Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 10/20/2006 6:25:00 PM

What it is:

Eye shadow primer/base

The Claim:

Packaged in a precious, genie-like bottle, Eyeshadow Primer Potion is an ultra-sheer, totally nude eye base that glides on with the wave of a wand and then disappears instantly. It's the ultimate eye prep for smoother, longer-lasting, crease-proof eyeshadow.

To use:

Apply and let dry before putting on your favorite eyeshadow shades, for dazzling eye looks that stay put.

Price:$15 (recent price raise of $1) for 0.34 fl. oz./10 ml of product

Ingredients:

Ingredients:
Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trihydroxystearin, Triethylhexanoin, Isopropyl Lanolate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Propylene Carbonate, Phenoxyethanol, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Methicone, Isobutylparaben

May Contain:

Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride)

This is hands down the best eye shadow primer that I've ever used.

I love that it only takes the thinnest layer over my lids to hold on eye makeup and keep it true to color.
This stuff acts like an eyeshadow magnet, brings out the vivaciousness of the color, keeps my eye makeup lasting over 10 hours straight, and keeps it from creasing.
That's quite a feat for my very oily eyelids in a very humid climate.

It goes on completely nude, so that it doesn't interefere with the color of eye makeup like some primers do.

One bottle lasts quite a while; I get mine to last 7+ months with near daily use. It takes one swipe on each eyelid from the wand when opened, and when it starts to run low, I pull the plastic neck liner out. This lets me get deeper into the bottle and I get over one month more use of this product.

I swipe a little onto each eyelid, smooth and pat it over my skin with quick, light feathery strokes. I use just enough to thinly coat each eye. Too much, and it will crease.

Some users seem to have a problem blending their eye makeup on over this, but I let it set about 15 seconds, and haven't had that problem.

I also like to use it on the lower lash line to hold color, as well as a lip primer or on the lip line in lieu of a lip liner.
When I use it all over my lips, I do apply a small amount of moisturizing balm first.

I gave it a two for price, three for packaging because it could be packaged to better get out all of the product easily, and an overall five.
I would definitely purchase again, as this is my holy grail eye primer. continued >>

on 10/20/2006 1:36:00 PM

Just adding another 5star review! This stuff is awesome, it works. The only downside I can think of is having to be ready to blend fast, as this stuff glues the shadow down, budge proof!

on 10/19/2006 9:43:00 PM

Good stuff, crappy packaging. I think that's the general concensus anyway. ;)

Before using UDPP, my eyeshadow would crease and fade like mad. Although, at the end of a 12 hour day my makeup doesn't look exactly like when I first applied it, it's still a truly fantastic product that everyone should have. Of course, the major downside is the tube. I have no clue at all as to how much product I have left.

on 10/18/2006 4:53:00 PM

I love this stuff. Makes my e/s last all day with no fading or creasing. I was using MAC paints, but this is a lot better!! I don't like this for under the eye area though, makes my undereye area appear to crepey. The packaging isn't so great, but I have read on the boards that if you remove the stopper, you can get more product out. I will definietely buy again!

Update: I now dab a tiny bit under my eyes to help keep eyeliner on. Works like a dream!! Now my eyeliner doesn't slide around. Yea!!

on 10/14/2006 5:42:00 PM

LOVE this!!! I have tried many other primers - this is the BEST hands down!!! If you have any other primers, try this: put some of each on your hand in stripes, allow them to dry, they put an eyeshadow on each stripe - the UDPP shows and holds the color the best. I tried this with L'oreal primer, MAC paint, and MAC shadow stick as primers and UDPP won hands down!
My only gripe with this is the price, a little much for such a small, amount, but it works so well, I would definitely buy again (and again, and again...)

on 10/14/2006 12:03:00 AM

I agree with everyone else. This product is fabulous and really delivers! Doesn't leave your eyelids feeling cakey like so many other primers do. Eye shadow looks and stays beautiful. Intensifies the color. Great product.

on 10/12/2006 11:55:00 AM

this isnt no gimmick this stuff realy does do what it claims your try it this speaks for itself

I got this based on all the reviews and so glad I did. I live in hot and humid louisiana and no matter how well you apply your eye makeup the eyeliner is gonna get smudgey and get racoon-ish but when I put this on it stays put! will buy again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is an everyday staple for me. I honestly wouldn't even bother wearing eyeshadow without it. Sunscreen and moisturizers make my lids a bit tacky which translates to creased shadow. Primer Potion completely prevents that. It makes my lids matte and ready for color. You do need to be careful when you apply, because blending it a little bit more difficult than on bare eyelids, but this is small stuff when you're getting perfect eyeshadow for hour upon hour upon hour...

on 10/11/2006 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I can't believe I'm just discovering this amazing product. Thanks to all the positive reviews here at MUA, I jumped on the band wagon too! First off, although I spotted this primer a year ago, I passed it over because I thought it would be too streaky/pasty looking (even under eye shadows) against my chocolate toned skin (MAC NC50). Boy was I wrong! Words can't describe how wonderful this is. Everyone need this in their makeup collection, regardless of skin tone. It applies easily, dries fast and makes even the cheapest eyeshadows look awesome. The lasting power it gives is extraordinary! It is now a very critical part of my makeup application. I highly recommend this one. And, don't let the price tag scare you. It's soooo worth it!

Video Reviews & Tutorials