Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

i LOVE this product!
It makes my e/s stay all day with no creasing.
but my only problem is that my e/s are a little bit hard to blend, so i took of a lipstick.
i love this product!
Will definitely repurchase!
:D

on 11/28/2006 9:28:00 PM

Like most of the other members of MUA, I completely agree that this is a magical product that does that rarest of things; it lives up to the hype.After 13 1/2 hours, my eye makeup had no creasing, fading or loss of pigmentation. Gorgeous and fresh as when I put it on. This stuff is a bit spendy, and while I am well aware that minor surgery is required to get all contents out of the pretty little tube, the packaging is adorable on my makeup table and the product is out of this world. I don't think I'll ever do without it again.

continued >>

on 11/26/2006 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

A solid product, but doesn't do anything my current primer (Smashbox I-Prime) doesn't do. I've been wearing the UD on my left eye, and the SB on my right. They both make the color very true and last a reasonable amount of time. I have "normal" lids, neither dry or oily. I think an e/s primer is important if you're looking for extra wear and vibrant color from their shadow (and who isn't?) It's a good price too, and is $10 cheaper than my Smashbox, which is why I'd probably repurchase the UD instead. The only negative is that it doesn't do much to neutralize the color in my lid. Too bad the UD packaging seems prone to capturing a lot of product (such a waste) and is, IMO, pretty tacky looking.

on 11/25/2006 3:08:00 AM

For the price, you certainly can't beat this primer. It's a silky coverage and does the job better than some I've tried for much more money. Defintely worth buying again.

on 11/24/2006 5:25:00 PM

I love UDPP! After finally caving into the recs from the MU Board, i purchased UDPP with high hopes, and of course it lived up to them. Before UDPP, my e/s would last not longer than 3 hrs (even when i used WNW Cafe Au Lait cream shadow as a base). Now it lasts until i wash it off. Definitely a HG!

on 11/23/2006 8:26:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about UD's Primer Potion. It's a lovely neutral color, just blend a tiny bit onto each eyelid and wait for it to dry before applying eye shadow. Your eye makeup will stay in place and look flawless all day!

on 11/23/2006 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have almost nothing but good things to say about this product. It does was it claims, keeps shadow from creasing and makes it stay put. The only downside I found was this product dried the skin on my eye lids bad, flaking skin bad. That being said, I might have applied too much product, so I'm still giving it 5 lipsticks.

on 11/20/2006 9:49:00 PM

This is one of those products that no one should be without. UDPP is a fantastic eye base, enabling eye color to last and last. It has a creamy texture that easily applies w/o tugging on the eyelid. You only need a very small amount, which means one tube lasts about six months. It's not very expensive to begin with, but the fact that it lasts so long makes the price even more appealing. The genie bottle packaging is a bit cutesy, but I can overlook that. The impractical tube packaging (w/ sponge tip applicator) makes it difficult to really use all of the product, but it's extremely easy to remove the plastic lining and get another 1-2 months of use out of the tube. If you have any problems blending eyeshadow on top of UDPP, just swipe some face powder over UDPP to provide a blending platform for your eyecolors.

I did have some problems w/ color not appearing as vibrant as I would have liked, but I've since started using MAC Paints or similar cream eyeshadows over UDPP to bring out the vibrancy of my eyeshadows.

on 11/20/2006 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

The Good News: This does exactly what it says it does. One of the very very few products that lives up to every claim it makes. Yes, your color will look brighter! Yes, it will keep your color from fading! And, Yes, your eye shadow WILL NOT CREASE. I was totally freakin' amazed with this product. My eyes lids are oily (or they were, but we'll get to that later) and this stuff made my eye shadow stay put all day and look just as good at the end of the day as the beginning when I first put it on. The consistency is creamy, goes on nice, and I personally didn't have a problem blending my shadow.

So...why the 3 rating and not a 5?

The *Very* Bad News: My eyelids went from being very oily to DRY...and I mean dry. They're cracking, they're wrinkly (from the severe dryness) and they're flaking. I've never had dry skin in my entire life and it's making me crazy. I've spent the last week covering my lids in Emu Oil, and Hyaluronic cream to get them soft and smooth again. They're finally returning to normal. Another week of extreme moisturizing and they should be fine. I should have seen it coming really. A product that makes your eyeshadow stick like glue...how good can it be for my lids?!? Even my mom, who has super oily lids was amazed at how well it worked, and bought some herself, became a little scared when she saw just how well it worked. Those with oilier skin have fewer lines and wrinkles because their skin is always moisturized (I guess it's a blessing and a curse) and since she's made it to almost 50 without any lines on her eyes she became concerned that having no oil on them may not be so good.

I had been using it everyday (everytime I wore eyeshadow) for maybe 2-3 months before I noticed the skin becoming really dry. It's such a pity too, because this stuff REALLY works. I'm still going to use it (after my eyelids get back to normal) but ONLY on special occasions, which is also the only time I wear liquid foundation. This shouldn't be too bad for them I think...I just can't glue my eyeshadow to my eyelids everyday.

on 11/19/2006 3:07:00 PM

I just wanted to add my voice to the raves: this stuff rocks!!! No more eye shadow fading with this underneath!! I'm so happy that even the most finely miled e/s, which didn't last more than one hour on my dry lids, now are perfect all day long! The only downside is the strangely shaped packaging: a lot of product goes lost, but I must admit that a little goes a long way, I just need one wand coat for both eyes. A tip I got from a sweet Muaer: when it gets thick, add just a drop of saline solution.

Video Reviews & Tutorials