April 18, 2014 | 1833 users online

Mascara - Estee Lauder - MagnaScopic Maximum Volume Mascara

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2003 3:42:00 PM More reviews by orodwen

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Oh, I really don't like this mascara. It made my eyes burn & itch, for starters, but it also gave me spider leg eyes!

My first coat, other than burning, made my lashes clump together and not in a thick way so it looked like I had less lashes than when I started. I couldn't even comb my lashes out to separate them.

After taking a deep breath I applied another coat. Oh gosh, I couldn't wait to get this mascara off! My lashes were the worst looking I had seen in YEARS and my eyes were on fire. I tried this mascara 2 hours before I went to bed and they were still itching when I turned the bedroom light out.

I'll be shocked if no one else has the problems I did.

Lastly, this was the sample which I received during a purchase. Oh geez, this mascara is wretched for me!!! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2003 1:28:00 AM More reviews by Megleigh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this mascara. It makes my lashes look extremely long, and it doesn't clump on me. I use it during the day on its own but at night I like to use it over another mascara that makes my lashes fuller (I like MF 2000 calorie), so then I get length and fullness!
I think I am in the minority, but I really like EL mascaras (Illusionist and Futurist as well), more than the popular Lancome and Px mascaras.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2003 12:02:00 AM More reviews by LaytotheC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was rather disappointed at the wetness of this product. Like other reviewers, upon my first application I too had about 4 lashes because it all clumped togetger. When I did one/two coats, it was noticable, but not impressive. This product is good for someone with long lashes and just wants another little boost.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2003 7:52:00 PM More reviews by mriaow

This reminded me a lot of Great Lash, in that the formula is very wet, and has a tendency to smudge if you're not super careful. When I first applied this, it made my lashes sort of group and stick together- so it actually made me look like I had a sparse amount of lashes, but each individual lash was thick and glossy. I prefer fluttery, long lashes, and this didn't work too well for my needs. The wet texture is too hard to control, and it took too much effort to comb my lashes through to make then look separated. This lengthened a bit, but didn't curl or give any sort of boost at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2003 3:38:00 AM More reviews by sugarkane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i got this as a sample and must say i am pleasantly surprised with it. in the past EL mascaras have not been in the same league as lancome ones. i guess EL finally got with the program! lashes are well separated and defined. i would say magnascopic makes lashes slightly thicker than definicils but definicils makes lashes slightly longer. definicils is still my hg but put magnascopic put up a good fight (which is more than i can say for 99.9% of other mascaras).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2003 3:33:00 PM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like how it volumizes but it's too thick and goopy for me. It's a bit hard to apply because it's so messy and it smears on me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2003 1:22:00 PM More reviews by NYgirl

I got a free sample of this at the counter with the card that was in a magazine. The MA told me only to use 1 coat because it would get goopy if I used more. It makes my lashes look thick and full and didn't clump on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2003 1:28:00 PM More reviews by Bunkey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

WOW! I have tried so many mascaras! This is the best hands down. Nice thickening in one application. Just glides across my lashes. No need for a second coat either. Ive used ones from .99 to 27.00. A bit expensive at 20. for this but to me its worth it to find a mascara that I dont need two coats, love the color(pitch black) and wears well and goes on beautifully. Definite repeat buyer here!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2003 5:52:00 PM More reviews by DianaS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been testing this mascara for several days. Good things about it - the pigment is very rich (black-black), it thickens and enhances my lashes nicely without adding too much length, it has not flaked/smudged nor irritated my eyes, and it seems to wash off fine with my regular cleanser.
Not-so-great - This mascara goes on very thickly with lots of clumps. I think they could have done much better with the brush. It's one of those mascara brushes that has very short bristles with relatively large spaces between clumps. I have to work quite a bit to separate my lashes and de-clump.
Overall, this mascara creates a nice dramatic effect (as opposed to the natural look of Clinique Naturally Glossy) and wears well, if you don't mind taking extra time at application. I don't think it's got anything on Lancome mascaras, but neither is it inferior to them. I probably won't repurchase, for two reasons. Firstly, I prefer to wear more subtle mascara on a daily basis. Secondly, I don't have the patience to work this hard except on special occasions. That said, if I receive any GWP sizes of this mascara, I'm sure that I'll keep them around and use them for special occasions. continued >>