November 24, 2014 | 1529 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2011 7:50:00 PM More reviews by ferris1

Holy crap I love this thing!!! I've had the Mia for 24 hours and used it 3 times and each time my skin is softer, smoother and better looking each time. I have black heads on my nose and a recent breakout on my chin and hair line on my forehead. What a difference 3 uses has made! My nose blackheads are substantially smaller and disapper more and more with each use. My breakouts are exfoliating away and no new zits have surfaced. I paid $120 and use Aveeno face cream and the $120 was well worth it. I'd much rather spend the money on the Mia and buy a cheaper drugstore face cream for the results I'm seeing so fast. The replacement brush heads cost $20 and they suggest changing them every 3 months. I decided to first wash my entire face with cleanser to clean off my "first layer" of makeup(i use Cetaphyl or Spectro gel depending on where I am shopping when I need it) then I add a bit of cleanser to the Mia and let it take care of the remaining make up and oil left on my skin after the first wash. I'm hoping that by washing off the makeup first the brushes will last longer. Overall I highly recommend the Mia. It's small, fun to use, relaxing and you see immediate results. I LOVE IT!! I'm considering buying the larger Clarisonic with the body brush and giving by boyfriend the Mia for his face. He recently turned 40 and has become obsessed with not looking old :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2011 1:11:00 PM More reviews by hamdoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

AMAZING PRODUCT! This is the best investment I have ever done for my skin. I had chronic acne for over a year since I had a bad habit of picking my pimples. I was feeling so hopeless since nothing was working for my skin. I decided to buy it during the VIB sale and it was sooo worth it. It heals pimples very quickly and prevents breakouts. I had whiteheads, blackheads and it cleared everything. Also it helps increase absorption of my moisturizer, toners. It there's one product you need to but, it is this one!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2011 8:11:00 AM More reviews by angelbaby111

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Background: I'm 47 with occasional breakouts and large pores on my nose and chin. For those of you who use a Sonicare toothbrush, you'll understand my review exactly. Once you start cleansing with the Mia, your face will never feel clean without it, same as brushing with the Sonicare vs a regular toothbrush.

Results: Pores on nose and chin are barely visable and my skin is soft and most importantly, clean. Its also not as oily during the day. I use it twice a day with Alpha Hydrox foaming cleanser and it works like a charm (regular brush, although mine did come with a brush head for sensitive skin). I have gotten compliments on my skin glowing and its prompted three people I know to purchase one.

Price: Its well worth the money, take the plunge and forget about it. You won't regret it.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2011 10:05:00 PM More reviews by brerobinson21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I received the yellow color as a gift last Christmas, and after having it for a year I figured I can write an honest review on it.

I use this daily. Daily. For a year. That is HUGE for me. I normally get sick of products within a few weeks, and I can't think of any product that has left such a lasting impact on me. I won't pretend that I bought this, used it once, and my face has been magical ever since, but I can tell you that my skin never been softer or healthier since I started using this. I still get breakouts, and I still have blackheads, but I will never stop using this. It's a thousand times better than any exfoliator I've ever used, and doesn't leave your skin red and irritated. My moisturizer goes on a thousand times better than it does when I haven't used my Clarisonic.

Yes, this is expensive. However, it makes your skin ridiculously soft and healthy. Well worth it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2011 7:40:00 PM More reviews by AlohaPandaXOXO

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for two months now and it's radically changed my skin. I bought it with the Sephora Friends and Family discount, which helped save some money but rest assured this is worth the big investment.

I've had less than perfect skin for a long time now, I got my first pimple when I was 9 and have dealt with acne ever since. Once I hit my twenties my skin calmed down a bit, but I'd still have problems with clogged pores, flaky skin, and little bumps that just wouldn't go away. I tried lots and lots of exfoliating cleansers and masks, nothing seemed to help. The Clarisonic has fixed all those problems for me, I use a gentle cleanser with it and my skin has smoothed out completely. Yes, there was an initial purge phase (I use the deep cleansing brush head), but now my skin breaks out far less and any bump I get is easy to extract or heals much quicker. My pores are refined and my skin tone is a lot more even. This product has pretty much fixed all my skin problems and I'm saving a ton of money on products by using this. Product apply better and I'm able to wear foundation and concealer, something I haven't been able to do in a very long time!

The only downside is the initial price, it is a big investment but it's worth saving up for or waiting for a sale like I did. I would however warn that anyone with active, pustular acne might want to avoid this. I could see it irritating the skin a lot. Since my acne was more comedonal and caused by uneven skin sloughing rather than bacteria it's helped clear things out wonderfully. I'm really looking forward to using this and not having to worry about my skincare routine as much as before.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2011 3:20:00 PM More reviews by vlaxerg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

So I have been reading reviews on this product like it's my business. I actually have been late to the clarisonic game since I JUST found out about this product probably 2 weeks ago. (I know, where have I been?)

And I freaked out when I heard how many good things were being said about this product. I went through tons of reviews on here, sephora, ulta, youtube, and decided I had to buy it.

Ever since going to college, my picture perfect never get any acne gorgeous skin has disappeared. I blame the water quality here and probably my poor diet, but I have been devastated by the skin I have had the past 3 years! I had finally had it, I was sooo sick of getting these random pimples that took forever to go away, and I would of course pick at them, so they would turn into scabs and give me horrible scars taking months and months to heal!

I must say, I have only used this product 6 times, (I got it on Thursday, Dec 1) and I only use it at night before I go to bed. I wanted to wait at least a month until giving it a proper review, but HOLY COW I am just too excited to wait.

Like everyone else has said, after the very first time you use it, you notice your skin feels immediately softer, smoother, and you have a glow. I used it with my regular skin care wash, put my after skin care serums on, and saw a difference the day after

It has been just barely a week, so now I am deathly afraid of my skin purging (like many of the other reviews mentioned). My skin looks really good now, I am less oily, and my makeup goes on a lot smoother. I even got a compliment today on how pretty I looked haha

I am crossing my fingers my skin won't purge since I am using Salicylic Acid and Benzoyl Peroxide on my face to combat anything that may come up...and I think it is working. The Clarisonic is supposed to make your creams go deeper and work better so I'm hoping this is the case! Also I am pmsing right now, usually the time i would get flare ups and problem areas would break out. Nothing yet....again crossing my fingers

One last thing, I have leftover scars that i am hoping will fade faster with this product. And I can say for certain that a fresh scar that had just begun the healing process has almost completely healed right now. I am shocked. I figured it would take the month long time to even heal a little bit, but it is so faded that I am ecstatic. There is another sorta fresh one that I will see if it heals faster too, but I have high hopes.

I will update in a few weeks but this has been amazing for my skin so far and I'm in love!!!!

UPDATE 12/12/11
Ok so it has been a few more days and I am still loving it, my skin glows, less oily!
I got my period so this is when I usually would have a lot of pimples and my skin would be annoying...however that isn't the case, I got 2 teeny teeny ones but you can seriously barely even notice, I only can since I'm the kind of person who stares at their skin in the mirror after washing their face inspecting it for 20 minutes
Also, I think the amount of products I was putting on my face is making it dry out a little, I never ever moisturize my face but i have had to the past 4 days, again my skin is probably shedding all the dead skin and getting used to the new instrument i'm using. Also I think my skin is getting dry due to the potency of the benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid since I'm convinced my products are going deeper into my skin now.

I did have some weird bumps right beneath my jaw line? I never get anything there but they were seriously nothing and went away after like, 2 days. So I'M STILL CROSSING MY FINGERS that this is the only 'purging' stuff i'll experience since I have a big christmas party at the end of this week that i need to look picture perfect for! Will update again soon!

UPDATE 12/19/11

So I still have not experienced any purging and it has been a little over 3 weeks now that I've had this. I did get some small pimples, but they went away and my scars I had had from previous pimples have definitely been fading so much faster than they normally would! I'm in love with this little gadget and cannot imagine not having it! I did get one pimple near my hairline that easily popped and is now gone after 2 days. IT WENT AWAY SOOOO MUCH FASTER than if I had not been using the MIA, I am convinced of it.

The only problem I'm having right now is dryness. I am usually so oily throughout the day, I depend on Clean and Clear Oil Wipes to get rid of my shininess and I was my face in the morning with the Philosophy Never Let Them See you Shine. But now my skin is pretty dry and flaky and I'm not sure if I just don't have a good moisturizer or what, or if it's just winter time now so my skin is drier than usual. I'm not even using my shine control serum because that is making my skin feel really tight.

A little dryness is fine for glowing, clear skin however, and I'll update again to let you know what happens!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2011 11:29:00 PM More reviews by missascloset

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

So I wanted to wait a couple weeks before I reviewed this so I wouldn't get my hopes up, but WOW.
I love this so much more than I thought I would. I have dry, sensitive skin, and my husband has oily. We saw a difference in his skin after one time, me, after three or four. I have owned mine a month now and all I can say is it truly does help your skin. My redness has gone down a considerable amount, my face looks better without make up, and the dry spot on my nose has almost gone away. I have a scar underneath my eye from a surgery 9 years ago, and I swear the scar looks much better. It wasn't that big to begin with, but now you can hardly see it. My blackheads have improved, have not gone away yet but I do not doubt they will!

I love how you can take it in the shower/bath, and how durable it is. I have the Jaguar one from Sephora. They were very helpful as well with it, but that is nothing new.

All in all, if you are looking for a good investment for your skin, look no further! I

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2011 10:59:00 PM More reviews by mayebear87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been wanting/keeping my eye on the Clarisonic for many years. I could NEVER justify $150 on a vibrating brush. I have used 2 knockoffs that were ok, and I figured that the Clarisonic wouldn't be any better than those. So I put the Clarisonic out of my mind for awhile...then the Clarisonic Mia 2 came out on QVC for a great price, so I just broke down and bought it. Oh my gosh, I love it! It is a million times better than the other cleansing brushes I've used! My face is so soft and smooth, totally worth the money! I just got a job working at a Clinique counter, so my skin needs to look great, and this helps a lot. Also, with my job, I have to wear a LOT of makeup everyday, and this makes sure that it all gets off at the end of the day so that I don't have clogged pores. I would recommend this to everyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2011 4:28:00 PM More reviews by polly2990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Love the mia! It's the perfect sonic cleansing brush for my face. After I wash my face it feels squeaky clean and smooth. Lotion absorbs better after the deep cleansing. I notice that my pores are getting better with the deep pore cleansing brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2011 1:45:00 PM More reviews by deedee47

I looove my Clarisonic Mia. It has improved my skin and I do not regret my investment in it. It is a top quality product, so for me, the price is not that bad. A sonic toothbrush can cost up to over $100 so compared to that, I actually think the price for the Mia is not bad. The brush heads however are a little pricey due to shipping and tax, but you can find a great deal on them on amazon or ebay.

Love :)

Here's more details on my review