Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

This is godsend! One of the only products that I've ever scraped bottom on and ran back to the store to repurchase. Absolutely sheer formula, dries in seconds, but isn't drying to my sensitive eye area. I have never used a primer that is so perfect in every way. The only downside I find is the packaging- the wand-style applicator makes it hard to get the last few drops but if you remove the plastic piece sitting inside the neck of the bottle, you can get the rest of the product out. Honestly, even with that small flaw, this is one of my few HG products. I have recommended it to everyone I know and those who have taken me up on it rave about it as well. I have slightly oily lids and without this product, my shadows lasts about an hour before creasing. With Primer Potion, I can go to bed with my shadow on after a late night and it's still perfect in the morning! I really can't say enough great things about this product!

I used a whole tube of this primer and couldn't quite work out what I thought of it, and still can't, my feelings are very mixed.... I'd buy it again unless I can find a product that works better for me, but it's not perfect, it does have its flaws....

PROS: This DOES live up to most of its claims: it makes eyeshadow last a helluva lot better, and the colours really pop - for example, I was previously just about ready to assign my MAC Parfait Amour shadow to the bin as an unsavable murky mess, but UDPP turned it into the perky shimmery violet the pot colour had promised and it's now one of my favourite shadows. Additionally to this, the potion's packaging is cute and fun, and the price is very reasonable. I've only tried a couple of other proper "eyeshadow primer" product in my time, and UDPP's feather-light texture was a real delight in comparison.

CONS: One of the problems I found with UDPP is that it did it's job almost TOO well and made blended, softer looks an absolute nightmare - shadow would stick EXACTLY where it had been put and wouldn't feather and blend without quite a fight. I found working with cream eyeshadows, cream concealers or Mac fluidline as an eyeshadow base much better when working with smoky, smudgy looks and I tended to keep UDPP for when I wanted something bright and clean instead... the other BIG problem I had with UDPP is that, although lastability and brightness were improved, creasing actually seemed to be made WORSE by the product, due to the fact UDPP made my inner eye weep for a short time when the skin came into contact with it. I used to have to apply my eyemakeup with a bit of time to let it "settle" before I left the house, then quickly retouch the socketline in the inner V where the eyeshadow and the product would have worn straight off. At first I thought I was using too much of the product, but I was using one "wandful" for both eyes and taking care to apply the shadow before the cream entirely dried, I understand this is kinda the recommended way to go about using UDPP....

Overall good, but not quite as brilliant as reviews here had made me think it might be. If the problems described above are anything to do with the way I'm using it, I'd be delighted to hear any advice... continued >>

goodbye paints goodbye shadesticks!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

OK, so I am the only one who hates this! I put a neutral shadow over it and it caked up like mad. I will be sticking with Laura Mercier's Eye Basics, which never gave me this problem! And who is this packaging designed for-- I Dream of Jeannie? 13-year-olds?? It's in the swap pile for sure.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

My eyeshadow lasted through a very rough 13 hour shift,five hours of riding a bus, and two hours of shopping after that-20 hours-before I got into a hot shower! The lids itched a little.

The appearance of my eye shadows has changed for the better since I started using this product. No more creasing and fading, this stuff is awesome! I must have read every review here before I made the decision to purchase my first tube -- I should have done it sooner! The application of this primer is easy, the tube comes with a wand. The only problem I foresee is getting the last bit of this product out of this cute but no so practical tube. It only takes a little bit on each lid - if overly applied, eye shadow may appear cakey. If, at times, I use a bit too much, I simply smooth it out over my lids (using my finger) and no problem! Will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Two words: HOLY GRAIL!!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Oh. My. God. I have NEVER used anything near as amazing as this. If there was one beauty essential 'miracle' product every girl had to own, for me it would be this. Eyeshadows were one of my first makeup loves- everything else like lipsticks, blush- they were good too, but I just loved the way the right shadow could make my look come 'alive'. However, I gadually stopped wearing it as it just slid off my face, and by mid morning my MU look was no more, even with MAC. Then I tried this. Sure, I knew it would hold my look in place for a bit longer, but WOW! This stuff holds my makeup on ALL DAY. Even if I'm really sweaty (I play a lot of sport) this stuff still holds up. If you are fed up with your makeup not staying in place (well, just eyeshadow really!) then this is for you. It is easy to use, feels good, and you can't even feel it when it's on. It is just so amazing! HG and definate repurchase! I just don't know what I would do without this stuff!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I loved this produce, it goes on well with the wand and my eyeshadow stays on. On new years eve I fell asleep with my makeup and woke up with still perfect eye shadow.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love Love Love Love Love. Better than MAC paints if you have oily lids. Light, but really keeps eyeshadow on all day without creasing.

Video Reviews & Tutorials