Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

3.8

Aqua/Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG, PPG 10, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Talc, Silica Silylate, Sodium PCA, C12 15 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Stearate, Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Acrylates, C12 22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Bis PEG, PPG 14, 14 Dimethicone, Laureth 7, Lecithin, Tribehenin, Amodimethicone, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Trihydroxystearin, Dimethiconol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Parfum (Fragrance), Xanthan Gum, Propylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Carbonate, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Laureth 4, Sodium Sulfate, BHT, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methlyproprional, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Geranoil, Alpha Isomethyl, Ionone, Citronellol, May Contain (+/-):, Titanium Dioxide Cl 77891, Iron Oxides ( CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) (Feburary 2015, glass bottle with red cap ingredients) - titanium dioxide, octinoxate, water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, cetylpeg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, talc, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium pca, silica silylate, C12 15 Alkyl ethylhexanoate, magnesium sulfate, zinc stearate, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, acrylates/C12-22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, BisPEG/PPG-14/14 dimethicone, amodimethicone, laureth 7, lecithin, tribehenin, disteardimonium hectorite, phenoxyethanol, trihydroxystearin, chlorphenesin, dimethiconol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, xanthan gum, fragrance, pentylene glycol, tocopheryl acetate, propylene carbonate, hydroxyethyl cellulose, glycerin, citric acid, fructose, sodium hydroxide, urea, laureth-4, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, butylphenyl methlyproprional, allantoin, maltose, sodium chloride, sodium lactate, sodium sulfate, trehalose, benzyl salicylate, linalool, geraniol, bht, citronellol, alpha-isomethyl ionone, glucose, sodium hyaluronate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, iron oxides

on 7/28/2011 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I picked this up instead of my usual L'Oreal Infallible foundation. At CVS, Infallible was around $16 and this was around $7, so I figured I'd try it.
For a drugstore foundation, I found this to be extremely long-wearing. More so than Infallible. This stuff really stays on! However, there are a few problems with it. For one, the color selection I found to be rather limited. The lightest shade, called Ivory I think, was a tad to dark for me :( although, this foundation is very thick and kind of hard to apply. It will give you good coverage, for sure, but at the same time it can look unatural or overdone.
However, because its fairly cheap, I'd recommend trying it out! Even when I don't use it all over, I still can spot apply it on blemishes that are hard to cover. I don't know if I will repurchase as soon as I run out, but I might keep a bottle around!

on 7/25/2011 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love this foundation. I actually switched from Armani Luminous Silk to this and I'm so glad I did. (I thought Armani might be causing breakouts so I was looking for a cheap alternative to see if my skin cleared up and sure enough it did). The coverage is adjustable - I apply less to my fingers or more depending, but either way it does a fantastic job covering redness and they have some nice yellow-based shades. I get the best application by applying with my fingers and then using a tissue to 'press' the foundation into my skin - that may help some people who think that it gets a little cakey.

I would never leave foundation on for 25 hours. That being said, this is my HG foundation. I keep attempting to try high end foundations thinking that I will find something better and I end up returning them and coming back to this. I LOVE the fact that there is no sunscreen in this, great for photos or a night out. No breakouts or skin irritation and covers redness well.

Color selection is limited but I think I've found a good match with True Ivory 100, which isn't exactly ivory at all. I'm around NC 20/25 and this seems to blend well with my skin tone. I exfoliate and use a primer or serum before applying and have the best results with a damp sponge or fingers. I don't wear foundation everyday, but this seems to be adjustable enough for full coverage night out looks or natural looking daytime makeup.

PROS:
satin matte finish, looks natural not shiny/luminious/overly matte
cheap, easy to find
comes in a tube
provides medium coverage but can easily build up to full coverage without looking cakey.
compared to Colorstay,it doesn't set/dry as fast so you have more time to blend or add more coverage.

CONS:
limited colour range
may not be matte enough for people with oily skin

on 7/21/2011 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased Rimmel 16 Hour Lasting Fininsh foundation in the Soft Beige color shade for my NC30 skintone. The color match was the only good thing I found about the foundation. After application it felt greasy and heavy on my skin. It also accencuated all the dry patches on my face making it appear that I had a bad sunburn peel. I felt like I was wearing a mask. Not a good choice for mature oily/combo skin

on 7/18/2011 11:16:00 PM

My skin type dry. Color was always yellow based ivory .Very hard to find the perfect color and coverage for this skin color. I spent the las ten years trying to find a replacement for my loreal makeup that was discontinued and replaced with very dark yellow tones by Loreal making it impossible for me to find a replacement . Makeup with good coverage of red tones flushing through that is neither to pink or too yellow was impossible (think German decent freckles and red cheeks).. The smoothness of this Makeup , the coverage, the built in primer , the way it covers without settling in my fine lines. FANTASTIC. THIS IS THE ONLY TIME I HAVE EVER WRITTEN A REVIEW IN MY LIFE . AROUND $ 6 AT WALMART. AWESOME. NEVER HAVE I HAD SO MANY COMPLIMENTS ( oh your skin looks so smooth and much younger did you have work done etc, you should buy all that in that color (True Ivory 103) etc
. BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT SO WORTH IT. I was able to throw out all my moisturizers and powders. A veritable fortune over the years searching for something that dindn't burn my eyes and cake when built up.THANK YOU RIMMEL. THROWING OUT MY COVERGIRL/OLAY PRIMER AND LOREAL INFALLIBLE ALL SO EXPENSIVE, $30 total for them both compared to $6. Look out RIMMEL I will be stalking your shelves for future products for the new loves of my life. Lol. : D

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Not my favorite :/ the coverage is great, but the foundation is so thick and heavy I don't like the look and feel on my face.
I got it a shade too light, so I'll give it one more try in a better-fitting shade.
Other than that, I wouldn't repurchase.

on 7/16/2011 5:24:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

I really love this, its my HG drugstore foundation. Like almost all the comments, this foundation lasts throughout the day. My friend used this on my face before we went clubbing because I told her about my issue of not being able to find the right foundation for my oily skin. I was kind of unsure at first, but this worked like a charm. It's easy to blend into your face and doesn't feel too heavy. Coverage is medium to heavy depending on how many layers you apply but I just need one layer for a natural look. I doubt it lasts the full 25hrs, but after 10 hours, my face still looked fresh with the help of a little powder. The next day I had to go get this, and at SDM it was on sale for $5, which is super cheap for a good foundation. I totally recommend this if you have oily skin and want long lasting medium coverage.

on 7/14/2011 4:05:00 PM

UPDATE: I like to apply this now with a sponge. I bet the beauty blender would be perfect with it. It was a little too thick with a brush and looked terrible with fingers. So the sponge wins!

This is my go-to drugstore brand foundation for the winter time. It's far to heavy for summer. It has really good coverage when applied with a brush. Actually now that I think about it, I hated this stuff until I applied it with a brush... it is very thick so it isn't easy to blend with fingers or pads. But a brush really makes it work for me. Try that. I don't even have to use concealer with this stuff. I didn't notice any oxidization on me. I do have oily skin and I def. powdered once throughout the day, and it seemed to stay quite well. If I don't want a full face of makeup sometimes I will mix with lotion and apply and use this for concealer. When using for concealer, use a concealer brush to apply. A light dusting of powder over it, some nice bronzer to contour, and a kiss of peach blush = perfect looking skin that lasts all day!

on 7/14/2011 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

The color was good (#300) but the product was not right for me. I am combination (oily t-zone). After wearing this for about 4 hours my skin was very oily and shiny. I immediately felt the need to go hoem and wash it off! Perhaps this may be better suited for someone with dry or normal skin. I also developed some pimples the next mornign after wearing this, so acne sufferers use caution.

I really wanted to love this product because of all the good reviews out there on youtube, but I just can't. It was way too heavy for me. It oxidised as well after only a few hours of wear. It made me look weird in photographs....