November 1, 2014 | 716 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2009 2:06:00 AM More reviews by mztre85

I purchased this product after a co-worker of mine recommended it to me since I have combination skin (oily on my cheeks and nose). I like using this product as a makeup remover or cleansing right before applying my makeup. I don't use this just to cleanse my face because I really don't feel it "cleansing". I'm used to cleansers that are creamer or have some lil' micro scrubs on it. I do have to say that this product has helped with my oilyness and I am still using it. I do like it but don't love it!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/18/2009 3:49:00 PM More reviews by jacks250

So disappointed. I am on Retin-A so have oily but severely dehydrated skin. I thought this cleanser would clean, yet not dry out my skin any further. This is not the case...my face is flaky, extremely tight, after washing. At first I thought it was pretty good b/c it was better than my previuos cleansers in this respect (ie. didn't dry out AS MUCH), but still..isn't a gentle cleanser supposed to be gentle/???? maybe i'll try the regular version.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2009 1:36:00 PM More reviews by tmab

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for about 5 years and it's the best cleanser for MY skin. I've tried many, many dif. cleanser and I always come back to this. I have combo skin, which is VERY oily in the summer. I just love it:)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2009 12:28:00 AM More reviews by MiraxT

It's great value if your face can tolerate this cleanser. You get a lot of it and it's pretty cheap in the first place. Let me preface this review by saying most things don't irritate my skin. I've used every drug store cleanser out there, and this was the only one that managed to scab over my entire face. After two uses, my entire face was covered in dead, dry, flaky, itchy, red skin. It stings going on and has incredible oil sapping power. Unless your face is a Texas oil pump, do NOT use this! I started using this as a body wash and it even managed to break my legs out. I couldn't find a use for it so I finally threw the mostly full bottle out. I'm staying as far away from this as I can!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2009 11:34:00 AM More reviews by Hanny826

I like this product as a cleanser. I don't use it daily though because I don't want to overdry my skin. The product isn't drying and it works well for my oily skin. I mainly use it on my t-zone though. I also like the packaging! It's cute and convenient =D

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2009 6:00:00 PM More reviews by tenderheart003

I grabbed this on accident instead of the gentle cleanser and it stung so bad! I am on several acne medications so my skin is really sensitive and dry at the moment and this made it so much more dry and irritated! For skin like mine the gentle cleanser is sooo much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2009 11:37:00 AM More reviews by chai24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Love this cleanser. Good for oily skin. It is clear runny liquid cleanser. This is comparable to Clinique cleanser for oily skin but cheaper. Washes off make up and dirt well. Feels cleaned and comfortable after washing. It's a good to start for oily blemish prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2009 5:44:00 PM More reviews by beantowngrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

love this cleanser! I have combi/sensitive skin. for a few years now I have been using philosophy purity. I would buy the large bottle from qc and have it in my shower and put it in other bottles for my gym bag and travel bag. Recently mine got over and when I went to buy it I read reviews that they have changed the formula and the new one is not good. so my quest for another cleanser started again. I read a review of this and decided to try it. I like it a lot so far. it gets most of my makeup off, the day I put on more I will use a wet wipe and remove it and then wash my face. it has not broken me out or given my any other problem. definitely a keeper. plus I love the pump bottle and the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2009 12:05:00 AM More reviews by rebelprince

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

What can I say? Gets all my makeup off and gets my skin clean without stripping it. My skin has significantly improved after using this. I've used a lot of higher end cleansers and this one actually turned out to work the best for me. For the money, this product works pretty darn well.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2009 4:17:00 AM More reviews by rosan671

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I always find myself returning to Cetaphil. It's worked on me before, so now that I started breaking out again and getting little bumps on my face.. I ran to Cetaphil. I will always love this product, it's mild, non-drying. My skin is still not the best, but it has felt and looked better compared to the past few months. I'm almost out of this product, and I just bought an Aveeno Clear Complexion Cleansing Bar to try out. So we'll see how they compare. If anything goes wrong, you'll know I'll be running back to Cetaphil.