Nivea Nivea Creme

4.2

(European version): Water, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cera Microcristallina, Glycerin, Lanolin Alcohol (Eucerit, TM), Paraffin, Panthenol, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearate, Citric Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Parfum, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol. (U.S. Mexican Version) : Water, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerine, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Paraffin, Panthenol, Magnesium Sulfate, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Methylchloroisothiazoline, Methylisothiazolinone.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I'm reviewing the German version, which I bought from London Drugs in Canada.

Great moisturizer -- I use it on my face and lips and have no complaints. It is greasy upon initial application to my face, but after a while, it all gets absorbed (on me anyway) and the greasy look disappears. I don't like using it on my hands as much, but it works great on my feet before bedtime (socks on after applying).

I used to use Cetaphil lotion and barrier cream but found it wasn't moisturizing enough, so this has become my favoured facial cream when skin gets too dry.

I am reviewing the one made in Canada (as it states on the tube, it came in a Christmas package). This is also for the tube (not tub, I use this on my face so I'd rather not).
It took me awhile to jump on this band wagon but I'm glad I did.
I don't use this daily. I use a 8% glycolic acid night cream, but sometimes it makes my skin flake (diet/weather/hormones) and I had no luck to calm it down. None of my other heavy duty moisturizers helped it, I couldn't exfoliate this dead skin away. It eventually would go away but it bothered me for the time it was there.
But now, whenever that happens, I just gently exfoliate with a washcloth and slather this all over my face.
Yes, it is pretty greasy. I prefer to do it awhile before bed so my face doesn't stick to my pillow. You're going to want to rub this one in, or else you will be a white, streaky mess.
The smell doesn't bother me and I'm sensitive to fragrance. I have dry, sensitive skin but relatively clear. I think this would be fine for anybody to use on occasion. Perhaps not constant use for oilier types.
I like this as a cream for other parts such as feet, hands, elbows and so on. Again, save the hands until nighttime or else you'll leave a mess on everything you touch.

on 2/8/2010 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

This review is for the German made product.

First, just let me say that given all the raves, I REALLY wanted to like this product. Also, I wanted to find that one, reasonably priced cream to address all my winter skincare needs (face excluded). Sadly, this product failed miserably. Here's why:

1.) Too thick. And not in the good way. In the bad way, where you're still working the stuff in 3 minutes later. After doing my feet and knees I was exhausted.
2.) The smell. Delightful but way too strong and lasting.

Well, at least the tin was nice.

on 2/8/2010 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

This review is for the German made product.

2.) The smell. Delightful but way too strong and lasting.

3.) The result. Just wasn't as moisturizing as I had hoped. I currently use their "Essentially Enriched" (American made) lotion and the results are far superior. No kidding.

Well, at least the tin was nice.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I've been using this stuff for years. It is one of my HG products. I use this every night for my hands & feet. When I wake up they're soft and smooth. It's a great product!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I gave this 4 lippies only because I hardly ever use it. I got it at a drugstore for .99. It was a small tin, bit the big plastic jar. I use it only when my skin is to the point of flaking, not as a normal moisturizer. I would never slather this on my face. I use this on my eyelids, and on my smile lines when ever the winter dryness really kicks in. I use it only at night, and the next morning and my dryness is quenched. I would buy it again, but it's likely I won't need to because such a small tin will last so very long.

on 2/2/2010 11:28:00 AM

I find this product pretty much useless.
It's too heavy and greasy for face or body, too oily for elbows and knees, and strangely enough, makes me itchy because my skin can't breathe. I have a huge tin of it and am presently hating the space it takes up.

on 2/2/2010 8:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I use this as a moisturizer for my neck only. Even at age 57 it's a little too heavy for a facial moisturizer. I'm getting a few wrinkles in my neck and between cleansing with Albolene, RoC Intensive Night Wrinkle Repair and Nivea Creme.... I'm holding off Father Time for a bit. I tried Revlon Eterna 27 but it caused quite a bit of irritation on my neck.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I would purchase this product again becaue it is not too expensive, and moisturizes acceptably.

FIRST, I'm reviewing the European formulation (Germany). I do not use this on my face (& wouldn't ever), because it is so moisturizing (I'm partly oily) & SCENTED. The heavy scent - old fashioned 'lotion' scent - is quite strong & a negative for me. Luckily, it doesnt linger on the skin - but is quite evident upon application.
The formula is a VERY thick cream (one you can scoop up on a finger & hold upside down w/o it falling off)...and it leaves skin with a slightly oily looking sheen that soaks in within 10 minutes. After that, the skin looks & feels moisturized, but is not 'transfer-onto-your-clothes' greasy. On my VERY dry skin - the good moisturized feel doesnt last all day. [If you need last-all-day moisture, I suggest Eucerin lotion].

on 2/2/2010 4:52:00 AM

great product! i use the clinique 3 step system,and am very happy with it, my skin has never been so clear and happy. HOWEVER, the weather here in italy is rather bad,cold and windy and terrible on my skin. My DDMG and my clinique moisture on-call isn't quite up to the job. I'm a working student,so my budget was already stretched by my clinique stuff which is VERY expensive here in italy, and I didn't want to spend more money.. soooo...I reached for a tub of nivea. I was very nervous at first because it's sooo thick I was sure it would break me out but...SUPRISE!!no break outs, no clogged pores,just lovely soft skin, so flakies,no nothing!!I'm soo happy that I found this stuff!!It is a little thick so you really must spread it well and use very little, but on really cold days I can use it under make up and I don't get oily or greasy at all..on the whole..try it, it's really cheap and if you don't like it on your face, it's really good hand cream too!