October 1, 2014 | 1537 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Yves Saint Laurent - Touche Eclat (Radiant Touch)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2007 10:04:00 PM More reviews by Brissie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

When I first tried this, I thought it did nothing at all. So when I finished the tube I went back to my old concealer / corrector. ... THEN I noticed the difference. The touche eclat does something that brightens my skin and makes me look younger! Just brilliant and I won't be without it!

I use colour no. 2 which the YSL sa recommended for me. I highly recommend you get the right colour for you ... I accidently bought no. 1 and it is dreadful on me. btw (given another review that slammed the lack of colour choices) the colours are based on if you have yellowish or pink undertones. Given it is an 'illuminator' you don't need so many different colour choices as with other concealers.

Highly recommended - make sure you get the right colour for you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2007 1:26:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was perfectly happy with my regular Bare Escentuals concealer (Well Rested) until I tried this at Nordstrom. It made me look so much better. Have you ever been really surprised to realize after trying something new that you really hadn't been looking that great beforehand? That's what I felt like after trying this. I bought it immediately in #1, which matches my skin really well. It completely covers my dark under circles, but very sheerly and w/o looking cakey or obvious. It even covers the little dark scar on my cheekbone that I've always been self-conscience of. The packaging is gorgeous of course, and the brush is really easy for me to use (even though I do the actual blending in with my fingertips). The only thing that gives me pause is the price, but if it makes me look this good and a little goes a long way I will continue to repurchase w/o hesitating.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2006 6:28:00 PM More reviews by couturecrazee

I love this as an under eye concealer. It really brightens up my eyes! I use it daily before I go to work and it's such a big help for me. It's very handy and I love the packaging. I feel like I'm the James Bond of the cosmetics world whenever I have this handy. It lasts for quite sometime. I bought it during the summer and theres still a lot coming out for such a tiny pen. Definitely worth the money!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/27/2006 4:47:00 PM More reviews by kiiat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm glad that I went to the store and had a sales rep put it on me because it didn't do anything to hide my dark circles. For one, there's only 3 shades, nothing in between so YSL needs to start realizing that there needs to be different shades/blends for different people and not everyone will fall into one of 3 categories. All it did was highlight my dark circles so I'm glad that I didn't spend the $65CDN they were charging for this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2006 10:13:00 AM More reviews by noohoo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

best concealer in the world, evah.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2006 7:53:00 PM More reviews by amara_lani

The Touche Eclat 2 works wonders over my regular concealer and foundation to enhance my natural skin and brighten up my eye area. ----> 2 clicks, apply sparingly, and pat. I use Touche Eclat on the inner and outer corners of my eyes, below and above the brows, near the nostrils and sides of nose, around the lip area and over smile lines - places where there is a bit of "shade" or dark spots. I find that it's more of a corrector than a concealer for my undereye area. It takes a tiny while before this really settles in and looks natural but it's just perfect by the time I make it to the office. Very radiant, very beautiful. Edited to add: VERY important, this product will get a musty smell if not cleaned regularly. All it takes is a dip in alcohol every couple of weeks to keep things sanitary.

Updated 10/17/08:
I get a glowy highlighting effect from my organic Jurlique eye cream ($40 - with mica, squalene, and jojoba and brightening botanicals) and am just thrilled that I no longer need to use this!

**I reserve a 5-lippie rating for products that shine above the rest in terms of efficacy, and based on toxicity and comedogenicity. I have a strong interest in consumer health and setting higher standards for the beauty industry. I extensively research products developed with consumer health in mind. This is my personal quest to find the best-quality products. We shouldn't have to choose between beauty and health.**

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2006 3:32:00 PM More reviews by whataworld

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Puuurty. I'm not sure the magic involved but highlighting with this makes even the shape of my features look different. A tiny bit just under my lower lashes makes my puffy eyes disappear. A bit above my cheekbones and at my temples makes my face look sculpted. The clicking is annoying though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2006 10:06:00 AM More reviews by Posh_Patricia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this product. I've used it for years now! I know it doesn't cover up much if you're having a "real bad undereye circles" day, but for me it works great. I don't need to use too much to lighten up my whole complexion. I use it under my eyes and a tiny bit under my brows. I used to use nº1, but realised it was a bit too pink, and nº2 looks so much better. I have yellow undertones so this is the one for me. I couldn't live without this!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2006 2:09:00 AM More reviews by valngau

I saw this product in stores for years and never thought to try it but out of curiosity, I relented. I simply love this product. No, it won't give you as much coverage as a concealer but it gives you the right amount of brightness around those areas where you need them, under eyes, corners of the nose & great on primer on eyelids. Plus, Touche Eclat didn't cake on me and because it is a pen design, it's convenient to bring anywhere with you.

I got No 2 because I found No 1 to be too pink on me (I'm asian). I took out one lippy because it is an expensive product but if you fly, duty free shops do sell them is a travel packs of two which is cheaper than buying them individually

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2006 9:14:00 AM More reviews by notanotherbadhairday

i love this product. i use it every single day. it's truely a life saver. i don't get many pimples but when i do this get's rid of them in a flash. i use it under my eyes as well. the colour is great for my pale/beige skin and i don't even have to use foundation afterwards. the pen-like applicator is really good too and the wand gives great coverage. it did leak a little but i don't really mind that. i've bought it countless times and i will keep buying it for the rest of my life. it's amazing. 5/5!!!