November 24, 2014 | 1970 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Yves Saint Laurent - Touche Eclat (Radiant Touch)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2007 3:37:00 AM More reviews by Hilarie86

At first I couldn`t stand this.. until I learned how to use it. This is pretty amazing, but is contains mostly mineral oil which is a real pore clogger, so I NEVER use this this other than below and around my eyes. If you have superdark circles this wont fix it because it`s too lightweight, but if you just want to lighten up the look of your skin this is great. Can`t beat my magic concealer from helena rubinstein (which has much better coverage) though, but okay for days when I don`t look that tired.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2007 7:06:00 PM More reviews by BerlinerPooh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for a number of years and have not found a cheaper or better substitute. Clarins came out with a similar product but the results were not as good. I use it mainly to disguise dark circles under my eyes and on my brow bones. Although it does not conceal as such, it does make the skin around the eyes look brighter and more rested after a few late nights. The texture is wonderful, easy to apply and invisible. It does not get full marks from me since one of my pens' brush went black with mould despite the fact that I cleaned it regularly with alcohol. It could be because I kept in the the bathroom for a while, but all my other make-up was ok.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2007 10:38:00 PM More reviews by IcedTeaChick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

How much do I love love love this product? Soon as I received it from QVC and tried it I jumped online and ordered another one. I found the key to using this (at least for me) is to dab or brush it on and let it sit for about 30 seconds (letting it absorb/dry a bit) and then light tap in the rest, this method works great for me. This product makes me look younger, more rested and more alive, I will buy it for as long as they make it which I hope is forever!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2007 1:09:00 PM More reviews by drag

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's only after reading several other people's reviews on concealers (notably Dior's Skinflash and Lancome Retouche) that I realised I am far from being alone when it comes to having a bad skin reaction to this product. Which was a shame because I loved it, I really saw a difference, but after trying two of them I had to give up. This is very unusual for me, as I don't have sensitive or allergy prone skin. So I wonder what can be in it to cause this to happen.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2007 10:04:00 PM More reviews by Brissie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

When I first tried this, I thought it did nothing at all. So when I finished the tube I went back to my old concealer / corrector. ... THEN I noticed the difference. The touche eclat does something that brightens my skin and makes me look younger! Just brilliant and I won't be without it!

I use colour no. 2 which the YSL sa recommended for me. I highly recommend you get the right colour for you ... I accidently bought no. 1 and it is dreadful on me. btw (given another review that slammed the lack of colour choices) the colours are based on if you have yellowish or pink undertones. Given it is an 'illuminator' you don't need so many different colour choices as with other concealers.

Highly recommended - make sure you get the right colour for you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2007 1:26:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was perfectly happy with my regular Bare Escentuals concealer (Well Rested) until I tried this at Nordstrom. It made me look so much better. Have you ever been really surprised to realize after trying something new that you really hadn't been looking that great beforehand? That's what I felt like after trying this. I bought it immediately in #1, which matches my skin really well. It completely covers my dark under circles, but very sheerly and w/o looking cakey or obvious. It even covers the little dark scar on my cheekbone that I've always been self-conscience of. The packaging is gorgeous of course, and the brush is really easy for me to use (even though I do the actual blending in with my fingertips). The only thing that gives me pause is the price, but if it makes me look this good and a little goes a long way I will continue to repurchase w/o hesitating.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2006 6:28:00 PM More reviews by couturecrazee

I love this as an under eye concealer. It really brightens up my eyes! I use it daily before I go to work and it's such a big help for me. It's very handy and I love the packaging. I feel like I'm the James Bond of the cosmetics world whenever I have this handy. It lasts for quite sometime. I bought it during the summer and theres still a lot coming out for such a tiny pen. Definitely worth the money!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/27/2006 4:47:00 PM More reviews by kiiat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm glad that I went to the store and had a sales rep put it on me because it didn't do anything to hide my dark circles. For one, there's only 3 shades, nothing in between so YSL needs to start realizing that there needs to be different shades/blends for different people and not everyone will fall into one of 3 categories. All it did was highlight my dark circles so I'm glad that I didn't spend the $65CDN they were charging for this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2006 10:13:00 AM More reviews by noohoo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

best concealer in the world, evah.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2006 7:53:00 PM More reviews by amara_lani

The Touche Eclat 2 works wonders over my regular concealer and foundation to enhance my natural skin and brighten up my eye area. ----> 2 clicks, apply sparingly, and pat. I use Touche Eclat on the inner and outer corners of my eyes, below and above the brows, near the nostrils and sides of nose, around the lip area and over smile lines - places where there is a bit of "shade" or dark spots. I find that it's more of a corrector than a concealer for my undereye area. It takes a tiny while before this really settles in and looks natural but it's just perfect by the time I make it to the office. Very radiant, very beautiful. Edited to add: VERY important, this product will get a musty smell if not cleaned regularly. All it takes is a dip in alcohol every couple of weeks to keep things sanitary.

Updated 10/17/08:
I get a glowy highlighting effect from my organic Jurlique eye cream ($40 - with mica, squalene, and jojoba and brightening botanicals) and am just thrilled that I no longer need to use this!

**I reserve a 5-lippie rating for products that shine above the rest in terms of efficacy, and based on toxicity and comedogenicity. I have a strong interest in consumer health and setting higher standards for the beauty industry. I extensively research products developed with consumer health in mind. This is my personal quest to find the best-quality products. We shouldn't have to choose between beauty and health.**