Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Okay, I don't think UDPP lives up to its reputation quite as much as everyone raves about, but it's decent. I haven't had problems with creasing, but the fading is annoying. It's better than other bases I've tried but I wouldn't call it a miracle product.

DO believe the hype,this stuff is amazing, it even makes Wet n Wild eyeshadows stay put for an entire day! Before trying this product, any eyeshadow I wore would wind up traveling and bunching up in my crease but UDPP prevents such slipage. I will admit, I have noticed a teeny,tiny amount of shadow in my crease but it is negligeble. My lids are fairly oily but a little of this product goes a long way despite of that (which somewhat makes up for the price tag).

on 12/14/2006 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have ridiculously oily lids and have tried several primer potions to help my eyeshadow stay in place - I bought this after reading the reviews on this site - this thing works GREAT. It stayed on all day and my eyeshadow did not crease - superb. I even wore it to the gym (forgot that I had make up on) and after my work out, my eyeshadow still stayed on. Love this primer potion - def. worth the price.

on 12/12/2006 9:57:00 PM

I bought this because I was out of my HG primer (Too Faced First Base) and I was at Sephora so I thought I'd see what the hype was about. Yeah, it does help your shadow to stay but it's nothing my old primers didn't do. I actually like my HG primer better because it's a bit creamy and doesn't feel so dry (I think it's the silicone). I suppose if you have super oily eyelids you can handle it being dryer, but I personally have normal eyelids so that's not an issue. Plus the little bit of creamy-ness makes it blend better. Same with my back-up primer, Aveda's Eye Accent in Acacia. In fact my Aveda is what I use on my bridal clients and all I hear is how they're shadow didn't budge through tears, etc. So I give it a 3 for working but not being anything special or unique.

on 12/12/2006 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I LOVE Urban Decay Primer Potion. It is my HG eye shadow primer. I have very oily skin and this is the only thing that keeps my shadow for creasing and disappearing. A little primer goes a long way.
The only con about this product is be sure it is dry before applying eye shadow. Not a big deal, but I learned the hard way. :-)
Buy this, I know you will LOVE it as much as I do!

on 12/11/2006 4:56:00 PM

Great product! I was hesitant to spend ~$15 for this but it was well worth it. I have oily skin so eyeshadows never stay on me but when I used this, it made a world of difference! Definetely will repurchase. Update --- My day starts off at 7 in the morning and I have classes at night. Came home the other dat at 8 at night and my eyeshadow was still on. I've gotten compliments on my eyeshadow make up from coworkers. I haven't changed my anything but now my eyeshadow colors really pop out and stays through out the day. This is an excellent product. Plus, now I can continue to use the cheap Revlon eyeshadows :) I use this along with the MAC fluidline (which was great by itself)but with these two combined, my eyeliner stays intact.

on 12/11/2006 3:04:00 AM

I resisted this for a long, long time... I had other primers that seemed to work just fine. Why fix it if it ain't broke, right? Then I got this from a lovely MUAer. At first, it was bleh. Gals on the makeup board suggested I "swish, twirl & dip" the applicator, apply very thinly. Well, this worked. It's a fabulous primer. It really is.

My only beef is the packaging. I mean, it's cute. But my first tube burst at a seam on the bottom, and primer potion was all over everything. Also, with the shape of the packaging, there's a lot of product that gets wasted because the applicator can't get to it. UD apparenly claims the tube walls are *straight* on the inside; I know first hand that this is not the case.

All in all, an excellent product that I will repurchase.

on 12/9/2006 10:09:00 PM

This primer is incredible! I bought it on The Beauty Addict's recommendation and I'm soooo impressed. It goes on so smooth, requires very little, doesn't go on chalky and pale, makes my eyeshadow colors truer and keeps them and my liner IN PLACE. Not a budge. I love this stuff.

on 12/9/2006 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

You can add my name to the list of believers! This stuff is great. I am not an eyeshadow fanatic, I think I own maybe 10 shadows, but everyone who wears shadow needs this product. It feels silky & smooth. My eyeshadow looks better & wears longer with this underneath. The color looks truer and does not budge or crease. I only wish the full-size tube looked like the sample tube, which is simple & cute. But this is very good. It's really easy to see why everyone else likes it!

on 12/8/2006 11:53:00 AM

I've never used a primer before but was compelled to buy this after reading all the reviews. Yesterday I applied it at 9:00am and it lasted until 2:00am with no creases and looking like I have just applied the eyeshadow!

I just put the primer over my foundation, let it dry for a few minutes; then brush on my eyeshadow.

My only complaint is that the packaging is a little too kitschy for me.

EDIT: I would also like to add that it works better for tradition eyeshadows. I used it this morning with my Bare Minerals eyeshadow and found it very hard to blend.

Video Reviews & Tutorials