August 22, 2014 | 1750 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2011 3:50:00 PM More reviews by teenicesk8r

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a Makeup Junkie starting at a young age. I watch a bunch of reviews about all different kinds of foundation and I have to say ( I make my mom try all the foundations I want to buy ) this is a pretty darn good one for a drugstore foundation. I know Revlon Colorstay is all the hype, but I like this one MUCH better. Doesn't cake, smear, OR irritate. Gives a very natural look when blended well. This is not a HG but I will be definitely be repurchasing.
Not a big fan of the packaging, cap gets some foundation on it, which I'm not a big fan of.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2011 4:11:00 AM More reviews by skychocolate

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

great coverage BUT CAKEY
dried me out eventhough i have oily skin
yellowwwwwwwwwww
cheap
too thick

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2011 11:42:00 PM More reviews by bluest1199

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a really good foundation. It's a really thick liquid and almost feels like a cream. It provides medium to high coverage. I have dry skin and this keeps my skin hydrated. I dries to a satin finish. I really love this foundation, but my biggest problem is that the shade selection is horrible. I have this in the lightest shade ( #100 Ivory) and it's like three shades too dark! I've tried to work with it becUse I really like it but it's just too dark. I would love it if Rimmel could actually have a decent shade selection.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2011 1:02:00 PM More reviews by eligagalove

Okay, I have oily skin and I have trouble finding foundations that keep my face matte. I have tried Revlon Colorstay but I found it to be to cakey and difficult to blend, at least in my case. Now, Rimmel's foundation feels light on my skin. It moustorizes the patchy sections on my face, like around my nose and chin. It is very easy to blend. I, personally, use my fingers beacuse the warmth of my fingers seem to make the blending process much easier. Also, I love the coverage of this foundation. I have acne scaring and I double up with this foundation to conceal the spots that are still visible. I get alot of compliments on my skin. People tell me your skin is so beautiful, but if they only knew how it really looked. This foundation really does work. It seems to work on all skin types. However, if you are looking for a foundation that gives you a dewy finish, then this foundation isn't really for you. I would totally buy this again and will keep repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2011 12:19:00 AM More reviews by RNkids

Color 200 soft beige excellent choice for medium light skin. I use a foundation brush [Target] for even application. Feel is lightweight; moderately hydrating; lasts until I remove it. I blot the T zone area once in the day. I use Dior Forever and tried this Rimmel and was surprised by the cost difference b/c the feel/texture/wear was very similar for me. Squeeze tube is preferred for sanitation purposes.I would definitely by this again!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2011 7:44:00 PM More reviews by KT25

I would say I like this product. I'm asian with combination oily, light/med skin tone, and I got the shade 200, and it a tiny bit light for me but after powder set and contour it look fine. I think I will go get another one in shade 201 just to see if it perfect.
This does not give you a matte finish. It's in between dewy n matte I think, which I like. Does not give a mask like like Revlon color stay does.
Color selection is limited from Light to Tan skin only. So it a downfall there.
Staying power I say almost 10hr but no more.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2011 6:16:00 PM More reviews by sarahlen

Pro's
- long lasting (definitely not 25hrs that is ridiculous but much longer than most foundations)
- great coverage - this is definitely a fuller coverage foundation
-nice tone - these are definitely warmer foundations where i find that most drugstore foundations are cool and ashy
- doesn't clog pores or lead to breakouts
- is reasonably priced

cons
- colour selection - i bought the lightest colour and it is no where near light enough for my skin and I'm not incredibly pale I'm just fairish! (BE fairly light is perfect on me)
- no kind of luminosity or light reflection - too matte in my opinion
- hard to only get a little bit out of the tube always pours out

overall this is great except i wish it came in a lighter colour , i now mix this with foundation that is too light for me to get it to match

UPDATE: way way to dark and also feels very heavy and goopy/sticky and takes way to long to dry , Estee lauder DW way better

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2011 2:01:00 PM More reviews by danimari

this is my fav foundation right now. it gives great coverage, i find that applying with my fingers is the best way. the price is also great i think i paid 7.99cnd. i dont mind the packaging, the tube is better than other foundations that come in bottles with no pump. great buy, definetly will repurchase

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2011 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I just got this but the color's off on me. It matched perfectly in the store but in sunlight it's slightly a tan-pink (if that makes sense). I'm just so sad that drug store foundations are either pink or orange. I have yellow undertones and everything looks so wrong on me. The only brand, I've discovered, that doesn't do this as bad is CoverGirl.

1/22/12 Update: Did they reformulate this? It seems thinner, yet the coverage is better, and the colors are more natural. I re-bought this in 100 and it matches my skin to a T. Typically with foundations my face is pink and my neck is a pale yellow. This did not do that. Of course I had to use concealer with this but I was looking for a light weight and light coverage foundations (just wanted to cover up redness & some large pores). This did better than I expected. I work it to work twice and it did not transfer onto a white coat I was wearing nor did it melt off. The only time it did come off was when I was sweating and I went to pat my face with a tissue (still barely any came off). This lasted all day and left me looking fabulous by the end of it. I almost looked as good as when I first applied this. Also this is a hard product to get to look cakey! Most, if not all, drugstore foundations cake on me and this didn't. You really have to layer it on to get it to do that. Over all I'd truly recommend this to women who are at least an NC/NW20 or darker. Lighter than that and this make-up will be too dark. If Rimmel could come out with lighter colors to this foundation, then I'd say it could be a HG item for all.

2/29/12 update: I have since stopped using this. I kept it a 3 'cause I know others could use this as it is nice but doesn't work for me. I am very acne prone and I started breaking out. Not only that but the color was a bit darker and in the pink range. I think I look stupid with make-up that doesn't match. I've since moved on to other foundations.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2011 2:56:00 AM More reviews by sweetshiningstar

I'm sure that this product does work for others. However, this product is NOT "lasting" on my skin.

Most drug store foundations I have problems with in areas of coverage, finish, and in finding a good color match. I don't blame companies for these products.

However, as soon as I put on Rimmel's Lasting Finish foundation, I could see that it did not blend well on my nose. When I first applied it, it did not seem to blend well with my skin at all. I did wear this foundation out, because though it initially doesn't blend well (sort of streaky, even with fingers), it does give a full coverage finish after you figure out how to apply it.

The downfall is that this is the first foundation I can actually say "sits on top of my skin." It rubbed off of my nose before 4 hours, and I had to run home in the middle of my dinner break from work and take it off and put something else on. I could see cracks in my foundation next to my nose and on my forehead between my eyebrows.

I know others love this foundation, but it just does not work with my skin (with and without a primer).