Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

3.9

Active ingredients: Octinoxate 6% Titanium dioxide 5.6% Inactive ingredients: Aqua, Methyl Trimethicone, Alcohol, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Isododecane, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate PEG-10 Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Alumina, Aluminum hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Magnesium sulfate, Parfum, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Water, Methylparaben, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dipropylene glycol, Polyurethane, BHT, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Tocopherol, Propylparaben, Ultramarines, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77891, Mica

on 11/5/2011 9:48:00 PM

Since I started using makeup, Chanel has been my to go foundation and my favorite was Teint Innocence but it got discontinued so I got recommended Vitalumiere Aqua, and to be honest I'm not crazy about it. I don't think it's good for oily skin, and it's sheer on blemishes. I'm just waiting to finish it so I can find a better foundation. No I won't be buying it again.

on 11/3/2011 8:17:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

It's an okay 'foundation'. It doesnt give hardly any coverage at all, which i knew already, but i at least expected it to give my face a 'second layer of skin' but it really didnt do much, it was like a moisturizer for me! it sucks because i paid 395 HKD for this. i live in england, and its 31 GPB. Maybe i'm not using enough? i use my fingers to blend. after a few weeks of using this i went back to my revlon colorstay!

on 11/2/2011 3:54:00 PM

So I am kinda torn between loving and hating this foundation. I was between buying this foundation and the Laura Mercier tinted foundation which I hear is pretty similar in coverage. I am not the type of woman to look like I am wearing full coverage foundation so this was deffinetly a good choice.
It has a 15spf which is good if you like that sort of thing, i personally prefer low spf since I do like to use this for pictures and out at night and prefer not to look like casper. Besides, I think the average person now has an spf already in their moisturizer that they would put on beforehand so there really is no need for more imo. Like others have said it is VERY watery, i actually had not even felt it before I got home since I had it tested on me by the makeup artist. You must shake it also pretty intensly and remember to just put your finger over the spout rather than shake it up while the cap is on. If you shake it while the cap is still on it will spill out as soon as you open the bottle and it will be a mess. I have personally not had any problems with breakouts but I only wear this on weekends so that could be why. And as far as sticking to dry patches due to alcohol and the formulation I have had not had any problems, but I always scrub and moisturize before i apply and have combination oily skin. Overall i like this formulation but for the price i would probably buy the laura mercier next time since it is much more product for the same price and i havent been so wowed by this. Also Chanel should realy step up their game in the packaging. Plastic and no pump? really? this is chanel not maybelline. I would at least exepect the packaging to be on par with some of the other higher end brands.
BTW I applied this with my fingers and it did blend very easily but next time I will try it with a sponge just to see if the coverage is a bit heavier for some on my moles or scars.

on 11/2/2011 10:08:00 AM

I've waited a few weeks to review this foundation and I really really like it. It's light and evens out my complexion nicely. Feels really good on the skin. Not sure what color I have but got a very good match. I use it with the recommended primer from Chanel and am pleased.

on 10/30/2011 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my first Chanel foundation. I like the texture, it's light and blends nicely into my skin, giving the illusions of not wearing any foundation at all. However, after few hours it does tend to get a bit cakey, which is not really visible unless you zoom into your skin. The coverage is really light, so you have to have a pretty good skin to begin with. I really like the packaging, it's simple and convenient. All other fancy bottles I'd owned before were broken due to intensive traveling, this one is really easy to throw into your luggage and not be worried. The perfume smell is okay and not something unpleasant, I am slightly worried about breaking out which seems to happen to many people.I've been using this for a week and so far it's doing good. I'll update if anything happens.
EDIT: Bought a new one, since I ran out of my foundation and didn't really have time to go swatch some new ones. I absolutely love it this time. It last whole day on me now and gives medium coverage. Upgrading to 5 stars now.

on 10/30/2011 8:39:00 PM

Just switched from the Matte Lumiere to the Aqua. I absolutely love this foundation, very light but still has great coverage. I do disagree with a prior statement about it not being good for dry skin. This is a water based foundation, which will give more moisture to your skin than others. I have very dry skin and apply a moisturizer, then the primer and the foundation and haven't had any problem with dryness.

the first few times I applied this foundation I was a bit "meh"...wasn't sure what all the hype was about. However, a week or so into using it and I now love it...it makes my skin look flawless but it's lightweight enough that it's not obvious I'm wearing foundation. I do wish it was a bit more moisturizing...as my skin is normal to dry (it's less moisturizing than Bobbi Brown's skin foundation so hence the 4 lippies). I use a good moisturizer beforehand which helps the foundation go on smooth and flake-free. The regular vitlumiere foundation is more moisturizing I believe but not as lightweight as the vitalumiere aqua... I prefer lightweight foundations since they look more natural. This foundation may not work for those with really dry skin. Fingers crossed it holds up during the winter months! I'm super-fair and the B10 shade is a perfect match.

on 10/25/2011 6:23:00 PM

Absolutely love this stuff. I've got medium to tanned combination oily t-zone skin and I don't need too much coverage. I'm a
MAC: NC 30-35 (a tad yellow for me)
Nars SG: Barcelona (not as yellow but still a little bit) so when I decided to give this foundation a try I was among this three:
VA B40
VA BA40
VA B50
I did not consider BR40 because I have warm to golden undertone, and this one is definetely too pinky.
BA40 was too dark, good for closer months to summer, but not during next months, B50 was almost perfect but after a couple of hours it oxidized in a darker way and I found it kind of yellowish. Then I finally tried B40 and I fell in love. In the beginning I thought it was a bit light, but when I put on my laguna bronzer and a touch of blush I saw it: yeah man, this is the perfect match!
It looks beautiful. Velvety satin finish but definitely glowy not dewy though.
Yes, it is like a second skin, and I don't find my t-zone look oily even after 10 hours. It feels like you have nothing on your skin and I did not had breakouts either.
It's expensive, yes, but its worth the price, however, I don't like the plastic bottle, it seems to be a cheap product! Even though, it's really useful if you travel a lot.
Anyway, I think this is a great foundation, at least the best I've found after trying Nars, Mac, MUFE, Estee Lauder, Dior...if you're looking for a medium to light coverage and a natural satin finish, if not, you'll need much product or you'll find it a little matte.

on 10/25/2011 10:53:00 AM

I had shades B20 and B10.

Pros:
-lightweight
-dosnt clog pores
-dewy finish
-easy to apply

Cons:
-sometimes emphasizes dryness around nose
-doesn't work well with all creams, with some it just doesnt sink in (even if I wait ~15 min. after cream application). Doesn't work well with Bioderma pore refiner.
-sometimes it just flows away from my skin
-alcohon in the ingredients list
-oxidizes a little bit

on 10/23/2011 6:52:00 PM

Far from resulting in a 'natural' look (as marketed by Chanel), this product instead tended to sit on top of the skin thereby creating an unwanted, definitively 'made-up' look. To make matters worse, there was also some product separation, which led to product sitting in and emphasising pores. So all in all, not a good look!

Disappointing from Chanel, from whom you can usually expect better results on the foundation front.