Cover Girl Professional Super Thick Lash Mascara

Price: $

Price: $

Water , Glyceryl Stearate , Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer , Disteardimonium Hectorite , Propylene Glycol , Stearic Acid , Copernicia Cerifera Wax Carnauba , Triethanolamine , Acrylates Copolymer , Synthetic Wax , Polyvinyl Alcohol , Lecithin , Propylene Carbonate , Oleic Acid , Alcohol Denat , Xanthan Gum , Benzyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Trisodium EDTA , Methylparaben , Glycerin , Panthenol , Ethylparaben , Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Simethicone , Propylparaben , Iron Oxides , Ultramarines May Contain , Titanium Dioxide May Contain

on 12/20/2003 4:47:00 AM

I usually use Maybelline and L'Oreal mascaras and had not tried a Cover Girl mascara in years. I decided to give it a whirl, as I remember Super Thick Lash as being quite good. Did they change the formula? This product still washes away easily with soap and water, but the formula is very clumpy and dry, and got even clumpier and drier after only a week or two of use. The brush is also large and unwieldy. I liked its great washability and the cheerful red tube (a nice change from black, navy blue, and silver) which is why I'm awarding it two lipsticks instead of one. Maybe I'll repurchase in five years or so -- perhaps the formula will have changed once more, for the better.

on 12/15/2003 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I liked this a lot. In terms of thickening on me, it ranks somewhere between Max Factor 2000 Calorie (naturally gorgeous) and L'Oreal Voluminous (really dramatic, but sometimes in an uber-clumpy fake way).I like this mascara more than either the MF or the L'Oreal though. It's a happy medium---not too natural, not too over-the-top. The black isn't as matte as the MF, nor is it as dark as the L'Oreal (I have Voluminous in Blackest Black). But STL is a glossy black.The tube is red and cost $2.99 at Target. I would definitely repurchase---it's not as fake as Voluminous can be and it's not as natural as the MF looks on me. continued >>

I bought this mascara because I heard raves about this mascara. It's okay, it does lengthen, and thicken but not the extent I want my eyelashes to look. I think this mascara is like the CG multiplying mascara. I'm still on the quest for my HG mascara. I would buy this mascara again though.

on 10/24/2003 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I didn't like this mascara very much. It clumped so badly. So it did give thick lashes but not in the way I hoped. My friends said it was really good so I tried it but I really didn't like it in the end.

on 10/4/2003 3:22:00 AM

I used to have this. I'm very envious of anyone who had good results with it, because it just clumped and clumped and clumped on me. I even asked for tips on how to keep mascara from clumping, but nothing helped. It was just so thick and sticky, my lashes didn't stand a chance. Personally, I hate all of Cover Girls mascaras. I can't get accustomed to the thick clumsy wands (impossible to open sometimes) and huge brushes.

on 10/2/2003 4:32:00 PM

I have very thin, but lonnnnng lashes. I tried this stuff and it made me look like a cupie doll. Super Thick Lashes? My butt! It is clumpy (you have to wipe off the wand before you apply, or you will look in the mirror and scare yourself), and it's not even that THICKENING... I want to return this product to the company because it downright stinks. The mascara in the silver tube with navy/purple writing is the best mascara.. I think it is Full n' Soft? Go with that one. :)

on 10/1/2003 9:34:00 PM

This is my a HG of mine, and I dont say that about many mascaras (I only own 3...two of which are Maybelline Full N Soft in regular and WP). STL is a really great thickening mascara, it makes my eyelashes really stand out. It also doesnt smudge and holds a curl well. My only complaint is that it gets thick really quickly, but its pretty cheap to replace so it doesnt bother me *that* much. Nice stuff in general.

on 10/1/2003 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Nothing special IMO. I've used much better. This dried out after a couple weeks of use and I don't pump my wand either. Didn't make a difference with my lashes at all.

on 9/30/2003 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm giving this product a 5 because of the quality that you get for the price. No, this is not the absolute best mascara that I have ever used, but it is way better than many other much more expensive ones that I've used. This is a pretty thick mascara that gives a dramatic look. It does not flake and clumps only if you over-apply it. I like this much better than Max Factor's 2000 Calorie b/c the MF clumps like crazy on me.

on 9/13/2003 4:35:00 AM

This is my newest discovery! Not only did it thicken my sparse lashes, it lengthened and curled them as well. I was getting sick of curling my lashes and using an eyeliner but with Super Thick Lash, there's no need for curling and lining because it gives my lashes a really bold and dramatic look. My husband even noticed, and he doesn't notice a thing when it comes to makeup. I'll definitely buy this mascara again as it's already become a staple of mine.