Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

I got a sample of this from beauty.com. I heard it was awesome but you really have to use it to believe it. I wore UDPP under their Grifter eyeshadow and it stayed on for hours without creasing! The eyeshadow seriously looked as good as when I'd put it on and glitter fallout was minimal.

I <3 this stuff! I bought it after hearing all the raves on the makeup board. UDPP really does help your eyeshadow stay on for hours. I still get some creasing from my BB gel eyeliner, but otherwise my shadow looks good. I don't have to touch up after a day at school and my eye shadow pretty much lasted in the hot humidity of Costa Rica. I just dot the UDPP on my lids and blend with my fingers and then voila! I highly recommend this product, will buy again when I run out!

Amazing! Does exactly what it promises to do. I bought it after reading the great reviews here. Apply it right after you wash your face, BEFORE your eyelids start to get oily. The bottle is a bit goofy, but I get it, primer *potion,* cute. Not a big deal. I tend to dab some on and then blend it over my eyelids with a clean finger rather than trying to do so with the wand. I haven't had issues with eyeshadow blending - I usually use my finger or a brush to do so, I tried it using a sponge-tip applicator and that was a disaster. It's great to go a whole night without worrying about creasing, oily lids, especially when you're on a date (or in bed and not planning on taking off your makeup...).

Finally bought this stuff after hearing about how amazing it is all this time. I like it alot, but I'm not in love with it. I does make e/s show up better (especially shimmery shadows and definitely pigments!) but it CAN make it a little harder to blend, especially matte colors. I have noticed that my makeup lasts longer with it, but it doesn't completely eliminate creasing, to my disappointment. It is surprisingly creamy - make sure you rub it in well and let it dry for a minute or two before putting any e/s over it. And be careful not to get this IN your eye - it burns! Overall, this is a great product with nice packaging and I will definitely buy it again.

Love it- I'm on my third bottle. If I don't use this stuff my eyeshadow melts and gets creasy EVERY TIME. With this primer that never happens- I can even use very fine loose shimmer on my lids and it sort of clings to the primer without getting all over my face. Can't live without it- my HG eye primer!

**Edit, not sure what happened, but suddenly this aggravated my eyelids and caused a flare up of excema- which I've never had before and which made my eyelids extremely puffy and tender. When I stopped using PP, the irritation went away. I've since been using Wet n Wild MegaEyes creme shadows for bases and they work just as well but also add some depth to whatever powder shadow I use over them***

**Update- I think the reaction above was from a bad batch of product. I found a much cheaper and identical alternative in ELF's eyeshadow primer. Highly prefer it because of the great price!

An HG for me. I use this nearly everyday and it hasn't failed me yet. I have very oily eyelids, and this keeps them nice and matte and helps my eyeshadow go on beautifully. Another plus- you can use it around your lips to prevent feathering.

this is a really good product.
u apply it on clean lids, and make sure the coat is smooth and even. it will intesify some of the eyeshadow colors if u use it while the primer is still wet on ur lid. but if u have problems wit mamking ur shadow go on smooth, just wait till the primer dries!
u can also use it to make glitter stick to ur eyelids, apply it on top of the primer when its still wet.
loving this stuff, definately buying it again when i run out!

HG alert!! I have always had oily skin, and eyeshadows were ALWAYS creasing and fading on me. I tried foundation as a base, MAC CCBs, MAC Shadesticks, and MAC Paints, and out of all of those only the Paints served as base that would not budge, but I still had creases showing up, which really bothered me. I kept hearing about UD PP, and after reading reviews, checking out FOTD's using it, and talking to some gals on the board, I splurged on a tube as an X-Mas present for myself, and I am SO GLAD that I did. I seriously cannot even think about doing my makeup without this stuff. I use it underneath MAC paints when I'm going for a colorful look, or by itself when I'm in a rush or just doing a light wash. I apply it under my lower lash line to help keep my eyeliner and mascara in place as well! But, beware imitation, as L'Oreal HIP has a similar eye base, but in terms of value, you get WAY more of UDPP for only 4 dollars more. Run out, or swap for this item, asap, especially if you have oily lids or creasing issues.

This lives up to the hype, IMO. It's the most impressive single product I've used, although I'm no junkie. This makes eye makeup--even the cheap stuff--last all night long.

I love my black Milani eyeshadow because of it's true black color, but it's so cheap and doesn't last two hours before I have to wipe the smudges off and reapply. IT LASTS ALL NIGHT NOW!

And then, at the end of the night, everything comes right of with my regular eye makeup remover. This stuff is truly amazing.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This stuff is brilliant. I didn't think it would work because nothing else did, and at first it didn't because I used it sparingly by just rubbing in a tiny amount. Unfortunately my dark e/s still creased but then I decided to give it a go with the full wand and paint it on.

Wow! It works wonders and e/s I had complained about not staying or creasing too much now stay put and last all day. Works well under liner as well to keep it from smudging.

Everyone must try this. My only gripe is that the tube doesn't hold much but the package is cute if not very practical for carrying with you.

Video Reviews & Tutorials