October 31, 2014 | 809 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2011 4:45:00 PM More reviews by chikababy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation. I haven't had a lot of experience with foundations but this is quite nice for the winter season if you have dry skin. It's very creamy and very opaque. The finish isn't completely matte but it's not dewy either. This is definitely full coverage. I'm NC20 for reference and I used 103 True Ivory. It's a bit on the pink side but quite neutral compared to many other drugstore foundation (which is often too pink/beige if you're of Asian descent). I also found it a bit difficult to blend because of that; I apply with a foundation brush but blend with my fingers. It does stay on better than other foundations I've tried which makes it slightly harder to remove. It comes in a squeeze bottle which is nice and sanitary. A little goes a long way-- not that it matters. I bought it for 6CAD on sale! I might buy it again just for its price and product, although I am hoping for something more yellow undertoned. I will update if it causes my skin to break out.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2011 12:43:00 PM More reviews by kyphie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Whoa! The texture of this took some getting used to for me. It's very thick and does not spead as easily as some foundations I have used. But, I do feel that the end result is worth it. Leaves a nice, lasting finish that I set with a little bit of powder. I could see this product being a little bit oily for some people though. I have very dry skin and even on me it can feel a little slick a few hours into my day. It's a nice, inexpensive foundation but I don't see myself repurchasing when I use my tube. As far as rimmel foundations go I prefer the renew and lift.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2011 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Sinjin1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love to mix this foundation with moisturizer for a light and dewy look. It's very buildable when you need a bit more coverage. I liked renew and lift better, but this is good make up for a decent price.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2011 3:08:00 PM More reviews by autumnus88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this foundation! The color selection, not so much. I got the lightest color and it is still too dark (an issue I have with most foundations). It also is a little on the orangey side if not blended extremely well. I still use it, as once it's blended it not quite so dark on me. This foundation doesn't feel at all heavy (like Revlon Colorstay), yet has awesome staying power! I absolutely love the formula, I just wish it came in a wider variety of colors!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2011 11:17:00 PM More reviews by nemiredi3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this foundation. I have never really gotten into liquid foundations but I wanted to try some. This is my favorite so far. It has very nice medium to full coverage and really does a good job of lasting. I have pretty oily acne prone skin and this did good with not making me oily and did not break me out. I use this with the sonia kashuk flat top brush which I really like to apply this but be careful because it can look cakey. All in all I am on my second tube but I am going to try revlon colorstay because I have heard good reviews as well. If that one doesn't work as well I will defiantly come back to this. I really recommend!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2011 12:39:00 PM More reviews by thecolormargaret

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used Rimmel foundation, and this product because they switched the packaging a while ago to say "25 Hour" - who knows why you'd say 25 maybe to be more unique than 24. This foundation is great for those who need a heavy product, and it did the trick covering up my blemished cheeks, However the lightest shade is 100 - which is too dark for me and that is very disappointing to me. If they came out with a perfect match 95 shade I'd repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2011 12:16:00 PM More reviews by judysmath

I'm usually a Colorstay gal, but thought I'd try this when I saw it on sale at CVS., Wow, I'm impressed! The color I chose is perfect (Classic Beige) and is similar to my Colorstay color of True Beige. It's nice and creamy when applied and is easy to blend. I use a foundation stippling brush to apply. I have broken capillaries and a lot of redness and dark spots, but this foundation covers everything without looking like a mask. I set it with Coty Airspun translucent powder and the look is absolute perfection! This less expensive foundation is a keeper and is giving my Colorstay a run for its money. I will definitely repurchase.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2011 11:57:00 PM More reviews by mh357

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I always say I think I've found an HG foundation, but the truth is I'm a foundation addict and I love trying new ones. So, even though I say this is HG for me, I know I'll be trying something else sooner or later. BUT, it's definitely HG worthy!!! I'm a h/e snob...or have been in the past, but now I'm branching out to see what great things I can get at drugstores. I have found some total winners, including some Rimmel l/s, e/s, WnW e/s, etc.

I tried this based on all the great reviews, and I was definitely not disappointed. It stays on all day, through work and sweaty work-outs, and has not oxidized on me (yet). It hasn't broken me out either.

I apply with my fingers because it's very very thick, and easier to blend. When I first applied it I was nervous because it's so thick, I thought for sure my face was going to be a thick pancake...but it's not heavy at all. I have dry patches on my forehead and it doesn't accentuate them or settle into wrinkles. Definitely not drying or cakey at all, either. I have redness on my cheeks that it takes away instantly. For reference I'm NC25 and I chose the lightest color which is perfect for me.

I set this with my new favorite powder, NYC setting powder in translucent, dust a tiny bit of blush on and I'm good to go. No touchups needed for the entire day!

The price rocks, and i think it beats some of my uber expensive foundations any day! Will keep rebuying, because the price is right, it works, and makes my skin look great.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2011 10:05:00 PM More reviews by brittanygirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using Maybelline Superstay everyday and this product on some days where I don't have much to do, but like on errand or something. It does last along time on me and the coverage is really good. It covers my acne and rosacea, it doesn't break me out. I'm an NC20 and got True Ivory. I definitely recommend it. It's good for dry skins.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2011 9:22:00 PM More reviews by trinkket

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Wow, I think I've finally found my hg foundation! I've been using Colorstay for years, but had to blend the two lightest shades to match my complexion. Even then I was never completely happy with the mask-y look or the feel, I just couldn't wait to get it off at the end of the day. What's the point of a long lasting foundation if you can't stand the way it feels?

I was reluctant to try this product, until I read the reviews here...the lightest shade really looks way too dark in the tube, but when applied is the closest to perfect I could expect, especially for the price! So if you're on the fence about the shading, give it a try.

The packaging could be better, but if you store it cap side up, there's less waste.

Definitely will buy again!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No