Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I did not have any problems with eye shadow until I started to use loose shadow which I got for free with some mineral makeup I bought. For the life of me I could not get that stuff to stay on my lids, it went everywhere but where I put it. This was the second primer I tried and the first one did not help at all. This stuff is awesome. Pretty much wherever you put your shadow it stays and it stays all day long. If you sleep on it it doesn't move either. You use just a dab of it and rub it onto the lid.

Edit: After a few more uses I do not like the packaging and the way it feels on my eye lids. You waste so much since you cannot get it out of the tube. I use it ever so often but I am back to looking for my HG shadow primer. I do not wear loose shadows anymore.

Edit (9-6-10): So I have been using EL's lid primer and after 2 months my e/s went back to creasing so I pulled this out and started using it again. I still hate the packaging and how much is wasted. I think I need to rotate every few months with diff eye primers. I am now starting to use loose e/s and they stay pretty good on UD's PP.

I didnt want to believe the hype but when I went to Sephora to try it out, I was shocked. This stuff really works it's amazing! Lasts all day and does not smudge. Worth the dough too and you only need to use a tiny dab.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I used this product it works great. You can also use it on the lips to keep your lipstick on longer!

Just had to add my voice to the chorus of praise for this. I don't wear eyeshadow often, but this was recommended to me for my wedding and now can't live without it. I sometimes use shadow as a liner and this keeps that in place, too.

WOW! Grading it an A+... I am using 1 tube right now, and have 2 new tubes in my closet! They are on back-up because I don't want to run out of it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I don't think there's much I can add that hasn't already been said about this amazing eyeshadow base! I thought I had found my HG until I tried this, and my opinion completely changed. I've been using the same tube daily since June, and I'm nowhere near finished. It takes the tiniest amount, and my eye makeup lasts as long as I do. At $14, I consider this stuff a steal! It's worth much much more, IMO. I would pay twice this for the job it does. I'll be using this as long as they make it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

UDPP is the best for keeping on my eye makeup! I have very oily lids which creases eyeshadow, runs eyeliner and smudges mascara. This is a must have for any all day wearing makeup girly. It works, works, works and I use it on every client I do makeup on for special occasions. I've tried others, but nothing compares to this! HG status.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is one of those products that, once you've tried it, you can never live without again!!!! I have extremely oily skin which I work hard to keep under control (Mac Blot, anyone?) and this stuff works like a charm. For anyone who finds that eyeshadow isn't as easy to blend after using this product, my advice is to use a bare-coloured shadow (like Mac Brulee or Bobbi Brown Bone) over the primer, and go from there.
Update - I just bought another two of these as backups. I can't bear the thought of going without this stuff!!

i totally LOVE this primer! up until recently i used MAC paints and clinique touchtints as my primer, nothing else worked. the urban decay rep came into my work and gave me some samples of the primer and i was beyond impressed. it really does last all day and makes your eyeshadow look twice as vibrant. i would absolutley reccomend this to anyone.

I have oily lids and this helps keep my eyeliner all day long and night instead of having it smudge underneath my eyes by the end of the day. It's great!

Video Reviews & Tutorials