Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 1/25/2007 9:47:00 PM

This is one of the best eye primer i have bought yet!!..since i have really oily lids, the eyeshadows tend to crease throughout the day...i tried so many products for mac but they still give me creases on my eyes at the end of the day..but UDPP will last all day, especially because i usually have 10 hour days w/my makeup on...you must try it if your looking for a really good eye primer!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

UDPP is definitely a staple item in my make-up kit. I've got fairly oily lids & a night out usually saw me having to reapply eyemake-up several times and the amount of stuff I had to carry around with me was getting ridiculous.
Since I started using this I've not experienced creasing. Plus it doesn't make my eyes water like MAC's Bare Canvas.
I find it's hard to blend my shadow if I apply it straight over the top so I use a neutral shadow (MAC's Orb is perfect) and then my coloured shadows and it blends like a dream.
I always make sure I have a back-up tube since I can never tell exactly how much is left but that's my only real complaint about this wonder product. Couldn't live without this product.
UPDATE: I've since realised how much of this stuff I've been throwing away. I popped out the little plastic tube in the neck & there's still loads left inside. Haven't even had to touch my back-up bottle yet.
Also, it can be difficult to blend your shadows (MAC's mattes in particular) if used straight on top of UDPP. A little bit of MAC paint, I use bare canvas, not only makes blending easier but makes the colours pop more too. A neutral shadow over the UDPP and then your chosen colours also works to make blending less of a chore.
EDIT; 17/02/2010 - The new primer in Eden is so much better for me than this version. I find it to be less drying & it doesn't cause me any irritation (this does). It's a great primer for oily lids that don't have a tendency to be sensitive but that's where it falls down for me.

on 1/25/2007 4:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Silly packaging, I hate you, I think I just threw out my brand new UDPP!!

I can only explain how much I love this like this (aside from the 5 stars): One morning I made myself the prettiest eyeshadow combo in awhile and felt gorgeous (UDPP underneath). In the late afternoon, my boyfriend decided we should go work out but I didn't have the time (or heart) to take it off. After 1.5 hrs of working out during which I ran most of the time, I ran into the bathroom to check for migrating eyeshadow and to my surprise I still looked perfect. Even my boyfriend was surprised. Everytime I tell this story I get a "why were you wearing makeup to the gym anyway?" Well, I don't care now, because apparently the only thing this doesn't hold up to is swimming.

The one annoying thing about this is the stickiness. Sometimes I like to use Benefit's High Brow and that over this is just impossible because it gets all flakey. And, since I have double-lidded Asian eyes, I have to wait 20-30 seconds before I can open my eyes, otherwise it will crease. I will repurchase and have at least four times. Sigh?

on 1/25/2007 1:01:00 AM

Like others I love love love this product - my eyelids used to eat eyeshadow, no matter how much I put on - but with UDPP my eyeshadow looks exactly the same at the end of the day as it did at the start. You can't ask for any more than that. Definitely an HG. Yay!

on 1/24/2007 5:25:00 PM

FABULOUS!!! I can't believe that my eyeshadow FINALLY lasts all day!! Some tips: First, use this sparingly - smear a bit on your eye and blend w/ your finger. This isn't lip gloss. Second, be careful when/if you put mascara on - I agree w/ the other reviewers who said it's tough to get mascara off of this stuff (also avoid getting this on your lashes, since you WILL have to put mascara on to cover it!) Finally, a tip from the girl at Sephora - put your shadow on while this is still slightly wet and it will last even longer. (But back to tip #1 - use this sparingly and it will work perfectly!) I love the cute genie bottle it comes in too!

on 1/23/2007 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I received a sample of this through a swap, set it aside and didn't think about it until recently. WOW, when I actually tried it I was amazed! I applied it to my bare lids, dusted over top with powder and applied my eyeshadow. My shadow didn't budge all day- it stayed exactly the same until I removed it 12 hours later, and I could barely get my eyeshadow off! AMAZING staying power!

on 1/23/2007 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I got the primer potion in one of the kits urban decay sells and I really didn't like it at all. it was sticky and made me feel like I had caked it on my lids. I prefer underwear for lids by origins much better.

on 1/22/2007 4:41:00 AM

first of all, the price: i've had the same tube of UDPP for quite some time so i feel like the price per usage is very reasonable.

secondly, the quality: i bought UDPP before it was a huge hit and i've loved it ever since. this was at a point in my life where i really loved UD's shadows, so i had to try their primer as well. before trying UDPP nothing could make my e/s not get creasey and oily and gross. i don't think i have really oily skin/lids, but some shadows just would not stick to me at all. after trying this, i never have this problem. just recently i've noticed that it's a little tacky for super-fine powders like fyrinnae and sweetscents, so i just layer the UDPP with a little pressed powder and the shadows are much easier to blend but still last all day. i honestly don't know how much diappointment i'd have encountered with eyeshadows if i hadn't found this. now i can slap on anything, even the cheapest e/s and it lasts all day. i live by this stuff, it's one HG i couldn't go for very long without. and again, VERY worth the price.

check out my reviews blog! http://toocooltobecruel.blogspot.com/

on 1/21/2007 9:40:00 PM

I've suffered from the "creased" eyelid look since I discovered eyeshadow. By early afternoon, I have a distinct horizontal line running the crease of my eyelid. So though I was skeptical, I tried this product hoping for the best and have since discovered it truly is a godsend. It absolutely eliminates any creasing or unwanted blending of shadow. I've even slept in my make up and woken up with still near-perfect shadow. I can't say anything bad about it, other than I wish UD sold it in larger bottles! One suggestion related to problems mentioned with blending shadows over this primer...I solve that by applying a layer of normal face powder on my entire lid (up the brow bone)right after the primer dries a little. I put my shadow on over the power, and it makes blending much easier/smoother and they still stay put all day long.

on 1/21/2007 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This stuff can't be beat!!!!
A little tip......pull out the plastic piece that is attached to the top (use tweezers or pliers) and you will not believe how much more product you will get!!!

Video Reviews & Tutorials