TRESemme Instant Heat Tamer Spray

4.1

Water, Amodimethicon , Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, PEG-12 Dimethicone, PVP, Polysorbate 20, Cetylpyridinium Chloride, DMDM Hydantoin, Trideceth-12, Cetrimonium Chloride, Benzophenone-4, Triethanolamine, Disodium EDTA, Hydrolyzed Silk, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Ascorbic Acid, Niacinamide, Biotin

on 3/7/2010 11:37:00 PM

I bought this today because I need to straighten my hair more often now since I recently got my bangs cut shorter. I just finished using it and I like it. I sprayed some on my hair before blow drying and some more before straightening with a flat iron and my hair looks a lot shiner and feels much softer. I can afford to spray a lot on because I have very thick and curly Latin hair. I am happy with this product and I would buy again. Keep in mind that no product will perform miracles if you don't take care of your hair and never cut it. This isn't supposed to be magical, it's there to keep healthy hair from becoming unhealthy.

on 3/6/2010 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This isn't a bad product, and it does the job for a good price. I however, cannot stand the smell. After using it, i felt like my hair smelled awful. Maybe I used too much, but either way the smell bothers me, too chemically.

on 3/4/2010 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

The only thing I like about this product is the packaging and the fine mist action. I like my hair stick straight. I cant do that with this product. Thats a BIG problem and the reason why I won't use it anymore.
I used to use this when I blow dried and flat ironed my hair. At the time I didnt understand why I couldnt get my hair straight and keep it like that, but now I know, it was the Tresseme heat tamer. This WILL MAKE YOUR HAIR VOLUMINOUS AND V-E-R-Y BOUNCY. Now if you are into that, then go for it. But if you got thick, wavy or curly hair, and want to tame it down, this is NOT THE PRODUCT FOR YOU. It will frustrate your efforts and you will have to style your hair every time you want to go out, beacsue it will make your hair... elastic? Thing is, it will not hold your style. Waste of money. MAybe ill give it to my mother, she needs some volume..
Also over time, it makes your hair (...) Crunchy? Less shiny, sticky? I didn't like that too much either.

on 3/3/2010 6:22:00 PM

This is the first heat protectant spray I have bought and I really like this one. It makes my hair feel soft and doesn't weigh it down or make it sticky. It smells lovely. You can use it on both wet and dry hair. I will most likely buy this again, although I might want to try out some others because this wasn't the cheapest-- it was about $7. I like the spray nozzle. It doesn't shoot out one continuous spray so you have control over where it goes and how much comes out.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This tresemme product is excellent for hair drying in my opinion. If you coat your hair down real nicely, especially the ends with this product, it'll really do the trick. However, I would suggest Tresseme's Straightening Therma Gel, it's a silicone based gel, really protects your hair and even keeps it straighter than no product whatsover. I always will be a big Tresemme fan :-)

on 3/2/2010 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I think I like this stuff. It's much cheaper than the high end heat protectants I have been using. I bought this based on a review I happened to see on MUA. Unfortunately, it took me a couple weeks to find a bottle. Although Tresemme products are sold everywhere, this was not at my local targets, walmarts, or grocery stores. I happened to stop at Walgreens last night and decided to check if they had it. Fortunatley, they did!

I think the bottle is a bit awkward to spray. They should have put a better handle.

Anyways, I followed the directions to spray it on before blow drying and then again before straightening or curling. My hair feels like it has a bit more hold and is a tiny bit softer than normal. Obviously, I can't vouch for the protection power immediately, but my hair feels just as good as if I had use high end products. I used this with Chi Silk Infusion (my liquid gold). I'll continue to purchase this.

Warning: Don't throw away the little black clip that comes with it. That black clip will save you from accidental sprays in your bag while traveling.

EDIT: I'm not impressed. After using for a couple weeks, my hair got really dried out. I switched to Nexxus and am much happier.

The smell of this product is great!! I switch between this product and Chi heat protectant depending on how much heat I've used on my hair that day and I love this stuff. Actually, I love Tresemme hair products (not shampoo). They are so affordable and effective. This stuff really helps to prevent damage from my flat iron.

on 2/22/2010 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

two lippies for the nice smell and great packaging as the nozzle sprays and spreads the liquid nicely. An affordable price. After using this for about a month, I didn't see a difference so I'll go back to using Aveda. I wouldn't purchase again.

on 2/22/2010 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't understand how this product is that good. I went to the hairdresser and she had to chop a bunch of my hair off because it was so damaged. She said it was not a very good heat protector and told me to switch to something from Paul Mitchell. I really like the smell of the Tresemme, and my hair was always soft while I used this, but I guess it did not protect enough.

on 2/22/2010 12:30:00 PM

I LOOOOVE this product! I have med/fine hair that I highlight often and I am trying to grow it out past my shoulders. I blow dry and curl my hair often, so pretty much my hair takes a good beating! I have been using this for a couple of months (spray just before blow drying and using curling iron). I love how it "holds' my style and keeps my curls all day AND protects my hair! My hair is naturally stick straight and I live in a humid climate - not ideal for trying to make my hair curl! This stuff is a miracle for my hair! I'm sure my hair would be in way worse shape if I didn't use this - wish I had found it a long time ago. I will repurchase again and again!!!!!

Popular Styling Products