Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 1/24/2007 5:25:00 PM

FABULOUS!!! I can't believe that my eyeshadow FINALLY lasts all day!! Some tips: First, use this sparingly - smear a bit on your eye and blend w/ your finger. This isn't lip gloss. Second, be careful when/if you put mascara on - I agree w/ the other reviewers who said it's tough to get mascara off of this stuff (also avoid getting this on your lashes, since you WILL have to put mascara on to cover it!) Finally, a tip from the girl at Sephora - put your shadow on while this is still slightly wet and it will last even longer. (But back to tip #1 - use this sparingly and it will work perfectly!) I love the cute genie bottle it comes in too!

on 1/23/2007 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I received a sample of this through a swap, set it aside and didn't think about it until recently. WOW, when I actually tried it I was amazed! I applied it to my bare lids, dusted over top with powder and applied my eyeshadow. My shadow didn't budge all day- it stayed exactly the same until I removed it 12 hours later, and I could barely get my eyeshadow off! AMAZING staying power!

on 1/23/2007 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I got the primer potion in one of the kits urban decay sells and I really didn't like it at all. it was sticky and made me feel like I had caked it on my lids. I prefer underwear for lids by origins much better.

on 1/22/2007 4:41:00 AM

first of all, the price: i've had the same tube of UDPP for quite some time so i feel like the price per usage is very reasonable.

secondly, the quality: i bought UDPP before it was a huge hit and i've loved it ever since. this was at a point in my life where i really loved UD's shadows, so i had to try their primer as well. before trying UDPP nothing could make my e/s not get creasey and oily and gross. i don't think i have really oily skin/lids, but some shadows just would not stick to me at all. after trying this, i never have this problem. just recently i've noticed that it's a little tacky for super-fine powders like fyrinnae and sweetscents, so i just layer the UDPP with a little pressed powder and the shadows are much easier to blend but still last all day. i honestly don't know how much diappointment i'd have encountered with eyeshadows if i hadn't found this. now i can slap on anything, even the cheapest e/s and it lasts all day. i live by this stuff, it's one HG i couldn't go for very long without. and again, VERY worth the price.

check out my reviews blog! http://toocooltobecruel.blogspot.com/

on 1/21/2007 9:40:00 PM

I've suffered from the "creased" eyelid look since I discovered eyeshadow. By early afternoon, I have a distinct horizontal line running the crease of my eyelid. So though I was skeptical, I tried this product hoping for the best and have since discovered it truly is a godsend. It absolutely eliminates any creasing or unwanted blending of shadow. I've even slept in my make up and woken up with still near-perfect shadow. I can't say anything bad about it, other than I wish UD sold it in larger bottles! One suggestion related to problems mentioned with blending shadows over this primer...I solve that by applying a layer of normal face powder on my entire lid (up the brow bone)right after the primer dries a little. I put my shadow on over the power, and it makes blending much easier/smoother and they still stay put all day long.

on 1/21/2007 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This stuff can't be beat!!!!
A little tip......pull out the plastic piece that is attached to the top (use tweezers or pliers) and you will not believe how much more product you will get!!!

on 1/20/2007 11:56:00 AM

This product is the absolute best. My eyelids are super oily and sensitive. My eyeshadow would be creased by 10am and I was totally unable to wear shadows with any kind of shimmer as I'm allergic to the mica. With this product, I put my e/s on at 7am and it's still on and looking perfect at 9pm. Now I am able to wear my shimmery shadows, too. No, the packaging isn't perfect but I have yet to find the perfect product in the perfect tube/bottle. But for $14 I'll continue to buy it. In fact, I always have an extra on hand as I can't imagine makeup life without it. Now, if they made this in a tinted shade...hhhmmmmm. Even better??

on 1/20/2007 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It works. The packaging isn't the best and I am almost positive I end up wasting the last 1/4 of the bottle due to the doe foot applicator being unable to reach the bottom. I don't even care though, because it works wonderfully. Anything I apply over it will not budge, including CCB's, Paints, Powders, Creme's, Liners and yes even mascara so be careful what you apply because it will not move! My lids are not oily to begin with, but I have allergies so I can tell you that this is waterproof!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Extended my shadow by a few hours. Now they crease instead of fading.

on 1/17/2007 5:37:00 PM

This review is my greatest makeup sob story. i used UDPP religiously since I got turned on to it (about 2 years ago). It really is a great e/s base, it does make shadows stay on all day long. Total HG material--I don't think I ever used e/s without it since I bought it. Yes, I share everyone else's gripes about the lamo tacky and wasteful packaging, but hey, if a product performs like this one, aspects such as those don't even cross my mind. The reason this little miracle gets only a 3 from me is that I've discovered this has caused a sensitizing reaction with my eyes. My eyes normally turn bloodshot at the slightest provocation, and easily itch from exposure to certain lighting, detergents, and fragrances. I blame my sensitive eye history for the enormous oversight of going practically 2 years before figuring out how allergic I am to this stuff. LOL, a little slow, you might say. I also think denial had something to do with it, because I didn't want to give this stuff up. It's amazing--it turns even crappy eyeshadows into usable, and even pretty ones! Wah. Oh well, as soon as I stopped using UDPP, my eyes felt comfortable again. Plus, I've come to face the fact that what good is e/s that stays fresh all day long, if the eyes wearing it are bright red??? To wrap it up, I certainly don't recommend this product for sensitive eyes, but if you can wear it without irritation, knock yourself out, you lucky you.

Video Reviews & Tutorials