Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

Price: $

Apple Cider Vinegar

on 5/21/2006 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

God, I love MUA! THIS is what I'm talking about. I'm 36 and I've stopped breaking out but it's summer and I get little clogged pores and I was wanting something for that...and here it is! I couldn't wait to try it. I loved the idea of mixing it with strong green tea, so I did that plus 1/3 acv, plus a couple drops of lavender oil. Then I remembered I had some little rosehip vitamin C tablets lying around, and I threw seven of those into the mix. I shook it up, applied it to my face three times during the day. Last night I had a clogged pore on my cheek and another on my chin. The one on my cheek felt like it might turn into something... and now 18 hours later it is all dried up and disappearing and the one on my chin is completely gone! YAY!!!! With the lavender oil the smell isn't too bad and it fades pretty quickly. And check the results! It has to be good for you because it's got the green tea, the Vit C, the astringent lavender, plus the hydroxy acid of the vinegar. Awesome and dirt cheap. Thanks again, my MUA sisters! (and brothers maybe?)

on 5/20/2006 9:10:00 PM

I put two parts water and one part acv into a small plastic dispenser that I keep on my vanity. Cheap, easy to use, and it really works. My skin is very smooth and I haven't had any issues. I'm even getting used to the smell.

on 5/18/2006 2:10:00 PM

In reading the comments on Apples Cider Vinegar (ACV), this is a decent toner, and excellent clarifying hair rinse and for diet, I take the pill form of it! Yes! No more shots of ACV, yucky. The pill contains 300 mg which is just perfect and you can just barely taste it going down, a much better alternative. This you can get at the drug store, cheap.

For the hair-In the shower, I pour about 1/2 cup of ACV into a large glass and fill the rest up with warm shower water. Then tilt my head back and pour on, I leave it sit for about 5 minutes (no more no less) and rinse. Then follow with Shampoo and Conditioner. Your hair is so weightless and shiney.

My friend said that her hair was weighted down so much by product it was almost strait, then after the ACV, it was light and wavy again.

on 5/17/2006 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Gross. I tried, I really did, but the smell. Gross. I'll pay anything, go anywhere, endure pain....but this smell. However, I'm out like $3....so who cares...guess you could always try.

on 5/15/2006 10:26:00 AM

I can't believe how well this works. I mix three-quarters ACV with strong green tea, tea tree oil and a few aspirin -- not an exact science...just throw the other stuff in there. It helps with breakouts & redness and leaves my skin extremely soft. Thanks, MUA!

Edit: This ended up being too harsh for my skin.

on 5/13/2006 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I use this every night as a toner and it reall does seem to help my acne. It also doesn't irritate my sensitive skin that much. Smells bad though.

on 5/10/2006 1:15:00 PM

I have T-zone combo skin that's not too sensitive, and after reading about this for a week, I just started using it myself yesterday. I picked up the TJ's version of unfiltered ACV for $2, and brewed some very stong green tea (9 packets in 2 cups of water) and mixed them 2 parts tea to 1 part vinegar. What a color! I used it last night after my aspirin/vitamin/honey mask and again this morning before any moisturizer. It certainly smells weird, but I'm getting through it. I didn't notice any tightness, and it evaporated quickly.
I usually have a big oil-blotting fest around 10am everyday, but today when I went into the restroom to grab a toilet seat cover to blot with (very handy, and work as well as any blotting paper I've ever used, plus lots of area!) much less than usual came off! I shall certainly continue to use this morning and night.
I'm also starting to drink ACV twice daily (before breakfast and dinner) to get the (albeit debatable) skin/liver/weight loss benefits. I mix 1 tablespoon of ACV in about 1/2 - 2/3 cup of very warm water with about 1/2 tablespoon of honey. I love it! I drink it in small sips, like hot coffee because it can really catch you at the back of your throat, and it's tangy and sweet and appley. I'll update in a few weeks with any progress.
It's been about a week, and I have noticed yesterday and today some little flakies around my mouth and a dry, slighty roughened patch between my hairline and right eye. Since my skin still looks great, I'm going to continue to use this, but back off to only at night. I think the combo of this underneath the bareVitamins Skin Rev-er Upper is too much.
UPDATE 2, 7/21/06: I had quit using this for a few weeks since my boyfriend mentioned that he thought it smelled gross on me, and for him to mention that is certainly something, so I laid off for a bit, and didn't really think of the lost oil-curbing benefits, or notice them. In spite of his complaints, I just began using it again, and whoa! the results are back in a matter of two days. I didn't have to blot at all today, and my makeup still looks incredibly fresh. My faith is renewed. continued >>

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have only been using this for about 5 days now and I LOVE it. The smell is really bad, but I don't care if it works. I am mostly using it at night before bed just because of the smell. It's amazing stuff and I highly recommend it as a toner. I am 37 with acne-prone skin and was worried about using it because so many products break me out. This has not and if anything has really helped on the couple of breakouts I have had since starting the ACV. Highly recommend this product. I mix it 1/2 purified water with 1/2 ACV.

on 5/1/2006 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

WOW! I have been using this as a toner for 5 days now and I can already see a difference. My skin is clearing up and is soooo soft. I am just amazed how something so cheap can work so well. It is a bit drying so if you have sensitive skin it needs to be diluted.

on 4/22/2006 11:53:00 AM

I didn't buy Bagg's Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV), just a cheap regular no named ACV. I use this daily as a toner. For the first few days I was really focused on clearing up my breakouts so I used it undiluted. It can be drying so I only did that for 3 days to aggressively clear up what break outs I had. After that I diluted the AVC to 1 part AVC, 2 parts water.

I put it on my skin every morning using a cotton pad and then apply my daily moisturizer. I like Kiss My Face Alpha and Aloe mixed with a little bit of Weleda's Sea Buckthorn Lotion.

Overall, I am very impressed with the ACV. Since I have started this regimen I have not had any more breakouts. If one seems to be coming on, I just the AVC over night and in the morning there is no sign of a break out coming on. Also, I am really impressed with how the ACV is clearing up my post acne scars. I've only been doing this for about 2 weeks now and it's really making a difference. I think the alph and sea buckthorn helps too though. Another really great thing is how it seems to be clearing up my blackheads and shrinking the size of my pores. I wasn't really expecting that but I'm pretty happy about it.

The only bad thing about this product is how drying it can be for the skin but that doesn't really bother me that much. I'll definitely keep using this and see how it plays out. I hope I only continue to see improvements.

Video Reviews & Tutorials