November 23, 2014 | 998 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Nivea Creme

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2010 1:41:00 AM More reviews by raynie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my hundredth reviewed product and i decided to give it to nivea creme. its very moisturizing and crazily cheap. the reason why i gave it a try is because its only $1 and you wont be hurt if just give it a chance to try it.
i have combonation skin so i didnt put it on my face. what i do is to use it as a neck cream. i was using the body shop's vitamin E intense moisture cream b4 and it was pretty good, but the price is not that cute. its $18 for 50ml. very pricy for neck cream. so im always hunting for a good replacement. this nivea creme, only $1 for 30ml and has the exactly same effect. sooo greatful. the only thing need to be aware is you need spend a little more time to totally massage it into your skin, because its very creamy and not that easy to be absorbed if you dont massage it patiently. but overall its a very great product, especially it has an unbeaten price.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2010 6:47:00 PM More reviews by Velvettt

Like all products, some people love this and others hate it. What is interesting is the location of the reviewer. The Nivea we get in the U.S. is NOT the same product that the Europeans get. Ours is made in Mexico and has many ingredients that are not present in the European (German made) version.

I want to get some of the European stuff. I suspect that I might feel very differently about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2010 12:40:00 PM More reviews by kharlah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This review is for the German Nivea AND for the Mexican made Nivea that is most widely available in the United States.

First, for the Mexican Made, USA Nivea. I bought the product to try it as a moisturizer and also to try it on the winter dry skin that I get on my arms, legs, hands, etc. As a facial moisturizer, it was HORRIBLE! It made all of my pores look much larger than they normally do and led to break-outs. It was okay on my arms, legs, hands, etc to deal with winter dry skin. It went on very nicely, and didn't leave a lasting greasy feeling.

Then I found out that a friend of mine was heading to Germany, so I asked him to bring me back some of the German Nivea so I could try it and see if it lived up to all of the good things that I had heard about it. OMG. The stuff is amazing! He brought me back a small tin, a large tin, and a tube. All 3 with the same ingredients. It is the BEST moisturizer that I have ever used! I have acne prone skin and it does not break me out at all, in fact, I think it's been helping to heal blemishes and keep my skin clear. My skin has never been so soft before. I've even been using it as an under eye cream for fine lines and it works great for that too. Yes, it's very thick, but you don't rub it in to your face, you put some on your fingertips and then pat it on your face (similar to how you apply the Creme De La Mer). It is absorbed beautifully and you don't wake up looking greasy or anything.

I've also been using it on the dry itchy winter skin on my arms and legs and I'm in love with it for that purpose also. Have not touched any of my other lotions since using this German Nivea. And my hands are not red, rough, or cracked like they usually are in the winter. I can't wait until he goes back to Germany and I can get more!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2010 4:14:00 PM More reviews by lushieluver

This is a really thick and greasy moisturizer, not that i moisturizes very well, I put it on my elbows before bed and they feel soft in the morning but they still get a little dry later in the day. It also has a weird smell to it, I wouldn't say it is a chemical smell though.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2010 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Ponchy

**This review is for the Nivea Cream from GERMANY which I received as a gift from a dear friend in Europe. I have tried both German and Mexican brands and I can guarantee you they are NOT the same.** (FYI - You can order the German-made version from this reputable seller: http://www.germandeli.com/niveacreme75ml.html .) I am currently using this as a night eye cream for my 40+ plus very dry eye area. Described by many on MUA as the "Poor Man's La Mer" I have to say that it certainly lives up to its hype as an intense & effective moisturizer. Unable to use La Mer due to a seaweed/"sea broth" allergy I have found the German-made Nivea to deeply moisturize my poor winter-impacted (and let's face it: age-impacted as well!) eye area. It doesn't take much product either to do the job! When I apply this rose-scented cream to my eye area at night (about an hour or so before bed) I awake with moisturized/smooth/plumper-looking skin. No milea to report...and no stinging either. I have no problem with it migrating into eye area. My smile lines are less noticible too:-)

Now, it is a bit greasy if over-applied (*which I sometimes do at nite if I have a few hours to let it all soak in before bed...due to feeling our PA winter weather get particularly cold/blustery/dry at times) but no more than the La Mer or many other nite eye treatments. I do not use it on the rest of my face as of now as I do not need intense moisture on whole face (I use CeraVe Cream on face in winter) but I would not hesitate to if I felt I needed to. Bottom Line: Love, love, love this stuff!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2009 9:18:00 PM More reviews by snikolac

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is thick, sticky, greasy goo. Moisturizing? Well, yes. But despite this product being a heavy cream, my dry skin didn't really improve. The scent is somewhat "chemical". I'll keep looking for a non-sticky, light but effective moisturizer.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2009 5:53:00 PM More reviews by Xandrra

Did nothing for my skin, the dryness barely improved at all. I found the smell quiet off putting as well, it just smells of chemicals. Not attractive in any way.
Obviously would not repurchase

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2009 5:42:00 PM More reviews by malabu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I always have a Nivea with me to treat dry spots and especially to give my feets a thick mask of moisture after a weekly foot bath before I go to bed wearing tennis socks, it makes my feets soooo soft! I remember using Nivea when I was little, but as a teenager I changed to a more fancy and light creme for my face. However, recently I re-discovered Nivea as a night cream for my face since I ran out of night cream on my vacation and I thought my day cream was too light to use during the night. It really made my skin soft and I am not sure if it really is the Nivea, but I have noticed some improvement in my skin, more glowy, more soft. I wish this product was a more clean product, I think there are parabens in it! The smell is the classic and nostalgic one, might feel a bit heavy to some. I can recommend this to anybody who want soft and moistured skin, works well as a night cream and for the feets.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2009 6:26:00 PM More reviews by Evxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

My mum used this forever her skin is very dry and she loves it. So she got me a tub last che cristmas i hate it i have reli oily skin tho it made my skin so more oily so fab for dry not so much for oily my sister has normal skin and loves it too

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2009 6:14:00 PM More reviews by Niki1902

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Thanks to info shared on this site, I started using the German version and found it much better and less oily/shine. I purchase the large size ones then transfer into those small 1 oz tins to place on counter tops and to carry in my purse. Its now one of my must haves during winter time. A little tip in case you are troubled by the loose fit of the tin cover -- squeeze the small tin (without cover) a few times in several directions to induce some slight irregularity in shape then put on the cap and it will fit tightly.