October 23, 2014 | 1689 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2008 10:12:00 PM More reviews by MizBeatriz

I have a love-hate relationship with Angels on Bare Skin.
LOVE:
1.) the exfoliating-smooth texture
2.) how soft it makes my skin feel
3.) how well it cleans and renews my skin
4.) how a little goes a long way and it lasts a long time
HATE:
1.) the packaging
2.) the mess I make when applying
(think liquid running down your arms).
3. it can be a little rough on the skin
(it depends on how gentle you apply it).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2008 7:19:00 PM More reviews by jowork

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have slightly oily skin, and this seemed to leave a film on my skin and did not leave it feeling clean. Lush has recently printed a chart in their Spring 2008 catelog which matches skin products to skin types, and Angels is definitely not recommended for oily skin, but rather is more for drier skin types. Wish I had that chart before I purchased. It may be a 5-lippie product for the right skin type, but not for mine.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2008 7:27:00 AM More reviews by NightAng3l

AOBS.. My Love.. I use this in the mornings as a gentle scrub although i did use it morning and night until id ecided to incorporate OCM in my routine so i only use this in the morning! I love the smell of this, the gentle exfoliation, and yes it is a bit messy as you have to scoop a fingertip-full (if that makes sense) and mash it into your palm with *2 drops* of warm water along with your already wet palm to get a mushy paste. then i re scrape some on my fingertip and gently apply on face in a circular motion (face must be damp when doing this otherwise AOBS will fall off). once all is on face i rub my palms together to spread whatever was left of AOBS on my hands and using my fingers i scrub my face with circular motions and spread AOBS around. then wash off with *warm* water. Also what i do, and i feel helps immensely is that i wash my face with warm/hot water BEFORE going on to apply AOBS.. this opens up the pores. and then wash off with warm/hot water again and just before i reach for the towel splash with cold water to close the pores. i proceed with using either witch hazel toner or hydrating mist toner by trilogy (rose, lavender, geranium waters).. and then follow with moisturizer :) Aobs does not strip your skin and it doesnt give u that dry feeling that most cleansers give u right after u wipe your face with the towel. :) i must admit that AOBS feels like a treat when i use it and look forward in using it every day! beware, dont let water get into its tub as the whole thing will go mushy.. with that said dont store it in the shower ..! Also one more tip, when purchasing your tub of AOBS, if you happen to also have a little sample tub from LUSH, store your AOBS in there and use from little tub so if accidents like *water getting into the tub* dont affect the whole product. also it keeps the product in the big tub fresh and clean. hope that made sense! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2008 12:13:00 AM More reviews by fleurr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After hearing so many great reviews of AOBS I decided to give it a try on my sensitive skin and have never looked back.The smell can be a little overpowering but the results are worth it!I love how the lavender is a gentle exfoliator and it leaves my skin clean,fresh and silky smooth...
The packaging is a bit annoying but i'd rather a plastic tub than a heap of overpackaging....if only more comapny's would take this route we wouldn't end up in such an environmental packaging diaster.
I find.due to be skin being so sensitive, that it works best for me to just use it once every few days as opposed to a daily cleanser.And also use it in the shower because it can be a bit of a pain to get off!but def one of LUSH's HG products..

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2008 10:37:00 AM More reviews by plurgirl

I am really enjoying this product. After every use my skin glows and feels like it's breathing. I love the gentle exfoliants and that it's all natural. I use this in the morning to start my day and LUSH's Fresh Farmacy at night to wash the day away. My skin has never looked more radiant.

To address some other people's complaints; I haven't noticed much of a smell but what I can smell is pleasant. It's really not that tricky to use, just a pea size pinch in the palm of your hand and a little water and you're good. In terms of the packaging, I have NO issues with it what so ever. LUSH is an eco friendly company so I fully support their minimal and recyclable packaging. In this case isn't function more important that form?

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2008 5:57:00 PM More reviews by girlminitrucker

I like this product becuase is is not harsh on my face, I was using prescriptions from the dermatologist and my skin was raw and coming off in spots. Once I used this there was no burning, or stinging so I kept using it. It does take a little getting use to but I just wet my face, break off a piece and rub it into my face. It leaves my skin clean, and soft. This is a staple in my skincare arsenal and I even got my husband using it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2008 1:16:00 AM More reviews by aneffigy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I had a ton of Macy's gift receipts right after Christmas and wandered over to the LUSH counter while trying desperately to find something to spend them on. I had heard a lot about LUSH (in fact, I live down the street from one of their full stores) and so I did a bit of research over Christmas about what product I would buy from them first - AOBS seemed like a good choice because it's mild and recommended for combo skin like mine, plus it's gotten so many rave reviews.. well.. everywhere.

It really did nothing for me. I found it way too difficult to use. I love my Neutrogena Anti-Stress Foam because it's a pump, it comes out as a foam, and you're done. I looked up how-to videos a few times and still couldn't get it to come out quite as pasty as it should be. The smell is okay if you like earthy scents, but I much prefer more fruity or fresh scents to lavender or florals, so it kind of bothered me. I used it a few times but got so frustrated with getting it to work that I stopped. Tried it again a few days ago and while it did leave my skin pretty soft, it's just too much of a hassle to me. I've had a way better experience with Ocean Salt.

UPDATE 4/7: I finally figured out how to use this properly and have been using it, in conjunction with my new Lush Tea Tree Toner, for the last few days. My skin is magnificently soft. It's even taming an outbreak caused by an errant Cargo product at Sephora. I'll keep buying this as long as it keeps working so well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2008 11:30:00 PM More reviews by SherryL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Angels on Bare Skin was my first experience with a LUSH facial cleanser. I chose it for my combo skin b/c it seems to be the most benign cleanser LUSH makes for combo skin types AND b/c it received many rave reviews on the LUSH forum and here.

I was suprised by the packaging when it was delivered to my door. I know that LUSH packages their items as eco-friendly as possible, but I really don't dig the clear, plastic container that my Angels on Bare Skin Came in. It looks like something that would hold freshly grated cheese from the deli department.

I'm also not overly keen on the scent which is basically lavender mixed with a bit of an earthy (clay) scent. The texture is neat thanks to the crumbles of clay and ground almonds and offers extremely gentle exfoliation. The mild exfoliation is probably my most favorite aspect of this cleanser b/c I'm also a Differin 0.3% user. I want to use a scrub, but most are too harsh. Angels on Bare Skin is perfect.

Angels on Bare Skin effectively removes ALL traces of face and eye make-up. A plus where natural cleansers are concerned!

I "believe" shelf-life of this product is only 3 to 4 months, but you don't receive all that much so going through the small amount should be no problem. I would probably purchase this cleanser again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2008 6:44:00 PM More reviews by cocofabulous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really love this stuff. I'm coming to the end of my first pot which, with once a day use, has taken me about 2 months. I use this as my morning cleanser. It's really helped to tone down the redness of my acne-prone skin and made it really soft. Definite repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2008 3:33:00 PM More reviews by ellebasi

I love this! It gives me a clean fresh feeling, after I wash this stuff off, because I really don't like the smell, yuck! But that's not important for such a wonderful result!