Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

i finally went out and bought UDPP after reading so many positive reviews here, and i must say that this stuff does live up to the hype. i've tried many different primers, and none of them work as well as UDPP. the eyeshadow will look like you just put it on at the end of the night.

This really does make the eyeshadow stick, but my only problem with it is that it's hard blending different colors together with this (since it sticks so much).

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Love the bottle and the sponge tip applicator, very convenient!
The texture is perfect so easy to blend; used it today for the 1st time so i want to try this with more e/s and colors so i can check if this enhances colors, but so far so good: the pic was shot after 13 hours i applied m/u with absolutely no re-touch. Used both on lids and below lash line.

continued >>

I was loyal to benefit FY Eye for years - I decided to try this becasue I was sick of using the benefit jar... And UD primer potion is 10x better! and i like the wand applicator. i put my e/s on at 7:45 am and came home at 8 pm, and no crease at all. impressive.

I've been using this every day as a primer since I bought it. I'm not sure if I like it better than my mac paints or not, but it does work pretty well. For me (NC15) it's a near perfect match to my skintone. And yes, my eyeshadows do tend to last longer and not crease as much with this (the not creasing is a HUGE plus).

I wish the packaging were clearer to show you how much was left. It's a cute little bottle with a doe foot wand but it's just hard to tell how fast I'm going through it. I know I'll be upset when it's out and I'd like to order more in advance.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This stuff works! I've tried a few primers to keep e/s from fading but nothing worked unless it popped the color more, which I didn't want. This keeps Shu metallic e/s from going anywhere, and they last all day. Thanks, UD, for making a product that works.

I will ALWAYS have some UDPP on tap, ALWAYS. I use it on my brows too to keep brow powders in place. AMAZING. My eyeshadow lasts through a 16 hour hospital shift. If that isn't crazy freaking awesome, I don't know what is.

JUST BUY THIS!!!

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Absolutely amazing! My eyeshadow stays on FOREVER! It's kinda hard to blend if you put it past the crease though so I just don't put it past the crease.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This stuff is unbelievable! I didn't even know that e/s primer existed until I got wind of MUA and reviews. I decided to give it a whirl b/c I can't stand e/s creases. By the end of the day my e/s looks the same as if I had recently applied it. Not a crease in site! It's a bit expensive, but I imagine that it will last quite a while. I'll definately re-purchase. UPDATE: This stuff is still great, but it does not work as well with mineral e/s. My BE shadows clump up during application, and it's really hard to blend.

Very good stuff. I tried it after all the positive reviews on here. I specifically tried it for my new MAC Subtle pigment sample I got that needed something more to hold it than simple foundation. I like UDPP - my eyeshadow creased a little, but only in one eye. I think it may just be my natural eyelid folds doing it. I haven't noticed any eyelid irritation or redness, either. Maybe a little drier, but nothing alarming. I love the packaging and the product's consistency. It blends *right* in and is silky smooth to apply. Word of caution, though - it doesn't make every e/s better. I've tried it with a couple of mineral makeups and assorted other e/s and it distorts their color just a bit. A particular mineral makeup was really hard to put on evenly and the end result was less than I would've liked. But overall I would recommend this product and will definitely keep using it!

*Edit 1-19-08: After using MAC's Bare Study Paint Pot for a while and then going back to UDPP...UDPP wins. I had to wear makeup after an especially full day of work and it held my eyeshadows with *no creasing* from, I swear 6:30am to 10:30pm. That's it; UDPP just wins and I've converted back! Also, cut off the top of the weird genie bottle and you will get twice, if not three times, as much primer potion as you normally would out of it!!!

Video Reviews & Tutorials