Almay Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

3.8

NEW FORMULA WITH PUMP >>> (Active Ingredient : Salicylic Acid 0.6%), Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Nylon-12, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Boron Nitride, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Talc, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Alumina, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Methoxypropylgluconamide, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Fomes Officinalis (Mushroom) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Trisiloxane, Phytantriol, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Silica, Methoxy Amodimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Methicone, EDTA, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 8/7/2005 1:20:00 AM

I have this in Warm. It's not really blemish healing but I don't expect that from a foundation anyway. At least, I didn't get additional breakouts which I would usually get from other foundations. It's good for normal to oily skin type. Consistency is thin and coverage is light. No mask-like feeling and it didn't make my skin itchy. I wore it in the morning on a hot summer day and it stayed til evening with a couple of oil tissue blotting. However, it accentuated 1 or 2 lines on my face which I didn't even notice I have until I used this foundation. On the bright side, on good skin days, I look awesome! =) I just make sure I don't apply it on that particular area of my face. I'll keep this foundation though but I'm deducting 1 lippie for the line.

on 7/29/2005 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Great foundation for oily-acne prone skin. It blends well, nice colors (yellow undertones) and isn't expensive. This is my HG for oil control. Moisturize well before applying because it can accentuate flakey and dry patches. Nice finish (but for finish i prefer Chanel Double Perfection cream to powder). I don't know it this product helps with blemishes, but definetely it doesn't produce more... The package is a crap...

on 7/19/2005 9:53:00 PM

Broke out after 1 day

on 7/13/2005 10:45:00 PM

This is a good foundation but the colour range is very limited. The foundation goes on very smooth. I found that the quality is very close to Relvon's Colour Stay except that Clear Complexion is easier to blend. In overall, I might re-purchase this again until I find my HG.

I really hate this product because it doesn't help blemishes at all. I have just simple foundation that helps my acne better than that. It doesnt stay on well at all. The colors wont stay and the package is made of glass, which makes it VERY easy to break. Some people might have clear skin after usin this but for me it didn't work at ALL.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Okay I love this product for my oily/acne clogged pore/black head prone skin. Before using it I did the over night paper test. I put a dab of this and some other oil free foundations on a piece of white computer paper and let them sit over night. Out of 6 foundations high and low end this one had not the slightest oil ring around it and the others having at least a centimeter of oil around them. I put it on in the morning and the coverage is beautiful and looks flawless. My skin does not feel greasy or sticky, and it lasts ALL day through the humid/hot 90 degree Atlanta weather. I dont even need to touch up with an oil blotting paper around my face after using this. It was especially hot this week and I was sweating but my makeup did not budge. Even with a dry mineral type foundation I always need to blot the oil around my nose and chin, but today which has been one of the hottest days this summer I had NO oil to wipe off. First time in my life! I am highly impressed with this foundation and would never go back to wearing the lancome or mac I had been wearing before. Even if im not oily and the sun is out my foundation always melts but this stuff just would not budge which is awesome. Too bad the clear complexion powder is so cakey. Would buy this again and again despite its lid not screwing on very well. UPDATE 12/17/05 I have since switched to about 5 different foundations only because of their cool advertisement and packaging have come back to this. So far this is the best color match for me. Im the lightest shade in all foundations if not lighter. I have been using jane iredale pressed powder lately but this matches much better and does not look cakey like that. For the price I could probably by about 8 of these verses 1 JI compact. By far the best foundation for acne oily prone skin i have ever tried. Love it over all of the drugsture and high end products and I have tried lots just about every one there is. Cannot stop recommending to people

on 6/18/2005 9:16:00 PM

My search has ended, this is my HG foundation. The first time I wore this I was in a resturant when the waitress taking my order stopped dead and asked, "What kind of foundation are you wearing because your skin is beautiful?" When I told her what it was she said it was the best tip anyone had ever given her! I'm stockpileing big time.

on 6/17/2005 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Well I liked the color (Golden), the coverage, the texture and how long it lasts but sadly it clogged my pores and now I have little bumps everywhere! I don't know what in it caused this but I have tried it several times...dumb me because I really wanted it to work but everytime I would break out. I am very oily, acne prone with huge, I mean, potholes here on my face!

on 6/16/2005 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this product. I wouldn't say it's blemish HEALING, really, but it doesn't cause any additional breakouts. The coverage is just perfect. I switched to this from Mary Kay full coverage. I'm much happier with the coverage and it's slightly cheaper ($11 at Target as opposed to $14 from a consultant).

I've noticed a lot of people commenting about the wide mouth. I haven't had any problems with the mouth but that may be because I use a sponge for application. It makes everything much easier. continued >>

on 6/15/2005 6:15:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

After reading mixed reviews I wasn't too sure about this product (I purchased it before reading!)but I can say that I am pleasantly surprised!!
The coverage is great giving me a natural semi matt appearance and it lasts all day without getting oily (which happens to me when I use Superfit)
My skin looks much better (i don't actually think that it has cleared anything up, thats due to a great Evian facewash, but it may have prevented them from coming back!)My only complaint is with the bottle! Um I can't travel with it as it spills EVERYWHER!! Im too scared to put it in my makeup bag as it will ruin it! Almay CHANGE THE BOTTLE!!!! Other than that 2 thumbs up!! !