Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/3/2006 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the first time I've ever even considered using an eye primer,but looking at the adorable packaging, and hearing my friend's rave reviews I couldnt stop myself. I absolutely love this stuff!! I apply it before I put anything else on, by the time I get to my eyeshadow it's already dry, and seriously...my shadow and liner lasts ALL DAY LONG! I dont think I can live without it now. I have only had to buy 2 tubes the last year. They last so long. The price, at first I would have thought it expensive, but consider how long it lasts, and this stuff is the best!
When the tube is new you might want to first blot a bit product onto your eyelids, and then using your finger apply it allover. As it gets older you can start using the actual applicator to swipe it across your lids. I noticed that if I used to applicator right away I ended up using way too much product!

on 11/2/2006 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Great stuff. Like glue for your eye make up but with no residual gunk on your eyes. I can't really add anything else to what others have said, except to urge you to go out and get some! Bottle lasts a long time as well!

on 11/1/2006 8:56:00 PM

This stuff is amazing! I used it for a wedding last summer and my eye makeup did not budge. I've been hooked on it ever since!
I have hard enough time keeping my eye makeup on regular days, let alone on hot humid days....

on 11/1/2006 4:34:00 AM

a 5/5 product. Can't be without it. cute packaging. started my obsession with UD. their eyeshadows with this is love. lasts until I take it off at night. This works with all of my eyeshadows, whatever brand they may be. Some days, or sometimes entire seasons, I have lids that get a little oily. Before udpp I'd go without shadow, for fear of creasing or the fact that it would disappear in an hour or two anyway, especially a cute light shadow. Now I don't have to. One of my few HG products. I could try other shadow primers, but I don't need to waste my time.

on 10/31/2006 12:53:00 PM

This is the only primer that I've used that actually keeps my e/s on all day! I don't even need to do a mid day touchup when I use this. LOVE IT!

on 10/30/2006 5:33:00 PM

I have always had trouble with getting my eye shadow to stay on - no matter what type. This stuff worked great. My makeup finally stays on all day and comes off at night with no problem. I also have sensative skin and eyes and the product did not irritate them at all!

on 10/30/2006 6:30:00 AM

I'm sure there's a shadow base this good for cheaper, but I'm too lazy to look. It keeps whatever eye look I'm wearing in place until I take it off, which can be 12-14 hours. I think I'd rather it came in a little squeezable tube, since I just pat it on with my fingertips anyway.

on 10/26/2006 8:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

What would I do without this magic potion? I have deep set eyes, and it's the only thing that keeps my shadow and liner from disappearing rather quickly. I have dry 46 y.o. skin, but my eyelids are oily, for some reason. THANK YOU, UD!!!

on 10/24/2006 8:39:00 PM

I finally got this product and I love it! A little goes a long way, it will last forever! The package is so cute too =)

on 10/21/2006 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is GOOD. I did shimmery, smokey eyes for a big party, and this stuff kept my eye makeup looking great alllll night (and I mean until morning...it was one of those nights where I passed out with my makeup on, oops). Anyway, when I woke up I basically looked like a hungover zombie except for my eye makeup, which still looked terrific! (Hopefully I won't do that very often, but this is a testament to the power of this product). $14 is kind of expensive but it really does work, and it makes even my cheap eyeshadows stay put and look great for a long time, even through sweaty dancing (at a party or at a rehearsal)! The potion bottle packaging is, well, sort of silly I think but I get the concept, and the packaging is functional and doesn't leak so I really don't care what it looks like. Good stuff!
UPDATE: I STILL cannot believe how freakin' great this is. Buy it immediately.

Video Reviews & Tutorials