After using the Clarisonic for two weeks, my face looked like a war zone. It was almost like being back in junior high again. I stuck with it though since I had read the warnings here about possible purging and flareups during the first period of use. The horrible breakouts went on for almost a month and then one day I woke up and my skin was perfectly clear. The pores on my nose were clean and much less noticible. The color and tone of my skin had become much more even and clearer. This truly is a wonderful little device. I wish that I had purchased a long time ago but I had kept putting it off because of the cost. I use it twice daily on the lowest speed with a mild liquid cleanser. Truly a miracle product!!!

on 4/8/2009 12:13:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

The first thing I have to say about this product is that it is totally worth the price! If you have problem skin of any kind this can help you. I was lucky enough to pick this up at a skin care convention at a reduced professional price, but after using this for a few months I would totally have paid full price. I did experience purging for the first 2 weeks, but I can see that my products are performing better. I would recommend this to my friends and clients.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools