August 27, 2014 | 1605 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2006 1:07:00 PM More reviews by xoxo_brittany

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I absolutely love love love this. My eyeshadows seriously don't budge when I wear this. I have actually slept through several nights, gotten up the next day and my eyeshadows and eyeliner looked THE EXACT same as they did the day before. I know, hard to believe but this stuff is phenominal. BTW, when you are starting to scrape the bottom of the bottle, remove the little plastic piece inside the bottle where it screws on the lid; you'll find tons more product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2006 6:53:00 AM More reviews by tablet21

This is by far the best eyeshadow base I've tried. I have used Ultima II FNCN, and MAC Paints, but nothing compares to the colour pay off, non-creasing power and ease to use of the Urban Decay Primer Potion.

I just dot a dab on each lid and blend. Then put my shadow straight over the top. Lasts with no creasing for at least 9 hours!! I'd never thought that was possible before I found this. Holy grail!!!!

I cannot believe how much I love this product. I will repurchase again and again, but one tube has lasted me 4 months, and appears to be going strong.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2006 10:50:00 PM More reviews by catatonia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Thanks to all the ladies who recommended this on the Laura Mercier Eye Basics reviews....this product is so much better (and cheaper) than LM. What i like best? i does NOT crease and really holds my eye shadow on great....and it doesnt' look like i swept a white watercolor paint across my eyelid. note: sephora always seems to be out of this, so if you see and want to try it, i would grab it while it's in stock!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2006 11:45:00 AM More reviews by sweetcaroline

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've bought this twice. I love how it makes my eyeshadows (high and low end) stay on all day. I just take a small bit and blend it well on my eyes. If you put too much, it can cake. I apply it over moisturized skin. Works great. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2006 8:28:00 PM More reviews by GJewel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff is AMAZING! Wow! Finally an eye primer that does exactly what it says it is going to do. I have a hard time getting eye shadow to show up on my skin but with this, the color shows up perfectly and stays on all day without creasing! I will DEFINITELY be re-buying this when I run out!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2006 6:26:00 PM More reviews by ohthatgirl

I had previously tried and didn't like UD Primer Potion and promply swapped it away without hesitation because (1) I wasn't using it correctly (2) I was previously using MAC Studio Fix, used a light powdering of it under my shadesticks (HG colored bases) (3) I was too cheap and at the time, very much a MAC snob. When I started using a new foundation (PX Virtual Skin) last summer, I realized that in the Texas heat and humidity I NEEDED something to prevent my shadows from creasing now more than ever and decided to give the primer a go around again. I am so glad that I'm not stubborn and that I am no longer a brand snob or I would have missed out on this gem. I apply my makeup every morning between 7:10 and 7:40 and it lasts with no creasing or faded up until I remove it at 6, 7, even 9 at night sometimes. I'm a convert. This is my HG shadow base...and it doesn't even require a second base to stay as vibrant either. I have applied shadows directly after the primer and the end effect is the same. The trick being to apply a thin layer of primer and smooth it out with your finger and allow to dry before applying the shadow. LOVE it! Of course I would buy it again and again and again! :D I already have backups out the yin-yang because Sephora and Ulta can't seem to keep it in stock. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2006 11:03:00 AM More reviews by luvmv

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE. LOVE .LOVE! I have oily eyelids and this product is the only one that worked for me. My eye shadow did not fade, crease or wear off ALL DAY. I even fell asleep with my eye makeup on once and was surprised to see that the next morning my eye shadow looked as fresh as it did the day before. Just make sure you blend it past the area where you usually end your eye shadow application or else you will see a "line of demarcation." Truly an amazing product. At $14 USD, it is a great bargain (compared to the $20 USD for a teeny tiny jar of BeneFit's F.Y.Eye that doesn't work).

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2006 9:22:00 AM More reviews by blairb22

Sorry to ruin the ratings, but I really don't care for this. Yes, it works, but it burned the skin off my eyelids! This completely unsafe for sensitive skin. My eyeshadow clumped and balled up and got nasty, and you have to be really careful not to get it anywhere near your eyelashes, because it's hard to get off and makes your mascara go on gross. It was totally obvious where I had applied this gross stuff under my eyeshadow despite how thinly I tried to apply it. Yet another overrated dud from MUA!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2006 9:18:00 AM More reviews by Clare_3108

OK, So I heard about this stuff on the Bare Escentuals forum, quite a few people on there seemed to rate it, and said eyeshadow does not budge. I had my reservations, not that I doubted what anyone said but, my eyelids are very oily, so thought what the heck its worth a try, I found a place in the UK that stocks it and it arrived on Saturday, I used it in the evening when I went out and Voila! No creasing eyeshadow very impressed, I was only out for 4 hours so didn't have a huge time to test it in, anyway I wore it to work yesterday and all day nothing moved, no creases nothing, my shadow was just as I applied it in the morning, I have to say it was weird checking the mirror during the day and finding no creases, this stuff is impressive and I will not be without it now.

Kudos to Urban decay!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2006 1:01:00 PM More reviews by shakeheartbreak

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Let me just preface this by saying that I have the oilest eyelids in the world. Within an HOUR of putting on eyeshadow, using any base, being concealer and what have you, my eyeshadow started to crease. By the end of the day, forget it! My eyeshadow was just greasy lines of color on my eyes. I decided to take the plunge and by some Primer Potion, and let me just say, my eyeshadow didn't crease AT ALL. For 15 hours. It didn't even come off when I accidentially rubbed my eye. This stuff is amazing. Definetly the best product in my makeup drawer. And I kind of this the packaging is cute.