August 21, 2014 | 1920 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2012 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I didn't purchase the original Naked because the colors were too warm. When I saw Naked 2, I was very excited because it contained cooler shades. After using it for a couple of weeks, I hate to admit that I am disappointed. I agree with some of the other reviewers who have stated that it is difficult to achieve an everyday look because many of the colors are dramatic. I find that some of the lid shades blend too well with the crease shades, so I end up with a smokey eye every time I wear a lid/crease shade combo. I also agree that the brush isn't the best and the gloss is a nice color.

I have also found that even some of the lid shades seem too dark for a "naked" look. I don't feel that I can achieve the looks I want from this palette only. I'm pulling single shades and shades from other palettes to create the looks I want, which isn't a deal breaker, but I was hoping I didn't need to do that regularly, especially since this palette was $50.

With that said, some of the colors in the palette are gorgeous and I reach for at least one of them everyday. I love Tease, Snakebite, Busted, YDK, Pistol, Verve and Bootycall.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2012 4:07:00 AM More reviews by Tygerlilee84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

So my two scents on this palette are that it is full of lid shades. Emilynoel83 pointed this out and I realized she is totally right. there are two darker colors which are both cool toned (black and blackplum) and two or three highlights (depending on your coloring) and the rest are all midtone colors. I find myself centering a look around a shadow in the naked 2 palette but finishing the look with a color from the original naked palette. That being said, they are lovely lid colors. They are cooler in general, but I like that. It makes sense to me to have one warm (naked 1) and one cool palette (naked 2). They could have made ALL the colors cool.
If I could redesign these two palettes, however, I would have only one black color between the two and only one half baked (naturally) and one matte and one shimmery highlight. There would be one purple, brown, and charcoal crease color. And the rest would be fun lid colors. That's just me though. Because I want so many lid colors, I do enjoy this palette. It is harder to get more dramatic looks from it. I would call this the near perfect "work" palette because it would be hard to overdue anything with it.
My favorite combos so far have been bootycall on the lid and suspect or snakebite (or both) in the crease, pistol on the lid and tease or baked (from naked 1) in the crease. I'll edit this as I come up with more combos.
As for the colors, not a fan of foxy (too yellow), I rarely use black so blackout will not get much use, and I hardly used half baked from the first palette so I really don't use it much in this one, I don't usually look good in oranges so chopper won't get used much. However I LOVE all the other colors and that makes this palette more than worth it. I think they should chuck the brush and put in eyeliner again, and honestly I haven't tried the lipgloss yet. It looks very average. I have too many lipglosses already. I wish they'd put in one of the other primers to try, like eden or sin. That would have been cool.
If I could pick my favorite colors from the two and make just one palette (I'm tempted to depot and switch them over/reglue so all my favorites are in the same one) would be: virgin, sin, bootycall, sidecar, naked, buck, smog, suspect, pistol, tease, with gunmetal, YDK, verve, and snakebite competing for the last two spots.
Edit 12/18/12 so after this sitting around for months never getting used because I had too many other colors that were similar, I swapped it. At the end of the day, I use Naked one a lot more and this was just getting ignored. I have a perfect dupe of pistol in MAC smoke and diamonds, and I swapped for verve. Those were the only colors that I really used out of this palette. They are great colors and great quality, I would just say skip it if you like the original Naked palette or have tons of eyeshadows because it will be neglected.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2012 3:16:00 AM More reviews by alisonroxx9

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this. I am so glad I bought it. This suits my fair, pinky skin tone much better than the original (which I still love.) I also find it better to work with in terms of there being more overall lid colors than the original (which, for me, had more contour colors.) The shadows are great quality and the shimmery ones are so soft-looking on the lid, it's kind of hard to describe. Be aware of fallout when applying the shadows, but they will last all day (I use UDPP.) I really love the huge mirror and I quite like the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2012 10:49:00 PM More reviews by heather

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The first Naked palette was an unexpected hit for me and introduced me to the wonderful quality, staying power, and blendability of UD shadows. Naked 2 lives up to my expectations. I can't for the life of me understand why they included Half Baked again, but other than that, this is a home run for me. Personal favorites are Tease, Pistol, Verve, YDK, Busted, and Blackout. However all the shades are lovely and work very well together. The texture is a dream and I live this sturdy new metal packaging. I even find the rush pretty handy. With a primer (I use Too Faced Lemon Drop) these last all day and lend themselves very easily to day-into-night looks. It's also a fantastic value, in my opinion. My love affair with UD shadows continues. Bring on Naked 3.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2012 8:01:00 PM More reviews by prettylights

I got this yesterday after thinking about it since it came out and finally decided it was worth it after seeing it in person. I already have Naked 1, BOS IV, and the 15th Anniversary palette so between those I have a decent amount of UD neutrals. What really sold me on this palette are the shades Tease, Snakebite, Suspect, Pistol, and Verve - they are such pretty cool-toned neutrals, and being a cool fair blonde sometimes the shades in the Naked 1 palette are too warm and overpowering on me. Last night for Valentine's dinner I did a look with Verve on the lid, Bootycall as a highlight, Pistol on the crease/outer corners/lower lashline, Gunmetal on the very outer corners, and lined with Blackout and it was a very sophisticated smoky eye look, perfect for my complexion.

What confuses me about this palette:
Why they included Half Baked again. While it's a very pretty gold, it just doesn't seem to 'fit' with the cooler browns in the palette. Since they felt the need to dupe a shade from Naked 1, I feel like Naked would have been a better addition since that's a perfect neutral base shade.

What's not so good:
It feels like this palette lacks pigmentation compared to the Naked 1 palette. Some shades I had to really layer on, with primer, to get the pigmentation I wanted and I don't have this problem with any of my other UD palettes. Also, there's a lot more fallout with these shadows than I was expecting, especially when you use the stiff bristle brush that comes with it to pick up the shadows. Busted is very similar to Hustle from Naked 1 and is not as pigmented as I thought it would be, but it's a lovely shade.

What I love -
Foxy is a good matte base shade on my light skin and I think it will be a very versatile shade for me. The entire side of the palette from Tease to Blackout I will get a lot of use out of. Suspect and Snakebite compliment each other very well, as do Verve and Pistol. Bootycall is similar to Virgin from Naked 1 but slightly peachier and is a good highlighter shade. YDK is a lovely medium brown with a silver sheen and I think it's a good stand alone shade for a quick wash of color. Tease, although a bit chalky to work with, is a beautiful matte plum brown and it really makes my blue eyes pop. I think Tease would look great on any color skin/eyes. I don't like to use eyeliner and usually line with eyeshadow, so Blackout is my black 'eyeliner' of choice and it's perfect in this palette.

Overall:
I am happy that I got this palette. The neutrals in it are different than other UD shades I have and really compliment my fair skin/blue eyes more than the shades in Naked 1 do. I feel like between Naked 1 and Naked 2 I can do any neutral eye look my heart desires. It's really nice to have the more grey neutrals like Suspect, Pistol and Verve because I have nothing like that in my current e/s collection. If you're on the fence and feel like Naked 1 is too warm for you, definitely give Naked 2 a try. I think I'll be using this one a lot more than Naked 1.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2012 2:44:00 PM More reviews by Emma93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I probably wouldn't buy this again.
Not because I don't like the colors - they are gorgeous and suit me well.
I especially love the colors of YDK, Busted, Suspect and Snakebite. They are gorgeous and all that, but I just don't really know how to use these colors.
This palette seems to be more shimmery than the original one. The finish of the shimmery colors in the Naked2 is even more shimmery than the one in Naked1 and has a lot of fall out. Toasted from the original palette for me has the perfect finish: shimmery but not glittery. I am missing that in the colors of this palette. Except for Suspect, maybe, they all are VERY glittery, especially YDK and Chopper, which I think is very sad, because I love the colors so much.
I still have to experiment with it and see how I make the matte shades work with the glittery ones because often I find that when I apply f.ex. Blackout in the crease it doesn't look like a matte shade anymore, because the lidcolor is so shimmery. I'll see and maybe change my opinion, but so far this does not work for me...

Excuse any mistakes, english is not my mother tongue. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2012 3:02:00 AM More reviews by Keykatriz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not super knowledgeable about makeup, but I saw this palette in stores and kind of fell in love! I debated a while between this and the original Naked palette, but the taupe-y colors in this won me over, plus Snakebite might be my favorite eyeshadow color ever. The construction of this palette is awesome. The mirror is nice and big and the palette is sturdy, looks like it would be great for travel.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2012 12:19:00 PM More reviews by FiestyFemme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

At first I said I didn't need this palette. I have the original Naked palette, plus a ton of MAC neutrals, so this would be a waste. Then I got some Ulta gift cards for Christmas, and there was honestly nothing else that intrigued me except the Naked 2 palette. I stalked the Ulta site until they were available, and then I ran to my nearest store (after work, at almost 9PM) to grab one. I have worn nothing else since! I love, love, LOVE the selection of colors, and I particularly love that they included a matte highlight in this palette. I only have 2 gripes with this palette... 1) I would have preferred another double ended 24/7 pencil like I got with my original Naked palette, and 2) I don't particularly love the fallout of Chopper and YDK. I actually have YDK in a single pan, and mine has barely discernible gold microglitter, while this one seems to have much larger glitter particles. I still adore this palette, and I'm glad I decided to go for it! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2012 7:11:00 AM More reviews by kiki005us

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Okay, so i heard about all the hype surrounding the Naked palettes, and after much deliberation between the first one and the new one, I decided that the Naked 2 would go better with my fair skin tone. I was right! This palette has some wonderful colors in it, and when I use them on my eyes, they make my eyes so beautiful. I love the shimmery shadows inside. Also, I like the brush that is included since I needed a blending brush, and that helps make my eye looks come together. I have only had this for a couple of days, so I will be updating to let you know how things are going with it. HAPPY so far!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2012 7:05:00 PM More reviews by XxDeathXAngelxX

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

It took me forever to get ahold of the first naked palette so when I heard this one was coming out I made sure I got my hands on it. Honestly I really like this palette. The cool shades make it really great for winter and look great on my cool toned skin, plus I'm a huge fan of taupes. The packaging is great imo, study exterior that closes pretty securely and I really like the size of the mirror. The only thing I have against this is that I find its not as easy to create everyday, quick looks with it as it is with the original naked, but I'm sure as I play with it more that will change. This pallet is also great for travel. In terms of the price it is kind of a pricey item overall ($60 CAN) but considering how many shadows you get and the quality of them it's actually a pretty good deal. I also really like the fact that they didn't include another primer this time, I've moved away from using the UDPP and this way I got to try one of their lipglosses (which I really like btw). The brush is also pretty decent, for all those saying it's a pretty crappy brush, I'm surprised . The brush included is a combo (as its double sided) of two of the regular UD brushes, and while the one end isn't super great with powder shadows, it works great with my cream ones.