March 1, 2015 | 2068 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2006 10:17:00 PM More reviews by kittychambana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is GOOD. I did shimmery, smokey eyes for a big party, and this stuff kept my eye makeup looking great alllll night (and I mean until morning...it was one of those nights where I passed out with my makeup on, oops). Anyway, when I woke up I basically looked like a hungover zombie except for my eye makeup, which still looked terrific! (Hopefully I won't do that very often, but this is a testament to the power of this product). $14 is kind of expensive but it really does work, and it makes even my cheap eyeshadows stay put and look great for a long time, even through sweaty dancing (at a party or at a rehearsal)! The potion bottle packaging is, well, sort of silly I think but I get the concept, and the packaging is functional and doesn't leak so I really don't care what it looks like. Good stuff!
UPDATE: I STILL cannot believe how freakin' great this is. Buy it immediately.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2006 8:09:00 PM More reviews by pinky33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I agree with everybody else here...this stuff is AWESOME!!!
I've tried Bobbi Brown, Benefit, Lauder, Lancome, Bare Escentuals...the list goes on. Nothing compares to this. I have oily eyelids and I had actually given up on wearing eyeshadow because it looks like crap by lunchtime. Then a SA at Sephora recommended it. YAY!!!!!!!!!!! (love that store!)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2006 6:25:00 PM More reviews by crazykatgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

What it is:

Eye shadow primer/base

The Claim:

Packaged in a precious, genie-like bottle, Eyeshadow Primer Potion is an ultra-sheer, totally nude eye base that glides on with the wave of a wand and then disappears instantly. It's the ultimate eye prep for smoother, longer-lasting, crease-proof eyeshadow.

To use:

Apply and let dry before putting on your favorite eyeshadow shades, for dazzling eye looks that stay put.

Price:$15 (recent price raise of $1) for 0.34 fl. oz./10 ml of product

Ingredients:

Ingredients:
Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trihydroxystearin, Triethylhexanoin, Isopropyl Lanolate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Propylene Carbonate, Phenoxyethanol, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Methicone, Isobutylparaben

May Contain:

Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride)

This is hands down the best eye shadow primer that I've ever used.

I love that it only takes the thinnest layer over my lids to hold on eye makeup and keep it true to color.
This stuff acts like an eyeshadow magnet, brings out the vivaciousness of the color, keeps my eye makeup lasting over 10 hours straight, and keeps it from creasing.
That's quite a feat for my very oily eyelids in a very humid climate.

It goes on completely nude, so that it doesn't interefere with the color of eye makeup like some primers do.

One bottle lasts quite a while; I get mine to last 7+ months with near daily use. It takes one swipe on each eyelid from the wand when opened, and when it starts to run low, I pull the plastic neck liner out. This lets me get deeper into the bottle and I get over one month more use of this product.

I swipe a little onto each eyelid, smooth and pat it over my skin with quick, light feathery strokes. I use just enough to thinly coat each eye. Too much, and it will crease.

Some users seem to have a problem blending their eye makeup on over this, but I let it set about 15 seconds, and haven't had that problem.

I also like to use it on the lower lash line to hold color, as well as a lip primer or on the lip line in lieu of a lip liner.
When I use it all over my lips, I do apply a small amount of moisturizing balm first.

I gave it a two for price, three for packaging because it could be packaged to better get out all of the product easily, and an overall five.
I would definitely purchase again, as this is my holy grail eye primer. continued >>

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2006 1:36:00 PM More reviews by strawberrys

Just adding another 5star review! This stuff is awesome, it works. The only downside I can think of is having to be ready to blend fast, as this stuff glues the shadow down, budge proof!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2006 9:43:00 PM More reviews by ucfmariana

Good stuff, crappy packaging. I think that's the general concensus anyway. ;)

Before using UDPP, my eyeshadow would crease and fade like mad. Although, at the end of a 12 hour day my makeup doesn't look exactly like when I first applied it, it's still a truly fantastic product that everyone should have. Of course, the major downside is the tube. I have no clue at all as to how much product I have left.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2006 4:53:00 PM More reviews by lori2003

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. Makes my e/s last all day with no fading or creasing. I was using MAC paints, but this is a lot better!! I don't like this for under the eye area though, makes my undereye area appear to crepey. The packaging isn't so great, but I have read on the boards that if you remove the stopper, you can get more product out. I will definietely buy again!

Update: I now dab a tiny bit under my eyes to help keep eyeliner on. Works like a dream!! Now my eyeliner doesn't slide around. Yea!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2006 5:42:00 PM More reviews by circe21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LOVE this!!! I have tried many other primers - this is the BEST hands down!!! If you have any other primers, try this: put some of each on your hand in stripes, allow them to dry, they put an eyeshadow on each stripe - the UDPP shows and holds the color the best. I tried this with L'oreal primer, MAC paint, and MAC shadow stick as primers and UDPP won hands down!
My only gripe with this is the price, a little much for such a small, amount, but it works so well, I would definitely buy again (and again, and again...)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2006 12:03:00 AM More reviews by deblparker

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I agree with everyone else. This product is fabulous and really delivers! Doesn't leave your eyelids feeling cakey like so many other primers do. Eye shadow looks and stays beautiful. Intensifies the color. Great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2006 11:55:00 AM More reviews by han01

this isnt no gimmick this stuff realy does do what it claims your try it this speaks for itself

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2006 12:07:00 AM More reviews by kissmytiarabitch

I got this based on all the reviews and so glad I did. I live in hot and humid louisiana and no matter how well you apply your eye makeup the eyeliner is gonna get smudgey and get racoon-ish but when I put this on it stays put! will buy again.