December 20, 2014 | 1600 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2012 9:19:00 AM More reviews by jarona

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Wow. I have mixed emotions about this palette. I had been hemming and hawing over the original Naked palette and the couple of times I was actually going to purchase it, Sephora was out of it as well as Ulta. I kind of gave it a shrug because so many of the reviews for the first Naked were that it was geared toward warmer complexions and I'm cooler. Then came Naked 2. I was kind of on the fence about it but really liked the colors of the shadows. Another customer at Ulta raved so much about this collection that I buckled under and purchased it.
I really like it. A lot. However, I'm not in love with it. While the palette is considered neutral--a quality I absolutely love because I'm really not about color on my eyes. I also like the fact that there is a decent selection of mattes, shimmers, and hues of neutrals. At my age, I'm not about the shimmer anymore, but I do like to highlight right under my brow every now and then (especially in the evening) with a slight shimmer. In addition, I like the texture and the quality of the black shadow. It lines very nicely and stays put. The case is also a plus--sturdy for travel. The double-ended brush that comes with the palette is also surprisingly decent. The lipgloss that came with it--well, I threw it out. I didn't get it--if this palette is a "cooler" palette then why place a warmer-toned gloss--way to "orangey" for this pale gal.
What stopped me from giving this a 5-lipstick, HG sort of status? The palette lacked a "to-die-for" shadow. I'll tell you, my Too-Faced Naked palette has the beautiful "Like a Virgin" shadow. That one shadow has become my all-time favorite. I have two palettes with that one shadow contained and I have hit that teeny-weeny pan with both shadows. I only wish the Too-faced guys would produce a single "Like a Virgin" shadow--my eye life would be complete. Anyway, back to UD Naked 2--there is no showstopper shadow that has been incorporated into this palette. Is it worth the $50.00? Considering what you get--yeah--it is. (with the exception of that dopey lip gloss, it is) Am I sorry I purchased it? Absolutely not. Because of the neutrality (is that a word???) of the palette, I'll get good use of it and because it is packaged so it will travel well, I will get good use of it. Would I purchase this item again? In all honesty--no. If there was one shadow that I would use constantly, I would have to vote yes--but it lacks that one item.
Overall, I do recommend this palette, but in a 4-lipstick way--not a HG way. Thank you for reading this review. Hope I helped just a little bit.

20 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2012 6:57:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

Don't get me wrong - even though I say I wouldn't buy it again, I do think the shadows in the Naked Palette(s) are good ones. High pigmentation, unique and not-so-unique colors, UD has managed to not go too out of control with the shimmer, but somehow ... I never feel like I can't live without them. I am trying some new combinations on my eyes that I have seen on you tube - hoping that I am just missing something - but generally find that the colors aren't that remarkable. For example, I don't find that one or those two colors that I think of turning to in the am when I am in a hurry. Maybe I will change my mind but for now, after several months with this, I remain fairly unimpressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2012 6:08:00 PM More reviews by kellor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Pros:
Pigmentation
Packaging travel friendly
Texture - silky and blends easily
Longevity
Mini Lip Gloss
3 Finishes - matte, satin, and shimmer

Cons:
Price - must think of it as an investment
Eyeshadow Brush - bring back the eye pencil please

Skin Type Combination, Extremely Sensitive
Coloration Cool toned and very fair

This is my go-to palette for a beautiful natural eye. I am extremely fair and most eyeshadows tend to look "heavy" on my eyes. A quick/light swipe of Urban Decay's "Sin" or even "Naked" eyeshadow on my lids can be over kill. It's a plus that I don't need very much product to create a smoky eye, but the perfect natural eye eluded me until I purchased Naked 2.

Everything that I could need for an everyday or evening eye is in this palette. I wish that there were more matte shadows, but the quality of "Tease", "Blackout", and "Foxy" are lovely. "Verve", "YDK", and "Tease" are the most amazing shadows for creating a simple and elegant natural eye. All of the shadows are wonderfully pigmented and blend like a dream on my lids. I have dry eyelids so eyeshadows typically fade quickly. I usually put a little of my Embryolisse moisturizer on my lids so the eyeshadow has something to stick to. I can easily apply any eyeshadow from Naked 2 without added moisturizer, and the pigmentation lasts all day.

All of the colors look amazing against my green eyes; "Chopper", "Snakebite", and "Busted" together give my eyes a jeweled effect. My sister has grey/blue eyes and the colors really make her eyes pop as well. I imagine that brown or hazel eyes would look fantastic with this palette too. I don't think that this palette is strictly "cool-toned". It's quite neutral in my opinion. Someone who is overtly warm-toned may find that these colors wash out their complexion, so Naked original would be their better option.

I own both Naked and Naked 2. Both will last me a very, very long time and both are of amazing quality. I cannot pick one over the other. I use Naked during the summer when I want more of a glow to my complexion and use Naked 2 during the fall/winter seasons. I appreciate the packaging of Naked 2 more as it has a secure and sturdy lid. I've had to secure Naked original with bubble wrap and tape when I've traveled; I can't bear to ding it up. When I travel, Naked 2 is all I need for my eyes.

Would I repurchase Naked 2? You bet, but that won't be necessary for a very long, long, long time. The investment is worth the price for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2012 3:00:00 PM More reviews by ticklez88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

As a stand alone palette, this is amazing. I won't compare it to Naked 1 because I prefer to view them as seperate palettes. Naked 2 has a great selection of high quality shades that are flexible and allow me to create work appropriate looks as well as night time looks. I don't care for the packaging, it is a bit bulky and feels like the lid may snap off if I fold it back too far. The lipgloss and brush that come with it are things I'd never use. I think I would prefer a 24/7 eyeliner instead. I LOVE the shades Busted and Verve

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2012 11:16:00 AM More reviews by trautman

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have had this for over a month, and thought I would add to the reviews... This is a good palette, and I do like it, but I don't understand all of the hype. Maybe because I don't have the first one? I love these eyeshadows individually, but when I use snakebite or busted as a crease color(rarely do I use a matte black), the look looses the "naked" effect and mud's up a bit. So the only soft crease color is tease, which I find odd for a "naked" palette. My favorites are tease, bootycall, verve, suspect and YDK. I dislike the lip junkie. It smells like mint and is sticky. The brush is horrible! The flat side works better for cream shadows, and the blending side is way to big for my small lid space. My ELF brushes work better. A pencil and primer potion would have made this a better value. This was a birthday gift and I enjoy playing with it , but not a must have in opinion, especially if you own other urban decay palettes.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2012 8:31:00 PM More reviews by nattyd16

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sooooo, I absolutely adore Snakebite, and I really like Busted. I absolutely hate the rest of the palette. I bought this as soon as UD emailed me - sight unseen. I really regret it. I like the first Naked Palette (definitely wish it was half matte and half shimmer though), because the colors were warm. The Naked 2 seems to be for cooler complected ladies. Which I may have found out if I would have acted like a lunatic, and ordered on the spot. Ugh, lesson learned! If they ever make Snakebite alone, I will be the first in line to buy 5.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2012 10:35:00 PM More reviews by sbally

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

So, I have owned this for about a month and still cannot decide how I feel about it. The colors are lovely although, even when Swatched side by side, not all that different from naked1 (which I do own). Some colors, such as the matte taupe, are not very blendable and the colors tend to mud up. I have to use colors from other brands to vary texture quality. The packaging is nice as it is secure. The brush is. Awful. I had to have this as I am a makeup ahold and really enjoy my n1 but am debating whether to return it or keep it. Also several shadows are tilted in the pan, come on UD!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2012 11:52:00 AM More reviews by CSBeauty91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I spent $50 on this product 2 weeks ago, and I wish I could get my money back. I have been using these shadows everyday so far, and I can't get myself to love this. Personally, I think this palette is overrated! Yes, the colors are pretty but nothing to rave about! I just don't see what the hype is with these shades. Honestly, I can get the same effect with drugstore products (much cheaper btw!) like Maybelline's neutral color shadow quads. Plus, the lasting power is NOT good at all! The color fades and creases on my lids (even with primer underneath!). Again, drug store shadows I've used actually last much better and don't crease. Overall, I'm disappointed, and anyone who is tempted to buy this....don't bother!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2012 10:59:00 AM More reviews by AlmaStarr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am surprised by all of the glowing reviews for this. I have the first one and I use it all the time. I really love it. This is ok. Actually, the colors are strikingly similar so I'm not sure what all of this fuss is about. Holding them side by side I find it difficult to justify why I need both but since my Naked 1 is running low, I'll probably keep the Naked 2. I am annoyed that they reuse so many colors from palette to palette so this will probably be my last UD eyeshadow purchase for a long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2012 7:57:00 AM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I don't own the original NAKED palette, but basing on swatches online, I'm glad I skipped it and instead waited to get the NAKED 2. I really love the colors they've provided in this palette. Apart from being wearable, you get a good amount of highlights, midtones, and crease colors to give you a very versatile palette, unlike how the first one had more of warm crease colors.
The quality is no doubt excellent. They're buttery soft and a small amount goes a long, long way, which is why despite being really expensive, is actually well worth the money you pay for.
The packaging is also far more superior than the original boxed palette since this comes is a tin, which is very travel friendly. In fact, being in a working environment that would demand me to change up my looks from day to night, this palette is a staple not only in my everyday makeup routine but also in my travel makeup bag.
I am really in love with this palette, and I don't think I'll ever be buying the first one because of how much I love the colors in this one--heck, I don't think I'll be buying any other neutrals palette anytime soon. :))