April 20, 2014 | 1000 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 9:50:00 PM More reviews by Aniita

i really like this foundation, i have combo skin, oily nose rest of face is normal some dry patches. Moisturize good prior to putting on. stays matte all day, feels and looks natural. Only problem is that it does have a slight pink tone to it but overall matches my NC20 skin good. I got the shade Buff Beige. Does oxidise a bit, not much though.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2013 7:07:00 PM More reviews by CasThursday

This is the first foundation I ever used. I really like it, it covers rednesses and pimples, but does not really work for dark circles, I still have to put conceler under my eyes, which isn't really a big deal.
I dot it all over my face, then blend it in with a slippling brush.
I put I on at 10 in the morning and my face didn't look oily when I took it off at 6.
I don't know if it's beacause i'm not used to apply foundation, but it looked a bit cakey, even if I didn't apply a lot (around a pump and a half).
Speaking of pump, I find it really helpfull that it comes with one, it helps gaging the amount of product.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by jscott7196

I bought this foundation yesterday because of all the hype around this product. Today is my first day applying & wearing it and I have to say it really doesn't deserve all the hype. It blends out horribly. Super streaky and took forever to look even. It clings to dry areas. The coverage is ok but didn't hide my blemishes or pigmentation. You also have to use a few pumps just to get and even coverage cuz like I said it's so hard to blend out. Definitely will not be repurchasing. If u want a good foundation that lasts long go for the revlon colorstay

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2013 10:51:00 AM More reviews by Shants

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The coloring isn't too orange or pink. I have never worn a drug store brand foundation and I am really impressed.

I have acne prone skin and blemishes to cover. I didn't need concealer and although the coverage is med to heavy, the foundation feels light on my skin. I did wear an orange corrector under because I have hyper pigmentation around my mouth and eyes. Compared to Mac Studio fix, this coverage is more smooth and doesn't settle in my pores or creases/wrinkles.

I usually wear 08 in Vasanti or NC43, NC44 in Mac and Classic Tan is a perfect match.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2013 9:37:00 AM More reviews by avablue14a

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm an EL Double Wear and L'Oreal wearer. I have used the CG & Olay Tone Rehab and was looking for that again at my local Target and came across this. Decided to give it a try at $9.49. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't happy with my purchase because I am! It's nice to get a product with both a primer and concealer; It goes on a bit thick but nice that the cap has a lock on it. I'm a pump fan forever now. Not totally a CG convert but impressed with this and their Olay Tone Rehab. Still love EL Double Wear but glad that I didn't have to pay the $30 price. I'd buy it again for sure unless they change the formula.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2013 11:32:00 AM More reviews by Decobalgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Despite having plenty of foundation/BB cream options that I'm perfectly happy with, I can't resist trying out something that is all the rage, especially if it's a drugstore brand that can help stretch my makeup dollars.

Well, this one is not for me. Not even close. It makes me look pretty gosh darn haggish, and there is otherwise nothing haggish about me. If I want to go from happy, healthy, fresh faced and youthful, to sad, tired, macabre, haggish, rode hard and hung out wet, all I have to do is put on this CoverGirl 3 in 1.

I'm sure this is more a function of this foundation not being a fit for my skin type and complexion, as opposed to it being inherently a poor performing product. I have slightly dry skin, and this stuff gives me scales, in the process of molting. And I've tried three different shades, including the greatly misnamed Soft Honey, and they have all made me look slightly grey. Not enough yellow or warmth in them, although neither did it look pink. It just looked ... grey.

I do not recommend this for dry skin or dry areas on combination skin, or for yellow or olive undertoned skin.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by mjc410

I love this foundation so much ! I've been trying out a lot of different foundations the last year and this is by far the best. It's lasts all day at school and let me tell you my school is always a steady 80 degrees. All I do is put on with my hands then put my powder or bronzer over it and it looks flawless. The color is perfect too and I usually HATE covergirl anything but this is really good . It was about twelve dollars at cvs but its so worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by imaiyarules

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For me, this foundation is one of the better ones that I've ever tried. To be fair, I'm not exactly a makeup junky. Some of the foundations that I've tried that come to mind are: Maybelline Liquid Mousse (horrific), Maybelline Fit me (pretty good, but too ashy), Maybelline Mousse in the jar (OMG so bad), and Mac Studio Fix Fluid. I'd been using Studio Fix for around a year, and though I noticed some definite flaws with the product, I wanted to use it till the end.
I definitely prefer Covergirl's Outlast to Studio Fix. The biggest thing I noticed was how light the Outlast felt. With Studio Fix, I always felt a heavy layer, even when I barely applied any to my face. Defenite bonus for me.
The colour match is not so fabulous. I'm an NC42-45, and I always felt the Mac foundations were slightly orange. Contrarily, Outlast in Tawny has a slight green/yellow undertone. I don't like the effect too much. It's fine though, because I mix the foundation with another cheaper foundation.
For me, it's definitely a medium coverage foundation. I have severe dark pigmentation on the sies of my cheek, so I can't blame Outlast for not covering anything. This is one thing that Studio Fix Fluid has on the Outlast, but it comes at a price, as Outlast feels so much more natural.
Also, Outlast has sort of a wierd smell to it. I can't say I mind too much, but I'd prefer if it wasn't there.
The foundation is slightly on the pricy side, being 13$ at Shoppers Drug Mart. But Im sure I could have gotten this cheaper at Walmart, and compared to my Fluid, which was around 30 dollars for the same amount I think, this is a steal.
The foundation dries to a matte finish, so I would not recommend this to those with oilier skins. I also find it doesn't last all day, so setting this with powder is a must, and touch-ups may be necessary.
Overall, I don't think I'd purchase this again. I think I can find a better shade match, and a more natural finish, even at the drugstore.

** Also, I never realized this foundation is part of the Queen collection, which I love! Making darker shades accessible is something I can admire. P.S, did i mention that this has a spf of 20 and it doesn't give a white cast! Fabulous.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2013 8:41:00 AM More reviews by gulimba

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Make me look ten years older,not for dry skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2013 7:37:00 PM More reviews by marshiemallow14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Overall I think it was good. It was a little orangey, and even the lightest colour was a little too dark for my skin. However I fell like it gave me good coverage, my skin looked really even after I applied it. I don't think the coverage was perfect, and maybe if I had more spots or acne it wouldn't be as good of coverage, however I did appreciate that my freckles weren't completely covered and my skin looked natural. It did seem to make the skin on my nose a little dry, but that may have been the applicator I used. However it was easy to use, and I felt really natural and comfortable with it on.

Edit: With even further use I have come to dislike this foundation, but will have to make it work because there's not much foundation lighter than this. I It looks alright at first, but because oranger as it sets in. I used to be able to hide the very obvious edged with my hair, but without my old long hair I can't do this anymore. I would not recommended this for someone very light, because it is simply not light enough.