October 31, 2014 | 1535 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2007 10:09:00 PM More reviews by MarkBuehrlesGirl56

Ladies,
after reading ur reviews on this Bar. I had to get it and WOW-wee.......I LOVE IT TOO <333333. Talk about an amazing feel like lotion in the shower and that magnificent scent..golly gracious...I Love it!!!!!! I went out and bought The Dove Exfoliating Body Wash along with the Dove Nutrieum Body Bar. That white Bar is heaven, I can indulge in that thing all day. At first my skin reacted to it since I always use Shower GELS and not Bars and now my skin is peachy fine. THANK YOU GIRLS FOR INTROUDUCING ME TO THIS BAR!!!!!!! YOU GUYS ROCK AND I LOVE YOU MUCH FOR IT :) I AM SERIOUSLY ONE HAPPY GIRLY, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! :) I will be re-purchasing this piece of heaven again!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2007 2:24:00 PM More reviews by foofighter99

I've used this soap since I was a child. The scent is subtle but dinstinctive to Dove and it reminds me of my grandmother. I have very sensitive skin and this is truly the only soap I can use on my face and not have a reaction to. I've used various products in the past but run into the same problem with a reaction on my face from either fragrance or ingredients. Dove soap is moisturising enough to use as a shave soap if you run out of shave cream. I love this product and I'm now the third generation of women to use it in my family. Truly an economical staple beauty product. I would be lost if they ever stopped making it! My husband uses it as well cause he says the smell reminds him of me (kind of sweet in a way).

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2007 1:18:00 AM More reviews by Ava79

Its a soap and as far as soaps go its pretty moisturising. However nothing brilliant. But then i prefer showergels. It does have a really nice fresh scent and is good value for money

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2007 4:21:00 PM More reviews by 1annasroundhere

I have used many of Dove's products in recent years, especially their Nutrium bath bar. I have very sensitive, somewhat dry, very breakout prone skin, and it is difficult to find something to keep me blemish-free while not drying me out. I have used TONS of products, from Neutrogena to Dermalogica to ReVive and La Prairie, and still have not found one that creates that careful balance. After reading the reviews for this product that has literally been around forever, I was hopeful. Long story short, it dried my skin to a itchy, flaky pulp. The scent is great (very comforting) and it does a decent job on my body, but for the face, not such a good idea. Not sure if it made me break out even more or get rid of breakouts, but it definately did not keep the moisture in balance. Worth a shot, but not a 2nd chance :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2007 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Gracious_Lady

Years have gone by, lots of body washes, shower gels and other "moisturizing" bars have entered the market. But, in my opinion, none of them can compare to Dove Beauty Bar. It is second to none. While I would not think of using this on my face given I have oily facial skin that can be acne-prone, this stuff is exceptional and the moisture lasts all day long on me. And the fragarance should be bottled and sold! I am still puzzled & amazed that Dove will not use this scent in the lotions they have put on the market...Anyway, Dove Beauty Bar is an extremely affordable luxury in my opinion -- a spa in a box for less than a $1 per bar...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2007 6:08:00 PM More reviews by ooohsparkles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had used lots of body washes and "nice smelling" products in the shower before. When going to a derm for acne he reccomend I try this. I didn't like it on my face, but I LOVE it as a body cleanser. I'm finding my skin to be more and more sensitive. This does a great job at cleaning, no breakouts on my back (only a couple if i ever had any), and moisturizes!!
I will continue to buy this and perhaps try the sensitive skin bar since i have a couple lying around as well!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2007 7:12:00 PM More reviews by noire

Its pH7, so thats excellent for my ace. It cleans my face and body well. It can be dry for my skin sometimes, but then I just put on more moisturizers afterwards.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2007 7:02:00 PM More reviews by coffeekim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

My mom loves these. I buy them to put in with the Christmas, mothers day, or birthday gifts I buy for her. They have such a great smell, I can always smell the giftbags that I fix up for her when I walk near them. I only wish I could use the Dove bars, but even the sensitive skin ones can give me itchy skin so I have to stick to other mild brands of soap, so I will still buy them again, just for mom!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2007 2:52:00 AM More reviews by cheekypig

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Dove Beauty Bar is a wonderful cleanser for both the face and body. The scent is just lovely; clean and soft. It quickly lathers up to lots of foamy bubbles and feels soothing on my skin. I love the way this gently cleanses my skin without drying and it also cleared up the small bumps on my skin. The skin on my body can get really sensitive, itchy and irritated, but this really helps to nourish and soothe it; leaving it feeling refreshed and calm. It really helps to follow up with some good body lotion after a shower; I use Aveeno Daily Moisturising Lotion. For my face and neck, I use either Trilogy or Dr. Hauschka. This routine always keeps my skin looking healthy and feeling balanced all year round.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2007 7:48:00 AM More reviews by ahappyplace

My husband and I were die-hard shower gel users for the longest time...all bar soaps seemed so drying, and I've tried everything from Lush to cold-processed soaps that were purported to be "ultra-moisturizing" but just made my skin hurt. When my husband had an eczema flare-up recently, we got this beauty bar on the recommendation of his doctor. I tried it in the shower and loved it all over again--this was the only soap my mom ever kept in the house when we were growing up. The scent is a departure from all of the fruity and foody shower gels I'm used to, but it is so comforting and best of all, it sticks to your skin unlike all of the ridiculously expensive Lush soaps. I'm also able to use it on my face with no problems, although I do use a different cleanser at night to remove makeup. It hasn't magically cured my husband's eczema, but it doesn't dry his skin or cause flare-ups, so we will definitely keep these bars stocked up in our house.