Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 1/14/2007 10:55:00 PM

This stuff is amazing! I bought it from a rec on the boards, and I am so impressed. I have very oily eyelids and all eyeshadows usually crease on me within a few hours, but with this as a primer, I can wear any eyeshadow all day long without creasing at all, I am truly impressed, and I never go a day without wearing this. Its pricy but worth it, because it lasts for so long. Thank you MUA for introducing me to this!

on 1/14/2007 3:28:00 AM

I have oily eyelids so this is really a wonderful item for me. I tried it yesterday before applying my eyeshadows. After 8hours (of sweat ant bread-baking), I can still see my eyeshadow colours nicely intact on my lids. Very good. Not problem with creases anymore! Will definately repurchase in the future.

on 1/12/2007 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This was a no-go for me. *Sighs*

When it came to making my eyeshadows more "vibrant", this did nothing special. I get them vibrant from just making my brush "damp" and apply that way. When it came to blending my shadows, if I spent too much time on it, it would "ball up" some how and get all weird... hard to explain.

Within 3 hours, my colors have faded and by 6-7 hours, my eye make up looks like CRAP. And my eye lids aren't even THAT oily.

I recently purchased MAC's Bare canvas paint to use as a base and though I have yet to try it for applying eyeshadow, this makes even my KOHLS stay on longer. Guess everybody's different. :)

on 1/12/2007 10:24:00 AM

HG. This is as close to a miracle as we will ever get. OF COURSE it won't make your e/s last for 12 hours straight, but gosh I'll take the awesome 8 hour+ wear I get. All my eyeshadows look SO much more vibrant. Love.

on 1/10/2007 9:49:00 PM

Wow - I can't say enough about this product. I have oily skin, which of course gives way to oily eye lids, and I've been SEARCHING for a primer to maintain my eye shadow and liner through the entire work day. This is perfect! My advice to you - a little goes a long way. I've found that if I accidentally apply too much of the "potion," then it clumps and makes it difficult to ultimately remove (and also to apply my eyeliner). I agree with previous reviews - there should be better instructions in terms of how to use the product. However, it works beautifully - my eyes look pristine through the wee hours of the morning! This has become a staple for me!

on 1/10/2007 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have extremely oily eyelids, and this is hands down the best eyeshadow primer I have ever used. Other products I have tried include: Mary Kay Triple Action Eye Enhancer, Mary Kay Eye Primer, Illuminaire All Day Eye Color in Cafe Latte, Origins Underwear for Lids, and Clinique Touch Base in Canvas. Most recenly I have been using MAC Paints, and I was fairly satisfied, since they gave me 10 hours of crease-free wear. But UDPP lasts 12 hours. It's one of those few products that actually is worth all the hype. My eyelids are so oily that I'm amazed by these people who claim UDPP keeps their shadow perfect overnight, but still, 12 hours is enough for most days. I haven't had any problems with UDPP reducing shadow blendability. I make sure I use a very thin layer. Then I brush MAC Blot Powder over top. Finally, I apply my liner (MAC Fluidline) and my shadow, and everything blends together just fine. I also like to use UDPP on days when I'm not wearing shadow because it keeps my lids from feeling heavy with oil for 12 hours. I put off trying UDPP for a long time because it is hard for me to get ahold of. I either have to order it or drive an hour and half to the nearest city. But it's definitely worth such inconvenience, and I will purchase it again and again. Ingredients: Isodecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium, Hectorite, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Triethylhexanoin, Isopropyl Lanolate, Sorbitan, Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Propylene Carbonate, Phenoxyethanol, Beeswax, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Methicone, Isobutylparaben. May Contain: Mica, Titatnium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride. continued >>

on 1/6/2007 11:46:00 AM

Eye shadow primer...now that's what I'm talking about!! If you ever look up 'eye shadow primer' in the dictionary, UD Primer Potion's picture should be listed there!
Every e/s primer I've ever tried before was thick and coated the lid so heavily that it made e/s application uneven and difficult. No so here! Very thin and silky formula that glides on and leaves the lid area smoothed and doesn't fall into lines. I lightly dust a bit of loose powder across the primer just to eliminate any drag w/ e/s application. Eyeshadow stays in place...no creasing!...and color stays strong and true ALL DAY! even in the summer heat!
A dream come true!! Definite repurchase!! =)

on 1/5/2007 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

unfortunately for me, this has irritated my eyes EVERY time i've worn it. it most definitely makes my shadow last, but at the cost of runny irritated eyes... just not worth it.

on 1/4/2007 9:02:00 PM

I can't believe I haven't written a review for this yet. This is my all time favorite beauty product in the world! It's honestly the one thing I would spend money on if I could only buy one beauty item per month. I've tried all kinds of eye primers (MAC, Benefit, Smashbox, Too Faced, etc) and nothing comes close to this. All the others claim to increase the wear of your shadows but the biggest differences with the UDPP is that you not only have your shadow last all day, it DOES NOT crease, it does not budge and intensifies the pigment in your eyeshadow (I'm talking even drugstore brands). If you ever have the chance, put a bit of this primer potion on your hand (enough so you can still see it because it is translucent) and let it dry. You'll see how much staying power it has when you try to wash it off. I use it every day and it lasts me about 4 to 5 months since you only need a bit of it. Love it!
P.S. The only person who might not love this is someone with EXTREMELY dry, flaky lids.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This stuff ROCKS!! I've always loved UD eyeshadows,so I bought the Primer Potion for my New Years party.I have the OILIEST lids in the history of the world,and this stuff kept my eyeshadow looking as fresh as when I first applied!Lasted all night long,even the day after!Plus the cute little purple genie bottle it comes in is ADORABLE!Awesome stuff!

Video Reviews & Tutorials