Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

3.9

Active ingredients: Octinoxate 6% Titanium dioxide 5.6% Inactive ingredients: Aqua, Methyl Trimethicone, Alcohol, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Isododecane, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate PEG-10 Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Alumina, Aluminum hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Magnesium sulfate, Parfum, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Water, Methylparaben, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dipropylene glycol, Polyurethane, BHT, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Tocopherol, Propylparaben, Ultramarines, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77891, Mica

I've tried most Chanel foundations - think my favourite in the past was Fluide Universel. I have also quite liked Shu Uemura face architect. Anyway - am currently happy with Vitalumiere Aqua! I tested it one lunchtime at a Chanel counter and forgot I had it on, then was pretty impressed with my complexion when I looked in the mirror that night. It evens things out and there is still some glow. I probably do need more coverage at times, so will probably have another foundation as back-up. This is great for everyday though, and no-one can see that you are wearing foundation at all. Agree with some of the others that the bottle takes away a bit of the luxury feel, but it is a good size. I suppose that the little bead that mixes things up would break a glass bottle, hence the plastic.

This foundation would be perfect if it did not cause me to break out! The coverage is excellent with just a thin layer. If you apply the foundation with your fingers you get a more natural finish. It has SPF, good easy to travel bottle and doesn't make me oily towards the end of the day. I really really hoped this foundation would work out for me because it just feels so natural on your skin. I have been wearing this for about a month, hoping that the breakouts would subside... I guess it was not meant to be!

I found out this foundation has parabens in it and some other cheap stuff that is not good for your skin and health. Paraben is a hormone and it can make your face hairy, affect your fertility and cause breast cancer, talc is a cheap filter that clogs pores and may cause lung cancer if inhaled, caprylyl glycol is a coconut acid that is used in MAC cosmetics and it gives big painful acne, fragrance irretates skin, oil...well, you know what it does to acne prone skin... It is just shocking how high end brands put all kinds of cheap poison in their makeup and give it a ridiculous price tag. I switched to organic makeup that has no oil, fragrance, talc, paraben and caprylyl glycol in it... good for my skin, the planet and my wallet (14 dollar powder from vitacost)!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I didn't pay much attention to it when it came out because I didn't like that you have to shake the bottle each time. I thought it was very "un-Chanel". then I ran out of my Teint Innocence liquid foudation and found out that this was the replacement. I liked Teint so much so I gave this one a try, and I immediately liked its light weight and luminous finish. I feel that it is very similar to Teint except that it finishes matt. I normally don't like matt finish because my skin can look dry but Vitalumiere AQUA is not a dry-ish matt. It gives a firm and smoothed look with a light coverage. I don't recommend layering on this product, it will give you a powdery look rather than more coverage. I don't mind the plastic bottle I think it's travel friendly. My only complaint is that when I shake the bottle the product leak into the cap. Not a smart design. I took another reviewer's advice to shake the bottle WITHOUT the cap, just make sure to press on the sprout.. this way you won't get a messy bottle cap.
I like this foundation very much. I always wear moisturizer underneath it. so far so good.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Wow, just got this in today and it blew me away! Really feels like a 2nd skin, the formula is very lightweight and thin, but still has excellent medium coverage! With a light layer of their voile universal over it, my skin was clear and radiant, it gives you that glow. Chanel you have done it again! Btw, B40 Desert Beige matches my Mac NC35, Chanel Beige intensity 2, Hourglass #4 skin perfectly.

This is my HG foundation. I have pretty good skin as a base but this foundation seriously makes my skin look flawless. The texture is nice and smooth. It is scented but I really enjoy the way it smells. The color selection is alright. I am now using the lightest shade, BR10, and hope that it doesn't get too dark as winter drags on. I wish there were lighter shades and darker shades too.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Again, another foundation that I had to buy :) Chanel, you blow me away with your foundations, even though more times than not, you are very expensive. This little lovely goes on like a dream. My skin looks alive and there is quite a bit of coverage. My gripe is the same as always with Chanel foundations - not enough colours. I bought B20 which I am hoping to get away with in the winter, because their lightest is way toooooo pink.
I generally use my fingers, but when I have time I use a stipling brush and my skin looks flawless.

I'm one of those people that think skin should look like skin. If you think the same way and have relatively good skin then this is a great foundation for you. It applies easily with fingers and is buildable. It does not feel heavy and does not clog pores. It is virtually undetectable (if applied properly) therefore giving you a polished but not overdone look. It will even out your skintone but it will not hide scars (that should always be left to concealer anyway). This foundation is long lasting and does not slip/slide. My skin doesn't get very oily with this foundation (even in hot summer temperatures) which is great. I even find it a little drying on the skin. If your skin is dry, it will definitely highlight all the little dry patches so make sure skin is well moisturized. I like the compact, plastic packaging which makes it easily transportable, but I think I would have preferred a see-through bottle so I can see how much product is left. They have a limited selection of colours so colour matching can be a bit of a problem. All in all, I think this is a great foundation and would highly recommend it.

I had heard such great buzz about this product on Youtube and random websites for months so I finally decided to cave in and get it. I will admit at first I wasn't blown away but decided to withhold my judgement until I had applied it several different ways. I have combination dry skin so I was worried about how it would apply. I didn't like the way it looked applied with fingers, beauty blender sponge or a regular foundation brush but once I used it with just a flat top brush I fell in love. (The brush isn't anything special). I love how blendable and light this foundation is. You would think being as light as it is you wouldn't really get a good amount of coverage but I've found that it tends to be light/medium coverage. I would definitely say that I have found my HG foundation. I love this foundation. Except I wish it had a pump other than that it's brilliant.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This foundation has been a real surprise to me, I always used Vitalumiere as I liked the dewy finish and how moisturising it was. However the coverage wasn't always that great, particularly on a scar I have on my cheek from surgery I had on a broken blood vessel-the redness would show through and the the sheeny texture would make the slighty uneven texture of the scar more noticeable. I had thought the only alternative would be a matte foundation which I've never liked, having quite dry skin. Vitalumiere Aqua though is matte enough to give much better coverage on my scar, it gives a nice "made up" look (again surprising as it is marketed as a light coverage "second skin" formula) and it really does perfect my skin and make it look kind of glowy! In spite of being a more matte finish my skin still looks and feels moisturised and the coverage is perfect, not too sheer but not mask like and heavy. I have used for several weeks now and highly recommend.
EDIT: After reading another reviewer saying she believed Chanel had changed some shades, I thought I'd add that this does seem to be the case. Having lost any trace of my tan (thanks British winter!) I tried a tester of the next shade down, B30 Beige Sable and, finding this OK I then ordered a full size one from Debenhams. When it arrived I was puzzled to find it was numbered as just 30 (no B) and the colour was simply Beige (no Sable) and when I compared it to the product in my tester sachet it is a slightly darker colour. According to the Chanel website this isn't even a shade they offer, they list B shades, BR shades and 1 BO shade. If I hadn't purchased from a legitimate stockist I would have wondered whether it was fake but Debenhams are an authorised high street department store with Chanel counters-and other than the shade it seems fine, even with the Chanel signature fragrance and a good finish.