August 20, 2014 | 2099 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2007 2:52:00 AM More reviews by cheekypig

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Dove Beauty Bar is a wonderful cleanser for both the face and body. The scent is just lovely; clean and soft. It quickly lathers up to lots of foamy bubbles and feels soothing on my skin. I love the way this gently cleanses my skin without drying and it also cleared up the small bumps on my skin. The skin on my body can get really sensitive, itchy and irritated, but this really helps to nourish and soothe it; leaving it feeling refreshed and calm. It really helps to follow up with some good body lotion after a shower; I use Aveeno Daily Moisturising Lotion. For my face and neck, I use either Trilogy or Dr. Hauschka. This routine always keeps my skin looking healthy and feeling balanced all year round.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2007 7:48:00 AM More reviews by ahappyplace

My husband and I were die-hard shower gel users for the longest time...all bar soaps seemed so drying, and I've tried everything from Lush to cold-processed soaps that were purported to be "ultra-moisturizing" but just made my skin hurt. When my husband had an eczema flare-up recently, we got this beauty bar on the recommendation of his doctor. I tried it in the shower and loved it all over again--this was the only soap my mom ever kept in the house when we were growing up. The scent is a departure from all of the fruity and foody shower gels I'm used to, but it is so comforting and best of all, it sticks to your skin unlike all of the ridiculously expensive Lush soaps. I'm also able to use it on my face with no problems, although I do use a different cleanser at night to remove makeup. It hasn't magically cured my husband's eczema, but it doesn't dry his skin or cause flare-ups, so we will definitely keep these bars stocked up in our house.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2007 2:17:00 AM More reviews by CrazedProductJunkie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Well, i think my search may be over in the cleansing department of life lol. I have used many body washes in the past not realizing that though they said moisturizing they were HORRIBLY drying esp one with sodium/ammonium laurel/laureth sulfates. I think they caused alot of acne and dryness and didnt allow the skin to heal properly from wounds. Anyway, I started to stick to an Aveeno facial wash which did contain sulfates but seemed gentle but rather drying for my face and Irish Spring with Aloe for my body which is gentle enough( very mild scent, not drying) but my Aveeno ran out on me and i had nothing to wash my face with and I resorted to a bar of pink Dove my mom had and I think this s it for me. Cheap, non drying but you still feel clean, smells so pleasant and seems perfect for washing my body with! I love the idea of using the same product for face and body, no parabens etc. I LOVE DOVE! , will update if i change my mind....

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2007 11:33:00 AM More reviews by Littlel07

I LOVE this Dove bar! I have mild acne around my chin/jaw area, along with some scars... This stuff has cleared up all my acne and is now clearing all those scars up too! I actually left the house with NO makeup on (which for me was never possible) and actually was asked why i look so good! Try this stuff! Give it 2 weeks (probably less) and you will notice a difference not just in texture, but overall clarity.
I am the girl who loves makeup and bath products.. I never cared how much it cost as long as it worked. Well, for $1.29-$2.00 (for pack of 2 bars) this is the only thing I will ever wash my face with again! Cheap and SUPER effective. Doesn't leave any area on my face dry or itchy. No breakouts either. :) Just clean confident skin.

TRY IT!! and let me know your results... LittleL07@yahoo.com

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2007 4:37:00 AM More reviews by Tramrak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

i adore this, i use this to wash my body AND my face every single time i shower. it leaves skin clean and moisturized and is gentle on my face, doesn't dry it out or irritate it, and smells so clean and heavenly. my mom has used this forever and it's all i'll use in the shower after trying many, many body washes and blah blah blah, i still love my Dove ;D i also really like the green bar w/the little exfoliation beads. besides, there's a reason it's a classic (because it's great!).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2007 10:38:00 PM More reviews by softgrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

why on earth would anyone even think of buying anything else?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2007 8:22:00 PM More reviews by Wuzzo

My family and I live and breathe this beauty bar. It cleans gently and effectively (face and body) and is not at all irritating for even the most sensitive parts. It even removes eye makeup. Lately, I've been using Bliss Fabulous Foaming Cleanser for my face as I like the exfoliation, but Dove bars always sit on my sink and are frequently replaced. I certainly can't say I like other Dove products, or their advertising, which I find patronizing in the extreme.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2007 8:01:00 PM More reviews by Arizonah13

I've got combo skin that tends to have about 1 breakout nearly all the time (boo hoo!) and I've never had any trouble with Dove's original beauty bar. It does a great job of removing all of my make-up and doesn't dry my skin out. Plus, since its so cheap, you can stock up and keep a bar in every shower/sink! I've re-purchased this many times over. Simple but effective. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2007 10:01:00 PM More reviews by PerfectManicure

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love this bar! I use this with a bath poof and it's amazing. Cleanses thoroughly while still leaving my normal/dry skin soft and wonderful. It's gentle enough that I use it on my face as well when I'm in the bath. Absolutley no film, just perfectly clean and soft skin. And it has a lovely scent. I simply adore this bar and would recommend it to everyone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2007 3:06:00 AM More reviews by Sage6o4

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Is it possible to give this a +1000!?!? I just used it on my face and it makes Clinique look like crap! Jesus. I had 2 pimples (which is a lot for me) and I used this, the next day they were practically invisible!!! Made my skin look umm... RADIANT?! It's perfect- not to mention DIRT CHEAP! Who needs expensive skincare when you have this HG?!

UPDATE: I'm just loving this even more and more. What else can I say? Don't even concider anything else girls, This and some olive oil is all you need for skincare! That's what I'm doing right now and my skin has never looked better. I've wasted so much time and money on expensive skincare and I'm punching myself for not making this great discovery sooner. This is my desert island worthy product.