September 19, 2014 | 1679 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2011 11:57:00 PM More reviews by mh357

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I always say I think I've found an HG foundation, but the truth is I'm a foundation addict and I love trying new ones. So, even though I say this is HG for me, I know I'll be trying something else sooner or later. BUT, it's definitely HG worthy!!! I'm a h/e snob...or have been in the past, but now I'm branching out to see what great things I can get at drugstores. I have found some total winners, including some Rimmel l/s, e/s, WnW e/s, etc.

I tried this based on all the great reviews, and I was definitely not disappointed. It stays on all day, through work and sweaty work-outs, and has not oxidized on me (yet). It hasn't broken me out either.

I apply with my fingers because it's very very thick, and easier to blend. When I first applied it I was nervous because it's so thick, I thought for sure my face was going to be a thick pancake...but it's not heavy at all. I have dry patches on my forehead and it doesn't accentuate them or settle into wrinkles. Definitely not drying or cakey at all, either. I have redness on my cheeks that it takes away instantly. For reference I'm NC25 and I chose the lightest color which is perfect for me.

I set this with my new favorite powder, NYC setting powder in translucent, dust a tiny bit of blush on and I'm good to go. No touchups needed for the entire day!

The price rocks, and i think it beats some of my uber expensive foundations any day! Will keep rebuying, because the price is right, it works, and makes my skin look great.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2011 10:05:00 PM More reviews by brittanygirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using Maybelline Superstay everyday and this product on some days where I don't have much to do, but like on errand or something. It does last along time on me and the coverage is really good. It covers my acne and rosacea, it doesn't break me out. I'm an NC20 and got True Ivory. I definitely recommend it. It's good for dry skins.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2011 9:22:00 PM More reviews by trinkket

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Wow, I think I've finally found my hg foundation! I've been using Colorstay for years, but had to blend the two lightest shades to match my complexion. Even then I was never completely happy with the mask-y look or the feel, I just couldn't wait to get it off at the end of the day. What's the point of a long lasting foundation if you can't stand the way it feels?

I was reluctant to try this product, until I read the reviews here...the lightest shade really looks way too dark in the tube, but when applied is the closest to perfect I could expect, especially for the price! So if you're on the fence about the shading, give it a try.

The packaging could be better, but if you store it cap side up, there's less waste.

Definitely will buy again!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2011 2:44:00 AM More reviews by BLUSHlNG

I can't believe how good this is and I own many foundations from He to drugstore. If you have a problem with the colors being too dark...they aren't it just looks that way. When you put it on it looks so beautiful.Covers so well too. It keeps my oil in check but never dries me out. It feels luxurious on my face.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2011 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Chargergirl

I love this foundation! I have it in the two lightest shades, one for summer and one for winter, and it's amazing! great full coverage, great staying power. The only complaint would be that it takes a really long time to dry, I find it is still wet, and hour after applying it. But it doesn't get blotchy or run. I use this foundation and revlon colorstay right now, and they are pretty much neck and neck, revlon wins for being ultra matte, but I would recommend this foundation to anyone.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2011 9:14:00 PM More reviews by seaswan

I tried this last summer. I was looking for something to use that had more coverage than the foundation I was using at the time and that would stay put in hot weather.
The colors were limited. I chose #200 Soft beige the best for my skin tone, which was slightly tanned at the time, so I would say I was med/olive.

The first thing I noticed was the strong scent. (very sweet grapefruit with a hint of glue) Which lasted quite a while, the next thing was that it remained sticky to the touch...which lasted quite a while. Too long in fact. This would not do in hot and humid weather. I gave it many chances. It stayed moist and I tossed it aside...until recently.

I still had the tube and my now dry, winter skin needed help. I tried it again, scent still there, but the finish was not sticky in fact It sunk into my skin and felt great! The medium coverage lasts. (not sure about 24 hours thought) and doesn't look cakey later in the day. Lasting Finish is looking good on my dry skin.! I'm just trying to get past the scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2011 3:50:00 PM More reviews by teenicesk8r

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a Makeup Junkie starting at a young age. I watch a bunch of reviews about all different kinds of foundation and I have to say ( I make my mom try all the foundations I want to buy ) this is a pretty darn good one for a drugstore foundation. I know Revlon Colorstay is all the hype, but I like this one MUCH better. Doesn't cake, smear, OR irritate. Gives a very natural look when blended well. This is not a HG but I will be definitely be repurchasing.
Not a big fan of the packaging, cap gets some foundation on it, which I'm not a big fan of.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2011 4:11:00 AM More reviews by skychocolate

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

great coverage BUT CAKEY
dried me out eventhough i have oily skin
yellowwwwwwwwwww
cheap
too thick

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2011 11:42:00 PM More reviews by bluest1199

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a really good foundation. It's a really thick liquid and almost feels like a cream. It provides medium to high coverage. I have dry skin and this keeps my skin hydrated. I dries to a satin finish. I really love this foundation, but my biggest problem is that the shade selection is horrible. I have this in the lightest shade ( #100 Ivory) and it's like three shades too dark! I've tried to work with it becUse I really like it but it's just too dark. I would love it if Rimmel could actually have a decent shade selection.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2011 1:02:00 PM More reviews by eligagalove

Okay, I have oily skin and I have trouble finding foundations that keep my face matte. I have tried Revlon Colorstay but I found it to be to cakey and difficult to blend, at least in my case. Now, Rimmel's foundation feels light on my skin. It moustorizes the patchy sections on my face, like around my nose and chin. It is very easy to blend. I, personally, use my fingers beacuse the warmth of my fingers seem to make the blending process much easier. Also, I love the coverage of this foundation. I have acne scaring and I double up with this foundation to conceal the spots that are still visible. I get alot of compliments on my skin. People tell me your skin is so beautiful, but if they only knew how it really looked. This foundation really does work. It seems to work on all skin types. However, if you are looking for a foundation that gives you a dewy finish, then this foundation isn't really for you. I would totally buy this again and will keep repurchasing.