August 21, 2014 | 1883 users online

Toners - Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2006 5:09:00 PM More reviews by MissDuniya

I used this about 1 month ago with ACV and water. Then I changged the mixture and instead of water I mixed it with green tea. I did this morning and night. I saw amazing results the first few days. The breakouts on my forehead were completely gone. Then it stopped working...maybe it was the green tea. So I stopped using the toner for about 1-2 weeks. So now I use this organic green tea that I get from Wild Oats and only use this at night, every night. This has worked better than anything else that I have bought, and believe me I have bouht hundreds of products.
I also think this and the aspirin mask together in a person's skin regime works wonders.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/22/2006 1:27:00 PM More reviews by carlalikesmakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this toner off and on for a couple months, it's not for me. First of all, it irritates the hell out of my skin, and I think that it's caused me to break out even more, i have a bunch of tiny red pimples all over my forehead (which does not usually happen to me), and it smells. My family cannot stand the smell. they say it smells like dirty, sweaty feet. it's never reduced the size of any pimples at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2006 12:46:00 AM More reviews by bebop442000

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

HOLY COW! I had a cystic like pimple (no head) forming on the hollow of my left cheek....you know the kind: red, painful and lumpy and hard to the touch. I dabbed my ACV toner on it everynight w/a q-tip and then put a layer of my duac gel (clindamycin and BP) over it and it never got bigger. instead it slowly shrank and 4 days later its just a flat red dot on my face on its way out....4 days compared to normally 2 weeks or more! It could have been the duac gel but i doubt it b/c its never worked this well before on its own on these kinds of pimples. I use 1/3 ACV + 2/3 strongly brewed green tea and store it in the fridge. I use it as a toner every other night and from now on will be using it as a spot treatment for nasty pimples! yay ACV!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2006 6:20:00 PM More reviews by alias86

ok...this stuff is seriously scaring me with how well it works. I have combination skin and I usually have at least one or two pimples.
I used it ONCE after washing my face 2 nights ago and then last night after my shower I took out my Tweezerman blackhead/whitehead extractor thing to do my nose and...there was nothing to take out! I just stared in disbelief at the mirror. This stuff cleared up virtually all my blackheads and blemishes OVERNIGHT!!!!! Needless to say, I love this stuff! I followed some of the recipe things posted, but here is what I did:
I mixed about 1/3 ACV (the unfiltered kind) with 2/3 strong green tea and then added around 3-4 drops lemon oil, 5 drops tea tree oil, and 5 drops jojoba oil (just cuz I had it so I thought I'd put it in there). I store it in the fridge and everynight after washing my face I pat it on and let it dry. It doesn't smell that great but it's at night, so who cares. I've only used it twice and my skin is completely cleared up. I keep checking in the mirror to make sure I'm not hallucinating.
I also have been drinking vinegar (NOT the toner I made for my face, just the vinegar, don't drink the toner!) 1-2 times a day b/c it's supposed to be good for like everything...weight loss, your skin, your heart, acid reflux or whatever. I put 2 tsps in a glass of warm water along with a bit of honey. It's still sort of nasty because I don't put in that much honey but it's not unbearable, sort of sour but feels good. It's good in V8, I actually like the taste of V8 better with it in it.
Yay for this stuff! will be using for the rest of my life if it doesn't stop working (I'll keep my fingers crossed)...

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2006 3:25:00 PM More reviews by libby99

I wanted to like this, but it did nothing for me aqua glycolic's toner didn't do. The AG toner is much better (even skin, smaller pores, fewer breakouts and blackheads), and doesn't stink to high heaven. I am not one to care about how a product smells if it works, but I could not live with the smell.

I think this is very overhyped.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2006 6:05:00 AM More reviews by e_L_L_e

wow wow wow! i decided to try bragg's acv to replace my current toner in order to be more natural in my regimen. i dilute it with water approx. 1:4. leave it on for a few seconds, then wash off with water. i also drink it every morning on an empty stomach: 1 cup warm water (NOT boiling), 2tspn acv, and 1 tspn honey. imo, it tastes great, sweet and sour. i have been doing this for more than a month, and the results have been great for my skin!! i don't even mind the smell much now.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2006 12:08:00 AM More reviews by Rose2854

Wow wow wow!! This has done all its been said to do and more! Let me say that I am 24, have combo skin, lately its been on the dry side. I have suffered with consistant acne ever since a young teen and NOTHING has worked this well. I could not find the Braggs brand of ACV but I went into the health food section and found another organic version that does contain "the mother". I mix this with strong green tea, some tea tree oil, few drops of lemon oil, 7-8 aspirin, and distilled water and have been keeping it in the fridge. Have been using for about 2 weeks now with glowing results! My face had broken out HORRIBLY recently due to, I believe, a new foundation I was trying . Since stopping the use of the foundation and using this, my skin is looking 100 times better. A few spots are left but they are definately on their way out, and my skin looks SO clear and healthy. I have been washing my face with Aveeno calming foam cleanser, followed by the ACV mix. After that dries, I put on Mario Badescu healing cream. Wonderful! Almost every morning this week I have also been putting on a face mask for about 20 minutes of pure manuka honey mixed with aspirin. This combo is FABULOUS. I recently ordered the pore purifying cleanser from Christine Chin and will be trying this in replacement of my aveeno. ACV is a miracle worker!!! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2005 5:46:00 PM More reviews by Spendy_McShopalot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Lives up to the hype! Gets rid of makeup residue and does not dry out my skin! The smell vanishes once it has dried.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2005 2:21:00 PM More reviews by slg279

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I gave ACV 2 months and I'm sorry to say it hasn't seemed to do much of anything for my combo skin. After seeing all the glowing reviews, I really wanted it to work! I was using a mixture of ACV, water, tea tree oil, and lavender oil. Didn't improve my skin in the least. Worked better as a boyfriend repellent.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2005 2:05:00 PM More reviews by Mirabel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been trying a new skin care routine, and Bragg's has been part of it. I mix green tea and ACV and add some tea tree and lavender essential oil. When I used it as a toner, I would still smell the vinegar on my skin when I washed my face again 12 hours later, so I tried it as a splash after my cleanser and then rinsed it off with water. Awesome results! I recommend trying this to anyone who can't stand the smell. Edit: 2007/03/16. Likely at this point no one will read this review, there's just too many, but I have to say that this is very drying and irritating in the long run. I have found other measures that give me better control over acne.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No