Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

3.9

Active ingredients: Octinoxate 6% Titanium dioxide 5.6% Inactive ingredients: Aqua, Methyl Trimethicone, Alcohol, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Isododecane, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate PEG-10 Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Alumina, Aluminum hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Magnesium sulfate, Parfum, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Water, Methylparaben, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dipropylene glycol, Polyurethane, BHT, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Tocopherol, Propylparaben, Ultramarines, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77891, Mica

on 10/4/2011 5:56:00 PM

i first got this foundation about a 2 months ago at first i didnt see anything speical about it but after about 3 days i was in love i paid 38 euro .it was my first chanel foundation and i am so excited to try more .i use my hands to apply it which i find works best .i love the packaging its so travel friendly .i have dry/normal skin i mostly get dry patchs around my nose which i do find this foundation catchs in but not enough that i wouldnt wear it .it lasts around 8 hours still loooking nice

This, is the beat foundation I've used. I LOVED my Laura Mercier Silk one, and thought nothing could beat that. But this foundation did. Its a little pricy but totally worth it. Rapid and easy application.Its soft and evanescent ultra-fine fluid texture is a real surprise. Although it is exceptionally delicate and light, an incomparable “second-skin” perfecting result is achieved. The complexion appears amazingly even, fresh and energized. The skin glows with seemingly nude beauty. As if glowing from within. Bathed in light…

Its formula, endowed with a UVB sun filter and mineral sunscreen, protects the skin from damaging sun rays (SPF 15). Its crystalline fragrance accentuates the sensation of freshness and pleasure on application. I LOVE This!

This is my HG foundation. I have combination skin and a few dark spots. This covers them nicely but still looks natural. It does not settle into pores either. I got color matched at a Chanel counter and my color (B50) is sooooo perfect. I do still get a little oily in my T-zone, so I just set with a little powder. If i had to pick one foundation for the rest of my life, it would be this one!!!! Its expensive but soooo worth it.

I bought this yesterday and I am overwhelmed with the results already! My skin is combination so I have both oily and dry parts. When I wore it yesterday for the first time I could not believe how it "neutralised" my skin: it left it hydrated but not oily. Perfect! My partner commented on how "glowy" my skin was. I am quite pale (almost like a translucent complexion which I find difficult to match with products), and the shade just melted into my colouring (I bought the colour Biege Pastel). I could not detect the product at all, yet I felt my skin was so much more even. I would describe it as a product for someone who wants to look like themselves, only better! That's how I felt. Over the years I've moved away from heavy coverage into embracing what I actually have and allowing my skin to show through. Yes, it is pricey, so if you are concerned about whether it is right, do try a test pot first to make sure it's not going to leave you disappointed.

on 9/28/2011 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I read some reviews and was very curious about it. I tried this product on left half of my face. I did some errands and went to home after 3 hours. It disappeared from my skin just after 3 HOURS! Gone gone far away gone:) I took a close look as much as possible under the day light but there was no evidence of Vitalumiere Aqua. My left side was exactly the same with my right side. This such an over hyped product. Test it before buying.

on 9/27/2011 11:49:00 PM

This is hands-down the best foundation I've used. It's good on my dry skin, but it doesn't have that horrible "dewy" (aka greasy) finish a lot of dry skin foundations seem to have. It doesn't look like I have makeup on. Also, it sets really quickly and doesn't need powder.

The only weird thing I've noticed is the color selection. I don't know if this is a common thing with high-end makeup, but they only make Chanel foundation for white people. It seems kind of racist, and this would definitely offend me if I had darker skin.

I've never owned foundation before, but if I had to imagine what I would like a foundation to be, this would be it. Not heavy coverage, doesn't really look like you're wearing anything, but a really natural and beautiful matte finish that I don't even need to powder over; I do just in the T-zone as a preventative measure. I don't find it makes my skin oilier than my skin would have been otherwise, and good to take pictures with.

on 9/27/2011 4:28:00 PM

This is an OK foundation. It has nice coverage.. not enough to cover all my acne scarring, but it does cover a lot. It has a dewey finish but after about 4 hours starts to look greasy and I usually dont have any problems with oil but when i wear this i do need to re-powder throughout the day. Overall decent foundation, but not work the $45.

on 9/27/2011 4:24:00 PM

I love this foundation, although i don`t like so water in him ;)
it`s light coverage and i think it`s good on my skin
i would like more colors,i`m B10 and sometimes it seems darker on face comparing to neck ,will see in future what i really think about VLA :) so far so good!

on 9/27/2011 7:12:00 AM

I really wanted to love this foundation, because the colour match was THE BEST I have ever had. I can wear both nw25 and nc25 and this in B40 Beige matched seamlessly with my neck. I loved how it applied too. However, for me, it has slightly too little coverage, and although the glow was beautiful to start with, after 2 hours, I just looked like a face painted with oil, and I usually only get a slightly oily t-zone at the end of the day. Adding any powder over this caused it to look very cakey around and over my nose. Not for me I am afraid.