August 22, 2014 | 1251 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2010 8:50:00 PM More reviews by deborahmh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This oil is wonderful. I have thin hair and a couple of drops makes my hair look fuller with more body and shine. I can't wear many products because they way my hair down but I really like this stuff. I also use a lot of the Nioxin products. I especially love their hairsprays.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2010 10:22:00 AM More reviews by eurobarbie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Thought I would wait until I finished the whole bottle to review it, so here it goes 3 months later. Overall, I had much higher hopes for the ridiculous price I had to pay. There was nothing really bad about this, except for the bottle, great in theory due to the amber bottle keeping out UV and deactivating ingredients.. bad in practice, no dropper (which would have been so handy fixed into the cap) and I don't really see how silicones would be affected by sunlight, especially sunlight indoors. Im no scientist but unlike something like a Vit C. serum, a silicone hair treatment really doesn't need a amber bottle. I decanted some of the oil into an empty skinceauticals bottle which came with a dropper, using about 2ml each time. For reference my hair is hip length, blonde, slight wave, slight frizz. I don't use heat tools (maybe the hair-dryer once a month) but my hair is fairly damaged due to its length. I was hoping for this to treat my hair more than anything, making it softer in the long run ( the 3 different sales assistants I talked to all told me that was the main use of the oil) and after finishing the whole bottle I can definitely say it made no difference in the overall condition of hair. For everyday use it calmed my frizz really well, and I fell in love with the smell. However the second day after applying it to my hair my ends would always feel dry and I'd have to apply more. I never noticed my hair being shinier, but it did feel really soft the first day of application. As everyone has already mentioned this is more a silicone serum rather than argan oil due to its content, and 50AUD is definitely too much to pay for a smoothing serum that smells good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2010 1:50:00 PM More reviews by pisces31919

I don't know how my hair ever existed without this stuff!!! All I need to do is apply this to my wet hair, blow dry, and apply a little more to my ends before I flat iron. I love the smell and even use the excess on my skin after I finish my hair!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2010 7:52:00 AM More reviews by yasij

After a few months of happily using this on my ends, I suddenly started getting oily hair that attracted a lot of dust - something I've never had before - my hair is very thick and only needs washing twice a week. I did a little research (yep, did research afterwards as I fell into the hype and bought blind), and it turns out there's barely any actual argan oil in this - so it works as good as the much cheaper brands of cone-based treatments. I tried pure argan oil (from hennasouq...cheapest I found), and my hair is back and better than before! Absolutely no weighing me down, leaves my hair super silky, no chemicals, and I'm back to getting a lot of "how do you get that hair?" comments.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2010 6:48:00 AM More reviews by Ivy_Tamwood

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff is amazing!! I thought that putting an oil on my fine, highlighted hair would weigh it down, but my hair looks shiny and gorgeous! My stylist and colorist both tell me that my hair is in great shape despite having highlights done every 8 weeks, and this product has definitely contributed to that! Only con is the packaging; a pump would be nicer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2010 3:26:00 AM More reviews by AivyLeague05

I seriously love this stuff. It almost seems contradictory that putting oil in your hair would bulk up the volume, but that's precisely what it does. This product has made blow drying my hair so much easier and more effective. Smells good, too - a little vanilla, a little musk.

However, it would be easier to deal with if it came in a pump similar to Kerastase's hair drops. It's a minor inconvenience to unscrew a bottle top, pour oil into your hands, and screw the top back on afterwards, given the risk of spilling.

It's quite pricey at 40 bucks a bottle, but I only use a couple of drops at a time (literally), and until I find an equally effective bargain version, this should last me relatively long.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2010 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Adrianne29

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVE IT! I have brown naturally curly/wavy hair that has taken a beating over the years. I was platinum blond 2 years ago and even though I'm back to my natural color with some highlights, it's still damaged. I straighten my hair a couple times a week, but the ends still look gnarly. If i decide to blow dry and curl my hair for that "tousled" look the split ends stand out even more. Now I put Moroccan Oil on the ends of my damp hair before styling and yowza! my hair looks healthy. I look like one of those people who doesn't mess with their hair too much! I was told that over time it can deposit color into your hair. I also heard that Moroccan Oil is coming out with a new oil for lighter hair.

UPDATE: I started noticing really bad pimples along my hairline, on my scalp, and along my back and shoulders. Finally realized it's the Moroccan Oil!! YUCK! I stopped using it for a week and it all cleared up. I was breaking out everywhere the MO touched. I hate the shampoo/conditioner - it makes my curly hair dry and frizzy. L'Oreal Everpure works wonders.So sad about MO.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2010 9:07:00 AM More reviews by mostlikely

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am super disappointed in this product because I really wanted it to work. I've used it twice and both times it left my thick hair looking extremely dry and lifeless. My hair just looks like it's sitting on my head. Plus, my hair was extremely unreceptive to the curling iron. Best product I've ever tried for my hair is Redken Straight - it gives my hair such a shine and richness in color that ppl ask me if I color my (naturally black) hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2010 1:46:00 AM More reviews by liveforever

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I'm sorry to be the rogue reviewer here once again, but I feel like I have to warn some women out there who may run into the same problem I did. In fact, I've awaken from my MUA slumber just to write a review for this.

I bought this because I have course, dry, THICK hair. I needed something to deflate my hair, keep the wave in tame, and just make my hair look moisturized.

This stuff I liked at first, but then I noticed my hair getting very, VERY dry. I couldn’t figure it out. I never had this reaction with my Kiehls Crème with Silk groom. Today in the shower my hair was breaking off.. No elasticity. That's when I knew this product wasn't for me. I need more nourishment than just plain oil. I need the long list of ingredients that are in Kiehls (I don't know what they all do, but they do something) and little goes a long way.

On top of all this.... this stuff was hella expensive. I recommend you ladies look into this product called 'OROFLUIDO'. It's the same kind of oil, but it seems to have more ingredients than Moroccanoil.

here's a link to it: https://www.beautymark.ca/products.php?product=4218

This sounds more interesting. Good luck.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2010 4:42:00 PM More reviews by CinnamonLee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am on my second bottle of this stuff! It's the perfect thing for my thick wavy hair, it does everything it's supposed to and smells good too. I gave a small bottle of it to my brother and he loves it as well what else can I say? It's awesome.