October 20, 2014 | 1964 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2012 12:41:00 AM More reviews by jeycat

decently moisturizing, natural shine, vibrant colors; i think i am in love with revlon lip butters ! they come in 20 colors, and are just amazing. since they are more buttery/balm-like, they don't last as long as your traditional lipsticks, however, i feel that they work great as a to-go lip color. some of them have noticeable shimmers, but they're very flattering.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2012 10:31:00 AM More reviews by uncomplicated

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this product. My lips stay hydrated and soft even after it wears off and the color I got (Brown Sugar) wears more like a lipstick than a gloss. It has just enough shimmer not to look flat but not so much that it looks glittery or shiny. The pigment fades a little as the gloss wears off, but enough of the color stays so that my lips don't look naked if I can't reapply right away. The thing I like a lot is that it's not tacky like a gloss or dry like a lipstick, but right at a happy medium to get the best of both worlds.

I'm definitely going to get more colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2012 7:49:00 AM More reviews by test0276

I love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2012 8:24:00 PM More reviews by kbbles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this in 005 Sugar Frosting, and I like it, it's like a nude color with some shimmer in it. I would say in between a lot and a little shimmer, more on the a lot side (would that make sense?). The packaging was kind of a fail.. When I got it, there was a little crack in the cap. I had to keep it though, because only one of this color was left. And when I dropped it at school today, the bottom of where you twist it, cracked. the packaging is really cheap, but I like what's in it.

One con, since the formula is so creamy, it usually smooshes everywhere, which I don't really like, but if you're just looking for what it looks like on the lips, then go ahead the smear it on your lips. On the other hand, for me, I tend to get really sad when something so perfect gets ruined, just like when there was a little crack on the bottom of the bottle.

Now, I'm someone who never ever ever wears lipstick, since I'm in my middle school ages. I only wear lip gloss, and I am not ever daring to put on a bright color or anything, because I don't want my friends to think that I'm trying to be too mature. This doesn't feel like a lipstick and doesn't look too bright for a lipstick. Well, at least my color, it's a sheer color, some people say that it's more on the tinted lip balm side, so if you want something like a lipstick, I'd suggest you go get the darker shades, because this is the lightest shade in the collection. When I wear it, it is at least opaque enough to see the difference of my lip color, and my friends say that it looks so pretty on me.

I got this for 6.42 at Walmart, which for me is really cheap, since the drugstore near me would sell stuff like this for at least 10 bucks. The only reason I put 4 lippies on this product, is because of the packaging, I would have put 4 and a half if MUA would let me.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2012 8:19:00 PM More reviews by Cherly57

These lip butters are definitely not worth all this hype. Some people commented that the pigmentation is like lipstick without the drying effect. The one that I bought (cupcake) was not like that at all. It wasn't drying, but it took me around 4-5 swipes to get any color at all. It was simply like a lipgloss. For $7.50, I do not think that these are worth it. You can easily obtain this look by wearing a lipstick and putting clear lipgloss on top. They aren't drying, but neither are most lip glosses and lip balms. I was not impresses with this product and I will not buy it again.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2012 6:20:00 PM More reviews by transitnat00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm pretty new to lipstick (and actually for lip gloss too!) as I have just been a chapstick kind of girl my whole life but I am experimenting and trying out new things. I like this because I feel like it moisturizes really well. The thing I dislike about a lot of lipsticks is that I feel like they show all the dry skin on my lips and this does the total opposite of that!
I have the creamsicle color, which is a pretty peach color and I love it! I couldn't wait to go out the next day and wear it after I bought it. I definitely recommend this and I will probably purchase another color soon!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2012 5:13:00 PM More reviews by lsuchick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

When i first heard of these, i thought, "well i have the koress lip butter, so whats the point of buying a similar product?" I waited about 3 months after they were released. I heard all the rave on youtube from Missglamorazzi, Saaamage, and emilynoel8. I finally gave in and just bought one. Man, did i fall in love with these things. I first bought cupcake. Then a few days later i bought strawberry shortcake then yesterday i bought gumdrop. I like these better than the Koress LB because 1) no messy pot 2.) cheaper price and 3) better color range. Also, i believe these give a better color pay off. You can have a sheer color or a bright intense one. They are like 3-in-1 theyre a lip balm/gloss/stick. And the darker ones leave a slight stain once worn off. I think you cant go wrong with these. I have pale skin so the brighter colors might look better on me than depper tones but they will have a color for your tone!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2012 5:16:00 PM More reviews by Jello487

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't believe how great these are, I just want them all!!! I definitely suggest waiting for a BOGO sale. For reference, I'm a NC30, Asian with yellow undertones. I have Candy Apple and Pink Truffle.

These are so smooth and hydrating, and the darker colors leave a stain on your lips even after they wear off. They leave a great subtle sheen that looks like a nice lipgloss, but isn't as sticky and in your face. I'm really not a lipstick girl because they feel too heavy, and tinted lip balm doesn't really give me a big enough pop of color since my lips are naturally very pigmented. Keep in mind, both colors I have are on the more pigmented spectrum of the color options.

Candy Appple is a very wearble tomato red, which I love because with one swipe it's subtle and sweet, but the coverage is buildable until it's almost a lipstick. Pink truffle is a brownish-pink, and may be too brown for fair-skinned gals. But if it works, it's a truly beautiful sophisticated color. Neither of these colors are sparkly at all, which I really like, but each color will have a different sparkle level.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2012 5:03:00 PM More reviews by island_honey

This is such a fantastic product. I have two: Pink Truffle and Peach Parfait. The Pink Truffle gives me a slight peachy pink color that is perfect for everyday. The Peach Parfait is a gorgeous coral pink with slight gold glitter. I love the Peach Parfait but sometimes the glitter can be overwhelming, so I limit that shade for when I'm not working. I love that I can apply these without a mirror and I don't need a lip balm. It's the perfect amount of color and never dries out my lips. I bought these as soon as they came out and have neglected my other [expensive] lipsticks/lipglosses ever since then. I hope they continue to make this lipstick/balm and add new colors soon!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2012 4:55:00 PM More reviews by um359738

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I heard about these products on YouTube. But I didnt get them cuz of the rave because at the time only one of the YouTube bueaty people I followed had them because they had JUST came out. She really liked them so I went and got them in the first week they where out!(:
I fell. in. love. with these lip butters. I have 4 and they are amazing! They are so creamy and great to pair with other lip sticks or lip glosses the color doesnt last all day but they do last a few hours. It really depends on what color they are. My darker colors last longer that my light colors. So I would totally get this product I am 14 and it is a perfect lipstick because not all 14 year olds are in to lip stick yet, i am, but those who are into lip glosses and tinted chap sticks this is the PERFECT lip stick for you!! Plus they are pretty cheap :D