October 21, 2014 | 2102 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2010 10:52:00 PM More reviews by lena88

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

Wooow! this is the HG of hair products out there! ok so lets begin: 1)one bottle of 100ml (3.4 fl oz) cost me about 30$, this to me is pricy concidering i have long hair and love to use this all over 2)the bottle sucks, its made of thick glass which to me is asking to be broken and there is no punp 3)the oil is a dark yellow in colour and has a pleasent fruity smell 4)it does amazing things for my hair! never has a product left my hair so smooth and silky without being heavy and full of product, i am most definatly going to buy again and again!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2010 4:51:00 PM More reviews by birdyb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

hmmm. turns out that if I think something will work miracles, it won't. not at all. This seems to make my hair- longish, loose curls, fine strands but lots of them- hold its curl (the definition is better), and lots of shine, but the little hairs on the top of my head curl up on their own and look more frizzy. Drier. And it may be my imagination, but is my hair breaking after a week of this? I don't dry my hair- just towel dry, dime-size amount of this stuff, comb through with a big comb, air-dry. It dries faster than without, but I'm not sold. And my stars, $40 for a bottle? Bumble and Bumble Curl conscious was a much better product for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2010 11:11:00 AM More reviews by SheikhaofSouthgate

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Micheal diCesare does a version of Morrocan Argan oil called just that - and it is infused witih Vit E - just a couple of drops on damp hair gives a good shine and condition to the hair - where or not you use the other products - I like this very much

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2010 8:50:00 PM More reviews by deborahmh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This oil is wonderful. I have thin hair and a couple of drops makes my hair look fuller with more body and shine. I can't wear many products because they way my hair down but I really like this stuff. I also use a lot of the Nioxin products. I especially love their hairsprays.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2010 10:22:00 AM More reviews by eurobarbie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Thought I would wait until I finished the whole bottle to review it, so here it goes 3 months later. Overall, I had much higher hopes for the ridiculous price I had to pay. There was nothing really bad about this, except for the bottle, great in theory due to the amber bottle keeping out UV and deactivating ingredients.. bad in practice, no dropper (which would have been so handy fixed into the cap) and I don't really see how silicones would be affected by sunlight, especially sunlight indoors. Im no scientist but unlike something like a Vit C. serum, a silicone hair treatment really doesn't need a amber bottle. I decanted some of the oil into an empty skinceauticals bottle which came with a dropper, using about 2ml each time. For reference my hair is hip length, blonde, slight wave, slight frizz. I don't use heat tools (maybe the hair-dryer once a month) but my hair is fairly damaged due to its length. I was hoping for this to treat my hair more than anything, making it softer in the long run ( the 3 different sales assistants I talked to all told me that was the main use of the oil) and after finishing the whole bottle I can definitely say it made no difference in the overall condition of hair. For everyday use it calmed my frizz really well, and I fell in love with the smell. However the second day after applying it to my hair my ends would always feel dry and I'd have to apply more. I never noticed my hair being shinier, but it did feel really soft the first day of application. As everyone has already mentioned this is more a silicone serum rather than argan oil due to its content, and 50AUD is definitely too much to pay for a smoothing serum that smells good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2010 1:50:00 PM More reviews by pisces31919

I don't know how my hair ever existed without this stuff!!! All I need to do is apply this to my wet hair, blow dry, and apply a little more to my ends before I flat iron. I love the smell and even use the excess on my skin after I finish my hair!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2010 7:52:00 AM More reviews by yasij

After a few months of happily using this on my ends, I suddenly started getting oily hair that attracted a lot of dust - something I've never had before - my hair is very thick and only needs washing twice a week. I did a little research (yep, did research afterwards as I fell into the hype and bought blind), and it turns out there's barely any actual argan oil in this - so it works as good as the much cheaper brands of cone-based treatments. I tried pure argan oil (from hennasouq...cheapest I found), and my hair is back and better than before! Absolutely no weighing me down, leaves my hair super silky, no chemicals, and I'm back to getting a lot of "how do you get that hair?" comments.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2010 6:48:00 AM More reviews by Ivy_Tamwood

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff is amazing!! I thought that putting an oil on my fine, highlighted hair would weigh it down, but my hair looks shiny and gorgeous! My stylist and colorist both tell me that my hair is in great shape despite having highlights done every 8 weeks, and this product has definitely contributed to that! Only con is the packaging; a pump would be nicer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2010 3:26:00 AM More reviews by AivyLeague05

I seriously love this stuff. It almost seems contradictory that putting oil in your hair would bulk up the volume, but that's precisely what it does. This product has made blow drying my hair so much easier and more effective. Smells good, too - a little vanilla, a little musk.

However, it would be easier to deal with if it came in a pump similar to Kerastase's hair drops. It's a minor inconvenience to unscrew a bottle top, pour oil into your hands, and screw the top back on afterwards, given the risk of spilling.

It's quite pricey at 40 bucks a bottle, but I only use a couple of drops at a time (literally), and until I find an equally effective bargain version, this should last me relatively long.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2010 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Adrianne29

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVE IT! I have brown naturally curly/wavy hair that has taken a beating over the years. I was platinum blond 2 years ago and even though I'm back to my natural color with some highlights, it's still damaged. I straighten my hair a couple times a week, but the ends still look gnarly. If i decide to blow dry and curl my hair for that "tousled" look the split ends stand out even more. Now I put Moroccan Oil on the ends of my damp hair before styling and yowza! my hair looks healthy. I look like one of those people who doesn't mess with their hair too much! I was told that over time it can deposit color into your hair. I also heard that Moroccan Oil is coming out with a new oil for lighter hair.

UPDATE: I started noticing really bad pimples along my hairline, on my scalp, and along my back and shoulders. Finally realized it's the Moroccan Oil!! YUCK! I stopped using it for a week and it all cleared up. I was breaking out everywhere the MO touched. I hate the shampoo/conditioner - it makes my curly hair dry and frizzy. L'Oreal Everpure works wonders.So sad about MO.