September 22, 2014 | 1764 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Pro Skincare Brush

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2009 8:02:00 PM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

For removing all traces of makeup and dirt, this thing is great. I don't know if I'd use it every day, but once or twice a week or depending how my skin feels. I'm not sure if my skin feels any different than it used to, aside from just cleaner. It is very expensive, and I wouldn't have bought it if I couldn't pay in installments, but it's a nice tool to have for a nice facial massage/cleaning! I do still break out, so it's no miracle product. Maybe I just need to use it longer...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2009 1:59:00 PM More reviews by reikigoddess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I know this works for many people & they love it. However, this is not for people w/sensitive skin, imo. I tried not only the sensitive brush but the one for delicate skin too & they were both horrible on my sensitive skin. My skin loves microdermabrasion but not this. Also, I just hated the overall feel of the sonic vibrations...it was unnerving.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2009 11:46:00 AM More reviews by Lovelee_79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ok, I bought the Clarisonic back in October and after 6 months, feel that I can now write a thoughtful review. I was a total skeptic, but my skin was going through such dramatic problems, I was desperate. My pores around my nose are huge and I have problems with periodic clogged pores. I also have mild acne flare ups, that can be more intense around my monthly, but overall, I generally have pretty good skin. I use the Clarisonic twice a day, every day except for two evenings during the week when I use the Olay Microdermabrasion kit. Clarisonic did not give me shout it from the rooftop results, but I will say that it helped diminish the severity of breakouts (except hormonal ones) and seems to keep my pores pretty clear. But what I love the most- I feel it DEFINITELY helps my products perform at their best. So, my Ambi Even & Clear moisturizer can truly do what its supposed to and my acne products work much, much better. The pimples that I do get, don't last as long because the products work better and the fade products I use for hyperpigmentation from breakouts seem to bring about results quicker.

The cleansers that come with the brush are too harsh, even the one created for my skin type. I tried it for a few days and it provided decent results, but after a week of use I felt like I was using detergent on my face and had some breakouts on my chin. I now alternate using the brush with my Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleanser and Olay Dual Action Cleanser + Pore Scrub. And I've had positive results. I got this brush for a discounted price, but after using it in my normal regimen, feel that I can't live without and if I had to pay full price for another, I would do it without hesitation.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2009 1:30:00 PM More reviews by orangeade15

After using this product for two months, it is finally time for me to write a review. I purchased this product mainly to try to get the blackheads on my nose under control. My pores are huge and clogged. I have mild acne that flares up mainly around my period but normally my skin (except for my nose) is usually acne free. After using the Clarisonic for two weeks, my face looked like a war zone. It was almost like being back in junior high again. I stuck with it though since I had read the warnings here about possible purging and flareups during the first period of use. The horrible breakouts went on for almost a month and then one day I woke up and my skin was perfectly clear. The pores on my nose were clean and much less noticible. The color and tone of my skin had become much more even and clearer. This truly is a wonderful little device. I wish that I had purchased a long time ago but I had kept putting it off because of the cost. I use it twice daily on the lowest speed with a mild liquid cleanser. Truly a miracle product!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2009 12:13:00 AM More reviews by rpinto323

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

The first thing I have to say about this product is that it is totally worth the price! If you have problem skin of any kind this can help you. I was lucky enough to pick this up at a skin care convention at a reduced professional price, but after using this for a few months I would totally have paid full price. I did experience purging for the first 2 weeks, but I can see that my products are performing better. I would recommend this to my friends and clients.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2009 9:48:00 PM More reviews by lyuen82

This is the single best product to use on stubborn blackheads.
In fact, this has been the ONLY product I've used that has worked on my stubborn blackheads (on my nose).

Skin type:
I have super OILY, slightly dehydrated skin. Every few years, I break out massively. Im talking huge painful cystic acne all over my face (ive once counted more than 20). During these breakouts, I require a cocktail of medicated creams to get my skin back into control. I currently went through one of those outbreaks a few months ago. Am on differin and duac, which has cleared everything up. I am slowly weening myself off the creams and thus far- skin is clear with the occasional small pimple here and there. Still oily/slightly dehyrdated.
My nose is disgusting however. It literally looks as if every single pore on my nose clogged. Ive tried masks, biore strips, exfoliating my nose and nothing helps. The only way Ive managed to clear up my nose a bit is by extracting and picking. This only helps a bit and within a few or two, it gets clogged again. I pretty much had resigned myself to having a clogged nose forever.

Routine:
I use the Clarisonic brush for a minute on my face with my shiseido foaming cleanser.

Results:
It makes my skin feel smoother but honestly -it's nothing to write home about. It hasnt really made my skin look nicer.
However after using it for only 3 days, my nose is about 80% unclogged! i can't believe it. The sides of my nose is still a bit congested but a lot better. the top of my nose is completely cleaned out. I think it has to do with the vibrations of the brush.

The results on my clogged nose is worth the pricey tag. I would continueto use this solely for the benefits of my nose.
Anyone who has stubborn blackheads/clogged pores on nose MUST try this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2009 12:46:00 PM More reviews by violoniste

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I asked my new facialist, with whom I was very pleased, whether or not she thought the Clarisonic would help my congested (non-inflamed acne -- mostly just clogged pores) skin. She said that she herself loves the new model, and she thought it would help with blackheads and the dry patches below the corners of my mouth. When I got home, I snagged the last available "Pro 4-Speed" unit on Amazon for $158 and free shipping. After the first day of use, I noticed a difference in the texture and feel of my skin. And strangely, my skin looks less red and more even after I cleanse with it. After a week of use, my chronic small blackheads on my nose and the sides of my nose have almost completely subsided. This weekend, a friend complemented me on my "glowing" skin. Because I can actually physically feel with my fingertips how much smoother my skin feels, it doesn't seem like that big a stretch for the company to advertise that the device helps your treatment products absorb better. Stubborn clogs on my cheeks are finally starting to subside. Plus, this brush is just a pleasure to incorporate into my ritual -- it really makes me feel like I am doing something good for my skin. I am planning on purchasing the attachment for the body for use on chest, back, legs, elbows, you name it. I'm very pleased and am glad I took the plunge, thanks to my facialist's recommendation and the reviews here on MUA.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2009 10:47:00 PM More reviews by shan1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I feel like I can give this a fair review after using it for a month. At first I was really not that impressed, but now my skin looks and feels so much better. I have not had any new breakouts since I started using this. I think this was the answer to my acne prayers. I only use it once a day. It IS too expensive, but if you look on eBay you should be able to find it way cheaper. I got mine for $154 with free shipping and it is pink with four speeds. That fourth speed is HARSH in my opinion! I guess if you really need a good scrubbin' it would great for ya, but too harsh for my sensitive skin. I also think it is totally making my fine lines (and pores) look less :) If anything changes, I will update this.

Update: been over two months and my skin looks WONDERFUL!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2009 5:13:00 AM More reviews by Mireille

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this item a lot and am getting good value from it. I Here are a couple of tips that have worked for me:

1. Disinfect your brush head at least once a week. Put it in a cup of boiled water with a tiny bit of bleach. That should go a long way toward preventing breakouts due to using this brush.

2. Pre-wash your face before using it, especially if you have heavy sunscreen and foundation on. Otherwise you risk pushing these products into your face rather than removing them with the brush. I noticed how dirty the brush was before I started doing this. It only takes a few extra seconds to give your face a quick pre-wash.

3. Use the gentlest cleanser you can find, once you pre-cleanse your face.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2009 10:39:00 PM More reviews by cali

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a Clarisonic Pro with a gentle brush head. It took a little while for my combo/sensitive/mild rosacea skin to become comfortable with it, but I found using it every two or three days seems to do the trick for me. The pricing is ridiculous, but at least it will last me forever. It does help my makeup go on smoother and get rid of dry, flaky patches so that's a definite plus. It also seems to help my rosacea serums sink in better. Would repurchase if I had to, but really hope I never have too!!
UPDATE 6/5/10 - I stopped using this for like 6-8 months. I guess I just got lazy and I thought it was starting to break me out too much. During that time when I quit the clarisonic, I was using plain rhassoul clay as a mask and a scrub. This worked for a while but I needed a deeper clean. I bust out with my clarisonic this week and boy, can I tell the difference. Got rid of all my flakies and helped make the pores on my nose look cleaner. Its not a miracle product but I do think that its probably the best exfoliation treatment around. (I haven't tried microfiber cloths so cant compare). I feel silly now that I stopped using this and will definitely keep this a regular part of my skin care routine.