Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 1/31/2007 11:57:00 AM

HG primer, what else can I say? My eyeshadow has routinely lasted through showers, hot humid Ohio summer days, and weepy emotional breakdowns with this. My friends joke that I should get endorsement deals for this and Fekkai glossing creme, as they're the two products I recommend constantly.

on 1/29/2007 7:52:00 PM

Nope. I need a base with coverage; Laura Mercier eye basics for me. I can't understand the HG status of this

on 1/29/2007 12:45:00 PM

This is my new HG. I love love love it. I can't do eyeshadow without it anymore. My eyeshadow stayed on even after I went wakeboarding at the lake. Mu only complaints are the small bottle, it's cute but holds a lot of the product in, and the price 14.00 but I use it everyday and it lasts at least a month so I guess that is not bad.

I absolutely loved this primer.. it is fantastic for using with mac pigments as the primer really grabs the colour and powder. It lasted through a horrible cold rainy Scottish day and thats really saying something. I adore the packaging too.. it reminds me of a geanie in a lamp... TRULY MAGIC xx

on 1/28/2007 6:33:00 PM

This stuff is absolutely amazing!!!! For as long as I can remember I have always had problems with my shadow creasing. I have tried everything to get the makeup to stay. Nothing worked. I applied some in the middle of my eye with the wand and then smeared it with my finger. AMAZING!! Makeup lasted all day and through a shower!!!!

How could I live without with little bottle of magic? I never wear eyeshadow without this. It would be a sin.

I waited awhile to review this one because I had mixed feelings at first. This stuff is... weird. It's a little sticky until I put powder over it, sometimes it creases, sometimes it even stings my sensitive skin. BUT
I fell asleep with my makeup on last night, and this underneath
and woke up running late for work but didn't need to do my eyemakeup because it was PERFECT. Not a freaking smudge, nothing out of place, NADA.
I am sold.

on 1/28/2007 2:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've repurchased this 3 times and will continue to do so. This is pretty much the best primer for super oily lids. All my shadows stay on all day and they'll live through a hangover. Hah, even my super cheap dollar store shadows can last as long as my NARS shadows. My only problem with this is the packaging. While it is cute, it's not very practical. I hate not knowing how much is left, but now I know how to gauge it by the amount that comes out of the wand, having purchased this numerous times. Still, they need to make a clear bottle of this. The price is decent enough, and I stock up when they're available at my local Sephora. So go get 'em, ladies!

Works AMAZINGLY.
Just smear a bit on your lid using your finger and apply eyeshadow.
If you're planning on smudging your shadow do it right away, before it dries.
It keeps my makeup looking great for HOURS! I love this stuff.

on 1/25/2007 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is only the second product that I've reviewed because it's only the second product that I've found that is AMAZING. If I had all the money back for all the eyeshadow brands that I've tried - hunting for the 'perfect eyeshadow' that didn't crease and lasted all day, I'd be a rich woman. With UDPP you can make even the cheapest of eyeshadows look amazing and last all day. Not a single crease! Couple of tips: A little goes a LONG way - don't put on to much! I use a Taklon Brush to smooth it over the eyelid, wait a few seconds and brush on a loose base powder (even a foundation or regular powder is fine) and then apply my eyeshadow. It blends perfectly and looks great. This will be a staple product for me for a LONG time!

Video Reviews & Tutorials