September 1, 2014 | 1148 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2006 1:01:00 PM More reviews by shakeheartbreak

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Let me just preface this by saying that I have the oilest eyelids in the world. Within an HOUR of putting on eyeshadow, using any base, being concealer and what have you, my eyeshadow started to crease. By the end of the day, forget it! My eyeshadow was just greasy lines of color on my eyes. I decided to take the plunge and by some Primer Potion, and let me just say, my eyeshadow didn't crease AT ALL. For 15 hours. It didn't even come off when I accidentially rubbed my eye. This stuff is amazing. Definetly the best product in my makeup drawer. And I kind of this the packaging is cute.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2006 10:51:00 AM More reviews by kristenmc1218

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ditto to all the raves!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2006 4:56:00 PM More reviews by bellatrix13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! I've always had a problem with my eye-makeup creasing after a few hours, but after spreading a tiny amount of this stuff over the crease of my lids, I don't have to worry about it at all! My eye makeup stays put for hours and at the end of the night, it still looks as fresh as when I applied it.

One thing I don't like about this product is that if I get it on my eyelashes, it makes my mascara go on clumpy. I take extra special care to not get it on my eyelashes at all so that my lashes will look as good as my lids after using this product!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2006 3:43:00 AM More reviews by radiant1

I don't know why I waited so long to buy this. I am thrilled with the results, only I wish I had it 10 years ago. Thank you Urban Decay for making this fine product that really works. I wonder why no other eye shadow base can even come close to this formula?

Update: This makes my eyes red and itchy. i got tiny bumps on my eyelids, too. There is some ingrediant in this that I am allergic too.

It's a wonder product for everyone else. If anyone else gets this reaction, let me know what works instead for you. I so wish this would not irritate my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2006 7:25:00 PM More reviews by so_siqqq

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product. It is simply the best thing ever made for oily lids! It makes my eyeshadow last all day with my, sadly, very oily eyelids. I also use UDPP on the lower lashline to make my eyeliner or eyeshadow last all day and on my eyebrows so that my brow powder lasts all day too. MAC Paints and Shade Sticks always creased or faded away on my lids within three hours or so. But not with Urban Decay Primer Potion.

The packaging I am not a big fan of since it's hard to get any product out when it is almost empty. Other than that I don't use the wand applicator to spread the product around my lid. Instead I get some product on the wand and apply it on to my lid and then I use my fingers to blend it in. The product lasts a long time. I've gone through three tubes since December 2005 and this is with everyday use.

Blending is a little difficult since it takes longer to blend eyeshadows than using MAC Paints.

Over all five lippies for UDPP because 1) it makes e/s last all day on oily lids 2) one tube lasts a long time (one tube lasted about two months for me with every day use on lids, lower lashline, and brows) 3) the price is just right.

EDIT 7/13/09: I have actually found a better e/s base. I now use MAC Paint Pots. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2006 12:50:00 AM More reviews by happylynngilmer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i bought this b/c i used to be able to wear shadow but the last year or so my lids have become very oily, and most of my eye shadow remained in my make up case untouched even though eye make up is my fav kind to wear! thanks to these reviews i purchased a bottle at sephora.com and it finally arrived. i was a lil disappointed at the size of the bottle at first, but when i used it - a lil goes a long way and you dont need hardly any. i worked 8 hours, and then went out to applebees with the fam, and 10 hours later, my beautifully blended eye shadow still looks amazing. i love this stuff! washed off in the shower with my usual face cleanser. i can safely say, these ladies posting before me are not overzealous or psycho - they are simply speaking truth!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2006 7:43:00 PM More reviews by verseau03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't really use eye-shadow everyday (occasionally I'll break out the Stila or Mac shadow)...because even with the potion it's creased by the end of the day. It still lasts a *lot* longer than usual though.

I use the potion daily all by itself just to cut back on the oily lids. Works better than anything else has. Still a little greasy...but not nearly as much.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2006 2:41:00 PM More reviews by Shellgrl

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have very oily lids and my eyeshadow liteally creased within 3 hours or less. My color faded. It was very bad. I tried L'Oreal de-crease, foundation, nothing worked. Then I got Primer Potion. This stuff is amazing, it makes your eyeshadow go on like superglue. It don't budge. Not an inch.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2006 12:16:00 PM More reviews by laffytaffy78

this product works really well. the only problem is... i got an allergic reaction to it. boooooo! it really made my eyeshadow stay on all day. but when it was time for me to take off my makeup, it made my eyelids red and swollen. it also made my eyelidss extremely dry. so dry that a week later, i still had to deal with it. something i never experienced before... but it works... but not for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2006 9:17:00 AM More reviews by verybecca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I cannot understand why noone told me about this magical product sooner. I love eyeshadow, have very oily skin and always have the creasing midday, to the point where I have to completely reapply by 3pm. No more! It's sounds unbelievable but my e/s does not budge from when I put it on before work til after I go out after work. I left the house at 9AM yesterday, came home at 10:30PM and it was still perfect. This is my HG.