August 22, 2014 | 1639 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2005 10:25:00 AM More reviews by stacialue0330

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Last summer, I started to break out a bit and thought perhaps this makeup would help me out since it contains blemish-healing medicine. Well, this foundation only succeeded in making my complexion go from bad to worse! The good part of this foundation was that the color match was fairly good (for a drugstore brand) and the staying power was excellent. Would have been a great foundation for my oily, acne-prone skin if it didn't make my blemish problem worse! Definitely won't be buying again!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2005 3:03:00 AM More reviews by vixenchica777

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my HG foundation for the moment since I can't seem to find anything better. The shades are a little to yellow for me but that is my only complaint since it goes on with good coverage, is easy to apply, never makes me break out, and looks natural. Most foundations wreak havoc on my skin and this is the only one that doesn't so I guess I'll keep coming back until my acne-prone teenage years are over. Really a great foundation for teens.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2005 2:34:00 PM More reviews by bigemom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my HG foundation. The foundation that I keep coming back to time and again. I am very fair but the lightest color suits me perfectly. It blends easily and the color does not turn on me during the day. It has medium coverage and will cover minor imperfections but lets your skin shine thru. I love this foundation. I have very sensitive skin and most other foundations break me out or cause a rash, this is one of the only ones that I do not have a problem with. The only objection I have to it is the bottle. The bottle is horrible. It is square shaped and the top of the bottle is round so foundation gets caught in the top and it can get kind of funky. Almay needs to redesign the bottle and they would have a PERFECT product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2005 3:06:00 PM More reviews by qaweenbee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I always try different foundations to see if there is anything good out there ... but I just love the way this foundation covers and looks so good. I like good coverage for a flawless face. It had excellent coverage and I reallly like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2005 9:36:00 AM More reviews by Bluekittykat8

I have to say every time I try and stray from this product I end up going right back to it. I don't know what it is about this make up but it goes on nicely and I use a sponge which is why the container does'nt really bother me. I just wish they had a better color range b/c I have to mix both 1 and 2. I like it better than neutrogena's blemish fighting MU. :)Came back to this yet again after i tried BE..blah this is much better!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2005 7:48:00 PM More reviews by lynz_83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation, it helps keep my skin stay fairly breakout-free. I could never wear foundation before because I always broke out, but this is a good one. I find it's a little too thick though, so in the mornings I mix a bit into my moisturizer and it goes on much more sheer (like a tinted-moisturizer) and looks great all day! The bottle sucks, but it's a decent price and works well, so I'll probably buy it again :)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2005 3:43:00 PM More reviews by aeroxy82

i have a love/hate relationship w/ this foundation. i love it b/c i can count on it never breaking me out, but i hate it b/c it gives wierd coverage ( covers redness but leaves your blemishes and pores looking icky and pronounced). i use this in Beige. i apply it with a sponge to give a more natural finish, this seems to help with the shiny-ness that comes with applying it w/ your fingers, but im really just not happy with this foundation at all. i cant understand why they would market this for oily/acne prone skin, when all it does is accentuate those bad parts that you want to downplay.
p.s-i do use the concealer from this line regularly, and like it. cant say the same for this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2005 12:48:00 AM More reviews by mercurial

Love this. I got lucky with the shade (it matches perfectly), and I even slept in my makeup three times with NO skin problems the next day. The bottle neck could be narrower, but I haven't been this happy with a foundation since Clinique.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2005 7:02:00 PM More reviews by fes_fsa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

good product, but better suited for people with oilier skin. tried it on my combination skin and it didn't blend as good as their compact-cream CC foundation, because it dries a little too fast.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2005 3:02:00 PM More reviews by Audge

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have finally found a foundation I can wear! Hooray! I bought this in 01 Ivory and it matches my skin tone perfectly. It goes on so smooth & looks so natural. It also keeps my oily skin from looking too greasy. The price is right too. The only downside is the horrible bottle; I always have to keep it upright to prevent spills.