August 20, 2014 | 1628 users online

Styling Products - TRESemme - Instant Heat Tamer Spray

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2010 2:21:00 PM More reviews by lovebeautyx3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love Tresemme !! I use a blowdryer and straightner daily and I always spritz some TRESEMME HEAT TAMER SPRAY before i blow dry and iron. it protects my hair from the heat and leaves it super soft. I dont have to worry about my hair getting damaged from all the heat when i use the spray. the pricing is ok, like they say "salon quality you can afford" its definitly worth your money and you wont ever have to switch brands because Tresemme really does the trick !!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2010 12:55:00 AM More reviews by cookies28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i like it at first but it makes my hair dry and frizzy which makes it look hella unhealthy and nappy. I just use john frieda's hair serum thermal protection now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2010 4:10:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this stuff and swear it has helped my hair sustain further abuse from heat via my blow dryer and flat iron. I love everything from the great bottle design, the fine mist dispensed, affordable price tag, and of course the results.
For reference I have shoulder length hair and usually use 6 to 8 sprays, but concentrate the majority of the product to the ends of my hair. I also allow my hair to air dry for about 30 minutes before I spray this product on and use heat to style my hair.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2010 10:19:00 AM More reviews by Minerva10

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

UMMM, don't mean to be a downer....this didn't do ANYTHING but leave my hair dull and poofy looking ( my hair is in good condition). I was SUPER excited after reading such fab reviews. BTW, yes I followed the instructions as well as take the advice of other reviewers. The search continues. I hear Matrix Vavoom is pretty good...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2010 5:54:00 PM More reviews by island_honey

This is my favorite heat protectant spray. It's light, smells good and never makes my hair greasy. I usually blowdry my hair 2-3x a week and this has helped to keep it healthy. After a shower, I put some leave-in conditoner and this spray. I never have to worry about overdoing it because it's not heavy or oily. I have repurchased this several times and will continue to do so.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2010 7:19:00 PM More reviews by lilbeebee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this product as a detangler after washing my hair. Then once it is dry I lightly spritz on the ends and a fine mist all over before I use the straightener, or curling iron. I'm not quite sure if it works as well as the packaging states, I notice i'm having some split ends lately. Seems to help with the straightening process though.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2010 7:11:00 PM More reviews by jensco23

I have purchased this numerous times. It tends to be the least expensive at Walmart. Averages around $4. This is all you need to protect your hair when you are blowing it dry, using straightner or curling iron. Protects your hair from breakage and damage. Has a nice fresh smell. I also use it on my daughter's hair as a detaingler.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2010 9:53:00 PM More reviews by aJudith

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have mixed feelings about this product. I wanted to love it because of the great reviews, price, smell. I normally love Tresemme products however I'm not sure this one cuts it. I have fine, wavy hair and I used this when I blow dry. I have given it many chances and for the most part the back of my head gets greasy from this. I have tried only applying to the ends of my hair, avoiding the scalp at all costs but I still had the same result. I find that if I spray it into my hands and then apply it I do get a someone better result. I defintely cannot use this if I have just deep conditioned. I love the mist on the bottle, the packaging, the smell. I used it with a flat iron only and got somewhat better results.
*UPDATE* I don't like this. I have fine, wavy hair and this weighs it down too much and I like to have volume. I never put it near my scalp and I didn't put much--but still bad results.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2010 3:55:00 PM More reviews by puppyluvz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This didn't work very well for me! It makes my hair very greasy and frizzy. I DONT reccommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2010 10:03:00 PM More reviews by aparnanatarajan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This a great heat PROTECTANT by TRESemme. The packaging is super comfortable an it sprays product all over your hair. It protectes your hair from heat and does not make it greasy or stiff. And it is super cheap.
But if you are going to use this to control frizz then you are going to be disappointed. It just controls MILD flyaways and reduces frizz for about 10%. I use a good anti frizz before this and once my hair is nearly dry i spray this all over and let it dry a tad bit more and blow dry. Also i likeed the effect better when my hair was almost dry as compared to wet.
Will I buy it again. Oh Ya!