Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 12/8/2006 11:53:00 AM

I've never used a primer before but was compelled to buy this after reading all the reviews. Yesterday I applied it at 9:00am and it lasted until 2:00am with no creases and looking like I have just applied the eyeshadow!

I just put the primer over my foundation, let it dry for a few minutes; then brush on my eyeshadow.

My only complaint is that the packaging is a little too kitschy for me.

EDIT: I would also like to add that it works better for tradition eyeshadows. I used it this morning with my Bare Minerals eyeshadow and found it very hard to blend.

on 12/4/2006 10:02:00 PM

I have to go with the overwhelming majority and say this product is awesome! I have never, never had powder eyeshadow last more than an hour, and those days are over! This is a serious miracle product. Whoever invented this is a genius! All I can say is bless them! I am just beyond impressed with this product. The price is great too, because I have spent loads more on quality shadows hoping the quality would help the lasting power. Just a personal FYI don't be skimpy with the product. The first time I applied, I scraped the excess of the applicator like I do with any product like this. Anyhow, the shadow did not last. But, the next time I just applied a dot on each lid (evenly applied of course) and my eyeshadow lasted all day. Truly faboo!

on 12/2/2006 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Love this! I have Asian eyes, so the upper eyelid nearly covers the crease entirely. This means that without a primer my eyeshadow just moves into the crease line within 2 hours of application.

Using the UDPP this creasing is reduced by 95%? I doubt any primer except super glue can make my shadows creaseless 100% due to my eye structure, so I definitely recommend this product 100%.

As a bonus it does make your eyeshadow colours more vibrant. I did a swatch test where I swiped some eyeshadow over primed and unprimed area, and the difference was clear even in fluroscent light.

on 12/2/2006 4:39:00 PM

Just adding another data point - this product is as awesome as everyone says it is.

on 12/1/2006 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Where has this been all my life? If not for MUA reviews, I would never had seeked this out. Have tried using foundation or concealer to prime my eyes for shadow, have also tried seemingly endless "primer specific" products (most recently, Laura Mercier, Lumene...the list goes on.) Nothing has really helped even the most pricey of shadows from disappearing from my extremely oily lids after a few hours...until now. This stuff actually works. A full workday with no "greasy crease" line. After having used it for only a few weeks, I went out and bought a few "backups," as I can't imagine being without this stuff.

on 11/30/2006 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I feel bad taking off my makeup at night because my eyes still look so good! Not only does this product work, the application process is a major bonus! The wand is like a lipgloss applicator so you just swipe in on your lids and your fingers don't have to get in on the action (which is good for not being rough on the thin skin around your eyes and just keeping things clean). So you just swipe and let it dry a little (take this opportunity to put on your blush or something) and then you apply your shadow and even the color of your shadow seems truer. It's also good for highlighting your brow bone. And okay, how cute is the packaging? It's puts you in a Disney "bippity boppity boop" mood . . .

I found this just by asking the Sephora SA which is their best eyeshadow base and without hesitation she said "Urban Decay Primer". She said that people actually get mad when they come in and the store's out of stock. Good thing for me they had planty that day!

on 11/30/2006 4:30:00 PM

This works!!!! Keeps my eyeshadow on all day!

on 11/30/2006 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Finally something that works! I put it on in the morning and it lasts all day on my oily skin. I did notice on some darker eyeshawdows the color didn't look as pigmented as the day worn on (not too bad though) but no creasing at all.

I have been hearing the massive rave reviews for this primer for soooooo long and finally caved in and bought it with my Boots points, it's usually 9.50 here in the UK. This is wonderful for keeping my eye shadow on. I dont really wear any e/s unless i make a special effort and im going out else I wear quite pastel-y shades that dont always show up very much. This primer makes them 'pop'- i still get the subtle shade i want but this primer intensifies them more, and of course my e/s lasts and lasts......:) I also have never ever had a problem with this drying my eyelids out at all. It goes on smooth, dries, i put my e/s on, wipe it off with a face wipe at the end of the day and it works great!

on 11/29/2006 5:25:00 PM

i can finally wear eyeliner without it smudging or completely disapreaing!
A make up bag essential for life!!!!

however i find it makes eyeshadow difficult to blend but don'tcare. i can now wear eyeliner!!!

Video Reviews & Tutorials