Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/8/2006 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Another huge rave! I love MUA because I would have never tried this product without this site. I don't like the little potion bottle but the stuff inside is amazing. I have been using LM Eye Basics for many years and it did a good job but UDPP is far better. I have oily lids but now you would never know it. This keeps them matte until I wash it off. My e/s stays put perfectly. Easy to use and solves such an annoying problem (creasing e/s). HG! It's great for lips too!

How on earth did I live without this product? HOW?!

This product is truly amazing. It not only makes eyeshadows last longer, but I swear that it makes the colour more vibrant and rich. A must for anybody with eyelids like mine that swallow up eyeshadow or for any eyeshadow junkie, really.

I do wish I didn't go through them as quickly though. I also wish that they had a 'HELL YES!' option for 'Would you buy this product again?'. :-P

on 11/6/2006 8:15:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

OMG!!! I also bought and tried this product out over the weekend because of all the great reviews here and I am so glad that I did! I just can't believe it works so well! My e/s and e/l NEVER used to stay fresh and in place thru the day (and what good is hundreds of dollars spent on makeup if it doesn't last) but now with this miracle, my makeup looks just the same at 5pm as it did when I put it on at 7am! No creasing, no smudging, no oiliness!!!
I will buy again and again! Thanks MUA!!!!1

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

After reading great reviews on this item, I decided to give it a try.
I have very narrow fold on my eyelid (I'm asian), and they get so oily that MAC's paints crease on my eyelids, and Bobbi Brown's gel-liners fade.

I gave Primer Potion a try twice this weekend, and I have to say this is a very very good product. I would highly recommend this to anyone who has problems with eyeshadows/eyeliner staying on.

After applying the dubs of this nude colored potion, it glided easily onto my lids. Creamy, but surprisingly not oily nor drying on my lid. I had no problem whatsoever layering shadows on top, and 12 hours later, my eyeshadows looked almost as good as it did when applied.

Incredible! I am very excited about this product, and I would repurchase again and again. Thanks Makeup Alley!

All I know is, I had given up wearing eye shadow for a long time because it wouldn't hold the pigment on my small eyes and would crease because my lids would get oily. Oh how I missed wearing eyeshadow. I was searching around for the best eye primers on the forum and stumbled upon this. I felt like I was really taking a chance but I'm really glad I trusted the reviews. Everyone on here is very smart! On the first day, I did the ultimate test by doing a smoky look on my eyes with my MAC shadow. Miraculously, the smoothing primer that I thinly applied, clung on to the glitter and the pigment like a magnet. By the end of working 9 hours, The best looking thing about my make up was my eyes. Yay! A first for me. I use this everyday now before applying any eyeshadow. I know a lot of you use very compact and glittery shadows. This primer is great at clinging on to the glitter. I know because I use Urban Decay e/s all the time and will refuse to wear any of it w/o this eye potion.

I call it my miracle makeup.

I took one lippie off because the packaging could be better. #1 you can't see how much is left, #2 the wand is a little short. But thats it. continued >>

on 11/3/2006 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the first time I've ever even considered using an eye primer,but looking at the adorable packaging, and hearing my friend's rave reviews I couldnt stop myself. I absolutely love this stuff!! I apply it before I put anything else on, by the time I get to my eyeshadow it's already dry, and seriously...my shadow and liner lasts ALL DAY LONG! I dont think I can live without it now. I have only had to buy 2 tubes the last year. They last so long. The price, at first I would have thought it expensive, but consider how long it lasts, and this stuff is the best!
When the tube is new you might want to first blot a bit product onto your eyelids, and then using your finger apply it allover. As it gets older you can start using the actual applicator to swipe it across your lids. I noticed that if I used to applicator right away I ended up using way too much product!

on 11/2/2006 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Great stuff. Like glue for your eye make up but with no residual gunk on your eyes. I can't really add anything else to what others have said, except to urge you to go out and get some! Bottle lasts a long time as well!

on 11/1/2006 8:56:00 PM

This stuff is amazing! I used it for a wedding last summer and my eye makeup did not budge. I've been hooked on it ever since!
I have hard enough time keeping my eye makeup on regular days, let alone on hot humid days....

on 11/1/2006 4:34:00 AM

a 5/5 product. Can't be without it. cute packaging. started my obsession with UD. their eyeshadows with this is love. lasts until I take it off at night. This works with all of my eyeshadows, whatever brand they may be. Some days, or sometimes entire seasons, I have lids that get a little oily. Before udpp I'd go without shadow, for fear of creasing or the fact that it would disappear in an hour or two anyway, especially a cute light shadow. Now I don't have to. One of my few HG products. I could try other shadow primers, but I don't need to waste my time.

on 10/31/2006 12:53:00 PM

This is the only primer that I've used that actually keeps my e/s on all day! I don't even need to do a mid day touchup when I use this. LOVE IT!

Video Reviews & Tutorials