Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 12/26/2006 10:12:00 AM

Okay, I really tried to avoid purchasing this. I didn't want to believe the hype, but decided I had to try it as all my shimmery shadows crease on me within hours. Well, the hype turned out to be true! There was a bit of a learning curve with this product - a little really does go a long way, and I just dab my finger on the applicator, then apply a thin layer all over my eye lid, and then do another thin layer if it feels like it wasn't enough. I then do my blush to let the UDPP dry, and then just put my shadow on as usual. It feels like putting shadow on bare lids, but the effect is totally different. There is NO creasing! Absolutely none! My days are extremely long, and yet my shadow looks the same at 11 or 11:30 PM, when I remove it, as it did at 7:30 AM, when it was applied. Consider me a convert!

The only problem I've had is that my eye liners don't show up quite as strongly, and they tend to fade over the UDPP. I'm going to try some liners that are marketed as "long-wearing" to see if this makes a difference.

on 12/26/2006 9:17:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I know there is so much praise for this product on this site, and this review is repetitive, but wow, what a great product. I only bought it last weekend so I am still constantly checking my lids in the middle of the day to see if there are any creases, and so far nothing. My shadow even lasted through last minute shopping at Barney's and Bendel's right before Christmas, when the stores were mobbed and about 100 degrees. Now if I can only find a product equal to this one for the rest of my makeup, because that still always disappears.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the best find! First I apply a bit of foundation on eyelids. Then, I blend the primer potion over eyelid before applying eye makeup. This preserves my eyeshadow all day (I live in humid FL and have oily skin). It really stops my eyeshadow from creasing or fading. I have to note that I have not used this with liquid eyeshadow. I like to use Benefit's She Laq to seal liquid eyeliner and mascara. Together, these products make my life a lot easier. I no longer have to reapply my makeup!

on 12/24/2006 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

All I can say is this stuff works. Period. If you want your eyeshadow to last all day, well into the night...this is stuff to use. I definitely would repurchase.

on 12/24/2006 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I guess I'm in the minority with my experience with UDPP. I was excited to bring it home and have eyeshadow that lasted! However, I found that it made the e/s look splotchy and heavier in some areas than others. Worst of all, was what it did to my skin. I had itchy, peeling eyelids that look prunish within two days of trying this. YUCK!

on 12/24/2006 9:11:00 PM

I have been looking for this product for so long! It makes all my eyeshadows last without creasing, hold their color, and blend perfectly. This stuff is totally worth the price because it makes drugstore eyeshadows look professional. Definitely will repurchase and recommend to anyone!

on 12/22/2006 7:41:00 PM

I doubt I need to say much about this, but I figured I'd review it anyway. Like many other of my fellow MUAers, this has become a must-have for me that I wouldn't have found if not for this website. I never really had a problem with creasing, so I don't use it for that, but it gives my e/s a LOT better staying power, even the stuff that has very little lastability in the first place. Since I wear my makeup for 12+ hours a day and have a fairly busy schedule, this has become quite the life saver for me. UDPP = <3.

on 12/22/2006 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This makes all the difference in the world for me. I have oily lids, and no e/s lasts on me for more than 4-5 hours. With UDPP, everything lasts until I take it off myself - cream/powder e/s, eyeliner, everything.
I'm not crazy about the applicator, I wish it came in a tube, but it's OK, considering the performance.
Just a side note - in my case, it makes e/s and e/l application a bit more difficult, and if I make a mistake it's really hard to fix, I have to use make-up remover and start all over. But it's so worth it!

on 12/21/2006 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Pretty good stuff. I got a sample from Sephora and have been very impressed. It goes on pretty easily--my one complaint is that just using the sponge brush does not blend it enough, I also have to rub it in a bit with my finger. But my eyeshadow does stay in place which is really the most important thing.

on 12/21/2006 4:36:00 PM

i love this stuff. i finally found something that works my eyeshadow actually stays on all day, and stays just as bright as when i first put it on in the morning.

Video Reviews & Tutorials