November 25, 2014 | 1780 users online

Styling Products - TRESemme - Instant Heat Tamer Spray

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2010 6:22:00 PM More reviews by ellogovna27

This is the first heat protectant spray I have bought and I really like this one. It makes my hair feel soft and doesn't weigh it down or make it sticky. It smells lovely. You can use it on both wet and dry hair. I will most likely buy this again, although I might want to try out some others because this wasn't the cheapest-- it was about $7. I like the spray nozzle. It doesn't shoot out one continuous spray so you have control over where it goes and how much comes out.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2010 4:47:00 PM More reviews by LexiLuscious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This tresemme product is excellent for hair drying in my opinion. If you coat your hair down real nicely, especially the ends with this product, it'll really do the trick. However, I would suggest Tresseme's Straightening Therma Gel, it's a silicone based gel, really protects your hair and even keeps it straighter than no product whatsover. I always will be a big Tresemme fan :-)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2010 2:03:00 PM More reviews by jatkins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I think I like this stuff. It's much cheaper than the high end heat protectants I have been using. I bought this based on a review I happened to see on MUA. Unfortunately, it took me a couple weeks to find a bottle. Although Tresemme products are sold everywhere, this was not at my local targets, walmarts, or grocery stores. I happened to stop at Walgreens last night and decided to check if they had it. Fortunatley, they did!

I think the bottle is a bit awkward to spray. They should have put a better handle.

Anyways, I followed the directions to spray it on before blow drying and then again before straightening or curling. My hair feels like it has a bit more hold and is a tiny bit softer than normal. Obviously, I can't vouch for the protection power immediately, but my hair feels just as good as if I had use high end products. I used this with Chi Silk Infusion (my liquid gold). I'll continue to purchase this.

Warning: Don't throw away the little black clip that comes with it. That black clip will save you from accidental sprays in your bag while traveling.

EDIT: I'm not impressed. After using for a couple weeks, my hair got really dried out. I switched to Nexxus and am much happier.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2010 1:19:00 AM More reviews by obsessedamanda

The smell of this product is great!! I switch between this product and Chi heat protectant depending on how much heat I've used on my hair that day and I love this stuff. Actually, I love Tresemme hair products (not shampoo). They are so affordable and effective. This stuff really helps to prevent damage from my flat iron.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2010 7:53:00 PM More reviews by Sayoko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

two lippies for the nice smell and great packaging as the nozzle sprays and spreads the liquid nicely. An affordable price. After using this for about a month, I didn't see a difference so I'll go back to using Aveda. I wouldn't purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2010 6:44:00 PM More reviews by whitesoxrock

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't understand how this product is that good. I went to the hairdresser and she had to chop a bunch of my hair off because it was so damaged. She said it was not a very good heat protector and told me to switch to something from Paul Mitchell. I really like the smell of the Tresemme, and my hair was always soft while I used this, but I guess it did not protect enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2010 12:30:00 PM More reviews by pearljunkie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOOOOVE this product! I have med/fine hair that I highlight often and I am trying to grow it out past my shoulders. I blow dry and curl my hair often, so pretty much my hair takes a good beating! I have been using this for a couple of months (spray just before blow drying and using curling iron). I love how it "holds' my style and keeps my curls all day AND protects my hair! My hair is naturally stick straight and I live in a humid climate - not ideal for trying to make my hair curl! This stuff is a miracle for my hair! I'm sure my hair would be in way worse shape if I didn't use this - wish I had found it a long time ago. I will repurchase again and again!!!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2010 10:37:00 AM More reviews by Shayron

Sorry to rain on the parade. This got such great reviews which is why I purchased it. I loved the fine mist spray but after about a month of using this product I noticed my ends no longer felt smooth and soft. They were crunchy and stiff. My hair is long and I only use a blow dryer (no other styling tools). It was in better condition before I started using this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2010 2:21:00 PM More reviews by lovebeautyx3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love Tresemme !! I use a blowdryer and straightner daily and I always spritz some TRESEMME HEAT TAMER SPRAY before i blow dry and iron. it protects my hair from the heat and leaves it super soft. I dont have to worry about my hair getting damaged from all the heat when i use the spray. the pricing is ok, like they say "salon quality you can afford" its definitly worth your money and you wont ever have to switch brands because Tresemme really does the trick !!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2010 12:55:00 AM More reviews by cookies28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i like it at first but it makes my hair dry and frizzy which makes it look hella unhealthy and nappy. I just use john frieda's hair serum thermal protection now.